Lost And Found (JM with USS Sentinel/Peacekeeper)

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:37 pm

< USS Sentinel ? Various Corridors ? 1030 ? Mission Day 3 >

Lieutenant Blake Daggerd had been moving non stop for what seemed like days. Ever since the conference between members of the Malinche and Sentinel crew?s the Efrosian had been running from project to project like a madman as he attempted to coordinate the upgrades and augmentations to the offensive and defensive systems of the USS Sentinel. At the moment he had nearly every member of his department working around the clock to ensure the phaser modulations were working at their absolute peak as well as the auto-modulation upgrades to the shields were going to be operational in time.

Over the course of the past 24 hours Daggerd had only allotted himself two hours of sleep and despite practically chugging ractacinios this lack of rest was catching up to him. Aside from the fairly standard symptoms of fatigue, Daggerd?s new worst enemy had raised its ugly head. This new enemy was a recurring migraine that would rear its ugly head whenever h began to overwork himself and get stressed. The headache was a souvenir form when he was jumped on Sigma Iotia station and he had yet to shake it to spite the best efforts of himself and the personnel in sickbay.

For the past half-hour Daggerd had been attempting to ignore the head-ache which had not become to painful yet, but as he walked down the corridor he was forced to stop and rub his temples. Passing crew asked if he was alright and he assured them it was nothing. The problem was it was something, something that was straining his ability to concentrate. With this realization Daggerd reluctantly returned to his quarters administered a pain-killer and lay down on his bed in an attempt to clear his mind, relieve some stress, and fight back his headache.

OFF:
This is a post by a member of Starbase 386's Crew
http://starbase386.antoniemey.com/

Rodgers
Senior Staff

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:30 am

<USS Malinche ? Armoury and aux bridge ? 1900 mission day 2>

Caz paced the main armoury looking at the assembled 12 men and women of her department who had heard about the tactical drill, some of them in uniform, others in workout gear. Caz herself was dressed in a form fitting black jumpsuit, the kind usually favoured by Starfleet special operations teams. Strapped to her thighs were her fighting sticks and on her left hip was a type two phaser that had been reconfigured for light emit only. Of course Caz had been very vague about what would be happening during the drill, a move which had been very deliberate. Just as deliberate had been her decision to shut down turbo shaft three between decks 12 and 8 during the drill and having the gravity cut in the auxiliary bridge on deck 10, along with personally installing over 20 portable holo emitters into the aux bridge. She intended to make this drill something for her staff to remember, she also decided to invite the Malinche's Chief helmsman along to the drill. After reviewing his record she had seen that his background was that of a tactical whiz, the type of person she wanted in her corner. She moved into the middle of the Armoury and came to a stand still in front of her team.

?Okay people, lets get the introduction out of the way. I am..? Before Caz could continue she saw the armoury doors part allowing entry for a rugged looking guy aged about 30. She knew it was Quaid and she also knew she was instantly attracted to him, waving him into the room she continued. ?I am Caroline Rodgers, your new chief of department. In a short amount of time we will be?? Once again she was interrupted by the blare of the red alert siren; exactly as she had planned. The siren had been programmed to only sound in areas that her drill team was in to stop and unnecessary disturbance to the rest of the ships crew. Dashing over to one of the armouries displays she pulled up a status report. ?We have an intruder alert in the Aux bridge, 15 individuals! We move people, take weapons from rack 3 only, the rest are undergoing recalibration! Move!? Grabbing a rifle from the rack she ran over and handed it to Quaid. ?Caz Rodgers, ready for some fun??

"Jake Quaid," he replied with a nod and a smile, gratefully taking the rifle before looking his new colleague over. "I sure am, ladies first," he grinned before following her out of the door. 'Hmm,' he thought, 'nice ass.'

?Ladies first? When I see one I?ll point her in your direction.? Caz replied with a grin of her own before they both left the armoury.

As they ran along the corridor, Jake checked his rifle over & found that all was in order. "Sorry I was a tad late by the way," he told Rodgers as they headed toward the turbolift, "I've been run ragged with the modifications and piloting simulations."

?I?ll let you get away with it this time, next time though it?s going to cost you.? Caz replied with a wink. As the team reached the turbolift one of the junior officers charged over to Caz and Jake.

?Ma?am, the turbolifts out. Whoever has boarded I?m guessing has cut lift access.? He exclaimed his voice trembling with the extra adrenaline that was coursing through his system.

Moving to the lift doors Caz opened up the manual override panel and opened the shaft doors. ?Okay people we climb, and I want two people standing by the door.? She then turned to look at Jake ?Gentlemen first.?

"Yeah, that's right... send me in first so you can use me as a human shield," Jake grinned before he started to climb the maintenance ladder.

?That and from where I?m standing the views not to bad.? Caroline was being brash and laying her cards right out on the table, she was never one to beat around the bush.

Quaid reached the turbolift doors and proceeded to manually open them before stepping onto the deck with his rifle raised, covering the others as they joined him.

From this point on Caz would only use hand signals and eye contact to express her wishes. Signalling the main doors Caroline picked four people to lead the charge. As her selected officers forced open the doors to the Aux bridge one of them broke the new found silence.

?Oh shit! Borg. Lower your weapons they won?t?.? Before he could finish what he was saying a cybernetic hand reached out and pulled in the young man.

"So much for the silent but deadly approach," Quaid said, to Caz as he took quickly but cautiously approached the entrance to the Aux. Bridge.

?Quite.? Caz replied. ?Okay people two by two, defensive posture, keep your weapons fire to a minimum and make every shot count! Quaid?s with me.? Reaching the entrance to the Aux bridge she was suitably impressed by her efforts although she did have to stifle a laugh as she saw some of her officers floundering in the zero G environment.

The room was already half assimilated. If the Borg managed to gain control of this Bridge, Jake knew it wouldn't take them long to gain control of the whole ship. Tapping his combadge, he growled =/\= "Quaid to Engineering, cut power to the Auxiliary Bridge on Deck 12, we have intruders trying to take control of the ship." =/\=

There was no reply to Quaids request; obviously for all intents and purposes the drones had seized control of communications.

Caz stepped across the threshold onto the Aux bridge and allowed the lack of gravity to encompass herself. Almost pivoting on the spot in mid air she squeezed off a shot from her rifle, instantly striking down one of the borg. Herself ignoring several yells about peoples weapons not firing, it was all part of the exercise, and she was engrossed, so much so she didn?t even notice the drone that was gliding up to her.

Quaid growled as he watched several members of the security team fumbling with their malfunctioning rifles,he took aim and quickly fired several shots before it also became useless and it was at that moment when he noticed the Borg Drone floating towards Rodgers who was completely unaware of it. Bracing himself against the nearby bulkhead, he kicked off it with all the force his legs could muster. As he shot towards Caz and the Borg he grabbed the barrel of the phaser rifle and used it to club the Borg drone several times before breaking its neck with a final blow to the throat.

Caz didn?t notice Quaid dealing with the Borg drone behind her, but she did realise somebody was encroaching on her personal space. With out second thought she let go of her rifle and had drawn her fighting sticks, spinning on the spot to bring one down on whoever was to close to her, noticing just in time that it was Quaid. ?Jesus Quaid, maybe next time say hello.?

"I was busy," Jake replied as he discarded the Borg corpse and the broken rifle. "You've thrown in a few twists here.... write the program yourself?" Before she could answer, Jake once again used a bulkhead to propell himself across the room to sneak up on a drone which had a jittery looking Ensign pinned by the viewscreen. The Borg saw him coming through the reflection in the deactivated viewscreen. It spun around and grabbed Quaid before slamming him against the viewscreen, smashing it. Quaid struggled to breathe, struggled to move, struggled to keep conscious as the Borg moved to assimilate him.

Without second thought Caz spun on the spot and launched one of her sticks directly at the borg drone who had Quaid in it?s mechanical vice like grip. As the perfectly weighted fighting weapon spun through the air it soon found it?s target embedding itself in the drones skull. With that move made Caz decided she had seen enough.

?Computer end program Rodgers Alpha Pi and restore aux bridge to it?s pre simulation state.? Caz barked. Within seconds the gravity had been restored depositing the majority of the security team on their asses, the Borg vanished and the bidge itself didn?t have a single scratch on it, the joys of holo emitters. Caroline had braced for the restoration of gravity as had Quaid. Walking to the middle of the aux bridge she looked the security team up and down. ?Well lets see, never in my entire career have seen a display like that one.? Caz let the words rest for a while. ?It sucked! Team work? Were the hell was it because I didn?t see any in here! Only five people bothered to do weapons checks, why? You know what, I don?t care. In a very short amount of time we may potentially be coming face to face with the most destructive force Starfleet has ever known and right now, you lot aren?t even ready to attend a cake walk! Get outta here, there will be some more drills coming up and you?d better shape up. Dismissed!? As the security personel left Caz turned to look at Quaid. ?Dinner, my quarters, tomorrow night 1900. Try not to be late this time.?

OFF:

Joint post brought to you by

Ferengi snacky smores, half the size at four times the price

Lt Jacob Quaid
Chief Flight Control Officer

and
Lieutenant JG Caroline 'Caz' Rodgers
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche

-------------------------------------------------------
"You were expecting the easter bunny?"

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:23 pm

OFF: Backpost convo w/ one of the survivors

ON:
<<USS Malinche, Sickbay, 1051, Day 3>>

Isabel walked into Sickbay, hanging back a moment to stay out of the way. Nurses were bustling about and Cameron was nowhere to be found. She watched as Caroline headed over to one of the survivors and started talking to him. Suddenly the doors to Sickbay opened behind her and Isabel moved over to make room for the person entering.

Jack was still moving a quite a rate when he came through the doors to sickbay and needed to stop abruptly so as not to clatter into the back of the captain who had arrived shortly before him. He stepped round to stand next to her, ?Captain,? he said as way of a greeting, ?What do we know??

"I just arrived, so I don't know much right now. Lieutenant Rodgers is speaking with one of the survivors now, and I was trying to stay out of the way. We could try talking to the other survivor though," Isabel said, gesturing towards the far biobed.

He matched the gesture, ?Lead on?? They both began walking around the nurses who were all frantically at work, Jack was surprised to see an EMH conducting the work rather than Cameron, he made a mental note of this peculiarity as they arrived at the biobed.

Isabel looked down at the young man on the biobed; he was wearing a Services yellow uniform, with a full and a half pip. From what she could tell, he'd suffered various burns and scrapes. He opened his eyes and looked at the two officers standing over him. She gave him a brief smile, "Hello Lieutenant. I'm Captain Isabel Kersare; you're safe now - you're on the USS Malinche."

Trying his best to not show the pain he replied, "Lieutenant JG Steve Tridel, ma'am." Swallowing hard, Steve asked, "The others?"

"One of the others made it, the other didn't. We also have the Sirion away team from Direidi on the ship - they should be showing up any minute now, Lieutenant," Isabel replied.

?I?m Jack Hawkins, I understand you?ve been through one hell of an ordeal but we really need to know everything you do, do you feel up to answering a few questions?? Jack knew now was not the time to be forceful, any information this Lieutenant had could be vital to finding the mission Sirion.

Steve nodded, trying to put the thought of Rachel out of his mind. "Go ahead, sir. I'll tell you whatever I can remember."

?How come you were in escape pods? What was the last thing you remember happening on the ship?? Jack hadn?t really had time to plan out questions as he normally would, so was just having to think on his feet.

"Mayhem... Red alert was issued. Borg were taking over the ship, so the Acting Commanding Officer ordered that we abandon ship," Steve replied.

Isabel did her best to keep her feelings in check. A cold sense of dread filled her as the officer confirmed that the Sirion was indeed attacked by the Borg. Unless the Borg had abandoned the ship - which was unlikely, or the Sirion crew had overtaken the Borg - also unlikely considering the abandon ship order, the Malinche and Sentinel would have to deal with them.

Jack noticed Kersare visible straighten slightly upon hearing the response, it would have confirmed her worst fears. ?Were you a bridge officer Steve??

Steve nodded, "Yes, sir, but I wasn't on duty when they attacked."

Jack wanted to know about the ship that had attacked the Sirion but needed someone on the bridge at the time, however he then realized something, ?Lets fast forward to the escape pod briefly, did the onboard sensors show if any other pods were launched or what sort of ship had attacked you??

Pausing to remember, Steve closed his eyes briefly, trying to recall what information he'd gotten. "Yes, other escape pods were launched, though I don't remember how many... The ship that attacked us was nearly out of range of the escape pods sensors, but from the scans I'd say it was a Borg Sphere."

Jack turned to face Isabel and spoke quietly, he wasn?t sure why, ?So no way of knowing for sure if that was the same one you encountered and the one that faced the Dorado and the Dawes??

Isabel nodded, "I think we have to consider the worst case scenario...that there were at least two Spheres and the other one is still around, potentially with the Sirion."

He turned back to face Steve, "Can you maybe give us a quick overview of the last few days, since the Sirion arrived at Direidi?"

"Well, we arrived there, and the away team went to Direidi. A few hours later, we lost contact with them and were attacked by a Sphere, and it started dragging us towards some nebula... Our shields couldn't withstand the attack and they boarded us. The Acting CO gave the abandon ship order, but at least some of the crew had already been assimilated... Since then we've just been floating around in the escape pods," Steve replied, frowning. He kept seeing flashes from during the attack, as much as he wanted to forget.

Jack decided he didn?t want to push the issue, now was hardly the time for a full debrief, the man in front of him needed medical attention and some time to process what he had just been through, he made another mental note to arrange a follow up interview before gesturing and handing the job of talking over to the Captain.

Isabel nodded at Jack, meeting his eyes with hers for a moment before turning to Steve, "Thank you for the information, Lieutenant. If you think of anything important, please let myself or Mr. Hawkins know." Giving him a smile, she noticed the Sirion away team entering Sickbay, "And here's Captain Lansky and the others, I'm sure they'll want to see you. If you need anything, let me know."

"Thank you, ma'am," Steve gave her the best smile he could muster, than nodded to both officers.

OFF: JP brought to you by:

Lieutenant JG Jack Hawkins
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant JG Steve Tridel
Assistant Chief Operations Officer
USS Sirion
(played by Captain Kersare)

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:48 pm

ON. Chief Of the Boats Office. 12:30. Day 3.

Marco sat tapping his fingers on the small desk, waiting for Alan to answer at the other end back on Earth.

It had been well over an hour since he'd spoken to Botrev, and he still hadnt figured out what to do with Jarans data - he knew that the Malinche wouldn't be able to spare the resources for research at the current time, unless perhaps there was a proven Tactical advantage - or flight advantage.

Perhaps if he could get Quaid and Rodgers to sign off their support for it, it would at least make something half convincing with a bit of weight to take to Kersare.

As he was lost in thought, the black screen suddenly changed to show Alan taking a seat behind his desk - behind him was a single sheet glass window giving view to an eternal patchwork of different greens, draped across like soft velvet was a shimmering network of streams that seemed to wink knowingly in the sun.

"You damn fool" Marco started with a grin as he took in the weathered look of his old friend.

"Who me?" the British accented former Captain replied, smiling back warmly.

"Da. You're with view like that! Your back does not have eyes you know!"

Alan grinned broadly and spoke mock-patronisingly. "I went for a walk with Siobhan out there this morning, we went swimming and made love in the breezy grass..." with a false frown of confusion he continued "how are the bulkheads? And I'm a damn fool?"

The pair held a serious eye-locked stare for a few moments before breaking into loud hearty laughter. "A fair point old friend" Marco returned.

Alan sighed, knowing his friend wasn't calling him for chat given the current situation on Malinche. "So what's on your mind?"

Marco knew Alan could read him like a book. "I'm retiring." Marco said flatly. "Not such damn fool afterall" he offered a weak smile.

Alan didn't look surprised. "I thought it would come soon enough, you know."

"Da...well, I'll finish this mission. But this is the last one...I'm old Alan. I'm too damn old." He was aware of his aching knees and back as he said the words, privately pressing home the point. "I can't do this anymore, I'm an old man."

Alan now, offered his own weak smile. "You're even older than me...and that's saying something. I have a feeling this mission will only cement your decision Marco, the Borg? Hardly a quiet mission. At least you get to go on a high I suppose."

"Da..." Marco replied, pressing the send button having readied Jarans data before the transmission. "See this will you? Something I'm working on in the mean time."

"What is it?" Alan asked, Marco saw his hands move just in front of the screen.

"Shield modifications for Type 9 shuttle, bringing a dorsal blanket over for surface deployments."

Alan nodded, his eyes showed he was reading the data. "Ah....interesting...and now you're stuck on how to control the sheet and the power, hrm?"

"Da, that's it, exactly."

"Well" Alan started, "it's a big problem, and I'm guessing you're needing my access to the R+D database to get some help?"

Marco grinned, "Well, you know..."

"I'll see what I can do" Alan replied.

Marco nodded. "Speak to you later Alan"

Alan nodded and closed the channel, Marco got up and made for Lieutenant Rodgers...

OFF
Warrant Officer First Class Marco Tupalov
Chief Flight Control Officer
U.S.S Malinche

Starbase 386 Crew

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:08 pm

<<USS Sentinel, Bridge, 1304, Day 3>>

Thus far Sinti's (NPC) bridge shift had been unremarkable. The night shift had found three more escape pods, but considering the few survivors they had thus far, it seemed the escape pods didn't leave the ship with full capacity. Much like a ship from Earth's past, as she recalled.

She was running continuous scans, trying to find the Sirion's trail. The information she'd received from the Malinche and the other two ships had been somewhat useful, but only to an extent. After one of the survivors on the Malinche had mentioned the nebula just outside the system, both ships had started making their way there.

The difficulty was that though they were supposedly heading in the proper direction, they had no idea what trajectory the Sirion took into the nebula. One of the blessings and curses of space travel - any maneuver could be done in three dimensions, but finding a trail was more complex. It certainly wasn't like following someone's trail on a planet. While particles could, in theory, drift in another direction thus increasing the size of the trail, some were too dense to do so and most left weaker traces if dispersed.

To help compensate for the added difficulty, Sinti had modified the standard automatic scan. Short range sensors were running continuously, with the long range sensors running once every ten seconds. They were aimed mainly in the area above, below, beside and in front of the ship, with scans running behind the ship every thirty seconds.

Even with her modifications in place, there was no guarantee that the scans would find the Sirion, especially if it was in the nebula. Most nebulas contained Dark Matter, which would most likely interfere with the sensors.

Sinti remained calm. The others are on the bridge were tense, on edge. As an El-Aurian she'd witnessed many things and knew that being tense wouldn't find the Sirion any sooner. By staying relaxed, her mind was more open to new thoughts on how to proceed best.

Her console beeped, interrupting her thoughts. Sinti tapped at the console with her slender fingers, bringing up the latest results. Quickly she released the automatic scan and began concentrating long range sensors on the area indicated by the results.

Looking up from the console, she announced, "Sir, I think I've found the Sirion!"

OFF: Tag Lange, Kersare, etc

Ensign Sinti Farnil (NPC)
Astrometrics/Stellar Cartography Specialist
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

played by:

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Captain's Yeoman, Chief of the Boat, Acting CEO
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Rodgers
Senior Staff

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:56 pm

ON:
<<USS Malinche, Sickbay, 1051, Day 3>>

Caroline made her way over to one of the two survivors from the escape pods, she was young, couldn’t have been long out of the academy, her eyes sunken and haunted. She currently lay on a bio bed staring up at the ceiling her eyes unblinking, almost as if she feared they would never open again. “They assimilated them all, they just didn’t care. They teach you about the Borg at the academy and you think you’re ready, but you aren’t. We shouldn’t even be out here.” The young woman muttered, her voice low and thready. “They kept on screaming, so much screaming, the implants bursting through skin. They touch you and you’re as good as gone.”

Caroline listened to the young woman’s words, it was rare that she herself was lost for them but this was one of those rare occasions but she needed to say something. “You’re out of there now, you’re safe now. No Borg here, ain’t nobody here but us chickens.” Caz stated with a smile.

“It doesn’t matter they’ll come, they always come.” The young officer looked in Carolines eyes. “When the say resistance is futile they weren’t kidding it really is, they are the future, we need to accept that.” The woman turned her head back to the ceiling. “We need to accept that.” She kept on muttering the same phrase over and over as Caz backed away from the bio bed and made her way out of sickbay.

As the sickbay doors closed behind her she couldn’t help but ask herself “What the hell are we doing sending kids out here?”

OFF:
USS Malinche

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 pm

ON: <USS Sentinel, Bridge, 1310, Day 3>

"Sir, I think I've found the Sirion!"

Lange jerked to alertness from the semi-attentive daze he'd been in for the past couple of hours. "Bearing and distance?"

"Bearing 247 mark 129, Captain," Sinti (NPC) replied.

"Good work, Ensign. Yellow Alert. Get Captain Kersare on the screen." Lange quickly straightened his uniform as he fired off orders.

<USS Malinche, Bridge>

"Ma'am, the Sentinel is hailing us."

Isabel looked up, straightening her uniform as she stood. "On screen."

She saw Captain Lange on the bridge of the Sentinel, "Good afternoon, Captain Lange."

"Captain Kersare," Lange replied. "We believe we've found the Sirion. Concentrate your sensors on Bearing 247 Mark 129."

Isabel turned to Sovak(NPC), "Lieutenant, if you would." Pausing a moment to watch Sovak input the coordinates, she then turned back to James, "Shall we?"

Lange nodded. "We're changing course to investigate now. Would you mind covering our backsides?"

"Absolutely. We'll watch for the Borg on long range scanners; let us know the condition of the Sirion when you have the information," she replied. "We'll be going to MVAM, Captain, so give us five minutes to get into position, then start in."

Lange nodded. "Talk to you in five minutes, Sentinel Out."

"Condition Blue." Isabel paused a moment while the lights on the bridge flashed blue, then tapped her commbadge, "Attention all hands, the Sirion has been located and we'll be covering the Sentinel as she goes in closer. We will be going to MVAM in five minutes; be at your MVAM post before the separation begins. I will be in charge of Section Alpha and Ensign Sychorski (NPC), Ensign Morris (NPC), and Lieutenant Sovak will be joining me. Commander Hunt will be in charge of Section Beta with Chief Tupalov, Lieutenant Rodgers, and Lieutenant Summers (NPC). Lieutenant Quaid will be in charge of Section Gamma with Ensign Stone (NPC), Lieutenant Hawkins, and Lieutenant Zeral. All other assignments are as per usual. Kersare out."

Those on the bridge not stationed in Section Alpha headed for the turbolift as Isabel said, "Computer, initiate MVAM in 5 minutes, countdown announcement each minute, at thirty seconds, and the last ten seconds."

"Acknowledged."

<Bridge, USS Sentinel>

Lange sat his in chair, idly petting Sassy as he waited for the 5 minutes to pass. He'd ordered up a split view for the viewscreen, one half showing the suspected location of the Sirion, the other half showing the Malinche. Given his choice, he'd rather be halfway in by now, with sensors either confirming it was the Sirion and there were survivors aboard, or telling them that is was a conveniently metallic asteroid or other spatial phenomenon fouling their sensors.

Finally, after what seemed like 10 minutes, rather than 5, Lange saw the Malinche begin to separate into her three sections. It was quite a sight, he had to admit. Even more impressive was the fact that the Malinche now had nearly twice the fire power overall and twice the maneuverability for each section.

"Helm, Lay in a course to the target. Prepare to engage at full Impulse." Lange sat back in his chair. Only a couple more moments to wait.

<USS Malinche, Alpha Section Bridge, 5 minutes later>

Isabel looked around the bridge at the officers assembled. Some looked a little nervous, but that was to be expected. She gave them a nod, then announced, "Red Alert."

The bridge started flashing red, a bit distracting, she had to admit. The insistent "Red Alert" coming from the computer was even more distracting though, "Computer, discontinue auditory alert."

"Acknowledged."

"Open a channel to the Sentinel," Isabel said. Seeing the young officer nod that it was open, she took a deep breath, "Whenever you're ready, Captain."

"Acknowledged, Captain," Lange replied. "Mister Monroe, Engage on course, Full Impulse."

OFF: Tag Crew!

JP Brought to you by:

Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rodgers
Senior Staff

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 am

ON: <USS Malinche, Beat Section, 1317, Day 3>

Caz was making her way towards the Malinches bridge when the announcement had been made. Turning on her heel she made her way to the Beta section access lift re-securing her hair as she walked. Entering the turbolift she entered in her security access code and requested the Beta Section control deck. Caroline was the first to arrive, exiting out of the turbolift and entering onto the control deck the entire area sprung into life.

The control deck was small and compact in comparison to the ships main bridge, if anything it was more akin to a Defiant class bridge, even the commanding officer would be manning a console while the ship was in MVAM. Moving over to the console situated directly behind the commanding officers chair she placed her palm atop its touch sensitive surface. ?Computer initialise security console and reconfigure using interface detail Rodgers Alpha Tango 2? Within seconds it?s touch sensitive interface shifted into one of Rodgers own design, one that she knew her way around even if she was blind.

With the console shifted in design she noticed other bridge officers making there way into the control deck, nodding at each as they made there way to their stations there was one task left to complete. ?Computer open concealed weapons locker 12 delta.? A hidden panel parted to reveal a rack of type two hand phasers and type three phaser rifles walking over she started to remove individual weapons and reconfigure them for rotating modulation firing before handing a type two to everybody on the control deck. Hefting out a rifle and attaching it to a shoulder strap she slung the weapon across her back, all the time hoping that using them would not be needed.
USS Malinche

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:56 pm

<USS Malinche, Mess Hall, MD03, 1313>

Jack threw his chicken salad sandwich down on to the plate when the blue alert was sounded, he hadn?t been monitoring the bridge while he was on lunch but knew the alert meant that the ship was going into MVAM and that meant either the Sirion or the Borg had been detected.

He stood from the table and joined the throng of people leaving the room to head to their duty posts, the announcement had told him to report to ?Auxiliary Control Gamma? which he assumed meant the battle bridge in the lowest section of the ship.

After entering the nearest turbolift along with several others he gave the official name for his destination and the lift jolted slightly, he was on his way...

< Auxiliary Control Gamma, 1315>

Lt. Jake Quaid had arrived only moments ago. This Aux Control Gamma was a pretty typical 'Battle Bridge' design. Nowhere near as functional as the Main Bridge, but it had the necessary resources to ensure they could actively participate in whatever was about to go down. Even though he was put in charge of section gamma, Quaid didn't take a seat in the battle bridge's command chair, he opted instead to man the security/tactical console as the auxiliary bridge crew arrived. "Okay people, take your stations please. We'll be separating in a few moments."

The doors to the turbolift opened revealing Jack and Lieutenant Stone, Stone, seeing the tactical station being manned took a seat at the Conn, Jack noticed the vacant Ops console and began making his way across the bridge, ?Ok kids, what have we got? Better not be those damned space weevels again!...?

"It seems we've detected the Sirion," Quaid replied with a nod. "The Sentinel is moving in to investigate further, and it looks like we're covering her. What's our separation status?"

Jack had now reached the console and brought up a status report, ?We should be ready to separate in the next couple of minutes, just waiting for the last few crew members to make it down here, the slackers.? Jack looked at the man who had replied as he spoke, he made note of the pips on his collar and deducted he must be the CFCO, ?Lieutenant Jack Hawkins by the way, we haven?t met yet.?

"No we haven't," Jake smiled, "Pleased to meet you Jack, Jake Quaid's the name." It wasn't long before more officers arrived and took the remaining stations. With that, Quaid typed a simple ready status message into the computer and sent it to Captain Kersare.

The Ops console began flashing up all kinds of messages that Jacks academy training had barely covered but the basic gist of it was instructions to sever all internal conduits, release docking clamps and then power up the engines so the ensign at the CONN could complete the separation, Jack dutiful did as the console commanded and watched as the all the icons for the docking clamps unlocked and the icons representing the sections engines lit up, they were ready, ?All docking clamps released and conduits severed,? he announced, ?If only break ups were this easy...? He watched as the sensor display showed the 3 sections of the ship drifting apart...

Quaid chuckled, "I certainly hope that this break-up is only temporary. I'm bringing the phasers, shields and torpedo launchers online." Jake's hands danced over the tactical console. Its display read that phaser power output was optimal, the torpedo arming sequence was complete and the shields read as green across the board.

?Just as long as the saucer section doesn?t run off with the Sentinel, kind of thing my ex would do!? Ensign Stone added with a chuckle of his own before continuing, ?All engines online and powered, inertial dampeners reset for MVAM?

Quaid outright laughed then. He had met Mr. Stone earlier and he seemed like a nice guy, but then again, so did Hawkins. "Alright, let's hold our position here until we hear from the Sentinel," the Lieutenant replied as his hands nervously gripped the side of the Tactical Station. "Keep your eyes peeled."

OFF

A JP by

Lt Jacob Quaid
CFCO
USS Malinche

and
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Peters
Senior Staff

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:28 pm

ON: <USS Malinche, Main Engineering (Section Gamma), 1312, Day 3>

Peters looked up as he noticed a change in the lighting. The alert lights were now flashing blue. On an Intrepid class that would mean they were landing. On the Prometheus, it meant Multi-Vector Assault Mode was being engaged. A moment later Captain Kersare's voice came over the intercom.

"Attention all hands, the Sirion has been located and we'll be covering the Sentinel as she goes in closer. We will be going to MVAM in five minutes; be at your MVAM post before the separation begins. I will be in charge of Section Alpha and Ensign Sychorski (NPC), Ensign Morris (NPC), and Lieutenant Sovak will be joining me. Commander Hunt will be in charge of Section Beta with Chief Tupalov, Lieutenant Rodgers, and Lieutenant Summers (NPC). Lieutenant Quaid will be in charge of Section Gamma with Ensign Stone (NPC), Lieutenant Hawkins, and Lieutenant Zeral. All other assignments are as per usual. Kersare out."

Peters quickly walked over to the nearest control panel and pulled up the duty roster. "C'eltor (NPC), take Vir (NPC), Melat (NPC), and Corrin (NPC) and get to Beta Section Engineering. Akios! You take Dirland (NPC), S'erak (NPC), and Altin (NPC) and man the Alpha section. You have three minutes, let me know when you're there."

He tapped a command into the panel, then another. After a moment he had Chief Engineer level access assigned to C'Eltor and Akios for their respective sections. "D'Vahl (NPC), Run a quick diagnostic on the separation systems, as well as the intership computer command links... Just in case the worst happens, I want to make sure we're ready to switch over to automated systems at a moment's notice."

The big Klingon crewman nodded briskly and turned back to his panel. Peters sat down in his chair and pushed off towards another console a few meters away. Pulling himself in front of the console, he was already tapping in commands. The Gamma Section Impulse engines were starting to warm up and secondary weapons systems were on line. That covered everything he needed to do, for now, Engineering-wise. That left security concerns.

As Peters stood, his commbadge chirped. "Peters here."

"This is Lieutenant C'Eltor. Beta Section team is in position." A similar message came through from Akios before Peters could reply.

"Acknowledged," Peters replied, then tapped his commbadge twice to change channels. "Peters to Kersare, Hunt, and Quaid. All Systems show ready for separation sequence. Ensign Akios is leading the Engineering team in Section Alpha and Lieutenant C'Eltor is in charge of the Section Beta team. That leaves me here in Main Engineering, Mister Quaid. Peters out."

As he reached a bulkhead panel near the entrance, Peters tapped in an access code on a small panel set to once side. There was a click, followed by the hiss of air moving. Peters pulled the cover off the weapons locker and started distributing Type 2 phasers. After everyone had one, Peters clipped one to his own belt, just in time to feel the jolt of the ship separating. Eventually some engineer would figure out a way to smooth that out, but not today.

OFF:
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Starbase 386 Crew

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:20 pm

ON: <USS Sentinel, Main Engineering, 1318, Day 3>

Adrenaline coursed through the veins of every man and woman in Main engineering, Red Alert had been sounded and all knew that it meant battle was undoubtly not far behind. The decision had been made for Lydia to stay in main engineering with Kilana serving as the engineering bridge officer. In one respect it may not be the best choice in the universe, Lydia was still the new girl and all of Engineering knew Kilana well and no doubt would follow the interim Chief Engineer to the ends of the universe itself but at the same time they also had to get used to the fact that Lydia was here for the foreseeable future.

Moving over to the warp core diagnose console she input a command and within seconds a forcefield shimmered into life around the core itself, putting two fingers into her mouth Lydia let out an ear piercing whistle. ?Okay people listen up, I know a lot of you resent my presence here and that is your right but the truth of the matter is we are about to go into potential battle and as such I need each and every one of you by my side here..? Midway through her speech she noticed the doors to engineering part allowing the ships first officer, Davenport a man Lydia knew all to well, to enter. ?..If any of you feel incapable of following my orders or working with me, you may leave engineering, with no fear of reprimand or official record, however those who do feel capable of working with me, well, we have work to do.?

Davenport made his way over to Lydia, she was as beautiful as he remembered maybe even more so but the fact remained that she had left him and those days were never going to come again. ?Commander Keane, status?? He asked in a pure business like fashion..

?We?re ready for anything you boys and girls on the bridge want to throw at us. She?s a good ship and a good crew, she?ll hold.? Lydia replied making her way over to one of the consoles.

?And what is the Chief Engineers status??

?Excuse me??

?Well I just imagined with your condition??

Lydia grabbed the man by his shoulder and dragged him into her office. ?My condition? What the hell is that meant to mean??

?I?m sorry have you forgotten you are dying?? Davenport parried back.

?I?m well aware if that fact Commander. It is also a fact I don?t want broadcast around my engine room. It?s nobodys concern but my own.? Lydia replied glaring at her former fianc?.

?Oh yes I forgot, heaven forbid the great Lydia Keane share her concerns with somebody, that would never do would it??

?Nigel, unless you have something constructive to tell me or ask me I suggest you leave before I end up giving you a bloody nose.? Lydia remarked making her way towards the door.

?I never stopped loving you Lydia even when??

?Even when what? Even when you started sleeping with all and sundry behind my back? Do me a favour Nigel, you do your job and I?ll do mine. Now if you?ll excuse me Commander, I have a warp core to monitor and a ship to keep in one piece.?

"Dammit Lange, I'm an engineer not wonder woman!"

Starbase 386 Crew

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:21 pm

<USS Sentinel, Bridge, MD03, 1310>

Samas snapped out of his thoughts when the call came out, he immediately turned his eyes to the sensor display on the operations console, noticing a faint signal, he cursed himself for not noticing it but he hadn?t adjusted to the systems onboard yet, nor was his mind as on the job as it should be given the circumstances.

He began working at boosting the sensor resolution but no trick he tried seemed to give them any kind of confirmation of what they found, the display in front of him only yielding a vague ?Contact 23b?, the long range sensor unable to pick up a transponder yet.

There weren?t many things that could make him tense, after 400 odd years he had seen more than most, but the Borg still put him on edge, his entire family had died when they invaded his homeworld and this was the first time in over a century that he could come face to face with them.

He shuddered slightly at the thought.

Still, he had no one to blame but himself, he could have refused the assignment, or opted to stay on the Starbase, but he didn?t. Samas had been helping out on the Starbase, his first assignment since returning to duty, when the CO informed him of the man shortage on the Sentinel, he put his name forward and was assigned to the Operations Department.

He knew the mission could involve the Borg and still he accepted it, maybe it was out of some sense of guilt; a desire to help ease his conscience, or maybe he just wanted to punish himself. Ultimately, he was doing what he had to do...

Lovestreet
Senior Staff

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:18 pm

<<Time wise...backpost of about 8 minutes>>

<< Sickbay, USS Malinche, 1310, Day 3>>

" A day's just never complete with out a visit to the sick bay is it?" Lynn giggled to Chelsea (NPC), who had rather quickly become one of the red head's best friends aboard the ship. Rolling her eyes at her sick bay companion, the nurse replied; " You work in sick bay, Lynn."

" Oh I know, but just imagine what the day would be like if I hadn't a need to show up in sickbay." The young doctor took a sanitary cloth and stood over a bio bed, wiping down the surface to ensure it was 'germ free'.

Chelsea wasn't about to start arguing the fact that whether she was needed or not, Lynn was required to show up for her shift in Sickbay...That was one thing Chelsea had learned: Lynn loved to argue, it must have been the Irish side of her.

Entering through the main doors was Doctor O with PM McKnight.

"But I don't care what Starfleet protocol says Emily. I don't want to work in a jumpsuit. Just go get me a medical smock if you please. I can find my way around a sickbay. This isn't my first time you know." Dr. O watched Emily McKnight leaving towards another part of sickbay. "Oh, Emily, make sure it's got blue diamonds, yellow stars and green clovers on it."

McKnight dared to take a glance back at Dr. O before she walked out of sight. "That man is crazy." she said in a low tone.

O waited for McKnight to be totally out of sight. He turned around to face the other two ladies. "Poor girl. Must be her first time out in space. She's got jitters. Maybe we could give her a shot of adrenaline." He moved closer to the ladies.

Extending his hand, "I'm Doctor Oliver Lovestreet", holding up a finger,"easy on the love part eh?" he smiled and cocked his head to one side.

"Lynn Quarterstaff, Ah... doctor. Kinda." She smiled sheepishly, still not all that comfortable with calling herself a doctor. She took a look at the new CMO and had to hold her laughter in. He was pleasant, The red head decided she liked him already. " And this is Chelsea! She's my favorite nurse."

Chelsea shook her head, realizing she was now caught between two loonies.

"Nurse Chelsie Marsid." The woman turned her head to Lynn and sighed heavily. " I've a stock room that needs checking. If you'll excuse me."

" Jelly bean Doctor Lovestreet?" Lynn offered, her body turning to scoop up the glass dish of her sugary joys. She leaned against a counter, smiling warmly. " If I may, What brings you to the Malinche?"

"Oh..thank you. Jelly beans. Haven't had one of those for ages." He picked out four jelly beans, one red, one yellow, one blue and one orange. "Well, I heard they desperately needed some comic relief on this ship so I thought why not...I get to visit all the other hell holes."

" Comic relief hum? Between you and me, it seems we have enough comedians on board. Just try taking a trip to the engineers deck. They're livley buggars..." She shook back red curls from a pale face. Lynn popped a green jelly bean in her mouth, searching the bowl for another green one. "I hope you stay aboard doctor, I need some one to eat the other colored jelly beans." The young woman grinned as she picked out two more green jelly beans.

"Well, I haven't been here long enough to judge, but I think this actually might be a good billet for me. The CO seems like a peach and that peach of the new Chief Counselor is just to die for....and my staff seems nice so why not stay right?"

If Lynn hadn't been busy searching for another of her preffered flavored candies, she'd have given a good doctor a curtsie, but instead she offered a half curtsie and a mumbled 'very kind of you sah'.

Oliver picked out a handful of red ones. "Well, I hope you can keep me filled with jelly beans. Else, I'll have to revert back to cannablism..." he smiled. "What's the poop around here? What's going on?"

She have the doctor a deer in the headlights look and went a good shade or two paler than normal.

" I can't believe I forgot!" she shrieked and began walking briskly to a portal to another section of sickbay. " My shift had just started when I got the message!" Quarterstaff bit her lip and took a moment to berrate herself mentally. What kind of doctor forgets they are supposed to be taking care of new arrivals. " If you'll kindley follow me, the nurses on shift should already be taking care of the situation."

O picked up another handful of jelly beans and followed Quarterstaff into the other side of Sickbay.

" I've lost 'alf me mind." The woman muttered, her accent thicker when she was upset.

"There are new arrivals in sick bay, I can't believe I've been chatting while we should have been- Here-" The red head sighed as they walked through the doors that had hissed open. " We're on a recovery mission, looking for a ship and a crew, the sketchy part to our tale, is the borg sightings that have been reported."

Lynn clicked her tounge against the side of her teeth, poor man must be very confused by now. After all there was a definate reason she never gave briefings.

" Welcome to your first shift doctor."

Oliver looked around, seeing crewmembers in various stages of injury. "Well, no time like the present eh?"

Joint Post by:

ENS Lynn Quarterstaff
Acting Asst. CMO

And....
Dr. Oliver Lovestreet
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Lovestreet
Senior Staff

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:33 pm

<Timewise, another backpost just after the last post which was also a timewise backpost...>

ON:

[USS Malinche, Sickbay, 1311 hours]

The lights dimmed to a blue hue. The Captain's voice came across the intercom. After she was done, Dr. O moved towards a wall, his hands stretched outwards, heading for the nearest patient.

"OH MY GODS....we're going to MVAM! I'm too young to die!"

Physician's Assistant McKnight came through the entryway, holding Dr. O's new medical smock. She was staring at the man in an odd way, wondering who was the doctor and who was the patient. She slowly moved closer, holding the smock at arm's length.

"Ah, here you go doctor." she said.

Oliver took the smock and quickly donned it. "Ok..who needs healing?"

He looked down at the crewman on the bio bed. He picked up his left wrist and looked at his own right wrist. There was nothing there but arm hair. McKnight wondered what he was doing.

"My good man, your pulse it too quick. It's flittering at twenty beats per hair! You need to take it down to twelve beats per hair if you think you're getting out of my infirmary."

O turned around, dropping the young crewman's arm on the bio bed. Flailing his arms around in the air, he started into some sort of song. He walked, or glided rather, the length of the post-op ward singing something about rain dropping on his head and isn't the weather lovely in London.

Some of the patients raised their heads, cocked them sideways and grinned. Others just had a smile on their face while some had a snarl.

O stopped in the middle of the ward room. "Attention shoppers...attention....we'll be dieing in about five minutes from a disease known as MVAM, which oddly enough is something even I haven't heard of before. 'Tis time to say goodbye to a loved one....or just find an attractive subject of the opposite sex and exclaim your undying, or dying, love for him and or her...whatever the case may be."

O looked at the bio beds one by one. "Now don't everyone get up all at once." He smiled and waved his hands in some sort of squiggly fashion. "Ok...do over! Everyone who does NOT want to be injured raise your hand. Everyone who DOES want to be injured just continue lying on your bed and we'll forget to heal you any minute now."

O motioned for McKnight to come closer to him. Emily did so, somewhat hesitantly. "Yes Doctor? What do you need?"

"Pshhh..what do I need? How much time do you have? Say, aren't we all about to die from an MVAM?"

"Ah, no Doctor. It has something to do with the ship disassembling or something."

O smiled and winked at her. "Ah. I see." He waved her back with his hand. "Thanks Emily. I'll go die in another room." O waved to all the patients in the ward. "Ok. I order you all to get well."

He headed to his office, not sure what he would find, but confident he would find something.

OFF
Dr. Oliver Lovestreet
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Akios
Crewmember

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:34 pm

ON: <USS Malinche, Alpha Section Engineering, 1320, Day 3>
Peters wrote:"Akios! You take Dirland (NPC), S'erak (NPC), and Altin (NPC) and man the Alpha section. You have three minutes, let me know when you're there."
"Yes sir!" Akios replied, and hurried out of Engineering with the other two officers, heading for the turbolift. Fortunately, he knew the way--he'd been there just an hour earlier. "Saucer Engineering," he instructed the turbolift, which sped away to deck 3.

When they arrived, automated processes were already underway. Akios checked the status display and tapped his combadge. "Akios to Peters. We're in position."

Alpha section--the "saucer section" of the Malinche, contained the ship's main computer core as well as main sickbay. However, it was also the least powerful of the three sections. The auxiliary warp core (which was not used when the ship was in normal operations, and which was now coming online) and the retractable warp nacelles were enough to give the section warp capability and power its weapons, but the limited antideuterium stores of the section meant that the brunt of any combat action would normally be carried by the other two sections. In the early design stages of the Prometheus class, the saucer had been intended to serve as a crew lifeboat, much like the saucer section of the Galaxy class, only with the addition of limited warp capability. Later, as the MVA development had progressed, it had been decided that giving the section better combat capabilities would increase MVA effectiveness, but it still wasn't a match for the the rest of the ship.

"Computer, report saucer status."

+"Warp core online. Warp nacelles ready to deploy. Docking clamp systems online, standing by..."+ The computer continued to rattle off the state of the various systems as they prepared for independent operation. +"Separation in twenty seconds."+

"Prepare to deploy nacelles," Akios said, monitoring systems until the bump as the section disengaged, inevitable as the gravitational and inertial damping fields divided.

"Nacelles deploying," Dirland called out. "Nacelles...fully extended and locked. Full warp capability available."

"Docking clamps retracted and secured. Hull integrity nominal. EPS nominal. Deflector and gravitational systems stabilizing."

"Warp core stable," Akios announced. "All systems green." He notified Operations that the separation had been successful and that the section was fully operational.

Well, that was interesting, Akios thought. He'd really hoped that they wouldn't use MVAM to confront the borg. Even though it was one of the most secure communications systems in Starfleet, the intership command system that was used in MVAM was probably their greatest vulnerability to borg attack. Their best chance to avoid that would be to operate the sections independently, without any degree of computer coordination, even though that would reduce the effectiveness of MVAM.

Well, they hadn't found the borg...yet...

OFF:
Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B