Mission Idea Area Guidelines

Use this forum to explain your mission idea and/or to collaborate with the crew on a mission idea.

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Mission Idea Area Guidelines

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:10 pm

You can use this area of the forum to bring up and discuss any mission ideas you have. I can't guarantee that they'll all be used, but I'd be glad to hear some suggestions. :)

If you have a potential name for the mission in mind, go ahead and create a topic with that name (you or I can go in and edit the topic name later if need be), otherwise you can do something like "Kersare's Mission Idea 1" (and if you have more they can be 2, 3, 4, etc).

Even if you have just a basic idea, that's perfectly fine - we can flesh it out.

Some things to think about for missions:

1. Background info - As examples...If we're going to a planet - have relevant info about it (where it's located, climate, vegetation, indigenous people/animals, geographical features, etc) or if we're dealing with a new race - have info on their religion, government, appearance, economy, etc.

2. Current situation/problem - Describe what's going on that warrants our presence

3. Have obstacles for the crew to overcome. If we just breeze right through it, it's not as fun, right? ;) Try to have things for the various departments to work on so that nobody's left with "nothing" to do. A good/thorough/detailed obstacle would prevent the forward progress of the mission until it is resolved in some way.

4. Have at least a couple ideas as to how the mission could end. It might be that none of them or a mix of them are used, but it's important to have some form of goal. This (and the obstacles for that matter) may change some depending on what happens during the mission.

5. Keep in mind that any of the above mentioned things are meant as more of an outline/guide to the mission, but they can change! I like to have ideas down so I have some goals that I can have us work towards, but it's good to be flexible and allow for some different twists that the crew might think up on their own. Creativity is good.

Have at it!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A