Mission 19 - Name Suggestions & Volunteers

Have something on your mind about the Malinche, an idea on how to improve the ship, or a question you need answered? Place it here

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Mission 19 - Name Suggestions & Volunteers

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 am

If anyone has suggestions for a name for Mission 19, please place them here!

Basic info about the mission: The Malinche will be traveling back to 1986 to ensure Kirk & his crew are able to bring the humpback whales back to Earth of Kirk's time...

My best suggestion was to take a song from 1986 and replace a word in it with either "whale(s)" or "Romulan(s)" - such as "Take My Whales Away" (Take My Breath Away was the original song)...

Also, please volunteer to either stay on the ship or go down to the planet. If you want, you could have your character in one place and an NPC or PNPC in the other, so that you can help out in both places. Also, keep in mind that anyone going to the surface will either need to be human or easily disguised as a human unless you can think of some other way that it makes sense... (So, L'Randil would need to stay on the ship as I can't think of how a Caitian would blend in...however, a Bajoran or Vulcan could fairly easily either conceal or use a prosthesis of some sort to blend in).

So, in your responses...

1. Mission name suggestion(s)
2. Which character(s) are going to the planet or staying on the ship (Note that you're welcome to play other random NPCs on the ship at any time...but for obvious reasons I'll need to know who's going to the surface ahead of time).

Thanks!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Re: Mission 19 - Name Suggestions & Volunteers

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:52 am

1. Mission name: Save The Whales, Save The Future

2. Count me in for the ground crew. I don't wanna be kept up on the ship lol
Lieutenant JG James Walker Davis
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Harmon
Senior Staff

Re: Mission 19 - Name Suggestions & Volunteers

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

1.) My mind got stuck on other movies from 1986. So, here's my two cents.
James Kirk's Day Off (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
Big Trouble on Little Earth (Big Trouble in Little China)
Flight of the Bounty/Whales (Flight of the Navigator)

2.) I'll go to the surface. Unless the Command Staff had something else in mind for Devon or too many people volunteer for the surface. Semper Gumby...Always Flexible. :lol:
Chief Petty Officer Devon Harmon
Chief of the Boat & Master-at-Arms
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A