Lost And Found (JM with USS Sentinel/Peacekeeper)

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Masterson
Senior Staff

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:52 pm

ON: <<Schulz's Quarters, 1830, Day 3>>

Will had finished his meal and after a half-hour of doing nothing, was starting to get a little jittery. The visit with the counselor had been a welcome relief from the loneliness that he had experienced on the Sirion. His hope was that he would come to know more of the crew the more he spent time on the Malinche.

Britney (PNPC) walked quickly down the corridor towards Will's quarters. After the unsettling set of events that occurred, Isabel had seemed drained and a little shaken. At the same time, it seemed that she needed a distraction, and therefore had asked Britney to bring Will to her Ready Room. So, here she was...

The yeoman took a deep breath, a little nervous about speaking with him, then rang the doorchime.

Hearing the door chime, Will set down the book he had been skimming and called out, "Enter." He straightened out a few things before looking up to see who was entering the room. "Can I help you," he asked with a small smile.

Britney returned the smile, "I believe I can help you, actually. I'm Crewman Britney Liras, Captain's Yeoman. I understand you wanted to see the Captain?"

"Actually, I was," Will replied, offering his hand, "I was hoping that she'd be willing to allow me to stay aboard the Malinche and transfer to a posting here, given that my ship was just assimilated."

"I just spoke with her and she's ready to see you now, if you have time?" She looked around the room - it seemed that the young man had settled in nicely considering the short time he'd been on the ship.

"I certainly have plenty of time," Will replied, looking around the room, "Too much time, in fact. I appreciate you coming down here for this." He waited to see if she would lead the way of if he was going to be the one taking the lead.

Britney nodded, "I'm sure that won't be the case much longer. Let's go."

Will nodded. He quickly put the book he had been reading back on the shelf, straightened the chair he had been sitting in, then crossed the room to where Liras was standing.

She gave him a moment to join her, then walked out of the room and started heading down the corridor.

"So...do you like Ops?"

"It's been an interesting field," Will replied, walking alongside her as they continued down the corridor, "But I actually started out in piloting. When I was transfered to the Honorio, they moved me into the operations department. Since then, I've spent a bit of time in the transfer pool. I miss the flying, but helping to keep the ship running has its perks too. How about yourself?"

"Ah, so you have experience in two fields - that's helpful," Britney replied with a smile. "I actually just joined the Malinche after their last mission...They were on my planet, Direidi, and Captain Kersare offered me a position here as her Yeoman. I've seen a lot since then...though I'd rather not meet any Borg..."

"I was lucky," Will replied as they approached a nearby lift, "I never met one face to face over there, I just saw them from a distance and that was enough for me." The doors hissed open and he held out his hand for her to enter first.

Britney nodded and entered the turbolift, turning and waiting for him to get in as well.

"Bridge," he ordered as he entered the car. The doors hissed shut and the lift began its ascent. Will wondered what Captain Kersare was going to be like. Would she be understanding and accepting of his request or would she drop him off at the first starbase they got to? "So, what made you want to join Starfleet," he asked her.

"Well.." Britney began, taking a moment to collect her thoughts, "Mainly I wanted a...change of scenery, we'll say. I'd lived my entire life on Direidi and I wanted to see what else was out there. I miss it sometimes though... what made you decide to join StarFleet?"

"I was in San Fransisco when the Breen attacked Earth," Will explained as the lift continued its ascent,

"The way those officers did their best to help others, the way my father took charge and did what needed to be done...I wanted to be able to help like they did."

She smiled, "That's a great reason to join, I'd say." Feeling the turbolift come to stop Britney turned to face him, "I believe this will be your stop...good luck! It was nice meeting you."

"Same to you," Will replied as the doors opened, allowing him access to the bridge, "Thank you for the welcome as well."

OFF

By:

Crewman Britney Liras (PNPC)
Captain's Yeoman
USS Malinche

Played by: Captain Isabel Kersare

AND
Lt. JG Aaron Masterson
Chief Security/Tactical Officer & 2XO
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Peters
Senior Staff

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:27 pm

ON: <USS Sirion, Deck 3, 1700, Day 3>

~Snip~ "It's just Lt. Peters and me here right now," he answered. "I don't know who else is aboard, but as soon as we locate anyone else, I'll make sure they get a tricorder." ~Snip~

"I also gave Captain Lange one, so he should start transmitting within the next few minutes," Peters interjected.

<Malinche Bridge>

"Very good, I'll inform the Captain," the young man replied. As he turned to get Captain Kersare, he saw her finishing a conversation with a pair of officers. "Ma'am, Ensign Akios and Lieutenant Peters are on board the Sirion - they're passing out tricorders and should hopefully be transmitting a signal very soon. We have a comm link established."

Isabel nodded, "Thank you Ensign." She was eager to see what kind of shape the Sirion was in. "Lieutenant Peters, what is your status?"

<Sirion>

"Mister Akios and I will start investigating the lower decks and try to see what kind of shape Main Engineering is in, if we can get close enough." Peters looked at Akios to see his reaction.

"Have you encountered any Borg yet, sir?" Akios asked. "If not, it seems likely that Engineering would be one of the locations where they'd be concentrated. There and the computer core."

"There are three drones on the bridge right now. Luckily they seem to be ignoring the whole lot of us." Peters motioned down the corridor. "Engineering's that way-ish. Do you think they'll let us in if we knock and say please?"

"Getting in with the Borg has never been the problem..." Akios said. He hesitated a moment, then picked up the holographic relay, resting it on the top of the container he had slung over his shoulder. It would need to be left someplace, eventually, but leaving it in an empty corridor seemed to just be asking for trouble. It would still work, just not quite as well. He started walking cautiously in the direction Peters had indicated.

"Of course. Captain, we'll keep the comm line open as we proceed. You should see everything we do." Peters grinned. "We'll also be storing all the readings for analysis back on the ship."

<Malinche Bridge>

Isabel nodded to the young man at Ops; a few seconds later the video feed started showing on the main viewer. "Thank you, Lieutenant. We're watching it on the main viewer now. Be careful..."

Tension filled the bridge as everyone's eyes were glued to the images from the damaged ship. Portions of the ship had been assimilated, but there seemed to be gaps.

The doors swished open, admitting Britney (PNPC), who walked over to Isabel. "Captain?"

Isabel turned to her, "Yes? What can I do for you?"

"Sorry to disturb you ma'am. I wanted to let you know the young man from the Sirion, Lieutenant JG Schulz, is aboard and hoping to fill our vacant Chief Operations Officer position... He would like to speak with you when you're available," the young woman said.

Nodding, Isabel replied, "Thank you Crewman. Right now isn't the best time, but I'll be sure to contact him." Seeing Britney nod, Isabel turned back to watch the Engineers' progress. "Where are you now?"

<Sirion>

"Deck Four," Peters replied quickly. "Main Engineering is on Deck 7, so we have a bit to go, but we may encounter Borg before we get that far."

Akios, meanwhile, was coming to realize that he'd screwed up. He'd meant to load a PADD with the Sirion's specs before beaming over, but when he'd found out that Peters was already here, he'd hurried off without thinking. Now as they made their way towards Engineering, he wasn't completely sure of where he was going. If he'd had the specs, he would have looked for an indirect way in, a Jeffries tube or other access.

As they went along, he read the compartment numbers off the doors and corridors they passed, as well as any working wall panels he saw. (Not to mention keeping an eagle eye out for Borg.) Maybe he'd get lucky and spot something that could be useful to them.

"Sir, I was just thinking," he said over his shoulder, "in this class of ship, I think deuterium storage is directly over Main Engineering. If we run into the Borg, it might be wise to use an alternate way in, and plan for alternate ways out. There should be an access way along the deuterium feed. How familiar are you with the ship's layout, sir?"

"Not very. I could tell you what sensors she's carrying, though. I did, after all, start out as a scientist." Peters grinned. "Look up the specs, if you can. Just make sure that access way doesn't actually go into the deuterium tank. I'm not really dressed for an Andorian summer."

<Malinche Bridge>

Isabel was keeping track of the Engineers' conversation and perked up at the mention of specs, "I could try transmitting the specs for you if you'd like." She nodded to the Operations Officer and watched as he began looking for them.

Of course the files would need to be encrypted, but that wouldn't be too challenging. The question was how quickly they could be found, considering the interference from the nearby nebula and the computer issues they'd had earlier.

<Sirion>

"Aye, sir, standing by," Akios said. That sounded risky to him. If the CSTO was on the bridge, he probably wasn't happy right now. Was the data worth the risk? Was there anything he could do to reduce that risk? There was a wall panel further down the corridor that looked operational. "Lt. Peters," he said, pointing towards the panel, "should I try to see if I can access Sirion's schematics from there?"

"Give it a try, Ensign, but be careful," Peters responded as he tapped his commbadge again. "Captain, stand by on those specs. Mister Akios is going to see if he can access the Sirion's computer. that could also give us an idea how corrupted the systems are at this level."

Akios nodded to Peters and walked up to the panel, setting down his carrying case and checking further up the corridor before returning.

His first few keystrokes on the panel revealed that it was indeed working, at least intermittently. He avoided going for any kind of live data, like internal sensors, avoided command paths that would require him to enter more than the most basic security codes, and concentrated on getting to the LCARS subsystem and from there to the engineering diagram database. He knew that the ship's deck directory would be easier to access, but it wouldn't include the service corridors that he hoped would give them alternate routes into and out of Engineering.

The panel kept cutting out momentarily, requiring him to reenter his last commands, and he kept running into access errors that required him to backtrack. Gradually he worked his way into the Operations and Engineering subsections of the database.

"Sir? I get the impression that the computer's central database is in pretty much the same condition as the rest of the ship. There's a lot that's intact, but I keep running into corrupted sectors that might be Borg data that I can't access, and have to bypass them. This could take a while."

"Take as much time as you need, Ensign," Peters replied. "We want to do this right, after all."

OFF:

A JP With

Ensign Turu'asta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

&

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Thu May 01, 2008 1:02 pm

<USS Malinche, Holodeck 2, MD03, 1835>

Jack swerved to the side, narrowly missing the defender who tried to check him against the boards, he avoided the collision but the puck slid away along the ice. He regained his footing, returned his stick to the ground and pushed off with his skates, he moved fast, trying to return the puck to his possession before a player on the other side got hold of it.

He glanced down, making sure his stick was aligned to collect the puck, but he was in for a shock as he looked up, a member of the opposition was a metre away from him and closing that gap fast, there was little he could do but brace himself before the large man hit him hard and fast, he flew backwards from the force of the collision and landed hard on the wet ice, the cold burning the exposed part of his face.

He laid there for a few moments, the safety protocols prevented serious damage but it didn?t mean the landing hadn?t hurt. As the cold seeped through his padding he had a flash of memory, the kind that ordinarily isn?t present and evades any kind of usual search, but the sensation of his body on the ice had awakened something latent in his mind.

It was night-time, he pictured a vast expanse of snow, wind was howling and the falling snow made it difficult to see, he remembered freezing to his core, he had never been as cold as he was in the memory, the cold biting a t the skin left exposed by his cold weather uniform.

In the distance, through the dark and the falling snow he saw something, a series of small lights, he began walking towards them, his large boots sinking deep into the snow as he made slow progress towards the lights, when he got closer he could just make out the outline of a building. Struggling on against the snow and wind he finally reached the building, near collapsing as he arrived at the door, he remembered looking at a plaque to the side of the door, it read, ?Scott Polar Research Institute?.

There was no more to the memory, the flash lasted a split second before Jack was helped to his feet by the hologram that had knocked him over. It felt like it could almost have been a dream he was remembering, but the sensations felt too real, it was a memory, he was sure of it, but he had never been anywhere like that...it was another mystery he now found himself faced with.

There were still 50 minutes of the game to play, but oddly Jack had no more interest in the outcome and certainly not in feeling cold anymore, ?Computer, end program...?
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Zeral
Senior Staff

Sat May 03, 2008 11:00 pm

<<USS Malinche, Zeral?s Quarters, MD03, 1840>>

What Nora needed was a bath?and some more orange juice. She?d done all that she could in Sickbay for the time being and undeniable exhaustion was starting to set in. Wrapped in the silence of her quarters, the Betazoid took a good look around her, still adjusting to her quarters since her very recent arrival to the Malinche.

Orange juice?who was she kidding? What she needed was a good glass of white wine. Normally she wasn?t one to imbibe very much alcohol, but today felt like a special occasion. After all, it wasn?t everyday that she began a new position as Chief Counselor on a new ship and evaluated survivors of varying mental states following an attack by the Borg.

?White wine, please,? she told the replicator, then took the materialized glass in hand. It was perfect. A few sips later and Nora wasn?t so sure that one glass was going to be enough after all. She collected her second glass, making sure to drink it more leisurely than her first. Her thoughts drifted to all of the people she had met throughout the day, crewmembers and survivors alike. At this point, she just hoped she could remember all of their names.

And who knew what tomorrow would bring? She was a telepath, not a psychic. Anything could happen in her new life. And beyond that, the night was still relatively young.

It was time for that bath.

OFF:
Commander Nora Zeral
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm

<<USS Malinche, Hunt's Quarters, MD03, 1845>>

Mason broke out in a cold sweat, his visions soon returned this time around more intense and clear. One of the visions contained him standing in the cool mist of fog with one light standing above him.

In the clearing he could see a borg female slowly approaching him and extending a hand to his face. His eyes began to close slightly invisioning the sirion crew plus several people he had the feeling he knew.

It took him a moment to realize where he was nad to understand that he was hearing the same voices of the Sirion crew in his mind. To him it was a bunch of garble and half bitten phrases.

One of the voices kept repeating the phrase "Home, Home." After the second repeat a massive light flashed in front of him leaving nothing behind.

=/\=Hunt To Zeral we need to talk=/\=

OFF
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 pm

<USS Sirion, Deck 6, Some time later>

Peters checked the power level on his tricorder as they approached the Main Engineering Upper Level. He didn't want to have to change power cells for the unit in the middle of a nest of Borg. The unit checked out as having enough power for a couple more hours of continuous scanning, so he went back to scanning. The sight of the corridor ahead brought him to a sudden stop. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

"Okay, that looks more like what they showed us in the simulations," Akios said quietly, looking in the same direction.

"Captain, I think we've reached the areas that the Borg assimilated before whatever it was that happened caused them to start acting erratically. If the image is coming through clearly, you can see that the corridor ahead looks to have none of the ship's original equipment left in place, it's been totally assimilated." Peters tapped a quick diagnostic into his tricorder, then set it on the widest scan range he could get and maintain image quality.

"Malinche should be able to see that on visuals," Akios said to Peters, looking over the lieutenant's shoulder, "but for holographic resolution, we'll need to get closer, no more than twenty feet."

<Malinche Bridge>

After hearing what Todd had said, Isabel looked a little more closely at the images coming across the viewscreen. It was as he described - everything was assimilated - very dissimilar to the other corridors she'd seen. "What would it take to get it back to StarFleet standards, and how long?"

<Sirion>

Hearing the captain's question, Akios glanced down the corridor again, but said nothing. He had an opinion, but decided to keep it to himself. He wasn't even sure that any ship had ever been de-borged, unlike rescued drones. Well, there was Voyager, but that was a special case. Besides, even if Sirion could be rebuilt, Intel and various scientific groups might want to hang onto the ship to examine it for new Borg technologies. Yeah, it was definitely better to not say anything.

"We could likely get this ship flightworthy with a few small repairs and system bypasses; a few hours worth of work," Peters replied, moving closer to the assimilated area for a better image. "To get her back to specs... We're probably talking several weeks, maybe even months, in a shipyard. All of the Borg components and original systems that the Borg have altered would have to be stripped out and replaced. The boys in R&D will be really happy to get all of that equipment, though."

<Malinche Bridge>

"I'm sure they will. Make an assessment as far as how best to proceed in getting the ship flightworthy. A Security team will be over shortly to clear out the Borg and take some that could potentially be saved to sickbay," Isabel said. Unfortunately she had a feeling that very few, if any, would be able to be saved, but she felt it was her duty to try.

<Sirion>

"Will do," Peters managed not to drop the tricorder as he jumped out of the way of a drone that seemingly came out of nowhere. "Nice of them to try and run me over without so much as an 'excuse me.'"

"Did she say, 'clear out the Borg'?" Akios said, his voice cracking. "This isn't a Cardassian vole infestation we're talking about. It's still likely the only reason the Borg haven't responded to us is that we haven't done anything to them yet..." He cut off his rant to press himself back against the wall.

<Malinche Bridge>

Isabel froze for a moment as she watched the Borg cross the screen. She couldn't be sure...not after all this time and the Borg components, but that eye... Could it be? "Lieutenant, keep an eye on where that Borg goes."

Quickly she turned to the Operations Officer on the bridge, "Roll back the footage to where the Borg bumped into Lieutenant Peters and play it back at 1/4 speed."

"Yes ma'am," Joey (NPC) replied. He tapped a few buttons on his console, then replayed it, "Here it is."

As the Borg walked by, Isabel had more time to study the face... "Stop it right there, zoom in on the face and enhance the image."

The young operations officer simply nodded, zooming in and applying a few algorithms to clean up the Borg's face. On the main viewscreen he displayed the image, looking over at the Captain.

"It's him..." Isabel said, almost to herself. A flood of mixed emotions ran through her, nearly engulfing her totally. For a few minutes she simply stared at the image, an image of a person she never thought she'd see again. Her husband.

Though her mind was still trying to process this new information and its impact, Isabel knew one thing for sure. She had to get him over to the Malinche. She had to see him again. Some would probably think she had lost her mind - there was certainly doubt that it was actually Derek (NPC) - but her heart told her otherwise, and she had to know for sure.

"Mr. Peters," Isabel began, now feeling numb, "I need you to figure out a way to disconnect that Borg from the Collective so he can be brought over to the Malinche... The Security team will be there to assist you and I'll send over anyone else you need."

<Sirion>

"Aye Captain," Peters responded, only slightly flustered by the order. "Mister Akios... I need you to put that mind of yours to use... figure out a way to isolate that drone, before he gets too far away from us."

"What!?" Akios squawked. He'd reviewed the available records on the Borg at the beginning of this mission. Under normal circumstances, no one had ever been disconnected from the Collective unless the Collective did the disconnecting. "We need to capture the drone and get it back to Sickbay for surgery! The neural transceiver in the brain would need to be disabled, and trying to do that in the field could destroy the organic brain it's attached to!" Also, Sickbay could have record of the neural suppressant Voyager used to allow some of them to be assimilated while retaining their individuality for a time. That might help to separate the drone from the Collective.

"If you're determined to do it here..." There were a couple of things that Akios had read about: about eleven years ago, the Voyager logs mentioned that they'd discovered a Borg cube that had been disabled by an electro-kinetic storm. The drones who survived were severed from the Collective. Another was that Voyager's CEO was able to sever Seven of Nine from the collective by subjecting her to an elctroplasma discharge while her assimilation tubules were connected to one of the ship's consoles.

"The only way I know of to do it is to give the drone powerful electric shocks directly into its neural networks. Trying to do that here would be extremely risky. There's a good chance of killing the drone you're trying to free, as well as stimulating a defense response in the remaining drones."

"Oh...hell. Sir, you try to attract the drone while I pull one of the smaller EPS conduits..." His commanding officers were nuts, completely nuts...

"Well, hold on a minute, ensign. Before we try to electrocute the Captain's pet drone, is there anything we could do to, maybe, jam the carrier signal connecting him to the Collective long enough to transport him over to the Malinche and let the doctors at him?" It was worth a shot at least, Peters figured.

"It's never been done, sir. They use a massively redundant spread spectrum signal spanning the entire subspace domain. You'd need to jam all of subspace simultaneously with a signal so strong that no signal could be piggybacked on it anywhere. If you think about it, if it was possible to jam the collective's signal, that would be the single most effective way of dealing with the Borg. It would almost eliminate them as a threat..."

Akios stopped, an idea occurring to him. "But we're not exactly dealing with a normal situation, are we? Their behavior here could be due to the collective signal already being interfered with, by something in this locale. That might make it possible to use the modified tricorders to jam the signal."

"The holographic communications protocol uses feedback telemetry to adjust the broadcast frequency for the clearest signal. If we use that to find the frequencies with the least interference, and use all the holographic communicators to jam rather than transmit, and if the collective signal is already partially blocked, there's a chance it could work. Transmitting at an intensity great enough to jam other signals would drain the power cells quickly, though."

"We'll need to somehow send a carrier wave to the Malinche for transport, though. Any thoughts on that?" Peters asked as he did some calculations in his head. The jamming would definitely work, but they'd need to replace the power cells on all of the tricorders immediately afterwards.

"Captain," Peters said, tapping his commbadge, " To do this we're going to need to shut down the holo-recording for a while. I'll also need the security team to bring over a whole bunch of modified tricorders and power cells."

<Malinche>

"I'll have Lieutenant Quaid get a Security team together and beam over. How long will you need to have the holo-recording shut down?" Isabel's nerves were rather shot at this point...perhaps she should also ask Nora to return to the bridge...

<Sirion>

"I'd estimate thirty to sixty minutes, Captain. More if the drone wanders too far while we're getting set up. The quicker they get over here the easier and faster this will be," Peters answered quickly.

<Malinche>

"Alright, go ahead Lieutenant. Good luck. I'll get the Security team over there within the next twenty minutes - hopefully sooner, Kersare out," Isabel replied. She hoped this worked. Before getting too caught up in her emotions, she tapped her commbadge, "Kersare to Quaid and Hawkins - report to the bridge immediately."

OFF:

JP brought to you by:

Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Last edited by Kersare on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Sat May 10, 2008 3:22 pm

ON: <<Ready Room, 1840, Day 3>>

Will stepped out onto the bridge of the Malinche and took a look around. It reminded him of the bridge design from the 23rd Century starships, center chair above the rest, surrounded by the various workstations all facing outwards. He wasn't sure how much he liked that design, but he figured he'd get used to it. Lieutenant Summers (NPC) gave him a smile from where he was working with an engineer at one of the auxiliary consoles.

Will returned the smile and crossed the bridge to approach the ready room doors. Pressing the door chime, he straightened his uniform somewhat nervously, took a deep breath to steady his nerves, and waited.

Isabel looked up as she heard the doorchime. Gently she placed the picture of herself and Derek back on her desk and ran a finger lightly over the frame. Still feeling a little numb, she took a deep breath and did her best to gain back her composure. Standing up from her desk, Isabel replied, "Enter."

Will passed through the opening doors and stood before the captain's desk. "Lt. JG William Schulz, reporting as ordered, ma'am," he said, snapping to attention. He wanted to make sure this first impression was the smoothest one he'd ever given. To ensure so, he was going to go by the book.

"At ease, Mr. Schulz," Isabel replied, offering him a seat. "As I'm sure you're aware, I'm Captain Isabel Kersare, Commanding officer of the Malinche. I understand you wanted to see me?"

"Yes ma'am," Will replied, taking the indicated seat, "I have a request to make, ma'am, regarding my next posting.

Isabel nodded, "Go ahead."

"I was hoping that you would consent for me to be posted to the Malinche," Will explained, "I just finished six months in the transfer pool and I'm not too keen on going back, if I may say so."

"From what I understand, you're an Operations Officer?" Isabel asked.

"Yes ma'am," Will replied, "I was the Chief Operations Officer on the Sirion. Transferred aboard three days before she went missing."

Isabel looked over at him, watching to see how comfortable he was talking to her, "Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your service record as things are...hectic here, as I'm sure you're aware... What was your assignment before being in the transfer pool for six months?"

"I was assigned as the assistant chief operations officer on the Honorio, ma'am," Will answered, "I had transferred there from flight control aboard the Dante in the Golden Discontinuity."

"Flight Control? What did you study at the Academy??" Isabel raised an eyebrow.

"Well ma'am, I've always been a pilot," Will explained, "and I did study starship operations at the Academy. It was a simple step to add starship flight control to my resume. When I got my first assignment, it seemed that they felt my piloting skills were in more demand."

Isabel nodded, "Do you feel you're ready to serve again so soon after what happened on the Sirion?"

"Please don't take this the wrong way, ma'am, but I hadn't been on the Sirion long before the Borg attacked," Will replied, "While I am remorseful over the deaths of my shipmates, I didn't have a strong enough connection with anyone to become emotionally unstable. I have already met with the counselor and she has certified me for duty."

"My apologies, but I hope you understand I had to ask," she said. "Is there anything else you feel I should be aware of?"

"Not that I can think of, ma'am," Will replied, "Other than that I could use something to do. I spent three days locked in my room on the Sirion, so you can understand that I am itching to do something."

She paused to think for a few moments, "Well Mr. Schulz, we're certainly in need of a Chief Operations Officer, especially considering our current situation. For now I'll make you Acting Chief Operations Officer until an official transfer request can be approved by StarFleet."

"Thank you, ma'am," Will said with a smile, "I appreciate your understanding in this matter."

"You're welcome. I'd suggest meeting those in your department - they can get you up to speed on the issues they've been dealing with and I would think you'll want to meet the people you'll be working with," Isabel said. "Are there any questions you have for me?"

"Nothing major yet," Will answered, "Who's been in charge up to this point? I'd like to meet with them first."

Isabel replied, "Lieutenant JG Summers has been in charge, with Lieutenant JG Nostra assisting him."

"Thank you, captain," Will said, "If it's alright with you, I'd like to get started right away."

She smiled - he was eager, that was a good sign. "Go ahead. Welcome to the Malinche; I hope you enjoy serving with us." Standing, Isabel extended her hand.

Will shook her hand firmly and smiled. This was definitely turning out for the better. Now all he had to do was find the Operations office. With a nod to Captain Kersare, he went back out onto the bridge and headed for the turbolift. He'd get settled in before calling a department meeting. Maybe he could go over the logs and see what had been done so far. All these thoughts and ideas raced through his head as the doors closed and the lift began its descent.

OFF:

JP brought to you by:

Lieutenant JG Will Schulz
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu May 15, 2008 11:15 pm

<USS Sentinel, Shuttlebay, MD03, 1741>

?Home Sweet Home? Samas said as the shuttle touched down back in the Sentinels bay, it had been a long day and technically he had been off duty for 2 hours, he was looking forward to hitting the mess hall and getting some much needed food.

He gathered up his tool kit when Rhys worked shutting down the engines, he insured the EVA suits were stored back in their compartments and hit the door release, the door hissed slightly as it unsealed and then whirred as it opened. Samas was surprised to have hot humid air pour in through the nearly formed opening.

?Hmmm, that?s weird...?

Rhys noticed it as well. ?Yeah? who installed the sauna?? He carefully looked out, and tapped his comm badge. ?Monroe to bridge.? No reply. He looked at Samas.

Samas looked back, ?D?j? Vu...? He had a bad feeling about this, he knew enough to know that the Borg tend to like their ships hot and humid.

He opened the locker where the suits were stored once again and pulled out two hand phasers and two tricorders, handing Rhys one of each and attaching the others to his belt. ?We should try and get to the bridge...?

?I agree,? Rhys said, checking the phaser and cautiously peering out into the silent bay. ?But first let?s warn the Malinche that there?s a problem over here.?

?Good idea? Samas replied, he turned to control panel but stopped abruptly when he thought he heard a noise from the shuttle bay, it sounded suspiciously to him like someone had pried the main internal doors open ...

Rhys cast a worried look over to Samas, then motioned for him to get back in the shuttle.

?Can we use the shuttle transporters to beam to the bridge? Or at least a safe location?? Rhys asked.

Samas walked to the small panel on the wall that could laughably be called the Transporter control panel, ?It?s possible, but I?ll have to bypass several security and safety protocols to do it...? he said while working at the control panel.

?Oh come on!? Samas argued as the computer emitted an error beep, he walked to one of the main consoles and activated the sensor array, frantically tapping the controls, ?It?s no good, there?s some kind of interference, I can?t get a lock on anything more than a deck in either direction , also means odds are we can?t send a message to the Malinche...?

Then Rhys saw it. Through the view portal at the front of the shuttle, he saw two large, bulky figures come into view. Beings of dull skin tone, sick with the infestation of foreign cybernetic devices, walking awkwardly. Dead eyes turned and locked on to the shuttle craft, and the two Borg began making their way to where the two Starfleet officers were hiding.

?Oh well,? Rhys said. ?We?ll have to risk it. Beam us to a safe area in one of the Jeffries Tubes, we?ll go from there. And hurry.?

Samas used the larger console to access the targeting sensors and chose a Jefferies Tube junction on the deck above, he hoped it would be safe harbour for a little while, but knew it wouldn?t take the Borg long to pinpoint the transporter beam.

?Ok that should do it!? He hit the timer control and stepped back the main area of the shuttle next to the anxious Conn officer, a second later he felt the familiar tingling of the transporter dematerialising them and the shuttle faded away....

-------------

A JP by guess who?

Lt. Rhys Monroe
Chief of Flight Control
USS Sentinel

And
This is a post by a member of Starbase 386's Crew
http://starbase386.antoniemey.com/

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu May 15, 2008 11:16 pm

<<USS Sirion, Bridge, 1735, Day 3>>

Kilana looked closely at the display in front of her. Though the Borg had done a patchwork job at assimilating the Sirion, it was, in a way, worse than them assimilating whole systems.

Some thought that as long as systems were only partially assimilated, they'd be easier to get back online. Unfortunately, it mainly meant that it would be a more time consuming process, involving disentangling all the separate systems. She would much prefer that some systems be untouched, but that didn't seem to be the case.

"Marc (NPC), what's your status?" She turned towards him.

He sighed, "It's a mess. Right now I'm working on the shielding and weapons systems... They," he glanced over at the Borg in the corner of the room, "seem to have mainly left those systems alone. Any systems associated with engineering and navigation, however, are in bad shape."

Nisha (NPC) walked over to where the two were standing, "Why would they leave weapons and shielding alone? Those are fairly important, especially out here without...."

"Without any other vessels nearby to help?" Kilana finished Nisha's thought. The idea unsettled her...possibly more than the unsettling feeling she had from the Borg standing in the room.

Marc looked from one woman to the other, "Do you really think there might be another vessel out there?"

A silence came over them as they each thought about the possibility and what it would mean for all of them.

Kilana was the first to speak, "We better get working and get this ship in order....we may need it."

Marc nodded, "Hopefully Mikaela (PNPC) and the others are having some luck in Engineering..."

"I'll check in with her after I contact the Captain," Kilana replied. She turned and tapped her commbadge, "Nira to Lange - the bridge team has some news for you when you get back to the bridge."

OFF: Tag Lange

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Captain's Yeoman, Chief of the Boat, Acting CEO
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu May 15, 2008 11:16 pm

ON: <USS Sentinel Bridge, 1740, Day 3>

Davenport tugged at his uniform collar and swore under his breath. He then wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead with the back of one hand. "Why the blazes is it so hot in here?"

Tina (NPC) glanced back at Nigel, then tapped at her display, "As Engineering reported earlier, the environmental control system isn't functioning properly, sir. Temperature is currently at thirty degrees Celsius."

"Well get me someone in engineering and find out why they haven't fixed the environmental controls yet!" Davenport wiped his forehead again and then stood and began pacing back and forth in front of the command chair.

At the helm, Mills grimaced and pulled up a readout on the Environmental controls. They certainly seemed to be going haywire, but there was something about the specific readings that troubled him. He just couldn't put his finger on it, though.

Inwardly, Tina sighed. She was also hot and sweating from the temperature - it was none too pleasant and certainly didn't help her mood. Pressing a button on her console she said, "Bridge to Engineering."

No response came though the Operations Officer gave it several moments. She snuck a glance over at Greg, trying to portray her concern, then tried again, "Bridge to Engineering, please respond."

"Is there something wrong with communications too, Ensign?" Davenport demanded. Wouldn't it just figure that this abominable assignment would fall apart around him.

She glanced down at her display, "No, sir, there's nothing wrong with Communications here, in Engineering, or anywhere else on the ship..."

"Then what's the problem?"

Tina bit her lip, "Well...the only other thing I could think of is that there's nobody in Engineering..." Or worse, there was someone in Engineering...just not the Sentinel crew - she decided to keep that thought to herself.

"Well, get me a reading of the conditions in main engineering. Find out if anyone down there is at their posts." Davenport sighed. "And quickly, Ensign, before we all sweat down to nothing."

"Aye, sir." Right now she wished the Captain were on the bridge. She tapped at her display and waited a few moments as it scanned the area. "There appear to be some people in Engineering - I'm getting a read off their communicators - but they're not at their post. There also seem to be non-Sentinel crew there..."

"Non-Sentinel crew?" Davenport replied incredulously. Suddenly his blood ran cold. "Who are they then?"

Tina pulled up the detailed statistics on the lifesigns in Engineering and sucked in her breath, "The non-Sentinel crew....the lifesigns are Borg..." Her voice trailed off as a sense of dread ran through her. The Engineers must have been assimilated... Questions ran through her head - how did the Borg get on board? How long had they been there? Could the crewmembers be saved? How much damage had the Borg done already?

"Yellow alert. Get security to seal off Main Engineering. And open a channel to Captain Lange on the Sirion," Davenport was nearly panicking. He'd never dealt with the Borg before.

As her hands flew across the console, trying to follow Nigel's orders as quickly as possible, Tina felt adrenaline kicking in. Tapping one last button she said, "Channel open, sir."

"Sentinel to Lange. Captain, we have a bit of an issue over here," Davenport reported.

OFF:

A JP by:

Ensign Tina Marris (NPC)
Operations Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673
As Played by: CPO Kilana Nira

&

Commander Nigel Davenport III (NPC)
Executive Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673
As Played by: Captain James Lange

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 pm

<<USS Sirion, Near Engineering, 1800, Day 3>>

Mikaela (PNPC) turned away from the display and sighed. She was getting restless and they were still making little progress. Jon (NPC) and Lydia (NPC) were working at a nearby terminal, still deep in thought. Well...more like Lydia was working and Jon was worrying.

After watching them silently a few moments, she walked over and said, "Why don't we try finding the Malinche Engineering team? They have to be here by now."

"B...but...we don't know they're even here!" Jon protested.

"Well, it certainly doesn't look like we're getting very far, does it?" Mikaela gestured towards their hours' worth of work, which amounted to checking on some systems, but not really fixing anything.

Lydia paused what she was doing to turn and address her fellow Engineers, "Why don't you two go? I'll stay here and see what else I can accomplish."

Jon froze for a minute as the thought sunk in, "But we'll have to walk through the ship even more! There's Borg everywhere!" He was getting more and more nervous, his eyes flickering back and forth.

"Calm down - we've not done anything to draw attention to ourselves and as long as they don't perceive us as a threat, we should be fine," Mikaela replied. "We could contact Kilana and see if they can scan for more non-Borg lifeforms...that would give us a better idea of where the other team is."

"Good idea," Lydia nodded.

Mikaela tapped her comm badge, "Breland to Nira. Could you scan the ship and tell me if there are any other non-Borg aboard? We want to know if the Malinche Engineering team is aboard..."

<USS Sirion, Bridge>

"Hold on while we scan the ship," Kilana replied, nodding to Marc (NPC).

He tapped at the console and started scanning. Ignoring the comm badge signatures from his fellow Sentinel crewmates, he waited until the computer displayed other non-Borg lifesigns, "They're on Deck 6, near Engineering, but on the opposite side."

Kilana nodded, then relayed the message, "Same deck as you, opposite side of Engineering. Anything else, Mikaela?"

<USS Sirion, Near Engineering>

"That's it, thanks. Breland out," she replied. "Looks like we won't have far to go, come on Jon."

"I...I don't know...I mean...it...it..." Jon stammered, looking to Lydia, hoping she'd save him.

"Get going," Lydia said before turning back to what she was working on.

Mikaela bent down, quickly picking up her tools and putting them back in her kit. She waited as Jon looked over in disbelief, then saw his shoulders slump as he picked up his kit and joined her.

Luckily the corridor was nearly deserted - two Borg walked by, inspiring Mikaela and Jon to hold their breaths, but paid the Engineers no mind. Rounding a corner, Mikaela spotted two officers in services yellow. One was humanoid, the other was some form of large bird - she'd never met someone of the species before, but she thought the race started with an 'A'...

"Hello? Need some help?" Mikaela gave a friendly smile as she and Jon walked over to join the officers.

OFF: Tag Akios & Peters!

Lieutenant JG Mikaela Breland (PNPC)
Damage Control Specialist
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

and

Various Engineering NPCs

and

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Captain's Yeoman, Chief of the Boat, Acting CEO
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Masterson
Senior Staff

Fri May 16, 2008 5:14 pm

ON: <<Operations Office, 1930, Day 3>>

Will had taken the captain?s advice and called asked to see Lt. JG Summers (NPC) in the operations office. The first thing he took note of as he entered the room was that it was better than his workspace on the Sirion had been. On one wall was a systems display of the Malinche and in front of that was a desk for the Chief Operations Officer. Two chairs were placed opposite the desk and there was a small table for meetings or work.

Will had barely taken a seat at the desk when the door chime sounded. ?Enter,? he called, looking up to see Summers enter the room. The doors swished shut and there was an awkward moment of silence as Will suddenly realized that Summers had probably been the senior officer of the department until his arrival.

?I see that the captain has put you to work already,? Summers said with a forced laugh, attempting to break the silence. Will smiled a bit and motioned for him to have a seat.

?Captain Kersare and I met a little while ago and she has allowed me to stay on as Acting Chief Operations Officer for the time being,? Will explained, ?As happy as I am to get to work, I must admit that I need some help to get up to speed as to what has been going on here.?

?Well,? Summers said, ?Before you were brought aboard, we had suffered a massive systems failure on one of the sections during MVAM. I assume you are familiar with that particular feature??

?Yes, I?ve been reviewing the Malinche?s specs,? Will replied, ?What caused it??

?At first we weren?t sure, but when we reintegrated the sections, it spread to the rest of the ship,? Summers continued, ?We think it might have had something to do with the nebula conditions. We were reduced to crawling through Jefferies tubes and minimal lifesupport. Communications had to be achieved through modified tricorders.?

?I noticed that the away teams aboard the Sirion had those,? Will commented.

Summers nodded in reply and set a padd on the desk, ?This is what we have gotten fixed so far. We?ve been helping the engineering teams as much as we can to get everything back in order.? Will picked up the padd and began scrolling through the data on it. The conditions it described seemed almost as bad as what he had been enduring on the Sirion, sans the Borg of course.

?Thank you, lieutenant,? Will said, looking back up, ?Carry on.? Summers rose and headed for the door when Will thought of something else. ?Lieutenant,? Will called, causing the man to pause, ?I?ll be depending on you a lot until I get into the rhythm of things. I?d like to thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide me.?

?Anytime,? Summers replied with a friendly smile. He left the room and, as the doors hissed shut again, Will glanced out the viewport into the nebula beyond. Something didn?t feel right but he couldn?t put his finger on it. All he had was a sense of foreboding.
OFF

Lieutenant (JG) Joey Summers (NPC)
Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B
Played By: Will Schulz

and
Lt. JG Aaron Masterson
Chief Security/Tactical Officer & 2XO
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Akios
Crewmember

Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 am

<<USS Sirion, Near Engineering, 1810, Day 3>>
"We'll need to somehow send a carrier wave to the Malinche for transport, though. Any thoughts on that?" Peters asked as he did some calculations in his head. The jamming would definitely work, but they'd need to replace the power cells on all of the tricorders immediately afterwards.

"Captain," Peters said, tapping his commbadge, " To do this we're going to need to shut down the holo-recording for a while. I'll also need the security team to bring over a whole bunch of modified tricorders and power cells."

<Malinche>

"I'll have Lieutenant Quaid get a Security team together and beam over. How long will you need to have the holo-recording shut down?" Isabel's nerves were rather shot at this point...perhaps she should also ask Nora to return to the bridge...

<Sirion>

"I'd estimate thirty to sixty minutes, Captain. More if the drone wanders too far while we're getting set up. The quicker they get over here the easier and faster this will be," Peters answered quickly.

<Malinche>

"Alright, go ahead Lieutenant. Good luck. I'll get the Security team over there within the next twenty minutes - hopefully sooner, Kersare out," Isabel replied.
Akios had been thinking about the lieutenant's question while Peters and the captain talked. "If the jamming is to be successful, sir, I don't think we can safely open a hole for a carrier wave to get through. If these were normal Borg, they'd exploit it immediately. We should be able to rig up some kind of sensor reactive transport tag, though, that will stand out to Malinche's sensor scans. Would have to attach it to the drone, though."

He started looking through his toolkit for something that could be used. "Oh, sir? I have all the completed modified tricorders with me; I have ten. I left Cadet Altin on the bridge monitoring a diagnostic. It'll take them maybe twenty minutes to get that batch together."

He pulled a magna spanner out of his kit. If he pulled the coil and stripped the resonance chamber out of a phase coil resonator, he could combine them in such a way that they would create a hot reflection to any sensor scans...

He looked up suddenly, and pointed past Peters down the corridor, where a group of unfamiliar Starfleet officers had appeared.
"Hello? Need some help?" Mikaela gave a friendly smile as she and Jon walked over to join the officers.
Akios stood. "Ensign Akios from Malinche. Good to see someone who isn't a Borg."

<tag Peters>
Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Sun May 18, 2008 7:18 am

<<USS Malinche, Bridge, 1855, Day 3>>

Isabel was glad to finally have a Chief Operations Officer again...especially in a situation such as this. Her mind kept replaying the image of the Borg drone...her husband... She couldn't be totally sure until they got him aboard....but if so it turned her whole world upside down. Hopefully Medical would be able to do something. She was snapped out of her thoughts by the swish of the turbolift doors opening.

Jack stepped out from the turbolift and on to the bridge, he had been heading to the mess hall when the message came over the comm, he promptly turned and headed towards the bridge, his mind was still somewhat cluttered with thoughts of what had happened so far today but he wanted to at least try to maintain some air of professionalism. "You rang?" Well as much professionalism as he normally mustered at any rate.

"Yes, I did. Let's go to my Ready Room," she said. Isabel turned towards the Communications Officer, "When Lieutenant Quaid arrives, tell him to join us in my Ready Room."

Jack dutifully followed suit as the captain left the bridge, he noticed the Communications Officer's eyes lingering on him a moment longer than they maybe should have, but with everything that he happened he simply marked it down to his imagination.

Isabel led the way and walked into her Ready Room. Her nerves were rather rattled with the events thus far, so she couldn't quite bring herself to sit calmly at her desk. Instead, she stood to the side of it. "Have you been to Sickbay?"

"Big room? Lots of beds? Yep, all mended, well a slight headache but nothing I can't handle" He elected to match the Captains position and refrain from sitting in the chair next to the desk, "What brings me to the bridge?"

"As you know, our goal for this mission is to, if possible, bring the Sirion back. In order to do that, we'll have to do something about the Borg on board. Also, there is a certain Borg, which Lieutenant Peters and Ensign Akios are keeping an eye on, that I would like brought back to the Malinche," Isabel replied.

"You want us a catch a Borg?" Certainly Jack didn't see that part coming, "As in shove it in a cage and drag it back over here?" He paused, "A Borg? Seriously? We digging a hole and covering it in branches? Do they make Borg nets we can drop as he walks underneath?!"

"I have my reasons, Mr. Hawkins." She continued, taking a moment to let her thoughts settle, "I would like you to work with Lieutenant Quaid to accomplish this, along with the Engineering teams already on board the Sirion. Mr. Peters and Mr. Akios are already working on a plan to separate the Borg drone from the collective so he can be brought over."

"So they free him from the collective then we bag him...?"

The whole idea probably sounded ridiculous, but she'd never be able to live with herself if she didn't try. And Starfleet likely wouldn't be happy if they didn't try to save the Sirion. From what she could tell, it wasn't in too terrible of shape, and there didn't seem to be scores of Borg on board.

Isabel said, "I asked Medical to send along a hypo to put him under once he's separated from the Collective. At that point, a couple of the officers in your team can transport back over to the Malinche with him. I'm hoping the Sentinel's Security team will be on the Sirion and I'll send over more officers as needed to accomplish the task."

?And why are we going on this wild Borg hunt exactly? I mean hell, I enjoy the life threatening danger of tracking and trapping a cyborg killing machine as much as the next man but....? Jack could still see a lot of places this plan could go very badly wrong, the Borg might not take kindly to any attempt the sever this one drone, and neither might the drone, separate from the collective or not he would still be dangerous.

As Isabel considered what to tell Jack, her eyes slid down to her desk and the picture of herself and her husband. Surely her Chief Intelligence Officer knew of what happened...but she had no proof that the Borg in the video transmission was her husband. After a few minutes of silence, her eyes moved back up and met his, "Do you know what happened to my husband?"

?I brushed up on the Senior Staffs personnel files so only what?s included in there really...? Jack was never one of those Intelligence Officers who insisted on making sure he knew all the dirt on a person he could, he didn?t hold personal information in the same esteem as some of his peers.

She nodded, "So you know he was killed during an away mission for the Cheyenne..." Her fingers tapped quietly on the desk, nervous. "Except he didn't...While I was watching the video transmission from the Sirion, I saw him. He must not have actually been killed...assimilated instead...," she let her words hang in the air.

Again, genuine shock found Jack, "Are you sure?"

"I can't be completely sure," Isabel admitted, "At least not until we get him over here... I have a hard time believing it myself...The past few years I thought he was dead and now..."

"I'm sorry..." He paused for an appropriate amount of time, "And you want us to try and rescue him?"

Isabel slowly nodded, "Yes. I have to know if that is Derek...and if it is, I have to try to save him. I know there's a good chance it might not be possible, but I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't try."

Jack paused to consider what to say next, other than the danger and difficulty in the mission, he couldn't help but notice a moral dilemma, "What about the rest of the Borg on the Sirion?"

"I would think that the Sirion crewmembers who've been assimilated would have a better chance of being saved, not that we shouldn't try to save more... If we can isolate more of the assimilated Sirion crew, we could try rescuing them as well. Until we come up with a concrete plan for the others, try to avoid contact with them unless absolutely necessary. Assuming our idea for Derek works, we may be able to modify it to do something about the rest," she replied. Really the only options were to kill them or try to save them. Either one could be dangerous, but perhaps they could still find a way that would decrease the amount of bloodshed.

There were certain things that would get to Jack and for a short time cut through his cynical outer shell, he knew the pain of losing a loved one far too well and decided it best to maintain sincerity for now, ?I?ll see what I can do...?

Isabel looked over at Jack, "Go round up the team and brief Lieutenant Quaid as well. The Engineering team on the Sirion should be ready for you soon. Good luck." So many thoughts were running through her head...what would happen to her assimilated husband, what would they be able to do about the Borg on the Sirion, why hadn't she heard from the Sentinel... The last one at least she could try to ascertain fairly easily.

-----------

A JP by

Captain Isabel Kersare

and
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Sat May 24, 2008 4:10 pm

<<USS Malinche, Ready Room, 1914, Day 3>>

Once Jack left, Isabel stood in place, overwhelmed. So much had happened already and so much was still bound to happen. She couldn't help but wonder if it would turn out in their favor.

She walked over to the viewport and looked out into Nebula, the Sentinel not far from the edge. Parts of the Sirion were just barely vislble through the gas, plasma, and dust. Of course, from this distance little could be ascertained, she'd have to get Communications to establish contact - especially considering the long period of time without contact.

And somewhere within the Nova class vessel was her husband. It was still difficult to wrap her mind around it - she'd spent the past four years believing he was dead and grieving. The thought of Derek (NPC) as a Borg was...unsettling, heartbreaking, and so much more. Isabel was devastated to know that his existence the past years had been reduced to the Collective.

Was there any hope of rescuing him? She hoped so, but it would be foolish to get her hopes too high. Though he hadn't spent the majority of his life as Borg, there had still been plenty of time for the nanoprobes to take over every fiber of his being - to take over the man she knew and loved.

Maybe the actual foolish part was her bringing him aboard the Malinche. Maybe she should just try to forget about him. But deep down she knew she couldn't. Isabel knew that he would rather be dead than Borg. Maybe Medical could perform some form of miracle and give him something of a life back...otherwise she had to be prepared to let him die. How she would do that, she couldn't fathom.

Isabel sighed and turned back. She had a feeling that she would be in need of Nora's services soon...at the very least when or if her husband was brought aboard. For now though, back to work.

The doors swished open as Isabel stepped onto the bridge, "Any word from our Engineering team?"

"Not yet ma'am," Ryan (NPC) replied.

She nodded, "Soon then. Try raising the Sentinel."

Ryan tapped at the console, "Aye Captain. Channel open."

"This is Captain Kersare, Sentinel, what's your status?"

OFF: Tag Sentinel (Also Zeral or Foster, if you're interested in a JP let me know)
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A