Lost And Found (JM with USS Sentinel/Peacekeeper)

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Starbase 386 Crew

Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:57 pm

<<USS Sentinel, Engineering, 1802, Day 2>>

Mikaela (PNPC) looked around Engineering. It was quieter - some crewmembers had gone for dinner, others were off shift. She'd noticed Kilana leaving awhile ago, though had a feeling she'd be back, considering the mission.

Seeing Beran (NPC) hunched over a console, she made her way to him. "Things going well, Cadet?"

Instantly he sat up straighter and with a few movements, changed what was displaying on the console, "Yes, ma'am. Warp core's in prime condition...The intermix ratios were slightly off earlier, but I compensated and it's reading fine now."

"I appreciate the update, though I meant your Uno game with Rhys and the others," she grinned. Mikaela could tell he was a little surprised at her question.

"Well, Mr. Monroe won the last two rounds. I'm afraid I'm new at the game," Beran replied.

Mikaela nodded, "You'll get better. Just be sure to keep an eye on the systems as well - somehow I don't think the playing Uno excuse would go over well if something went wrong with the warp core."

"Aye Lieutenant," he said, risking a small smile.

She turned and was going to head back to the diagnostics she'd started when Toby (NPC) rushed into Engineering, nearly out of breath. Mikaela raised an eyebrow and looked at him, "What's the hurry? You're off duty, you know..."

"Not here, up there," Toby pointed to the upper level of Engineering. They headed up ladder and saw Marc (NPC) standing there as well. Toby waved the Systems Manager over, "I just met our Chief Engineer," he replied, a somewhat distraught look on his face.

Marc paused a moment, "What do you mean? You've known Kilana..."

Toby shook his head, "No, we just got a new one - a replacement for Kroll. Lydia Keane."

"Are you sure? Captain Lange just appointed Kilana as Acting Chief a couple day ago... And we both know how efficient StarFleet is with replacements - I mean, look at our Executive Officer," Mikaela replied. She hoped it wasn't true... Kilana had just gotten her chance - to lose it so soon would be awful.

"I'm sure, I just talked to her in the Mess Hall. She apparently worked on the Intrepid design - a Lieutenant Commander. Not all that pleasant either," Toby said.

Marc looked from Toby to Mikaela, "Kilana's going to be crushed. Do you think she knows?"

Mikaela shrugged, "I've no idea. I haven't seen her since she left Engineering about an hour and a half ago. I think Lan...hmm, maybe she does know. Lange wanted to talk to her."

"It just doesn't seem right. I know Kilana's been wanting to get back into real Engineering for awhile now, but if we have a new Chief Engineer..." Marc stopped there, not finishing his sentence.

Toby broke in, "Keane said she'd talk to the Captain about having Kilana as Assistant Chief, but I'm not sure if I believe her."

"The other problem with that is that Jon (NPC) is already Assistant Chief. Not the best, but he is. I don't think the Captain would just pull Jon out," Marc replied.

Mikaela nodded, "Maybe the Captain'll let her keep an Engineering shift or something. I'm sure he knows how much she enjoys Engineering. Either way, Kilana will accept it, and Keane..."

"But why? She shouldn't have to," Toby replied - he was feeling a little more stubborn after his run-in with Lydia earlier.

"Maybe, maybe not, but she's not one to make a huge fuss, she does what's best for the ship. Why do you think she ended up as a Yeoman in the first place? Her CO needed her there, so she went," Mikaela pointed out. "I've known her and I'm one of her best friends - she'll be okay. And she knows she has us."

Marc nodded, "We'll see how it goes. I'm sure this Lydia is knowledgeable, or else StarFleet wouldn't have sent her. No use speculating on anything past that - I'm sure either Kilana, Lydia, or the Captain will tell us soon enough."

OFF:

Various Engineering NPCs

and

Lieutenant JG Mikaela Breland (PNPC)
Damage Control Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

played by:

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Captain's Yeoman, Chief of the Boat, Acting CEO
USS Sentinel NCC-74673
This is a post by a member of Starbase 386's Crew
http://starbase386.antoniemey.com/

Starbase 386 Crew

Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:49 pm

ON: <USS Sentinel. Lange's Quarters, 0630, Day 3>

A Borg sphere erupted form the side of a dying cube and flew towards Earth. Lange watched the view shift as the ship recording the scene swung into a pursuit course. Then a glowing portal began to open in front of the sphere.

"Computer, cease playback," Lange ordered as he stood and began to pace. He hadn't been able to sleep well last night, so he'd gotten up early this morning and watched every visual record from every Starfleet encounter with the Borg... it hadn't given him much insight into their tactics.

So far he'd managed to learn that the Borg were strong, technologically advanced, and didn't care one bit how many people they killed on their way to their objective. The problem was, he'd already known all that. The only thing even resembling a tactical insight that he'd found was that the Borg, much like a hive of insects, would sacrifice between 1 and 5 drones to distract their quarry while they sent in more drones to attack from another position.

That tactic in and of itself wasn't remarkable, as most species had employed it at some time or another in their history. The frequency with which the Borg used it, however, did reinforce the theory that they acted as much like one single being as like a group of linked beings. It also meant that Lange would be very careful in engaging the Borg should it come down to a man to machine firefight.

With a sigh, Lange reached over and shut off his desk terminal. He then walked to the replicator. It wouldn't do to go hungry while he tried to figure out his mechanically enhanced opponents. "Computer, 2 eggs over-easy, cubed hash-browns, wheat toast with raspberry preserves, and a tall glass of orange juice."

The replicator beeped its acknowledgment, then the hum of the transporter filled the room. A moment later, Lange's breakfast glittered into being. Lange picked up the tray and walked the few steps to the table. He set the tray down such that he was facing the picture windows that dominated the forward wall of his quarters. There were perks to being Captain, and one of them was a room with a view.

OFF:
Commanding Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673
Task Force 22, Horizon Fleet

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:13 pm

OFF: Moving on to Day 3, feel free to backpost for Day 2 or for earlier in Day 3.

ON:
<<USS Malinche, Bridge, 1042, Day 3>>

Feeling slightly more prepared for a Borg attack due to the various preparations her crew had been carrying out, yet still concerned, Isabel had been pacing along the Bridge for the past fifteen minutes. They'd slowed to impulse a few hours ago when they were getting close to Direidi, so as not to miss anything important. Finally, Isabel took a seat in the command chair.

Caz manned the tactical station like a seasoned pro, her hands almost dancing off the console, reviewing weapons systems and sensor reports in tandem. It was while she was doing a review of the secondary sensor array that she discovered something of possible interest. "Captain I have a weak energy signature at 354 by 620, it's travelling at sublight speeds. Titanium composite hull."

"Any life signs?" Isabel turned to look at Caroline. Truth be told, she was rather hoping it would be an escape pod with Sirion crewmembers inside. This could be the first encouraging, or discouraging - depending on how you looked at it - piece of evidence.

"Hard to determine at this range, I'm getting a bio-signature but I can't tell if I'm looking at one lifeform or a collection of fungus. For all we know I may have just found an intergalactic mushroom farm." Caroline replied as her hands played over the console trying to fine tune sensor resolution.

"Alright, keep me updated. Mr. Quaid, plot an intercept course, half impulse power," Isabel ordered. Though the potential escape pod wasn't extremely close, she'd rather not take the chance of missing it or losing the signature.

"Aye Captain, three-five-four mark six-two-zero, engaging at half impulse," Jake replied, working the helm controls like a classical pianist performing a difficult piece. He looked at the main viewer as the ship changed course. It was obvious that they couldn't see anything at this range but his navigational sensors did detect the same readings now.

Mason walked onto the bridge seeing Kersare at her station. For a moment he felt a bit light headed as he moved to his chair. He could hear Jake?s punching in commands to his console which maid him look over hopefully at least he thought would refocus him to the reality around him. The images would not stop floating about in his mind, as his head was about to clear he saw Kersare looking at him with concern.

Isabel turned as her Executive Officer walked onto the bridge and headed in her direction. "Something wrong, Commander?"

?Not sure Captain suddenly the images I have been experiencing have diminished when I looked up at the view screen. What?s going on?? he asked turning his console around to face him.

"We've found energy readings - possibly some escape pods. We're trying to get closer now to deter-," Isabel began explaining the situation to Mason when Caroline interrupted her.

"Captain!" Caz almost yelled in excitement. "I'm getting a Starfleet transponder, the object is a lifeboat alright, type three, two man unit. She's from the Sirion. It looks like she's also got another one in tow.

Isabel stood up and turned to face Caroline, "Lifesigns?" She nearly held her breath in anticipation.

"Three in total, two in the first pod one in the pod that's under tow. All extremely weak. It looks like the first pod has a minor breach, they are venting atmosphere." Caroline replied looking up towards Kersare's face. "We'll be in transporter range in six minutes." She added anticipating the next course of action.

Without even giving his now headache a second thought, Mason tapped on his comm badge and started to bark out orders. ?Transporter room one stand by to beam three from the escape pods. Helm go to maneuvering thrusters.?

"How's their structural integrity?" Six minutes wasn't long, generally, but if the people in the escape pod didn't have six minutes, Isabel knew it would be an eternity. "Will they be alright until we're in range?"

Fine tuning the scans even further the data that was coming up for Caz was not re-assuring. "Structural integrity is at 32%, it's that damned tractor beam. They seem to have robbed power from every system the pod has to get it up and running. Whoever is in that second pod they didn't want to risk losing them, even if it means losing their own lives."

Isabel paused to consider the situation. "Are they able to receive communications?"

"Standard subspace is out of the question, it looks like their communications array is shot. Having said that, it might be a bit old but they should be able to pick up a low band RF transmission." Caz offered.

Isabel nodded and turned to the young Communications Officer, "Send a message to the escape pods that help is minutes away and that they should shut off the tractor beam. Also, alert the Sentinel to what's going on."

The young communications officer nodded and carried out Kersare?s orders. Being a bit nervous she had trouble getting the message through then smiled briefly after getting through the interference. Mason leaned over at his console as it flashed at him showing the escape pod?s life support levels dropping.?Captain, if we are going to do this we now have less than four minutes left and counting. According to these readings their structural integrity is down to 24%.?

Tapping her commbadge, Isabel said, "Kersare to Sickbay. We've found three survivors in escape pods. We'll be in transporter range in four minutes and they'll be beamed directly to you."

"Aye Captain, Sickbay out."

"How far away are we, Lieutenant?" Isabel looked over at Jacob.

"We're about 80'000 kilometers away at our present speed, I recommend increasing speed to full impulse at this point Ma'am, the Malinche's effective Transporter Range is 40'000 kilometers and I'd rather be a lot closer when we beam them out," Quaid replied.

She nodded, then looked at Caroline, "Is the tractor beam still active?"

"Beam is still active." Caz looked back down at her board. "I'm picking up an energy spike in the pods main manifold, she's going to blow!" The young security chief looked back at up at her captain. "If we're going to get them out we need to do it now.

Isabel's eyes widened, "Lock onto their signals and beam them directly to Sickbay. Energize as soon as you have a lock!"

"Attempting to boost targeting scanners, I have a lock, initiating transp?." Before Caz could finish her commentary the bridge was bathed in light as the lead escape pod exploded.

Gripping her chair as the shock waves from the explosion washed over the Malinche's hull, Isabel's eyes were glued to the image on the viewscreen, debris floating in space. "Did we get them?"

Caroline checked her readings. "Transport of two life forms confirmed. The third never rematerialised. The explosion scattered the pattern. I'm sorry Captain, there was nothing we could do." Even though she knew it to be true the words held no comfort for Caz.

As Isabel heard Caroline's words, she looked at the ground. They'd been so close, yet they couldn't save all of them. "Damage report," she requested, her voice a little quieter.

"Minor damage to hull plating on decks three through six. We're a little singed round the edges but otherwise we're fine Captain." Locking her console Caz made her way to the Captain's side. "Permission to go down to sickbay ma'am. I lost their comrade, I should tell them what happened."

Isabel looked at Caroline, considering her request. "Permission granted, Ms. Rodgers." She looked back at Mason, "I'm going with her - you have the Bridge, Commander. Update the Sentinel on what's happened and ask them to keep a lookout for more escape pods. Until we return, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep an eye on any relevant tactical information, Mr. Quaid."

?Ensign open a channel to the Sentinel and relay our current data as well as inform her Captain to continue scanning for more pods.? Said Mason sitting down in the center seat.

"Aye Captain..." Quaid replied quietly as he received control of the Tactical systems via his console.

"Let's go," Isabel said as she turned back to Caroline and started off the bridge.

A part of Quaid wanted to slam his fist through the helm controls... he should have moved faster. He knew caution was advised because for all they knew, the inhabitants of the pods could have been Borg Drones, or the readings could have been false and a Borg vessel could have been waiting for them, but the loss of life was still unnecessary in Quaid's point of view. He continued to monitor the sensors for additional transponder signals, vowing he wouldn't make the same mistake again if he could help it.

OFF: JP brought to you by:

Commander Mason Hunt
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant Jacob Quaid
Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant JG Caroline Rodgers
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Starbase 386 Crew

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:58 pm

< USS Sentinel - Monroe's Quarters :: MD3 :: 0515hrs >

Rhys didn't want to admit it to anyone, especially to Quaid, but he HAD been pondering on the scenario of having to try to fight the Borg, instead of running. And the scary truth of the matter was that no matter what, fight or retreat, there was a 96% chance they would be destroyed or assimilated. Starfleet had taken a major risk of sending additional ships after ones already gone.

Beast whimpered at his feet. Scratching the dog's ears, Rhys leaned back with a sigh. He really hoped he and Quaid could figure out something, but there was an immense doubt in his mind. The forboding feeling he had explained to his sister was still there, lurking in the pit of his stomach, filling his entire being with dread. He just didn't want anyone else to know yet, because also deep down he was holding out hope that something could be saved in all of this.

And so, to keep others from panicking, he had brought his personal defense mechanisms up stronger than ever. His cheery personality to his crewmates, his bitterness towards the Malinche and crew, his carefree attitude towards it all. Everything except his Uno games... that was just normal fun.

He didn't want to give up, but he didn't like taunting death, which is what it felt like.

Rubbing his temples, he stood and exited his quarters. He needed to change the scenery a little. Turning dow the corridor, he headed towards the Mess Hall. Perhaps there a miracle would reveal itself.

---

OFF

A reflection by your crazy flyboy:
-
as played by
:Trent

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:44 pm

<USS Malinche, CIO?s Office, MD03, 1045>

Jack was working through the daily Intel reports from this area of space, trying to see any information that could be of use, but so far he hadn?t come across much, nothing in fact. As he picked up the final PADD the stars outside his window snapped into focus and the ever-present noise from the warp core changed tone, he took this to mean something had been detected.

He used his desktop monitor to call up a live feed from the bridge and watched the drama unfold, seeing his office illuminated by the same flash that lit up the bridge moments before the ship rocked from the shockwaves, a rock enough to send the PADDs at the edge of his desk clattering to the floor.

When the Captain and new Tactical Officer left the bridge to head to sickbay Jack made the decision to join them, he stood up and stumbled over the PADDs and grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair near the entrance to the room.

He exited into the hallway and began walking to sickbay, hoping to arrive in time to meet the party from the bridge, while it was unlikely the rescued crewman would be in any fit state Jack hoped he might be able to gleam some useful piece of Intel from them.

He had also heard rumours of a new doctor being assigned, and had to admit he was curious to see what this new one was like. He picked up pace and arrived at a turbolift that was conveniently waiting with its doors open, he darted inside before it was called somewhere else. ?Sickbay??
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Peters
Senior Staff

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:28 pm

ON: <USS Malinche, Main Engineering, Day 3, 0930>

Peters looked out of his office and saw C'eltor (NPC) at one of the nearby consoles. He called out and waved her over. As she entered his office, he motioned her to have a seat, then sat back down in his own chair.

"Something I can do for you, Chief?" she asked.

"Yes... Now that we have some ideas for how to keep the Borg from taking over the ship in a heartbeat, I've been going over the maintenance logs from our stay at the starbase. There are a few things that we didn't get attended to while we were trying to repair the critical damage that I'd like to get dealt with today." Peters waggled the PADD he was holding.

"Alright," she replied, "fire away."

"Well," Peters started. "First off, we're due for a maintenance check on the Alpha Section warp systems. I also want the Antimatter injectors in that section re-aligned. Scans show they're off by about 4 microns. It's not much, but..."

"It'll sap effeciency and only get worse... especially if we end up in MVAM," C'eltor finished for him. "Check... I think I can get Corrin (NPC) on that as soon as he's done with the daily diagnostic of the primary system."

"Good." Peters smiled. "The Impulse manifolds need purged, as well. That would normally be S'erak's (NPC) area, but he's on Beta shift today, and I'd like it done before they come on."

C'eltor ran down the duty roster in her head. "It's not a long job, I think Melat (NPC) should be able to handle it."

"OK. The transporter rooms haven't been degaussed in awhile," Peters paused. "That's also not a long job, do you think Melat could handle that one too?"

"I think so, yes," C'eltor replied without hesitation. The Bolian talked alot, but was more efficient than most of the other engineers at completing tasks assigned to her.

"Alright... only two more things on the list, and I have someone in mind for the last item... so... Who do you think could use a turn at re-initializing the Bussard collectors... preferably one of our newer people... to get them the experience."

"Cadet Altin (NPC)," C'eltor replied, again with no hesitation. "He's only been aboard on his training cruise for a couple of months, but he's doing well. and he hasn't done anything with the nacelles or any warp related systems yet."

"Alright, have him do it, but then make sure you check the job when he's finished. That leaves checking the Nacelle Jettison Charges to make sure they're operational, but not in danger of an accidental discharge." Peters set the padd down.

"Who did you have in mind for that?" C'eltor asked.

"Akios, who else?" Peters grinned.

"Are you going to have that bird do all of your special projects?"

"Not all," Peters said, "Just all the ones he seems to have an aptitude for... which is most of them. Should I tell him, or do you want to do it in your rounds with the rest of it."

"No sense in having it look like he's getting a special assignment when he's not. I'll tell him," C'eltor said.

"Alright, then I'll see you later," Peters answered as she stood to leave.

OFF:
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:06 pm

<<USS Malinche, Corridor, 1121, Day 3>>

After leaving Sickbay and starting back to the Bridge, Isabel had gotten a message from the Communications officer on duty that a shuttle had arrived with the Malinche's new Chief Medical Officer and Chief Counselor. She'd been a bit surprised - especially about the CMO...Cameron had never mentioned leaving, but she assumed it must have been some kind of emergency. In eithercase, the new crewmembers were in the Shuttlebay, so Isabel decided to greet them personally.

<<USS Malinche, Shuttlebay, 1110 hours, Day 3>>

For Counselor Nora Zeral, the flight had passed by in a daze, her thoughts occupied on the hours and days ahead of her. The Betazoid was unused to the feelings of trepidation that filled her. With each of the assignments she'd accepted before, she'd always been filled with ambition and courage. But now...

Perhaps it was the sheer size of her new assignment, or the surprise of her sudden promotion. Whatever the reason, Nora couldn't escape the butterflies that fluttered deep in her stomach. Nevertheless, she was composed, professional and, despite her nervous anticipation, deeply excited to begin her new assignment.

Though she'd yet yet to meet him, the new Chief Counselor was aware that another new crew member had been traveling aboard the same shuttlecraft. Having already exited the shuttle, she cast her dark eyes about the bay, hoping to seek out the new crew member.

Oliver was glad to be off that ridiculous shuttle. The only thing worse than traveling by shuttle was being 'beamed' around the cosmos. "OH MY GODS." said Oliver. He looked around the shuttle bay. "Whoa. Looks like this place has seen better days."

He thought about the other new crewmember who was on the shuttle and turned around. There she was...a stunning vision of beauty in a Starfleet Officers' attire. Oliver walked up to her, seeing she was still gazing at the damaged shuttle bay.

"Hello there. Dr. O at your service. If there's anything you need, don't hesistate to call on me. Doesn't matter...any shift, any time, any where....I'll be there." He smiled and put out his hand to shake.

Nora, being a Betazoid, as well as a trained psychologist, had several immediate impressions about the man before her. He certainly was...charismatic. Charming in his way, or at least trying to be. It didn't take long for her to decide that Dr. O, as he called himself, was a definite character. And she found that she liked him for it.

"Dr. O, is it?" Nora replied brightly with a smile, shaking his hand briefly and firmly. "I'm Counselor Nora Zeral. And, of course, if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to call on me. Any shift, any time, any where...I'll be there. If you have an appointment." Her words were laced with humor, and she couldn't help but raise her eyebrows a bit. No one ever expected a counselor to have a sense of humor.

O smiled widely. He liked this woman already. ~Now here's someone I can laugh with...and maybe...~ thought Oliver.

The shuttlebay doors swished open and Isabel walked in. Her eyes swept across the Shuttlebay - thankfully it had been repaired fairly quickly after the incident with Jaran. Across the room, standing next to a shuttle were two officers in Sciences teal - a man with light brown hair and a woman with blonde hair. The woman appeared to be in her twenties, the man looked to be about her own age. Isabel walked over to them, "Good morning, I'm Captain Isabel Kersare, Commanding Officer of the USS Malinche."

O looked over his left shoulder at the woman who had just opened her mouth. He quickly took note of the four pips. O had learned early in his career the first place to look on a woman was actually her neck....to see if she outranked him; instead of looking...well. His thoughts flooded into the present. He moved away from the counselor and took what he thought might be as military a stance as he remembered.

"Captain Kersare, heard so much about you. A pleasure indeed." O extended a hand. What he hoped Kersare didn't see was how he was trying to make time with the new counselor.

Isabel smiled and shook the man's hand, "Pleasure to meet you as well. I'm afraid I don't know either of your names - I only just learned that you were arriving when I left Sickbay. I presume you're the new Chief Medical Officer and Chief Counselor though."

With the Captain's arrival, Nora's humor vanished instantly. For a moment, the butterflies in her stomach were dancing wildly, threatening to overcome her composure. Practically commanding herself to calm down, she felt her uneasiness abate and offered her hand calmly to the Captain.

"Good morning, Captain Kersare. I'm Counselor Zeral, and I'm delighted to make your acquaintance." Her words were formal but sincere, and Nora was careful to make eye contact with her new Commanding Officer. It was the first time that she'd served under a female Captain and she couldn't help but feel that it was a kind of improvement. Certain that Dr. O would want to introduce himself, she waited for him to do so.

"That we are....that is to say....she and I are...what I mean is...yes! I'm the new Chief Medical Officer...and this", pointing nonchalantly towards Nora," is the new Chief Counselor." O moved a little closer to his new CO. "A, say Captain. Do you think we could share digs? I mean, it's important for me to be fully aware of all my patients needs; especially since we just arrived here."

Isabel raised an eyebrow. Share quarters? "Doctor, I don't believe that is a good idea... I have my own quarters, as do you..."

He looked at the Captain with puppy dog eyes. "Excuse me Captain. I was actually referring to the new Chief Counselor, not you. See, I need to do some thesis work on Interspacial relationships and I was hoping Nora here would be able to help me with some of the finer points."

O tried to look innocent and congenial. He hoped it was working but by the look on the Captain's face, not to mention Nora's, he got the feeling they weren't as enthusiastic about interspacial relations as he was.

"All senior officers get their own quarters, Doctor. I'm sure your thesis can be accomplished by other means. How was your shuttle flight," Isabel looked from one to the other.

O whistled a little. "Quite disgusting actually. But then, what do you expect when flying around in a scrap metal can?" said O.

Nora had somehow managed to keep a calm, contented look on her face as the Doctor put forth his ridiculous request. She assumed that he was joking and was in some small way amused, although also the tiniest bit embarassed. Letting the Captain handle his remarks, she serenely looked on, trying to get a feel for the people before her.

"I hardly noticed the flight," Nora said truthfully. "It was much faster than I thought it would be, and I'm just happy to finally be off the ground. Two years stationed on a planet's surface was more than enough for me."

Isabel smiled at Nora, "Understandable. I don't think you'll be on the ground for awhile yet...certainly not for this mission at least."

Smiling at Doctor Lovestreet, Nora added, "If I'd known you disliked shuttle flights, I would have tried to distract you. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to meet during the flight."

"Oh, that's alright. Not everyone dislikes shuttles as much as I do so I've learned to keep my trap shut. I just blank out."

"That's not a bad idea," Nora said with a smile, thinking how pleasant the flight would have been if she, too, had allowed herself to 'blank out.'

"I hate to rush you, but I'm afraid both of you will probably be needed in Sickbay shortly. We found survivors from two escape pods and I think they could benefit from your expertise. Please do stop by your quarters first - they should be in the system already, so just ask the Computer. I've also asked my yeoman to leave a briefing regarding our current mission in your quarters; if you'd like further clarification, just ask," Isabel said. Partly she didn't like just rushing them off, but they were already finding escape pods...the Sirion could be next...and she needed to be on the bridge.

"Well, that's just fine by me Captain. I like to get my hands dirty first thing in the morning anyway; I find that I have a better appetite after dealing with sick and decay." O smiled and looked serene.

Isabel turned to Nora, "One more thing, Ms. Zeral... There's a special patient you'll be dealing with... Doctor Carter has had one session with him already, so I'd suggest speaking with her. I could also give you further details later if you wish."

Nora nodded, making a mental note to seek out Doctor Carter. "I'll look into it directly, Captain. Any details on this patient would be greatly appreciated." Ten minutes on the ship and already there was a special case for her to look into. Nora was strangely grateful for that fact, feeling eager to begin organizing her new life and assignment.

"Any questions or anything I can do for you before I go?" Isabel looked from Oliver to Nora.

"Ah, one question Captain; do you have any Demariak Snake Charmers aboard? I've been feeling a little twing in my....", looking at the Captain's face, "Ah...ok. Never mind, I take that as a no. I"ll be moving along then to my duties. Cherrios and Rice Krispies to you all."

"No questions from me, Captain Kersare. It's been a pleasure meeting you in person." Turning to Oliver, she added, "I'm sure I'll be seeing you shortly in Sickbay. Try not to get into any trouble in the meantime." From what little she knew of Dr. Lovestreet, Nora found it difficult to believe that he wouldn't get in any trouble between then and now.

Isabel nodded to each of them, extending her hand to shake each of theirs, "Glad to have both of you aboard; I hope you enjoy it here. Good luck Doctors." With a last smile, Isabel turned and left the Shuttlebay.

OFF: JP brought to you by:

Lieutenant JG Oliver Lovestreet
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant JG Nora Zeral
Chief Counselor
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Lovestreet
Senior Staff

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 pm

<<USS Malinche, Corridor, 1135, Day 3>>

Oliver was on his way to Sickbay. He didn't much care to check out his quarters first. There would be time for that later; perhaps much later. If his entire nursing staff was as attractive as the new Chief Counselor, O was going to need a gin and tonic on a daily basis.

*Maybe I can get it intravenously* he thought. *Na, I hate the thought of actually sticking a needle in my own arm. That would require using outdated techniques.*

O reached the turbolift and waited patiently for two young officers to exit. He tried to pay no mind to them, but the human male ensign was holding the doors open and not letting the human woman exit. They both looked to be ensigns and from the looks of their uniforms, perhaps in enginering or operations.

"Sally, I can't live without you. I need to know if you are going to truly spend time with me..."

"Oh Phiko, you know how I feel about you...."

The pair embraced and started to kiss....Dr. O cleared his throat.

"People, people, hello, hello." He clapped his hands together and pushed himself between the two. "I'm sure you are totally enthralled in this Denebian Lip Locking Challenge, but some of us have work to do. I'd suggest you two either visit Deneb IV to resume this contest or adjourn to a hotel; something in the form of a Type 8 shuttle perhaps."

The two ensigns turned bright red. The woman went one way and the man went the other. They didn't even excuse themselves.

""How rude. At least they could have blown a kiss to each other. Geezzz." said O.

The turoblift doors closed and O grabbed onto the wall. "Ok...here we go again with the technology." He looked up at the roof of the lift. "Now, I trust you know how important I am; at least to myself and my parents. I'd like to go to Sickbay....," he raised his arms upwards, "do you hear me? S I C K B A Y." Dr. O plucked every letter out of the thin air.

The lift jolted and the computer responded. "Sickbay."

Dr. O held onto the lift with one hand and he rubbed his forehead with the other. "Man, this is going to be a long day." O shut his eyes and started to slowly count to himself.

The turbolift stopped and the doors swished open. "Oh, thank the Gods...wherever they may be."

<<Deck 7, Sickbay Corridor>>

Dr. O exited the turbolift onto the floor of Deck 7. A woman rushed up to him, almost knocking him down. She was dressed in teal, presumably someone on his staff.

"OH...Lieutenant! I'm sorry sir. I am on the way to greet our new Chief Medical Officer."

O smiled and stepped back three steps. "Well, you've been successful crewman. For, here he is, in the flesh, more or less." O moved forward again. "I'm Doctor Oliver Lovestreet; easy on the love part ok?"

The young crewman almost burst out. "Thank you sir. I"m Physician's Mate Emily McKnight. If you'll follow me sir, I will escort you to Sickbay."

McKnight turned on her heels and started quick stepping down the corridor. O started to follow her and decided to start his staff off on the right foot.

"Whoa there Emily. I'll follow you anywhere; I am of the male species; but what's the hurry? Where's the fire?" O started looking around the ceiling. "Does the fire suppression not work down here? Is that what's going on?" He stumbled around, watching the ceiling instead of where he was going.

McKnight wasn't quite sure how to take her new boss. "Ah, no sir. I'm just used to a quick step. I get where I'm going faster."

O stopped twirling and pointing to the ceiling and stood in front of Emily. "McKnight; if there is one thing you are going to learn from me, it's this: Life is TOO short to worry about getting where you are going faster than time and space permit. Life will still go on; whether you get there ahead of it or not."

"Ah, yes sir....I....understand....I think. If you'll follow me Lieutenant..." she said and turned back around. This time, sure not to walk so quickly.

OFF
Dr. Oliver Lovestreet
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:55 pm

<USS Malinche, Corridor, MD03, 1053>

Jack rounded the corner to approach sickbay at a brisk pace, knocking into a command ensign as he went, causing them both to nearly fall over, the young man?s hand was held at chest level in an effort to cushion the blow, knocking Jacks combadge to the floor in the process.

The Ensign spoke first, somewhat timidly, ?I?m so sorry sir, I should have been more careful. Are you ok??

Jack straightened himself as he looked himself over, ?No lasting damage, don?t worry about it Ensign, I was as guilty of not watching where I was going as you are. Are you ok?? He was trying to be polite but he was eager to get to sick bay and this Ensign was slowing him down.

?Yes sir, I?m fine sir? The Ensign smiled

?Glad to hear it.? Jack said as he began to bend down to retrieve his combadge from the carpet, but before he even got half way he was stopped.

?Please sir, allow me?? the Ensign said bending down and picking up the badge before handing it back to Jack.

?Thanks Ensign?? Now it was Jacks turn to smile as he said his goodbyes and side stepped around the man and returned to his brisk walk.

Logan watched as Jack walked round another corner then allowed a smile to creep across his face, the switch had worked better than he planned, as he turned and walked down the corridor he retrieved Jacks original badge from his sleeve, the one he had just switched for a bugged replica.

He approached a small drinks replicator after a few metres and without breaking stride threw the combadge on to the pad and pressed the recycle button. He continued, not looking back at the sound of the replicator complying with the request and destroying the doubled badge, the smile still on his face as he arrived at the turbolift?

OFF

Also starring

'Logan' (NPC)
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Akios
Crewmember

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:34 am

<USS Malinche, MD03-0945>

Ens. Akios crouched next to an open panel in a corridor on deck seven. One slender arm was thrust deep in among the circuit panels. A human would most likely have had to disassemble several layers of circuitry to get at the holographic control module that had failed its diagnostic that morning. Working blind, he carefully pulled out the module and slipped its replacement in place. The aurelian slowly worked his arm free of the panel circuitry, and dropped the non-operational module in his toolkit.

"Computer, activate holographic control module IP7-28434 in diagnostic test mode."

In the corridor a short distance from Akios, a humanoid figure appeared, wearing a sandwich board reading, "Holographic test dummy."

When the hologram appeared, Akios pulled out a tricorder and began scanning the panel. The replacement module was working correctly, so he put the tricorder away and replaced the panel faceplate.

While Akios's back was turned, Lt. C'eltor came hurrying around the corner, looking at a PADD, and nearly ran into the hologram.

"Oh, excuse..." she started before realizing what she was looking at. Seeing Akios next to the control panel, she stepped around the hologram and walked to him. "Ensign, if you're done you might want to put that away.

Akios looked up. "Sorry about that, Lieutenant; I was just finishing up. Computer, end holographic test and return control module to normal operational mode. Is there anything I can do for you, sir?"

"I have a new assignment for you," she said, handing him a PADD. "Let me know if you have any questions." She waited a minute while Akios looked at the PADD. "We need that done as soon as possible. I have a few other assignments to give out, so I'll see you later."

When C'eltor had left, Akios read the PADD again.

Inspect the nacelle ejections systems? Now?

The job itself would require crawling through the nacelle pylons to make a visual inspection to verify the computer's diagnostic results. With Malinche having six nacelles, that was practically a punishment duty. On top of which, the inspection usually wasn't done while the ship was underway.

He wondered if he'd done something to get on Peters's bad side.

Well, he needed to get started. The job would take at least a couple of hours, if it went smoothly. The alpha section nacelles were retracted and would be easy to get to, so he'd save them for last. He started the computer diagnostic, and went to change into a utility uniform. He had several long crawls through seldom-used Jeffries tubes ahead of him.

Or maybe not...

Once he had changed into a yellow jumpsuit, he went to one of the industrial replicators in Engineering, and from there accessed his personal files. Back when he'd been assigned to the Antares, one of his first assignments had been to service the nacelle control rooms. That had involved an even longer Jeffries tube crawl than what now faced him. Afterwards, he'd designed something to help if he was ever in the situation again--a motorized crawler with knobby wheels that matched the grid of the deck plating inside the Jeffries tubes.

The pylons on a Prometheus class were at an angle that required shallow steps every few feet. That would require some modifications to the crawler, but Akios soon had them programmed in, and the replicator hummed to life. Akios took the replicated crawler and headed for the nacelle pylon Jeffries tubes.
Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:48 am

ON:

[USS Malinche, 1140 Hours, Day 3]

It was with a sound relief that at least some of the escape pods had been found. So far each ship within the area had continued to run their scans every hour on the hour. The new ship?s counselor had arrived and Mason was looking forward to meeting her not only as a matter of protocol but he too had things recently on his mind that troubled him.

As he sat there in the center chair, unusual sounds of crying and sadness entered his mind. They were easy to control but Mason had the feeling as if each was drawing him to something or somewhere. The yeoman on duty brought him a padd with the engineering repair list schedule. The list was rather short but it did distract him.

Hunt looked at the viewer as the escape pod debris was being transported onto the ship. There was something about the metal on one of them something that made him jerk in the center seat. The yeoman quickly moved over to him placing one hand on his shoulder.

?Are you alright sir?? asked the yeoman.

?Ummm, yes I think so yes Im fine. Just some left over coffee that didn?t agree with me. Carry on.? He said trying to smile with the now headache he had.

OFF
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:40 pm

ON:

[USS Malinche, Main Bridge, 1142 Hours Day 3]

After his ordeal on the bridge Mason was finally able to get himself together. The debris was now aboard and being analyzed. He sat there wondering if he should seek out the ship?s counselor on his recent visions.

At first he thought perhaps these visions were telepathic somehow but he quickly went to the conclusion that he had not slept well these past few nights and it was now catching up to him having seen the profiles of the Sirion crew those images could have somehow intertwined with his lack of sleep and created these visions.

There was only one way to know for sure, so he left the bridge and got into the lift headed for sickbay. He really didn?t want to add to the doctor?s and Counselor?s current work they had before them but if he was going to be effective on the bridge he needed help in not letting these visions control him nor his duties.

Slowly the lift began to arrive at his destination, the doors whisked open showing an empty corridor with a few science officer talking amongst themselves with padd?s. At first when he stepped out the corridor seemed to have been spinning but he closed his eyes rubbing them quickly now see that it indeed was not.

Mason made it to the main doors to sickbay, from what he could see it was going to be a mad house with nurses and doctors hovering over the survivors left and right. He stepped in nearly getting hit by one female nurse.

?Excuse me where may I find Counselor Zeral please?? he asked looking about the room.

The nurse pointed over to section of the room where she was standing. Mason walked up to the side of her.

?Excuse me I am Mason Hunt first officer. I was wondering if you had a few mins after you are done here?? he asked.

OFF

<Tag Zeral>
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Zeral
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:39 pm

<<USS Malinche - Zeral?s Quarters ? 1140, Day 3 >>

Nora found her quarters more than satisfactory. They were far larger than any she?d been given before and she was already anticipating how she?d dress up the space. There was a part of her that wanted to stay longer in her quarters, take it easy and try to relax before jumping into her new assignment. But she knew she?d be happier once she got to work, and was secretly hoping that her particular abilities as a counselor would be put to work with the survivors.

She moved through the ship with ease, smiling at the few crewmembers she passed in the corridors. Stopping by the Counseling Center first, she took only a few brief moments to introduce herself to some of the Counselors already there and to explore her office a bit. Following the computer?s directions, Nora arrived in Sickbay sooner than she had anticipated. Chaos was waiting for her. The Betazoid was immediately struck with the tense emotions that were practically hanging on the air, perfectly tangible and unusually potent. Dr. Lovestreet was nowhere to be seen, and she moved unheeded through the rushing nurses and doctors.

Aware of a man approaching her, Nora was a bit surprised when he addressed her directly. Smiling in surprise at the striking first officer, she introduced herself. ?I?m Counselor Nora Zeral, Sir, but I suppose you knew that already. It?s a pleasure to meet you, Commander Hunt.?

She seemed to sense some anxiety emanating from the Commander. Perhaps it was due to the frenzied activity around them, but Nora couldn?t be sure. ?It doesn?t seem that they need me here right away, so I?d be happy to meet with you now. Would my office work??

OFF

<Tag Hunt>
Commander Nora Zeral
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:57 pm

ON:

[USS Malinche, Sickbay, 1142 Hours, Day 3]

?Yes that would work. I am sorry to be troubling you especially since you just arrived however these images and sounds maybe important to the success of this mission. Also I have not had anything to eat perhaps we could grab a bite along the way.? He said smiling but fighting the images starting to once again resurface in his mind.

He had never talked to a counselor about anything before and it did make him feel a bit uncomfortable but he took in a deep breath and remembered that the Captain did order for the crew to report anything out of the ordinary in any given mission.

?So is this your first time on board a Prometheus class ship before?? he asked trying to start some small talk to ease his mind and his being uncomfortable.

It was a common question always asked to new personnel but to him it did break the ice. She appeared to him to be very pleasant and striking herself. Which made the trip down more unnerving .

OFF

<Tag Zeral>
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:14 am

USS Malinche. Chief of the Boats Office. Day 3. 11:00

Marco laughed almost silently through his nose as he leaned back in the far too comfortable chair, he stuck a tongue in his cheek in amusement as he recounted the last words Sarah had put at the bottom of her later.

?And just remember mister chief, you?re a pilot first and foremost; ships resident arsehole second?

It was a comment that took him back all those years to his first meeting with Alan Bright, whom Marco had just reminded himself he?d have to call soon. He had stood there on Endeavour, 9 years after he had first stepped aboard, in front of Alan?s desk in the ready room ? Marco was one of only two crewmember who had been on the manifest since launch, and Alan Bright had been CO for all of that time ? they didn?t know eachother well but recognising the same face for 9 years drew some kind of a bond.

?Remember, you?re a damn fine pilot Marco, and that?s your first job ? to fly. You can go around playing bureaucratic ships toss pot after that.?

This was of course at the time when Alan was under the very, VERY, misguided assumption that Marco was yet another bureaucratic CPO looking to score a quick Senior CPO rise up after a COB tour. No, Marco didn?t play brownie points and Alan had very quickly come to respect that and the two had developed a firm friendship. He wondered, and doubted, of the same potential with Kersare. She was younger, of course, far less experienced and she seemed extremely arrogant. He had been brought up being taught that women did NOT belong on Starship bridges, and he was rapidly cementing his belief that Kersare was testament to that. After all, she?d tried playing stupid mother hen with him and Hawkins, just like locking them in a play pen to get along. ?Stupid woman? he muttered, closing Sarah?s letter and re-opening the files he was going through before.

?Pilot first?? he mumbled, reading the headings on the files as he went down the list. The files contained flight plans, flight modifications, manoeuvres, proposals? everything basically that a succession of incompetent CFCO?s had started but never finished.

One heading caught his eye more than the others, the tag had the author down as Quaid?s predecessor; the infamous Jaran. It was titled;

?222648 . ID A997. T9 Mod compatibility. Protected soft asset deployment?

?Soft asset?? Marco repeated, opening the file. ?Maybe he was?? Marco said to himself, recalling Kersare?s earlier informing him that Jaran had a troop background ? ?soft asset? was the term used for combat personnel in combat. Hard assets were things like AFV?s or APC?s, or even shuttles. It would be unusual for a Fleetie to use a marine term, partly because most Fleetie and Marine terms never crossed into the vocabulary of the other.
The file opened and a diagram of a Type 9 shuttle was at the top of the page, the image rotated every few seconds to give a view of every side of the shuttle ? each time it stopped the shield generators and some other connecting systems became highlighted and labelled. Marco frowned in concentration as he looked at the techno-jargon.

It seemed at the moment to be just chicken scratches of ideas that Jaran had thrown together, and Marco couldn?t make heads or tails of it. ?Hrm??

??alpha node on connection to the fifth bi-axis delta node starboard side and secondarily relayed to third and first connection to beta node?? Marcos eyes nearly crossed as he read through the text. All he knew, and only from the file heading, was that it was something to do with protecting soft assets when deploying from a shuttle ? and the only time they would need protecting on deployment was if the shuttle had landed.

Marco shook his head in frustration and hailed the bridge comms. station.

?Tamlin.?

?This is Chief Tupalov, I need a channel to U.S.S Perseus, addressee Flight Deck Command Chief?

?Two minutes Chief, they?re fairly close, it shouldn?t be a problem.?

Marco tried to read through the file a little more but just became more and more confused, he was most certainly not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination. He prepared the file for transfer and the status bar reached 100% just as Tamlin came back on.

?Channel open Chiefs?

Marco cancelled Tamlin out of it and opened his mouth to speak first; before he could speak another Russian accented voice boomed into the office.

?I HAVE A BLOODY ENSIGN OUT OF CONTROL WITH THE CRASHING SHUTTLES! TWO REPAIR CREWS THAT NEVER MADE IT ABOARD! AND THE WIMMIN ARE DISGUSTING! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT????

Marco smiled. ?Same as always my brother hrm?? he replied.

Botrev could only grin at his brothers comment. ?Da?? he answered soberly. ?So what do you want? It?s only been what oh?4 months since you last called??

Marco shrugged as he stared at his brothers face, with less wrinkles than his own, ?been busy. You know how it is.?

Botrev looked back into his younger brothers image, he wasn?t looking well. ?Da.? He answered simply. ?So really, I?ve got an idiot for a boss. I don?t have much time, what can I do for you? You didn?t call after 4 months for chinwag.?

Marco appreciated his brother forgoing the uncomfortable pretending to give a damn about the other ? they?d usually speak often but were more casual mates than brothers. ?I?m sending something to you, can you make heads or tails of it?? he pressed send.

?What is it?? Botrev asked, pressing the accept button on the file transfer.

?Some kind of shield modifications to a Type 9 for deploying personnel.? Marco replied with a shrug, his brother had spent the best part of 18 years in Engineering before going down the command path like Marco himself had. Although for Botrev, his love of tinkering and meticulous tediousness was too much to let go of and he hadn?t gone for COB ? instead he?d gone for the far more involved job of Flight Deck Command Chief. And Marco suspected that Perseus would probably be his last assignment, the only thing with a bigger set of bays would be the Excalibur Class, or Normandy Carriers ? neither of which were in abundance and neither of which, Marco suspected, Botrev would enjoy being on.

Botrev nodded and opened the small file, quickly reading through the tech specs underneath the diagram. ?Ah?? Botrev grinned. ?You know about every Chief Flight Ops has worked on this thing at some point or another??

Marco looked confused. ?How do you mean??

?It?s simple really? Botrev answered. ?Run LCARS reader program Flight 6.?

Marco obeyed and ran the program ? the text highlighted itself and several smaller displays popped up around the screen ? every piece named in the text now had a diagram showing Marco what it was. ?Oh?? he said, looking at the now much smaller image of his brother on the screen.

?You see??

?No.? Marco answered flatly, still boggled by the intricacies of the information.

Botrev laughed heavily, his brother had always been one for the trigger and stick, never for how either actually worked. ?Basically, the author of this, wanted to disable every shield segment on a landed Type 9 except for the dorsal shields ? giving a sort of umbrella style protection from aerial fire.?

Marco?s face screwed up cynically. ?That?s it? That seems simply enough.?

Botrev shook his head. ?On a Starship yes, there are individual generators and the dispersal ratio is incredibly high ? on a shuttle you have one main generator and the dispersal ratio is low ? that?s why shuttles shields don?t hold out long, they can? distribute the energy into other generators or across a large shield surface area.?

?So??? Marco said, unsure why this meant it couldn?t be done on a shuttle.

?So this guy wanted to do the impossible ? you can?t shut down part of the shields on a shuttle, the power systems just don?t allow for it ? though he does suggest an interesting way of doing it.?

?Which is?? asked a slightly less confused Marco.

?Rig up the generator to emit a narrow-beam shield, it would be a line of energy similar to a phaser beam, and then use the nacelles fields to pull the beam into a flat surface over the top.?

?So do that??? Marco suggested innocently.

?Da we could, I suppose, but it?s problematic to say least. Too little pull and you?d end up with a funnel ? anything hits that and the effect would be that the explosion would be funnelled down into one point and you?d lose the shuttle and anything within a good radius of it, included the troops you?d just dropped off.? Botrev noted a confused look spreading across his brothers face again.

Marco opened his mouth but Botrev beat him to it.

?Instead of a torp or a phaser beam hitting a flat surface, say a shuttles dorsal, and the blast being pushed out in a 360 burst, the funnel would contain all the blast except in two directions ? the end opening of the funnel which would be wide, and the start point which would be tiny ? i.e. a higher pressure of explosion travelling through it ? it would rip through any shuttle and into the ground at a force equal to its original plus whatever of the blast force had been contained in the other directions minus what escaped through the low pressure wide opening.?

Marco nodded, sort of understanding. ?Anything else??

?Da.? Botrev continued. ?Too much pull and you?d drag the shield sheet into the hull, I don?t need to explain why that?s a bad thing.? He smiled grimly. ?Then there?s also the question of energy ? there?d be the normal amount of energy in the entire shield bubble contained in one sheet ??

Marco cut him off; ?Sure that?s good no? The strength of the whole bubble in just one sheet??

Botrev nodded, his brother was right to a point ?Da, but consider the strain on the generator ? containing that power in a smaller area ? also if it took a direct hit then the distribution area is next to nothing, it would blow the generator ? I mean not just overload it, it would go up like a core breach.?

Marco nodded in understanding, for once, ?Could we not just distribute the excess power somehow??

Botrev finished the last bit of the text and sighed. ?Well that?s where this guy finished, he didn?t get to figure it out.? He clicked his tongue, thinking. ?Any chance you can get hold of him??

Marco shook his head, ?No he?s dead now? he replied. ?Tell what; I?ll take this to our Engineers ? you see if you can do something with it to, da??

?Da? Botrev answered. ?Speak soon brother.? He said, closing the channel after Marco nodded in answer and his hand moved forward for his own ?close channel? button.

Marco closed the channel and stood up, stretch his arms and downloaded the file to a PADD. He didn?t know what to do with the information, if he should wait for Botrev to get back to him or not?

OFF

PNPC Chief Botrev Tupalov, Flight Deck Command Chief, U.S.S Perseus.
Warrant Officer First Class Marco Tupalov
Chief Flight Control Officer
U.S.S Malinche