Lost And Found (JM with USS Sentinel/Peacekeeper)

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:44 pm

<USS Malinche, just outside CSO Office, MD01, 1546>

Jack figured while he was roaming the ship he should go and check with the security office and try and get hold of any information that might be relevant to Jarans death, he rounded the corridor and was almost run into by the crewman from earlier, still frantically roaming the halls sporting a large ?D? on his chest..

He approached the door and took a breath; he wasn?t sure how Benson would react to his investigating what happened to Jaran so he prepared himself for a confrontation with the hardnosed Chief of Security. He reached out and pressed the door chime then waited for the response.

Kaitala had returned to her office to continue reviewing what little was known about the mission while awaiting a time to meet with Peters about the possible saboteur. She had just curled up in the chair, nursing a warm beverage when the chime sounded. She placed her mug on the surface of her desk, and sneered up at the door.

"Come." She commanded, obviously in no mood to chat.

Jack stood as the door opened, revealing someone who couldn?t have looked less like Benson unless she was Bolian, he immediately turned back out the door to check he had the right room.

?This is the Chief Security Officers Office isn?t it??

Kaitala's eyebrow raised involuntarily as she eyed the man infront of her. Surely he was joking...

"Yes. Can I help you?" her sneer seemed to have faded, only due to curiosity.

?I was looking for Lt. Benson?? Jack said walking into the office, the door shutting behind him.

Her eyebrow lowering, Kaitala cleared her throat slightly. "There is no Lieutenant Benson here."

?Well I can see that?Is he coming back?? Jack walked towards the middle of the room, his eyes drawn to the streaking stars outside, the soft hum of the engines filling the silence.

Kaitala placed her wrists on the cold surface of her desk, interlocking her fingers, "Not that I'm aware of."

?So you?ve replaced him? And you are?? Jack took a seat at the desk.

Kaitala shifted slightly in her own seat. She was hoping this officer would leave after discovering that no Benson was here. "I'm Lieutenant Kaitala. Recently appointed Chief Security and Tactical Officer."

?Lt Hawkins, Jack Hawkins? He extended his hand across the desk, ?Acting Chief Intel Officer?

Kaitala eyed the hand momentarily and shook it briefly, coiling her hand back into her lap.

?Books can be written about that kind of body language? Jack thought to himself, ?Well I came here to ask for Bensons help, I was wondering if he, or now you, could check with whatever contacts you have inside Starfleet Security regarding the murder of LT Jaran??

Kaitala's eyebrow quirked at the word. Murder? Sabotage? What was it that she had got herself into. "Murder?" she queried, having heard nothing of this.

?He was the former conn officer, he lead a mutiny, got court martialled then got killed back on the Starbase while in custody, I can send over what information I have if you want to look it over?? He sat back into the chair.

Kaitala shrugged slightly. She was interested to find out what had happened, but didn't want to seem over eager.

?Shall I take that as a yes Lieutenant??

"I'll look over it, if I have the time." Kaitala remarked casually. The fact was, she seemed to have plenty of time.

Jack looked at the mug Kaitala had been holding when he walked in, ?Oh yeah, you seem rushed off your feet??

Kaitala's eyes narrowed on the man, her jaw tightening. "The same could be said for yourself."

He laughed slightly in response, ?But then I never claimed to be??

Her cold gaze still fixed and unmoving, Kaitala was beginning to lose patience. "Do you often harass fellow officers?"

Jack smiled, ?Everyone needs a hobby...?

Kaitala rolled her eyes and leaned back in her seat. "That's a sad excuse for a hobby."

?Could be worse, I could be a shuttle spotter?, Jack winked at icy security chief.

Kaitala didn't flinch, simply raised an eyebrow as she stared at the Lieutenant.

?You?re not desperately talkative are you Lieutenant??

"Depends on the subject," she responded bluntly. In all honesty, if she was around someone she felt comfortable with, she could be quite chatty; however, she hadn't been that way for years.

Jack put his feet up on the desk, ?So what?s a good subject? Sports, music, literature, the weather?...Though in fairness the latter isn?t really relevant here, unless you really want to discuss the lack of it??

Kaitala glared at the feet, raising a hand off her lap and giving them a hard shove. "How about proper etiquette befitting a Starfleet Officer?"

He laughed at the action, ?How about a sense of humour befitting?well, anyone??

"It takes a lot to make me laugh."

?I can juggle??

"Monkeys can juggle." Kaitala replied, obviously not impressed.

?I know, who do you think taught me?? Jack replied with a smile.

"Relatives?"

?Ex-girlfriend actually?? He looked to side as if recalling a memory, albeit for the sake of a joke, ??always smelt of bananas??

Kaitala rolled her eyes.

?Oh come on, deep down you found that a little funny, somewhere inside your inner child had a chuckle.?

Kaitala lowered her gaze, not wanting to think any of her children, inner or otherwise.

Jack noticed the look and made a mental note to check what nerve he just hit later on, he let the silence hang in the air a while.

"Is there anything else, Lieutenant." Kaitala's eyes remained fixed on her lap.

?No?? He paused before speaking again, ?Just let me know if you get a chance to chase anything up??

"Very well."

Jack rose from his chair and walked to the door, just after he exited he turned back to the security chief still seemingly lost in thought, moments later the door closed?

OFF

A JP by

Lieutenant JG Kaitala
Chief Security / Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC - 38897-B

And
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Starbase 386 Crew

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm

[ON] <USS Sentinel, hall outside anthropology lab, 1615, Day 1>

Bijan(NPC) walked down the corridor and stopped at the anthropology lab's door. He looked at the doors and sighed as he hear the sound of hammering. ?That stupid little thing... I hope nothings broken.?

Bijan stepped into the room and started to float ?WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE GRAVITY? he yelled as he saw what looked like a half size Bajoran Solarsail taking form 2ft above the ground, Nec was on the rightside of the ship hammering away with a sledgehammer his robotic left foot clamped on the hull.

Necroskink looked at Bijan ?save on lifting. Oh yes, yes, yes.? Nec continued batting the nails into the wood. Bijan looked shocked he whispered ?I hate you.? as he swam for the door.

Nec looked at the sad little man as he exited the room then continued building. He sighed ?I don't think I like you either, what do you think Mystery? the cat crawled up onto the hull using it's claws for grip ?but of course you can't tell me that can you, I wish I was a linguist.? he watched for awhile as the cat made it's way around the hull surprisingly able to handle Zero G.

?Ahh, I bet that guy won't tell what I'm doing in here. And of course since no one else has any need to come in hear I can build in peace.?

Nec started to swing again singing ?hi ho... hi ho...?

[OFF]

Ensign Necroskink The Immortal
Anthropologist
USS Sentinel
This is a post by a member of Starbase 386's Crew
http://starbase386.antoniemey.com/

Starbase 386 Crew

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:44 pm

<U.S.S. Sentinel, Chief of Operations Office, 1603, Day 1>

Eyes fixed firmly on the screen and fingers flying over the console, Megan was completely engrossed in her work. During yet another routine analysis of ship?s systems, she had happened upon a slight error in one of the main computer?s sub-processors. It was a minor problem, the resulting slight delay not even noticeable, but Megan was determined to get it fixed. She may not yet feel like a part of the crew, but she refused to allow even the slightest problem to go unsolved, especially during a joint mission.

She had considered contacting her counterpart aboard the Malinche several times now but decided against it each time. She wasn?t one for initiating contact unless it was absolutely necessary, but she had been about to give in when this malfunction had popped up, effectively giving her a way out. And she took it.

She was growing more and more anxious for the briefing and more and more nervous about the dinner to follow. Still, she was glad to be nervous now. It gave her time to get her nerves out and prepare to play the part that was required of her. Still, anything could happen at one of these events, and that?s what worried her most, the inability to prepare. Give her an unexpected fire fight, malfunction, or capture, and she?d take it in stride, but a group of people in a social setting asking her a personal question was an entirely different matter.

?Maybe this malfunction will keep me from attending, or even give me an excuse to leave as soon as possible.? she thought, but as if hearing her thoughts, the jumbled lines of programming seemed to clear before her, causing the problem to light up like a sore thumb. Sighing resignedly, Megan hurried to correct the problem and rewrite the faulty code. She was momentarily tempted to leave it unfixed so she would have to fix it later, but she was too professional to actually do it.

OFF:

Lieutenant Megan Garrett
Chief Operations Officer
USS Sentinel, NCC-74673

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:23 pm

<<USS Malinche, Conference Room, 1622, Day 1>>

Isabel was a bit early for the briefing, but she wanted to be ready. Technically the briefing was going to start at 1600, but due to various circumstances, it had been pushed back a half hour. She'd received a message from the Sentinel's Yeoman, a Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira, about the slight delay.

The door swished open as Britney (NPC) came in with Captain Michael Lansky (NPC) close behind. She walked over to Isabel, "Ma'am, I brought Captain Lansky here for the briefing, and here's the PADD with the additional information."

Isabel smiled, "Thank you Crewman."

"You're welcome, Captain," Britney nodded and left the room.

Turning to Michael, Isabel gestured towards a chair, "Have a seat."

"Thank you, Isabel," he replied, sitting down in a chair on the left. Michael turned to her, "To be honest, I'm a bit surprised StarFleet is sending you out to find the Sirion again..."

Isabel nodded, "Technically it was part of our previous mission; we just weren't able to retrieve her at the time."

"Understandable, considering the circumstances...I'm just wondering if it's worth it." He looked over to her and was quiet a moment before continuing, "We have no idea what kind of shape the Sirion is in."

"I know, but they're our orders, and there is still hope that the ship is more or less intact and that at least some of your crew is alive," Isabel replied.

Michael nodded silently.

Isabel's eyes went to the door as it swished open and her Senior Staff walked in and took a seat. Part of her wondered how they would react to the mission, but at the same time, she also knew they would do their jobs. Her thoughts were interrupted when her comm badge chirped.

"Holtman(NPC) to Kersare. Captain Lange of the USS Sentinel is requesting to begin the joint briefing."

"Patch it through to the Conference room, Ms. Holtman," Isabel replied. She turned and saw Captain Lange with his Senior officers on the viewscreen. There was also a mini-holo image that appeared on the table - she turned to the viewscreen. "Good afternoon Captain Lange, and all those here for the briefing."

Isabel stood now, and did her best to position herself so that both her crew and the Sentinel's could see her. "If everyone could introduce themselves, I'd appreciate it. I'll begin - I am Captain Isabel Kersare, Commanding Officer of the USS Malinche."

For the next eight minutes, the introductions continued. While the Malinche was lacking a Chief Operations Officer, Chief Communications Officer, and Chief Counselor, it seemed the Sentinel was missing a few more key department heads...and one, the Yeoman, had three different duties.

The introductions over, Isabel motioned towards Michael, "Captain Lansky will begin by providing some background information on the USS Sirion."

He nodded at her then spoke, "The Sirion, a Nova class ship, was sent to Direidi to determine the effects of dilithium mining on the planet from 100 years ago. We didn't have a full crew complement - closer to fifty crew. Myself and five of my crewmembers went down to the surface to speak with the planet's government and begin investigations. After a few days, we lost contact with the Sirion and haven't seen her since."

"Thank you Captain Lansky," Isabel said. "Before the Sirion disappeared, they sent a message to StarFleet indicating they had lost contact with Captain Lansky's away team. StarFleet then lost contact with the Sirion and sent the Malinche to find all of them." She paused a moment, then continued, "To get to the point, we found the away team on the surface and brought them back with us. We detected debris, and after investigation we determined that the debris was from the Sirion and also detected a Borg weapons signature. A Borg sphere was detected near the outside range of our long-range scanners, but seemed to be distracted with something else - it never moved any closer to us, and we didn't pursue it as the Malinche was damaged."

Her eyes slowly moved from one person to another, "Our mission is to find the USS Sirion and bring her back with the crew. Now, there have been reports of a Borg Sphere in the area. The USS Dorado and USS Dawes have been sent ahead to investigate the information regarding the Sphere further - we should cross paths with them on our way."

"As we're being sent on a Joint Mission, it would probably be prudent for each department head to coordinate with their counterpart. Questions?" Isabel glanced aroud with her grey-green eyes, waiting for questions.

OFF: Tag Malinche & Sentinel crews! Please feel free to either post your characters' thoughts on the mission/briefing, or to pose questions. If you pose questions that you'd like Lansky or Kersare to answer, please e-mail me at michelle.crook@gmail.com to JP.

Next week we'll be moving things ahead, so if you don't get a response in before then, you'll need to backpost or just move ahead.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Starbase 386 Crew

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:39 pm

<<USS Sentinel, Conference Room, 1625, Day 1>>

Kilana entered the conference room a few minutes before the briefing was to start. A half hour ago, she'd checked the various equipment in the room to make sure there wouldn't be any problems when the time came. The room didn't typically use the viewscreen or mini-holo display, so she thought it would be prudent to ensure they were in working order.

Taking a seat across from a man she didn't recognize, Kilana looked around the room to see who was present. The ones she did know appeared to be there, along with a few she assumed to be crew that had come aboard just before departure. Judging by the uniform color and pips, Kilana guessed the man across from her was the new XO. He seemed somewhat aloof and even his movements reeked of snobbishness - time would tell if that were true.

To her left, Kilana saw a woman in services yellow. As Blake was Chief of Security/Tactical, and she was acting Chief Engineer, she deduced the woman must be the new Chief Operations Officer. Kilana made a mental note to introduce herself after the briefing.

In the back of her mind, she wondered how long the briefing would last... The dinner was later that evening, and while she had already discussed the menu and seating arrangements with the lounge's staff, she still had to check on the progress.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the viewscreen and mini-holo display became active, showing the Malinche's Conference Room and Captain Kersare speaking. As the Malinche crew introduced themselves, Kilana listened closely for their Chief Engineer, a Lieutenant Todd Peters. Most likely she'd be coordinating with him during the mission.

The Sentinel crew began their introductions, and as it finally became her turn, Kilana introduced herself, "I am Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira; Sentinel's Chief of the Boat, Captain's Yeoman, and Acting Chief Engineer."

She noticed Isabel quirk an eyebrow at the long list, and gave a brief nod.

As the introductions concluded, the Sirion CO went into the background information regarding the Sirion. Kilana wondered what exactly happened on the Malinche's last mission, and how the Sirion away team really went missing - it seemed to her that Michael wasn't being totally candid. Then again, they probably didn't want to waste a huge amount of time on background. While that information could prove somewhat important, they really needed current information for their mission.

When Michael finished his portion, Isabel once again took over, providing more information.

Kilana didn't like the sounds of what had happened...especially regarding the Borg. To her, it didn't make sense that the Sphere would just ignore the Malinche, but from what Isabel said, it had done nothing threatening to them, nor seemed to even take note of their presence. Then again, if it was concentrating on assimilating the Sirion's crew, it may have ignored the larger ship for the time being.

Part of her hoped that the Sirion was actually alright, along with her crew, but Kilana couldn't see how that was feasible. If the Borg attacked the ship, it made little sense to then just leave it. Her gut told her that they would be facing the Borg, and that there was probably slim chance of recovering the Sirion.

As the briefing was opened to questions, Kilana sat quietly. While she was curious as to how the whole thing would be coordinated, the main things she was worried about were the Engineering aspects. She would most likely be able to get her answers from Todd, perhaps even some answers about the Malinche's previous mission.

Kilana's mind was swimming with questions... Which ship's engineering department would be trying to get the Sirion back in running condition, or would it be a combination of both? Would they simply tow it back with a tractor beam if those attempts failed? Which ship would tow it? How damaged was the Sirion? If the ship were determined to be un-salvageable, would they still spend weeks sitting around and trying to fix it, fighting off Borg at the same time?

Perhaps she should bring up her questions...some seemed rather relevant to her... She could always talk to James after the briefing though - surely he'd have an idea about some of them. For the time being though, she decided to sit back and see if anyone else would raise questions.

OFF:

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Captain's Yeoman, Chief of the Boat, Acting CEO
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Starbase 386 Crew

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:43 pm

<U.S.S. Sentinel, Conference Room, 1630, Day 1>

Megan paid as close attention to her own ship?s introductions as she did the other ship?s. It was nice to put an in-person face and impression with the record. She was already familiar with Captain Lange, Lieutenant Monroe, and Lieutenant Daggerd, as they had been on the bridge, but this was her first time seeing the others in person at all. Still, their introductions had helped her get a good first impression of each of them, and for that she was grateful.

When it came her turn, she pulled her thoughts and emotions together ?I?m Lieutenant Megan Garrett, and I?m the Sentinel?s Chief of Operations and Second Officer.? she calmly introduced herself. Short, sweet, to the point, just like everyone else?s had been; simple enough.

When the other ship?s introductions began, she listened carefully to learn who her operations counterpart was, but none emerged. Apparently, her concern earlier about whether or not to contact him or her had been moot, as he or she didn?t even exist. Still, she wondered who, if anyone, she was supposed to be in contact with instead. She?d just wait and see if she was told to work with anyone.

Once the informational part of the briefing began, Megan fixed her attention firmly on the two Captains. The information they were giving was basic, vague, but not so vague as to draw suspicion, but definitely not as detailed as would have been preferred. She wasn?t sure if this was because they didn?t have anymore information or if it was because they weren?t sharing everything they knew.

A missing ship and the Borg didn?t exactly make for a standard, run of the mill mission. At the mere mention of the Borg, Megan?s mind began to race with all the work she?d need to do. If there was ever a time for accepting standard output from all systems, when facing the Borg was not one of those times. She needed to get all systems in better than tip-top shape and fast.

Once the briefing opened to questions, Megan realized she didn?t have any that they appeared able, or perhaps willing, to answer. She did wonder who she should work with, but phrasing that question could get her working with someone she didn?t really need to be working with just for the sake of cooperation and to give her someone to work with. And that was the last thing she wanted.

Still, even though she could think of nothing to ask perhaps someone else would.

OFF:

Lieutenant Megan Garrett
Chief Operations Officer
USS Sentinel, NCC-74673

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:49 am

Just a backpost here...

<<Corridors, 1534 hours, Day One, USS Malinche>>

Hungry as a she'd ever been before, Yrel was making tracks for the mess hall. Alpha shift was over with, and she was starving. Thoughts of various foodstuffs danced in her head, all equally appealling to her right now...regardless of nutritional value. At this point, at least today, she didn't care.

In her hand was the mostly complete reply to her former co-worker's message. She had been carefully working on it as she could, trying to mix a discreet request to be involved through a heavy lacing of complimentary seduction. There was really no reason to believe the little pervert would turn her down, but there was no point risking such a breakthrough in science, as much in the medical field as it was.

?I?ll stop by later to take you up on that offer!? A certain red head exclaimed on her way out the door of the sick bay. She was off duty and feeling good about the rest of her day. Lynn paused for a second as her companion and fellow resident of the sickbay, Nurse Chelsie (NPC) followed. ?And I hear we are going to have some sort of meeting with the crew.?Lynn looked only mildly interested at the news.

? So?you?re saying we?re working with another ship then?? Chelsie leaned over and made a light smacking motion with her hand to the side of her own head.
Lynn ignored the motion, just smiling at the woman.

?Enough gossip. My stomach craves sustenance and heaven help the poor soul who stands in its way.? The doctor twittered, their journey through the corridors of the ship coming to a close. There were others in the hall, each going some place or another, one woman in particular looking familiar. Lynn recognized her as Yrel, the officer she had been introduced to when first coming aboard. Her green eyes watched Yrel for a second, wondering if the science officer would recognize her.

She bumped shoulders with a petty officer as she was distracted her work, and apologized. The kid seemed lost, and was decorated with a "D" on his chest, oddly enough. He carried on his way, and Yrel was left with a small dose of curiosity.

Shaking her head, she moved on, but didn't get two steps in before she was overcome again with a wave of rapidly spinning dizziness. The corridor walls melted and spun in both direction, making a mess of the wall above and the deck below. She tried to look around but it was same all around her. Her balance gave way, and she slammed into the side wall, crumpling to her feet fast.

Lynn was quick to act, her slow gait turning into a spry jog. ?Mam?? Can you hear me? Miss Yrel?? She didn?t want to bombard the officer with questions, but instincts had taken over. ?Are you alright? Is there any pain?? Chelsie was kneeling by looking concerned and inquired:

?I?ll have a lift brought down here?? Lynn nodded her head waiting for an answer from Yrel.

Yrel was trying to sort through the tens of copies of what sounded like only two women. The spinning hand't stopped, and her stomach throbbed with a deep sharp pain, wrenching out a groan from her lips as she squeezed her eyes shut to avoid the melting corridors, and grabbed around for something of comfortable support. There were more words exchanges, but Yrel's hearing was going, the sound meshing into an inaudible mess.

Struck by a sudden though, the young medical officer looked around. ?Scratch that. The ship should have an emergency Med kit around here?? Aftering hearing Yrel moan and seeing the look of obvious discomfort, Lynn held an arm out to brace her.

The terrible swirl of a strom was finally beginning to subside, and things were sorting themselves out. Sound capability formed up, and then she could the ground around her stop spinning.

For some odd reason, a saying popped into her head, a passing thought that seemed strangely appropriate. ?A days work never done?? She smiled and pushed the thought aside once more. Chelsie arrived back after a quick search and produced a greatly desired tricorder then departed once more to find an anti grav lift. Taking a moment to scan, Lynn gave a quick thanks to no one in particular to the wonder of modern medicine. When the screen started to produce an analysis the Irish lass went very quiet. She looked down at Yrel with a look of question.

?She?s Pregnant.?? Lynn stated very softly and slowly. There was something she hadn?t expected.

"Yeah, well, shit happens," she grumbled, opening her eyes to see Lynn there. "Ensign Quarterstaff, we meet again." She tried to feign a smile, but it was so utterly terrible given the circumstances of going through a blitzkrieg of pregnancy introductions.

?I?m glad you remember me, Lieutenant?let?s put your back against the wall here.? Lynn coaxed, looking a little more relaxed now that she had discovered why it was a person was randomly collapsing in the hall. ?Take a minute or two to recover ma?m. I?m thinking you are just suffering from pregnancy sickness.? The red head smiled back, thinking it silly to be telling Yrel what was probably obvious. ? I?m guessing you knew then.?

Yrel nodded and let out a long breath as she eased her back against the wall. The flash moment had passed her by, as quick and intense as it was. "I was the only doctor back home for a long time. I know all about Ba'Ku pregnancies. But, as usual, it's never quite the same in trying to deal with it when it happens to you. Not to mention all the randomness that comes with adding a different half of DNA into the mix." Yrel let out a genuine chuckle. "Damn Humans..."

A smile worked its way on to Lynn?s lips and she chuckled. ?I can only imagine how this must feel for you?Your right, text books can only get you so far.? She touched the scanner in her hand and went quiet for a second as she made sure Miss Sovereign would be alright.

?Does any one know about your? ah? situation Miss?? Lynn was a little embarrassed to have to ask the question so delicately, but she really had no other way of doing so. Lynn grinned brightly as she stared down at the scanner once more and restated her question for Yrel. ?Does any one onboard know about your twins??

Yrel was about ready to answer the first question with Lynn had rephrased it. Instead she stopped dead and sputtered. "T-twins? It's twins?" She wasn't quite sure how to react of all a sudden. That was a shock ever for her, and she wanted the kids in the first place. Twins. "Wow..." she smiled again.

The doctor wanted to hug and squeeze and gush about babies with the resident science officer, but to do so would be very unprofessional. She thought of one more question. It seemed so intrusive, but Lynn had to ask. ?If you don?t mind? Who?s the father??

"Dr. Fairbairn." Yrel stated simply. "But he doesn't know, and he won't, okay? This is official doctor-patient confidentiality."

Nodding, Lynn began to get to her feet, offering a hand to Lt. Sovereign. Yrel took the hand and was heaved to her feet, pausing to make sure she was stable. She looked around and was ready to return on her trip for the mess hall before the mission briefing.

"See you later, Lynn," Yrel waved and headed off.

OFF:
JP by
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Assistant Cheif Medical Officer
USS Malinche-B

and
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:24 pm

<<USS Malinche, Conference Room, 1624, Day 1>>

Cameron Fairbairn sat quietly and contentedly as best he could whilst both Captain Kersare and Captain Lansky gave their basic conception of the mission that was to follow both vessels. As usual his mind wandered with his gaze as he blatantly ignored the formalities and the fathering sense of concern for the senior officers around him slowly began to take over. He watched Isabel for a long time, feeling sorrowful and almost sympathetic. She was tough when she wanted to be and most who knew her personally could see the steel in the rose however death was a miscommon carriage of thought for her and Cam could always see the hurt in her eyes.

He sighed quietly and found his eyes finding Captain Lanskywho was speaking, a rough looking man. Attractive nevertheless however he looked worn by command. Experienced and well-kempt. Finally he turned to their own senior staff and caught the profile of the one person who truly was on his mind for the time being. He even risked a brief smile to cross his lips as he gazed but it faded before anyone else could really take notice.

She looked tired which he found difficult to grasp. Somehow Yrel managed to always look her best but hey every now and then maybe a girl's got to have an off day. There was definitely something about her eyes that gave off signs of a lack of sleep, she had an arm folded gently across her stomach which probably suggested any kind of sickness. The urge to stand up, walk over and hug her was over-powering. He could picture himself whisking her from the seat and calmly taking her back to his quarters where...well...it was an obvious to flick through his psyche. Right now he was intensely worried for her, she hadn't contacted him recently either and with his mind wandering on Chief Tupalov and the rest of the sickies who had suffered abuse at his hands, he hadn't thought of contacting her himself. After the meeting, he reckoned, that way he could corner her for dinner.

<snip>

"As we're being sent on a Joint Mission, it would probably be prudent for each department head to coordinate with their counterpart. Questions?" Isabel glanced aroud with her grey-green eyes, waiting for questions.

<snip>

At this the Doctor snapped up immediately, cleaing his throat before speaking. He had that question on his tongue that every chief medical officer should in this situation. "Do we expect to find any survivors at all?" He asked wearily, his accent a little thicker than usual.
Doctor (Lt.) Cameron Fairbairn
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.

Akios
Crewmember

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:46 am

[OOC: All persons other than Akios are NPCs]

ON:

<USS Malinche, Mess Hall, 1630, MD01>

Although the ship had operated smoothly, there were always a hundred little things that came up after drydock repairs that didn't show up until a ship was at warp. None of them were serious, but they were enough to keep the engineering staff busy.

Ens. Akios had been in and out of Engineering all afternoon. Lt. C'eltor had been spending time with him, training him on the intricacies of the Promethius class warp core and quad nacelle systems. They were, without a doubt, the most complex systems he'd ever worked on, and that was saying something. He'd had the chance to work on the variable geometry system of the Intrepid class and the compression system of the Defiant, and during his years at the Academy he'd been lucky enough to spend a few months at Utopia Planitia on field assignments. C'eltor had been right--they'd taken everything that had been learned on previous quad nacelle systems like the Constellation class, built a warp core that was, in concept, two Defiant class warp cores stacked vertically, and done some brilliant engineering to work out all the kinks that that had introduced, while coming up with a hull geometry that was warp efficient whether it was complete or divided into three sections.

He hoped he would be able to keep this assignment longer than his previous ones. Much longer. He was sure that there were things the Prometheus class could do that hadn't been thought of yet, even though the class had been in service for years. He wanted to be one of the ones making those discoveries.

Things finally started to settle down to a normal operational pace in the late afternoon, and Lt. C'eltor authorized several of the junior officers to take an early dinner break during the senior staff meeting. Turuas'ta had asked to work an extra shift in Main Engineering for training, so he was one of the ones who went.

"You're not really going to eat all that, are you?" Ens. Hackerson asked him when he set down his overloaded tray. Despite the time being early for dinner, the mess hall was crowded. From snatches of conversation Akios overheard, it seemed the other departments had been keeping busy as well. Some of the officers were having a late lunch, not dinner. Luckily the junior engineers had managed to grab a table as it was vacated, though it meant that six of them were seated at a table meant for four.

"I have a rapid metabolism and not much body fat," the aurelian said to her, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a large transparent vial nearly full of a green goo. "If we'd gone much longer without a real break, I would've had to get into this nutrient gel, and I really hate the taste of it."

A hand reached over from the next table and snatched the vial from his hand. He looked over and saw an unfamiliar vulcan in medical teal.

"This is intended for infusion," the vulcan medical officer said, "not ingestion. For that matter, you should not be self-administering it. It is not a meal replacement."

"I'm Turuas'ta Akios," the aurelian said, and quickly snatched the vial back. "And this," he indicated the vial, "is a better match for my metabolic needs than the standard Starfleet meal replacement packs and rations. Besides, I only use it in emergencies." There were some surprised noises from Akios's table when he took back the vial. Aurelians were able to move much more quickly than humans in short bursts, and this was the first time any of them had seen it firsthand.

The vulcan looked at his empty hand, furrowed his brow, and then extended the hand. "I am Lieutenant Junior Grade Sanak."

Though he was a bit surprised at the human gesture, Akios took the extended hand and shook it.

"And I note," the vulcan continued, not releasing his hand, "that you have stress bars in your plumage. Your pulse and body temperature appear normal, your eyes are clear, and your crest response seems normal; however, lack of rest, poor nutrition, and excessive work would be contributing factors that would not necessarily be apparent in a cursory examination. You have not visited sickbay since coming aboard the Malinche." The vulcan finally released his grip on Akios's hand.

Turuas'ta used his freed hand to smooth his crest back down, and then slipped the nutrient vial back into his jacket. "I was made ACEO on my first assignment out of Academy, and I was overwhelmed. I don't expect the condition to persist after my next molt. You have experience in Aurelian physiology?"

"During my senior year, there was an aurelian in the freshman medical class. I tutored him, and it gave me the opportunity to learn firsthand."

The other medical officers at Sanak's table got up then to take their trays back to the replicator, and with a curt nod to Akios, Sanak joined them.

"Nice moves there, Turu," Fields said from the other end of the table, drawing Akios's attention back, "but if you're not able to eat at warp speed too, I don't think you're going to finish all that."

"Don't worry about me," Akios said. He was about to tuck in when a thought struck him. "Wait a minute, I think that was my brother he was talking about..." One of Turuas'ta's brothers, Kal'lital, was a Starfleet medical officer who had been one year ahead of him in the Academy. Akios didn't remember Kal mentioning being tutored by a vulcan in his first year, but then, Akios had been busy preparing for the Academy entrance exams while also looking after his wife and one-year-old children, so he could have missed it. He'd have to look at it later. For now, he had to concentrate on eating his lunch.

"You'll never guess," Hackerson said, leaning over the table and lowering her voice, "who came aboard ship before we left spacedock.

"The Vulcan Special Envoy to Ferenginar?" Fields asked with a laugh.

Hackerson gave him a pained look and continued. "Captain Lansky and the rest of the Sirion team."

"Crap," Williams said. Ens. Williams was a man of few words, but Akios had learned that he always spoke clearly and to the point, which meant that the rest of the conversation was going to be interesting.

Akios was just glad the rumor-mongering had died down once they'd left spacedock. He had no problem with gossip when it contained a good bit of meat, but rampant speculation left him cold.

"Please tell me we're not going back to Direidi," Fields grumbled, throwing his napkin down on his tray.

"Well I don't care what you think, I like the place," Melat said. Ens. Melat was a bolian, and the only other nonhuman at the table after Akios.

"Wait," Akios interrupted, "are you telling me you've been to Direidi?" Akios had heard of the world, though not since he was a child. He'd sat in on the private tutoring his eldest brothers and older sister had received while being trained as diplomats, and it seemed like every time the tutor gave an example of bizarre diplomatic behavior, the culprits had been "the ambassador from Direidi" or "the visiting dignitaries from Direidi" or someone else from that planet. Akios didn't know whether the examples had been real or made up by the tutor, but he'd found out that that planet was real, and had gained the lasting impression that everyone there had to be crazy.

"Our last mission," Fields said with a scowl. "One that I'd rather forget."

"I only heard a little about that. None of you wanted to talk about it."

"Well," Hackerson said, "now that the courtmartial's over I guess there's no reason not to talk now. Though a bunch of engineers probably aren't the best ones to ask..."

She and the others began telling Akios what they knew of the events that had transpired, beginning with the disappearance of the Sirion, and adding in everything else they'd heard.

OFF:
Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Peters
Senior Staff

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:51 pm

ON: <USS Malinche, Conference Room, 1545>

Peters walked into the conference lounge and looked around. Good, there was no one here to interfere with his tests on the communications systems. The joint meeting would need both crews to be able to see each other in full detail, which pretty much meant using the not-often used Holographic communications technology that Starfleet had developed shortly before the Dominion War began. As a backup they'd have normal visual transmissions on the conference lounge's display screens.

And all that meant that Peters needed to make sure the Malinche's holo-comm system was working properly. And he had to make sure that the normal comm system and all the display panels were working better than perfectly, since they were the backup system. If everything was working properly, he'd be done in 5 minutes. If there were a few bugs, he should still get done in time for the meeting to start.

Setting his tool kit on the table, Peters tapped a command into the nearest display panel. All the displays in the room came on and started showing lines of code that indicated they were running through a test process. That was the first part of the tests done. All the displays were working.

"Computer," Peters said, "Open a holo-comm channel to subspace relay station... 47. Begin Holographic Communications System test program Alpha."

The computer bleeped in acknowledgment, then a panel slid open in the center of the table and a series of images began appearing on and above the table. Peters watched the stream of still and moving images as they cycled. Everything was looking good. He was about to shut the test down when he noticed an odd flicker in the images that seemed to be getting worse.

"Great..." Peters muttered to himself, "a misaligned projector unit." Looking at his chronometer, Peters winced. He barely had enough time to re-align the holo-projector in the table. He'd have to have the computer run the standard comm system test simultaneously.

With a sigh, Peters popped open his equipment case and pulled out a spanner. He'd better get to work.

OFF:
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:52 pm

ON: <<USS Malinche, Environmental Control, 1626, Day 1>>

Marco stepped further into the room after the doors closed behind him. Now alone, he allowed himself to double over in pain after leaving the PO's in the gym sweating it out for what Marco wanted to be another good hour yet.

He'd kept a brave face on, but he was getting too old for beastings.

Marco checked the chronometer on the main console, he should really have been in the briefing, but sod them - it was officers to deliberate on the course of action, and for him to make that course happen. Starfleet was run by Chiefs after all. Besides, being absent gave him the perfect oppurtunity to execute his next anti-Hawkins move.

Marco tapped his comm badge, opening a live comm channel. "Computer, state time" His Russian voice ordered, though he could have just demanded the time without actually hailing the computer it was necessary for his plan to work.

The computer obeyed, before it could finish Marco cut in

"-Pause reading"

The Computers voice stopped just before the minute was read out.

"Computer, insert comm badge, Leftenant Junior Grade Hakwins, into transmission."

The computer chirped a response, letting him know it was now a three way hail between Hawkins, Marco and the computer.

"Computer reset time request." Another chirp. "Remove Chief Petter Officer Marco Tupalov from transmission, and re-send" he ordered, with a smile creeping across his face.

He knew, if it had worked and he was by no means an engineer or a tinkerer, but if it had - at the same time the computer chirped again, Hawkins comm badge would go off - and when he tapped it, it would be just like the computer had hailed him to tell him the time.

"Considerate old girl, you are" he said, looking at the console and speaking to the computer in his own way.

OFF
Warrant Officer First Class Marco Tupalov
Chief Flight Control Officer
U.S.S Malinche

Starbase 386 Crew

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 pm

ON: < USS Sentinel - Conference Room ? 1625hours ? Mission Day 1 >

By this time the joint staff meeting between the senior staff of both the USS Sentinel and the USS Malinche was just getting under way. As usual Blake had arrived early enough to get a good place but not early enough that he was the first person to arrive.

Blake sat back in his chair waiting for either the meeting to begin or someone to come along to strike up a conversation with eh thought back to the USS Sentinels previous joint mission, which seemed like it had occurred years ago. At that point Blake was fresh aboard the Sentinel and to be frank had far less practical experience than he had gained in his last mission. Blake also found it interesting to think how much the ship had changed as the Sentinel had a different bridge section, Captain Lange was still a Commodore, and nearly the entire senior staff was different.

?Ahh? the good old days? he thought to himself amusingly. Everything seemed to be quieter back then, of course the crew of that time was far less ?lively? he thought to himself.

At that point Blake snapped out of his thoughts as he realized introductions had begun and he really needed to pay attention. When it came his turn to speak up Blake sat up in his chair and spoke ?Greeting, Lieutenant Blake Daggerd Chief Security/Tactical officer of the USS Sentinel.? He directed his introductions to the people he did not recognize as their were such faces from both of the ships.

As the wave of introductions circled by Blake paid close attention because he found the manner in which people introduced themselves was a good sampling of their personality. He also made sure to find his counterpart from the Malinche who he planned to contact following the meeting.

OFF:

BY

Lieutenant JG Blake Daggerd
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:42 pm

<<USS Malinche, Conference Room, 1701, Day 1>>

Waiting patiently for questions, Isabel turned as she heard one of her crewmembers clear his throat. It was Cameron. She listened to the question; he sounded a bit more tired or perhaps exhausted than usual...

As she considered a response, her eyes met with Michael's (NPC). There seemed to be a faint glimmer of hope marred by despair. Though she hadn't seen him in a few years until recently, she could still read into his gestures. He didn't expect to see any of his crew.

Honestly, Isabel couldn't really blame him. They both knew that it was fairly likely that the Sirion was overrun with Borg and the crew assimilated.

For awhile after her husband had been killed, Isabel still kept hope that perhaps he wasn't really dead. After all, no body had ever been brought back - there'd been no time. It took some time for her to accept that he was truly gone, and perhaps if she hadn't held onto that hope, it would've been a little easier for her.

However, in the context of their mission, they had to be prepared for anything. They had to assume that anything could happen at any time.

The thoughts raced through her head quickly - being a Commanding Officer and her own personal experiences had taught her these things, they were ingrained into her.

A few moments after locking eyes with Michael, Isabel spoke, still mostly facing Cameron, but also in a position to address everyone, "In this mission, we have to be ready for anything.... There may be survivors, there may not - we have to be prepared either way. Operations, Medical, Counseling, and Security/Tactical departments will have to be ready no matter what we find. Even if we don't find survivors, at least Medical and Counseling would need to be prepared to treat a higher volume of injuries - especially since we'll be dealing with the Borg."

Isabel looked from one crewmember to another, on both ships. At least a few seemed to be considering the information and thinking about the various consequences and possibilities. Some looked like they had questions, but were a bit hesitant to bring them up.

"Anyone else?"

<<7 minutes later>>

Answering the last of the questions, Isabel nodded to them, "I believe that's it. If anyone else has other questions or concerns, please bring them up to myself, Captain Lansky, or Captain Lange. Thank you and good luck."

As the officers started filing out of the room and the transmission between the ships was closed, Isabel sighed. Unless someone had forgotten to tell her, she no longer had a Chief Operations Officer or Chief Counselor.... Two positions she certainly wanted to have filled during this mission in particular. For that matter, she'd have to have one of the other counselors start sessions with Marco; he'd probably try to get out of it. He hadn't been at the briefing either, though in truth she didn't fully expect him to considering his feelings towards officers.

She sank down into a chair. Hopefully the two ships would be able to work together and complete the mission. Though Isabel didn't feel it would be a problem, the whole mission in general had her rather unsettled. For her crew though, and for James and Michael, she would keep her head up and do her best to be prepared.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Peters
Senior Staff

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:57 pm

ON: <USS Malinche Conference Lounge & USS Sentinel Conference Lounge, 1703, Day 1>

"Anyone else?"

Peters motioned with his hand and saw the gazes of all three captains, as well as most of the other officers, drift his way. "I'm wondering what priority Starfleet has placed on salvaging the Sirion, at what point we would give up on salvaging the ship, and what measures will be taken to ensure the Sirion doesn't fall into enemy hands?"

Isabel waited calmly as Todd posed his question. It was one she'd thought about as well. "We are to put every effort into salvaging the Sirion as possible, but not at the expense of large loss of life. The greater concern is dealing with the Borg and rescuing any survivors. If all options are exhausted, we have authorization to destroy the Sirion to prevent it from falling into enemy hands."

"We should put together a skeleton crew of Malinche and Sentinel crewmembers in case we do find a salvagable ship. With the Borg threat apparent I wouldn't like to leave one ship undercrewed, the most logical option would be to have experienced crewmembers from both ships." Quaid had been a key player in several salvage operations during his time with SSWAT. If he could, he would willingly lead a small team and bring the Sirion back.

"A prudent suggestion," Lange said. "We should also include at least some of the surviving Sirion crew as they would know the ship better than anyone on either ship. Given the nature of our enemy, I would suggest sending a sizable security contingent along if there's any evidence whatsoever of Borg presence on, or near, the Sirion."

Kilana looked at James as he spoke. It was a reasonable suggestion, though she felt he'd missed something... "We'll also need a group of engineers; the Sirion's most certainly damaged, though we won't know to what extent until we see it. We wouldn't need to get everything fixed, but at least the vital systems should be functioning properly."

Peters nodded. "I have several personnel in my department that are extremely talented at field repair work."

"I've done my share as well. We have some good engineers on the Sentinel," Kilana smiled. "I'm sure we could come up with a good group between the two of us."

"With your permission sir, ma'am,"Quaid looked to Lange and Kersare respectively. "I have some holodeck simulations involving the Borg which we used during SSWAT training which I think whatever security personnel you send could benefit from."

Isabel nodded, "Thank you, Lieutenant. Perhaps after the meeting you could discuss the simulations with Ms. Kaitala and Mr. Daggerd?"

"Sure thing," Quaid replied. He knew he'd maybe spend most of his time at the helm of the Malinche but he'd gotten a taste of what it was like to go up against the Borg and he knew full well that they needed to prepare for any eventuality.

Lange looked around the table, and around the holographic representation of the Malinche's table. "I want to make sure everyone remembers that where the Borg are concerned we can take nothing for granted. We will be staying at Yellow Alert for the duration of this mission. The Nova class isn't exactly a ship of the line, but it's also new enough that we don't want just anyone taking a peek at its systems."

Nodding, Kilana considered what James had said. The Borg were dangerous enough without giving them more information on Federation technology. "How exactly will we be coordinating the ships? Will one more or less be on lookout while the other concentrates on the Sirion, or will we both be dividing our attentions?"

"I would say that, aside from the teams being sent over to check and salvage the Sirion, both the Malinche and the Sentinel will have their primary attention on scanning for Borg and possible survivors in escape pods." Lange looked to Kersare. "Your thoughts, Captain?"

Isabel nodded, "Exactly. If we're lucky, we may find some survivors in escape pods on our way to the Sirion, but at this point I'd assume there would be some on the Sirion herself as well. Also, should we find ourselves in a combat situation, the Malinche will be taking the lead. In that case, MVAM may be utilized - anyone on my ship should brush up on MVAM procedures just in case."

"I've been well trained in Multi-Vector Assault Mode Captain, again... I think holodeck simulations are in order for those that need it and perhaps an actual field test may be required," Quaid replied. "We may need to go to MVAM while we're at warp so we should prepare for that also."

"I'll have Engineering run some simulations and drills first thing in the morning," Peters said. "I'd be willing to host some of the Sentinel's Engineering crew to see how Multi-Vector Assault Mode works when we run the drills."

"I'll get a small group together, just let me know what time we should be ready to beam over," Kilana replied, smiling. She hadn't had the opportunity to work on a Prometheus class, though she'd certainly heard of MVAM. It would be interesting to know more about it.

"We should try and limit the number of times we're beaming to and from each others ships... we all know how dangerous that could be. I suggest we draw up a schedule," Quaid noted. "Not only does it waste our energy reserves but the energy emissions light us up like a christmas tree... the Borg will see us coming lightyears away."

Lange couldn't resist putting a little humor into the situation. "If we're lucky, they'll think we have Admiral Janeway with us and run the other way."

Quaid's eyes narrowed for a moment following Lange's comment. ~Has he ever read a report on the Borg?~ he asked himself silently.

"With all due respect sir, this isn't a time for jokes. We all know what happened at Wolf 359 & at the Battle of Typhon," Quaid spoke up. "People think that if they survived the Dominion War, they can handle anything... well they're wrong. It may have been simulated, but I've been up against the Borg, I've felt their hands at my throat as they injected me with nanoprobes... there's no room for error here."

Lange quirked a brow. "Lieutenant, I would expect a seasoned veteran like yourself to have learned the value of humor in easing tension. At any rate, I believe we've covered all the major parts of the preparations for salvaging theship and possibly encountering the Borg. For finer details, I'd recommend that the department heads on each ship confer with their counterparts."

Deciding to leave out any mention of James' comment and Jacob's response, Isabel nodded, "Agreed. Is there anything else?

"How many phasers will you want me to work with Security to modify?" Peters asked, suddenly remembering the only effective weapon to be had against the Borg.

"I recommend that everyone carries a phaser at all times. I've learned some tricks in rotating frequencies that might give us a few shots but knowing the Borg, they'll adapt quickly," Quaid replied. "I recommend the hand units take priority as more people are certified to use them."

Isabel quirked an eyebrow. She was beginning to wonder if Starfleet had actually sent her a pilot. To actually answer Todd's question, Isabel replied, "As many as you can, Mr. Peters."

Peters nodded in reply. He made a note to get with Lt Kaitala after the dinner to get a team assigned to modifying phasers.

Answering the last of the questions, Isabel nodded to them, "I believe that's it. If anyone else has other questions or concerns, please bring them up to myself, Captain Lansky, or Captain Lange. Thank you and good luck."

OFF:

A JP By:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Captain James Lange
Commanding Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673

Lieutenant Jacob Quaid
Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Chief Petty Officer Kilana Nira
Chief of the Boat, Captain's Yeoman, & Acting Chief Engineering Officer
USS Sentinel NCC-74673
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 am

<<Corridors, 1726 hours, Day One, USS Malinche>>

The bright side was that the two crews were getting along and working well together so far. That last exchange between the two crews showed a shinning potential about the ability and thoughts that the two crews could offer each other. Not the mention the questions asked as a whole took care of most of the ground rules for this nasty assignment. Of course, there was a lot of "what ifs" going on, which seemed like it could be a problem having to rely on the combined efforts to make fast decisions that would be effective for the cause.

Yrel didn't want to dampen the meeting, but she really doubted the Sirion was in one piece. Or at least, one recognisably Starfleet piece... There was no reason for the Borg not to openly acquire the ship into their collective use. This despite the fact that the Borg Sphere she had to deal with back at Direidi didn't attack the Malinche was a bit unnerving as to the intent and function of the Borg, but there were still other likely reasons for what happened to still fit within the known personality of the Borg. Not assimilating a ship that could provide valuable information about the UFP...no excuse for that.

Now, her job as a either Science Officer or Second Officer was a bit questionable here. Neither seemed particularly viable here, not right now. If the Sirion can be recovered, that was all security and engineering's problem. Manning it wouldn't be hard either, given the fact that there were three captains and three commanders about between the two ships. So otherwise, Yrel was on the sidelines. Most anything she could contribute to in terms of science was already dealt with mostly by medical staff. Anything other than that, security and engineering.

So, unless the situation changed, Yrel would be mostly mingling on her reply to the pervert and the coming turbulences of a pregnancy of twins. Of that, the latter being the most pressing. She got what she wanted now, kids. Twins was certainly a shock, and a foreseeable headache post-birth. She'd have to look into crew members who'd make good help in child care.

"If anyone around here is even gonna be available for that," she mulled. Officers typically only ever focused on their duties, and asking for help seemed a bit pushing it. "Then I hope Cameron is up for the job as much as I am..."
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B