JP Opportunity of a Lifetime

Have something on your mind about the Malinche, an idea on how to improve the ship, or a question you need answered? Place it here

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Harmon
Senior Staff

JP Opportunity of a Lifetime

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:57 pm

It's 2381...March. We're en route to Starbase 10 near Romulan territory. Harmon is a Petty Officer 3rd Class and the murders of his first wife and daughter is still fresh on his mind. He has just cross-trained into the Criminal Investigations side of the house. Upon arrival at Starbase 10, he gets thrust into a murder. And another one, and another one....

How many people actually ask if anyone wants a to do a JP in the Character Development section of the forum? Well, at least one or two that I've seen on the Malinche. So I guess it's not really all that uncommon. But hey, why not? So...anybody up for a JP in Harmon's Character Development section entitled "And Then There was One?" It doesn't just have to be a one-time event. If the NPC you come up with wants to join in later on, no problem.

If you're interested, reply here or send me a PM.
Chief Petty Officer Devon Harmon
Chief of the Boat & Master-at-Arms
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Harmon
Senior Staff

Re: JP Opportunity of a Lifetime

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

I've accepted one offer...welcome to my crazy little world, Provisional Lieutenant Setak. And with the possibility of 6 regular NPC's, there might be room for one more person. Just bear in mind, it's a murder mystery series with a tip of the hat to Agatha Christie. So, 4 of the NPC's wind up dead. I'm finishing up a plot summary and characters right now. Here's a taste.

Four little Sailor boys playing with a bee
The bumble stung one and then there was three.

Three little Sailor boys walking in the zoo;
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.

Two little Sailor boys going for a run;
One looks out a window and then there was one.

One little Sailor boy left all alone;
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

No little Sailor boys to rain judgment on;
The killer tries suicide and then there was one.

One more spot...is it for you?
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Harmon
Senior Staff

Re: JP Opportunity of a Lifetime

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

First, I'd like to welcome Provisional Lt. Setak and Captain Kersare to my little murder mystery Character Development/background post. And as a reminder, there will always be time for someone else to join in.

Second, a little bit more of the steak. Four strangers wind up at Starbase 10 on leave at the same time. Two of them believe that they’ve been invited by an old friend - one that they can't contact to confirm the invitation. The other two received a note which stated that each had a received a large amount of credits from an anonymous donor. A donor that they “had helped immensely in the past and was finally able to properly recompense their assistance.” The notes said that the credits would be available at Starbase 10 for use there during the last two weeks of March. The notes also said that they were to contact a civilian on Starbase 10, Tommy Clinton, for confirmation of the credits and dates of their arrival.

“Coincidences take a lot of planning.” - Chief Devon Harmon
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A