Hello from the Conn

A place to introduce yourself and greet new crewmembers

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Rabb
Senior Staff

Hello from the Conn

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

I'm known as Rabb in the HF world...I was one of the founding members of Horizon Fleet and left for a couple of years to deal with family,work,college issues. I formerly played the CMO, Dr. Lovestreet - back when the XO was Chief Counselor :D I am happy to be back aboard the Malinche as the Chief Conn officer and I am looking forward to simming with you all and enjoying Star Trek's message. I like to add a little humor in Trek and simming.

IRL, I work as a police officer, married for almost 20 years with two teenagers and attend American Military University as a full time online college student. I am working on my undergrad degree in History with plans to continue at AMU to earn my MA in Ancient & Classical History. I hope to follow that up with a PhD in either Classical History or Early Modern European, specifically the Renaissance period. My long term goal is to become a college professor, hopefully at my local community college as well as online educating. I also hope to become a published author and just had an abstract accepted for AMU's History Club's journal.

As you can see, I am a busy person :shock:

I am always up for jp's, so shoot me a message or an email. Let's go blow something up :lol:
Lieutenant Stacy Rabb
Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Zeral
Senior Staff

Re: Hello from the Conn

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Welcome aboard/back! Speaking of Dr. Lovestreet, Nora never did get him in for a psych eval when she was still Chief Counselor... You are very, very crafty ;) I'm so glad to see you back, and I'm looking forward to seeing your sense of humor back in action aboard the Malinche.

I had no idea that you were a history buff. I'm just finishing up my bachelor's in history with minors in Latin and Greek, and I'll be entering grad school in the Classics this fall, so it looks like we have a lot in common. In fact, I think there are a few people here who are involved in/interested in history IRL. Good stuff, all around. Anyway, once again, welcome back!
Commander Nora Zeral
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rabb
Senior Staff

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Nora. It's nice to be back aboard. Sounds like we really have a lot in common here. That's awesome you are starting grad school this fall! We'll have to keep up with each other on how it's going. :)

I am trying to figure out the boards again, so I am looking for a JP..up for one?
Lieutenant Stacy Rabb
Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:17 am

First off, welcome back! Good to see some originals back in. I'm David aka James Davis. Hope to post with ya!
Lieutenant JG James Walker Davis
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Zeral
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:43 am

I am absolutely up for a JP. Send me a PM anytime you're ready to get one started :)
Commander Nora Zeral
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Drexel
Senior Staff

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Welcome to the Malinche! Now that we have some new people joining I dont have to be the "new guy" anymore. I am an avid History buff myself. Good luck on your endeavors to being a professor. If you ever want a JP I too am always willing.
Lieutenant JG Arron Drexel
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A