Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Vosh
Junior Staff

Re: Mission 17 - Inferno's Light

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<Trace’s Quarters, 1545, Day 14>

After being cleared from the quarantine by Adam (NPC) and the other medical personnel; Trace made his way to the sickbay on the Alpha section. When he arrived he was told that Ryan (NPC) had been put into stasis so that the Vulcan that they had found on the abandoned Klingon ship and the LMH could work on a cure for the disease that Ryan had gotten while on the Klingon ship. Trace wanted to desperately see Ryan; mainly because he promised him that things were going to be ok. Although he wasn’t very close with anyone yet he certainly did like Ryan’s company and they were moving more toward a friendship then just co-workers.

Trace had headed back to his quarters, feeling worse then ever. He had intended to return to the bridge to help with the left over repairs but realized that he hadn’t showered or changed since getting back…other then the mandatory one. Both Aaron and Captain Kersare insisted that he do so before returning to work. He had a feeling that Aaron knew what he was going through but neither one of them really had the luxury of sitting down and talking about it now, especially not with the other two ships out there.

There was something puzzling about the Vulcan, Trace was fixating on that even as he entered his quarters. He headed to the bathroom, stripping off his uniform and turning the sonic shower to just a normal shower, heating the temperature up to what some people might consider scalding. Trace took a good look at himself in the mirror, he had a few minor bruises but for the most part he was unmarred. He was a fine physical specimen, hard muscle that was contoured nicely beneath the tanned skin.

But even with that going for him, Trace was struck by the fact that he was alone. With the exception of his last host; the Vosh symbiont was typically involved in long term romantic relationships, with both men and women. It wasn’t that Trace didn’t have relationships; they just never seemed to pan out. There was that Bolian girl that he had a rendezvous with before the Malinche left…

Trace shook his head as he stepped under the hot spray, feeling it wash away some of the tension that had been growing across his shoulders and back. He briefly thought about heading to Adam and Jason’s quarters to see if Adam was available, from what Trace understood Adam had taken several reflexology and massage quarters while at the academy. Trace quickly dismissed the idea though, realizing that he would no doubt have his hands full and even if he didn’t he would want to spend some time with his family.

Family.

Trace had never given much thought to that aspect, at least not until now. All he could do was replay the conversation Ryan had with him about his new girlfriend, soon to be fiancé. The very thought of having to tell her that he wasn’t coming back was enough to make his stomach do flip flops. He took a deep breath, inhaling the steam and using a Vulcan calming technique that his last host used a lot to cool her temper. After staying under the spray until his skin was hot, Trace stepped out and got dressed.

He moved to his desk and called up the Federation database, amazingly enough the connection was still pretty good and seemed to be running at an ok speed; apparently both Peters and Summers (NPC) were back to working their miracles. The Vulcan had called himself Setak, not a name that Trace knew by any means. Looking at his watch and deciding that he still had a few minutes to spare, he went looking for the man that infected his friend and that would incur his wrath if he couldn’t find a cure.

OFF:
Ensign Trace Vosh
Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<Barrett/Townsen Quarters, 1600, Day 14>

Jason stepped out of the shower; the steam had clouded over the mirror. Jason swept his hand across it, clearing away the moisture so that he could see a reflection of himself. He looked a lot better then he felt and had to resist the urge to call sickbay time and time again to get the status of Ryan (NPC) and if Setak and the LMH were making any head way in finding a way stop the virus that Ryan had been infected with.

Jason sighed heavily; it was never easy to have someone under your command get injured. A few years ago he would have blamed himself for what happened but thanks to his experiences with the Maran Navy and more importantly his time under Captain Kersare’s command, he knew that he couldn’t do that. Blaming himself for what happened wouldn’t be of any use; it wouldn’t get Setak and the LMH to find a cure for what happened to Ryan.

No, it was far better to use his energy to concentrate on what he could fix. And at the moment there was a list that was pretty long, Todd and Joey (NPC) were doing their best and Jason was impressed with the amount of progress that they had made so far. Hopefully, the Beta section would be totally up and running again in a few hours.

The door to the bathroom opened and Adam (PNPC) walked in. He looked like hell, although it shouldn’t surprise him. He had spent the majority of his time in sickbay, working around the clock to make sure that the injured were all cared for. He had also barely slept and looked like he could use a hot shower as well.

“Hey you,” Adam smiled, giving Jason a quick kiss. “Dare I ask how things are shaping up else where?”

“Getting better, both Todd and Joey really are miracle workers, how are things down in sickbay and where is Tavi (PNPC)?”

“Tavi is passed out on the couch,” Adam stated, turning around and stripping off his shirt. Jason smiled slightly, taking in the lines of his muscular shoulders and back. “And sickbay is finally calmed down…everyone is stable. We got pretty lucky, no serious injures.”

“Yeah,” Jason nodded. “Any work on Ryan?”

“Not yet, don’t worry Jace, they’ll let us know as soon as they know something.”

Adam turned back around and shucked off the rest of his uniform before stepping into the shower and activating the stream of hot water again. In moments the bathroom was starting to fill up with steam again. Jason could barely see Adam’s athletic frame through the steam…

He turned around, now was not the time to be thinking about that. He turned to head out of the bathroom when Adam’s arm shot out, grabbing his own and dragging him back into the shower and the steam what was now swirling around. Water cascaded down their bodies as Adam pulled him into a tight embrace and even tighter kiss.

“You need to relax,” Adam said, breaking the kiss and leaning his forehead against Jason’s. “And that’s orders from the doctor.”

“We shouldn’t,” Jason said, his voice taking on a husky edge.

“Are you going to argue with the doctor?” Adam asked; his voice was lower and had taken on the velvety tone that Jason often couldn’t resist. He pushed Jason against the shower wall and kissed him again; the steam and hot water was making them both flush now.

“Never,” Jason whispered back.

OFF:
Lieutenant Commander Jason Barrett
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Masterson
Senior Staff

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 am

::BACKPOST from Mission Day 13::

ON: [[Main Sickbay, USS Malinche, Mission Day 13, 1800]]

The lights in sickbay had finally stopped flickering, much to Adam's (PNPC)'s liking. Working was hard enough when the ship was bouncing around let alone when the lights decided to go out on occasion. Adam knew that during the battle it probably had something to do with Joey (NPC) pulling all the power he could to the ships weapons arrays and shield systems.

Considering the report that he just received from Jason he was glad that they made out the way that they did. There hadn't been any fatalities, although injuries were still coming in. Adam came out of his office just as another ensign in a services uniform was brought in. Both Tavi (PNPC) and Mike (PNPC) rushed over to steady the young man.

"Easy," Mike said, putting his shoulder under the man's arm so that he could provide support. This was the fifth person he'd helped in at least as many minutes, which was starting to make him wonder just how people in other parts of the ship had fared.

"Put him right over there, biobed 2," Adam said, grabbing a medical tricorder.

Nodding, Mike helped the man over to the biobed Towsen had indicated. He helped ease the ensign into a laying position on the bed before stepping back to allow the medical staff room to work.

"What happened ensign?"

"I was near an EPS conduit that went up during that last torpedo volley.

The ensign's uniform was singed along the right arm and shoulder and burned flesh could be seen beneath it. In addition he had several lacerations on his forehead and neck.

"Tavi, do you remember what the IV supplies look like?"

Tavi nodded and took off after the requested supplies as Adam began to scan the ensign with his tricorder. After looking at his initial readings Adam was glad to see that the burns appeared superficial. He would run more intense scans in a moment but for the brief moment the ensign appeared to be out of danger. Once Tavi returned with the IV supplies, Adam started on in his good arm and then set up the scanner to probe deeper for injuries.

There was no way for Mike to know if things were starting to quiet down at all or if they would only be receiving more injured crewmen. He took a moment to glance around the room at the number of personnel moving about. It had gone from near empty to extremely crowded in such a short time. For the moment, though, it seemed as if they had reached a slight lull in the influx that had begun with the first volley of the battle.

"I hope that the other sections faired as well as we did," Adam said, looking up a the monitor above the ensigns biobed.

Thankfully, he wasn't showing any signs of internal bleeding or broken bones. The burns all appeared to be superficial and the lacerations on his face could be closed easily. It would take a few more minutes for the whole scan to be complete but it was looking good for the ensign. Tavi returned with the IV supplies and wasted no time in starting one, he turned to the nearest nurse and handed her a PADD.

"Give him pain meds as needed," Adam said. "I'll get the dermal regenerator and get to him as soon as possible. I need to go check on our head trauma."

The nurse nodded and took off to grab the correct medication and hypospray.

"Mike, what made you get involved with security anyway?" Adam asked, as they approached the next biobed.

It didn't exactly seem to Mike like this was the best time for a casual conversation about what had prompted him to join Starfleet. As much as he felt like they should be focusing on their situation, he realized that maybe this was just an attempt by Townsen to keep them focused and to pass the time. "I took a few introduction courses my first year at the Academy and I liked what I was doing there," he replied, "The rest just seemed to fall into place after that."

Adam nodded, checking the vitals on the next patient's biobed. So far things were looking good for her as well, he made a few notes in his chart before moving on. Hopefully, with the battle over things would calm down. The sickbay was already getting close to capacity.

"I never thought that I would end up here," Adam stated, moving to another biobed. "Could you hand me that tricorder?"

Confused for a moment, Mike turned to look where Townsen was pointing and saw the medical tricorder sitting on a nearby tray. He lifted it up and handed it across to Townsen's waiting hand.

Adam took the device, scanning the injured Andorian that lay there. He was missing one of his antennae but otherwise appeared unharmed. The appendage would grow back in time; he made a note on the patient's chart to make sure he got some anti naseua meds and then moved on.

Or he would have moved on had there been any more wounded. Looking around sickbay he could see that everyone was well cared for at the moment. He let his shoulders sag a little in relief.

"Well, it looks like we have the situation well under control," Adam said, looking around. "I just hope that they don't decide to come back and try that again."

"You and me both," Mike replied, looking around. It did seem as if things had started to slow down. Afterall, with the battle over for the moment, there wasn't really anything going on that would cause any more injuries to come flooding in...for now. "You sure this is it for now," he asked, turning back to Townsen.

"Call it gut instinct," Adam smiled, heading toward the office with Mike in tow. "Do you want something to drink, I sure could use a pot of black coffee right about now."

Mike shook his head. It had been rough going for a while there, but other than simply being on hand to provide assistance, he didn't really feel all that worn out. Then again, that might change as soon as the adrenaline wore off. "Actually, take that back," he said, "I'll take a cup."

Adam walked over to the replicator and ordered two cups. Taking the steaming mugs he gestured to a chair across from the desk. Adam took a seat behind it and Mike across from him. He took note of the PADD's that were scattered all over the desk, realizing that he had been in the middle of planning the wedding when everything went all to hell.

"Sorry," Adam said, trying organize the PADDs. "I was attempting to get the rest of the wedding planned."

"How's that coming," Mike asked, lifting the mug to his mouth. Right away, he realized that it was still too hot to drink, so he lowered it again. It wasn't much of a state secret that Townsen and the Malinche's executive officer were getting married.

Adam shrugged, he had never planned anything like this before and doing so wasn't something that he was really all that good at. It seemed like every time that they made a decision another one cropped up. There were so many things to think about that he now realized why some people actually employ a wedding planner.

"Its going...sorta," Adam said. "I just never thought that you had so many things to worry about...did you know that there are like a million different shades of blue and silver."

"You don't say," Mike replied, "Never really thought about it, to be honest."

"Just a word of advice, if you ever do decide to marry Aaron...or whoever, make sure that you hire someone to plan the whole thing, it will save your sanity," Adam grunted.

Tavi appeared in the office doorway, holding a bottle of water. He was smiling at both Adam and Mike and hopped up on the desk. Adam smiled slightly, unlike typical 11 year olds, Tavi had handled the battle and the situation in sickbay with grace and maturity that were beyond his years. He took great pride in that fact, although that was probably something that the monks had instilled in him.

"Don't tell me stuff like that happens every day," Tavi said, looking at both Mike and Adam.

"Not every day," Mike replied, offering up what he hoped to be a reassuring smile. At least, as far as he knew, this wasn't a normal occurrence aboard the <i>Malinche</i>. Granted, she was classified as a long-range tactical vessel, but that didn't mean she was engaged in combat every day.

"I talked to dad, he says that that we got the worst of it," Adam said. "The good news is that even though some people got banged up no one died; heck we even managed to make it away without any serious injuries."

"Well that's good then," Mike said, glad to hear that things on the other sections had at least fared better than they had aboard Beta Section.

"But people still got hurt," Tavi said. He hoped down off the desk. "Dad, there were a couple of people out there that wanted something to drink, is it ok if I give them some water or something?"

"Should be fine just check with the EMH," Adam nodded.

Tavi gave both Adam and Mike a salute before heading out the door.

"Wow," was all Mike could say once the young Bajoran had disappeared from the room, "Is he always that calm about things like this?"

Adam nodded. "The monks that he lived with instilled a very...well I don't know what to call it in him. He seems to always be at peace even if he isn't, he does a very good job of keeping those emotions in check...at least when it comes anxiety, fear, anger...he tends to be very expressive when it comes to joy, love, happiness."

"Well, I suppose I should probably report in and see what else they want me to do," Mike said, setting his mug on the edge of Townsen's desk, "Thanks for the coffee though."

"Any time. Don't be a stranger now, I could always use someone else to complain about Jason to," Adam smiled.

OFF

A JP by:

Lieutenant JG Adam Townsen (PNPC)
Medical Officer
USS Malinche
Played by: LtCmdr Barrett

Tavi (PNPC)
Crew Family Member
USS Malinche
Played by: LtCmdr Barrett

and
Lt. JG Aaron Masterson
Chief Security/Tactical Officer & 2XO
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Steele
Senior Staff

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 pm

On:
<<Day 14: 1700 hrs, Malinche Beta Section>>

Once the attacking Klingon ships broke off, the Malinche was left to take care of the damage they had received. Although he had been assigned as one of the science officers for the Beta section, PO2 Leagen (NPC) found little to do from a science standpoint. Seeking and receiving permission, he left the bridge to assist with damage control. Finding a crewman in a yellow collared uniform, Leagen inquired about a job.

"I'm told you need help with repairing the ship?"

"Talk to petty officer Dirland (NPC) he's in charge of damage control for this section."

Thanking the crewman, Leagen quickly tracked down the engineer who handed him an emergency repair kit.

"I assume you know how to use this?"

"Yes sir, I've been in Starfleet long enough to know that all my science skills are of little use if the ship is in need of serious repair."

Checking a PADD, Dirland directed Leagen to an area that could use some extra help with repairs.

Arriving at the enlisted mess, Leagen found a damage control team that had just arrived to fix several EPS conduits that had blown. "You know how to shut off power to this room?"

Leagen didn't realize they were talking to him, causing the Ensign to repeat his statement. "Yes sir I do. I'll get right on it."

The control panel was hidden behind the serving bar, but Leagen didn't have too much trouble locating it. Once the power was shut off, the repairs continued. Hopefully soon the repairs would be complete enough to allow for reintegration.

Off:
Lt. Aaron Steele
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Vosh
Junior Staff

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<Alpha Section Bridge, 1724, Day 14>

Trace had yet to find anything about Setak. He spent a good deal of his time searching through the Federation database attempting to gain some knowledge about the man; only to find that he wasn't anywhere to be found. He had returned to the bridge, hopefully to help them track down the Klingon ships. Klingon tactics dictated that they would be back and probably with more.

He was looking at the longe range sensors, attempting to find any trace of the Klingon ships. The Beta section had gotten in several good hits, heavily damaging the Vor'cha but even with the damage, they were having a hard time tracking the Klingon ship. Trace tried every think that he could think of that they had used to track other cloaked ships and was coming up pretty empty handed.

He tapped an icon on his panel. "Bridge to sickbay."

"Sickbay here."

"Doctor, how is Mr. Morris (NPC)?" Trace asked.

"In the same condition that he was when you asked me for an update 15 minutes ago ensign," came the holo-doctor's reply. "We will inform you and the captain when we have made some progress. Sickbay out."

She closed the channel before Trace could ask another question. Trace was tempted to call her right back be knew that they had to concentrate on finding a cure for whatever it was that was killing Ryan. Trace was never good at just sitting around and thats exactly what he was doing...he needed to be doing something useful, if nothing else then to get his mind off what was going on with his friend...well...his only real friend down in sickbay.

OFF:
Ensign Trace Vosh
Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:02 am

OFF: This is a backpost

ON: <<USS Malinche>>
<Alpha Section Bridge, Day 13, 1930>

Getting Beta section secure and under control had taken some time; although with both Joey (NPC) and Todd working on it, things were getting back on track a lot quicker then Jason would have guessed. He had beamed over to the Alpha section to talk to the captain, after seeing that Tavi (PNPC) and Adam (PNPC) were both alright. They both seemed to weather the attack well, Tavi was even running around helping in sickbay.

The Alpha section had fared much better than his own section. He headed toward Isabel's ready room; hopefully she wouldn't berate him too much for the damage that he had caused to her ship. He hit the door chime and entered.

Isabel looked up and saw Jason walk into her Ready Room. Setting down the PADD she'd been reviewing, she gave him a nod, "Good evening, Commander."

"Pardon my appearance captain," Jason half smiled, indicating his smudged uniform and some minor cuts on his face and hands. "I didn't really have time to wash up before I headed over."

"That's certainly understandable," she replied. Motioning towards one of the empty chairs across from her, Isabel said, "How's the damage in Beta section. I've read the reports, but still..." Having been an engineer for years prior to moving to command, she could tell from the readouts that it was far from good. There wouldn't be a quick fix for it.

"It could be worse," Jason said, taking a seat across from Isabel. "But it could be better too. Ryan managed to locate a weak spot in their hull armor, if we continually target that area we can knock their warp core offline."

Isabel nodded, "I think we need to be in a position to even attempt that first...As it currently stands, I wouldn't be comfortable going after them until we have a fair amount of these repairs done. I don't want to send us into battle when we're already this damaged. However, I do think that they're responsible for what happened on Athos III and I think we need to find out exactly what they did."

"I agree," Jason nodded. The situation still made him incredibly uneasy; he didn't like the idea that more ships were out there or that the ones that they had encountered could come back and start shooting again. If that happened then they were in serious trouble. "Mr. Peters has gotten the one hull breach sealed and patched and primary power should be back online within the next 3 hours, give or take a few minutes," Jason said. "He still hasn't given me an estimate on how long it will be to get the latching system working again."

"Well, we'll certainly want to get that fixed, but for the time being I think our best bet would be to keep the sections separated. Battling multiple ships as multiple ships is better tactically then trying to defend against multiple ships with just one," she replied. "I don't like the position we're in... And there's too much interference in the area now for us to send word to other ships, from what I'm told."

Again Jason nodded. They had come to the same conclusion before he left; they were on their own. There was something that was troubling him greatly about the situation though; he just couldn't put his fingers on it yet. "Do we have any idea what they were doing here or why the attacked the colony on Athos III?"

"If anyone does, they haven't told me. The best I can come up with is that they were testing out some kind of weapon, because I can't see any other reason to not only attack the colony, but destroy the planet. Of course, it may not have been the ones who attacked us, but I have a feeling it is," Isabel surmised. She knew that at times getting answers was difficult, but still, she wished she had a few more than...well, none.

"I really don't want to think about what kind of weapon would do that," Jason shuddered. "I can only assume that the resulting destruction of the planet was either a result of the weapon or their attempt to hide what they were doing."

Isabel nodded, "Agreed. Regardless, it's not a pleasant thought either way and we need to get to the bottom of it."

"I assume once we get ourselves repaired, you're going to want an away team to go over and check out the ship?"

"Absolutely, it may have some answers... It may be a long shot; I don't know why they'd leave it behind if it does have useful information, but at this point it's the best chance we have at figuring out what is going on here," Isabel said. She was a bit uneasy about sending an away team - it could be a trap after all, but she didn't think they had much of a choice.

Jason certainly understood the captain’s line of thinking and he was admittedly curious as to what was on the other vessel as well. Certainly from the battle that they had just survived it seemed clear to him that the vessels that they had fought against weren’t exactly stock models. That was much was evident by not only the firepower that they had but also the heavy armor. “One thing had crossed my mind captain,” Jason said, leaning forward. “Those were Klingon ships but I would say they used more almost Cardassin tactics.”

Nodding, Isabel replied, "Yes, I had noticed. Also, one ship was commanded by a Bajoran with Cardassian ranks. I suspect they are actually from a mirror universe based on those facts, but I don't have anything to truly verify it at this point in time."

“I agree…I thought that this was supposed to be a simple patrol mission, I was way off apparently.”

Isabel chuckled slightly, "You've been back on the Malinche for awhile now...and you were previously...exactly how many of our missions have been simple?" It seemed that none of their missions truly went as planned. Most times things were much worse than had originally been believed or they were put in a difficult position; however, they always made it out alright in the end.

"Again, you make a valid point, probably why you sit in the big chair," Jason said, smiling as he leaned back. "I talked to Adam (PNPC), looks like the worse injury suffered was a skull fracture that is recovering nicely in sickbay."

"It could have been a lot worse," Isabel admitted, nodding. Still, she didn't like having her crew get injured; it was simply something unavoidable at times. All they could do was take good care of them when something did happen.

"Given the circumstances I would say we got lucky," Jason sighed. "I've got Joey looking into a way to enhance our long rang scanners but with all the interference in the area tracking a cloaked ship could prove hard."

Frowning slightly, she replied, "I can't say I'm surprised. I know Lieutenant JG Masterson was having a difficult time tracking them to begin with, but if there is a way to enhance our scanning abilities, perhaps that will help. I'd rather not get caught off guard if possible." Truthfully though, Isabel had a bad feeling that that would be the case. Unless they could find another way to track the ships. Perhaps some particles...

"If there is a way to track them, I am sure that this crew will come up with it," Jason said. "They're certainly resourceful."

Isabel chuckled, "Yes, yes they are. Let's just hope we figure something out soon. I don't like the idea of just sitting here waiting."

"Adam told me that your godson was even running around giving him a hand in sickbay after the attack, I swear he's more mature then some adults I know times," Jason sighed.

Raising an eyebrow, Isabel said, "Was he?" She frowned slightly, "I don't mean to question you...and I realize he's fairly mature for a ten year old, but I'm not so sure that having him in Sickbay is a good idea, especially when we have lots of traumas. We have a medical staff for a reason; they're trained. If Adam wants to teach Tavi some things when Sickbay is quieter, and the Chief or Acting Chief Medical Officer is alright with that, then that's fine. But I wouldn't want him to get hurt, nor would I want a crewmember's safety to be compromised."

"I wouldn't worry about that captain," Jason stated. "I brought my same concerns up to Adam but he assured me that he spent a good deal of time in the office...I don't think he wanted to be away from us."

Isabel nodded, "Alright, just something to keep in mind. I can understand him wanting to be nearby, but still, it's my job, in part, to bring up concerns." Plus, she wasn't sure how their Chief Medical Officer, once they got an official one, would feel about having a ten year old in their office.

"I don't think that Adam plans on having him running around when we finally get a CMO."

"I would hope not," Isabel said. "But regardless, he shouldn't be running around in Sickbay." She settled back into her chair and moved a PADD to the side. There was quite a bit on her mind at this point and she hoped that some of her concerns would be remedied soon.

"At any rate, I should get back to the Beta Section; we need all the hands that we have if we are going to get her up and running again."

Nodding, Isabel stood, "That we do. Keep me updated on how things are going; good luck, Commander."

"And to you Captain."

OFF:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

and
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 pm

ON: [[Gamma Bridge, USS Malinche, Mission Day 14, 1535]]

Aaron slid into the chair at one of the auxiliary stations and tapped a brief sequence into the console before him. A moment later, the familiar image of Captain Kersare appeared on the small viewscreen above the console. “Captain,” he said, a hint of relief in his voice. As assuring as it was that the captain trusted him with the responsibility of commanding the Gamma section, he still wasn’t one hundred percent comfortable taking the center chair.

<<Alpha Bridge>>

"Lieutenant, how are things coming in Gamma section?" Isabel had been waiting for Aaron's report. She knew that Beta section was certainly worse off, but it was still important to have each of the Malinche's sections in as good of shape as possible quickly. It was quite likely that the other vessels could regroup and come after them again...

<<Gamma Bridge>>

”Repairs are progressing as well as can be expected,” Aaron replied, “Though I must admit, we weren’t exactly receiving the brunt of their assault.” The Gamma section had spent most of the conflict on the outer edges of the battle, engaging one of the Klingon Bird-of-Prey’s. He knew the teams on the other two sections had been working around the clock to repair the damage they had sustained, just as the engineers aboard the Gamma section had.

<<Alpha Bridge>>

Isabel nodded, "Good to hear. And no, you weren't...Beta section was certainly the worst off; they're doing about as well as can be expected. Right now we can't reintegrate the three sections, but to be honest, I think it's best we remain separated for the time being. I'm not sure if we would have fared as well if we had taken on all three ships while in one piece." Not that the situation was overly good regardless, but Isabel would rather have three damaged sections than one blown up ship. And, truthfully, the engineers were doing rather well.

<<Gamma Bridge>>

"Agreed," Aaron replied. Tactically speaking, it was probably the wisest decision for the ship to remain separated for now. They had no way of knowing how severely they had damaged their opponent or whether the enemy had more reinforcements in the region. The sooner they each finished repairs, the better. "What did we learn from the bird-of-prey," he asked, wondering how the investigation of the abandoned vessel had progressed.

<<Alpha Bridge>>

"I'm afraid that remains to be seen," she replied. "The away team is back, along with a Vulcan from the bird-of-prey. Apparently there was some kind of virus in the area the away team was in and I'm afraid, one of the Security Officers was infected. This Vulcan, Setak, claims to have been the one to develop the virus and is currently working in the Alpha section's Sickbay with our LMH to develop a cure."

<<Gamma Bridge>>

Everyone knew that danger was part of the Starfleet officer job description, especially if that officer happened to be a member of the security department. Still, the news that one of his team members had been infected by an engineered virus gave Aaron cause for concern. "Who," Aaron asked, a nervous tingle running down his spine.

<<Alpha Bridge>>

"Ensign Morris (NPC)," Isabel told him, keeping her eyes on her Chief Security/Tactical officer. "From what I understand, they've put him in stasis to help delay the progress of the virus while they work on a cure. I stopped in at Sickbay briefly once they came aboard; right now they're working on a cure." She didn't like the situation and wasn't sure how much she could trust Setak...which was exactly why she'd sent Sirak (NPC) to keep an eye on things.

<<Gamma Bridge>>

Aaron didn't know what to say. He was understandably concerned about the ensign's well-being, but there was also the fact that they had brought aboard a member of the bird-of-prey's crew. This Vulcan, Setak, could pose a security risk to the ship and crew, not to mention the fact that it was he who engineered the virus in the first place. Then again, it was important for Aaron to keep a cool head and an open mind.

"We've been keeping an eye out for signs of any more cloaked ships in the region," Aaron said, changing the subject, "We haven't found anything yet, but that's not saying much. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but I think we at least gave them a reason to think twice before trying it again."

<<Alpha Bridge>>

Nodding, Isabel said, "I should certainly hope so. Perhaps once Lieutenant Steele and the Science department finish their analysis of the readings they got from the planet that matched the ones coming from the ships, it'll give us more to go on. I certainly don't like just sitting here, but until repairs are a little more complete, I'm not comfortable taking us out after at least two other ships. It might be a good idea to bring our sections closer, once repaired, and use our cloak. We may have a better chance at sneaking up on the other vessels that way."

<<Gamma Bridge>>

"It's certainly a possibility," Aaron said, considering the idea for a moment, "but we'd have to be flying a pretty tight formation. There wouldn't be much room for maneuvering."

<<Alpha Bridge>>

"No, there wouldn't be. But I would expect us to drop cloak and spread out into an attack pattern once we're close enough. It would take some coordination, but it's certainly possible," she replied. Or at least, so she thought. She'd asked the Flight Control department to run some scenarios; their initial reports seemed to indicate it could be done.

<<Gamma Bridge>>

"We'll see what we can do from our end," Aaron assured her, "and we'll let you know if we come up with anything else as far as our mysterious marauders are concerned."

<<Alpha Bridge>>

"Please do," Isabel said. "We'll all keep in contact; hopefully repairs will be completed enough for us to start looking for those vessels soon. If anything changes with Ensign Morris, I'll be sure to let you know." She settled back into her chair before adding, "Is there anything else I can do for you, Lieutenant?"

<<Gamma Bridge>>

Aaron slowly shook his head back and forth. "Not that I can think of right now," he answered, "we seem to be in pretty good shape and, until anything changes, I don't think there's much more we could be doing at the moment. If I do come up with anything, I'll be sure to let you know, ma'am."

<<Alpha Bridge>>

Isabel nodded, "Alright, thank you, Lieutenant. Kersare out." She closed the comm channel and settled back into the command chair. Of the many things on her mind, the mystery about the readings that the away team had gotten on the planet - which just so happened to match ones found around the vessels that had attackd them - was still bothering her. On the side console to her right, she composed a quick message to her Chief Science Officer, inquiring about the signals; hopefully he would have some news for her.

<<Gamma Bridge>>

The captain's image disappeared as the screen went blank and Aaron reached over to deactivate the terminal. Aside from the news that one of his security officers was in sickbay fighting for his life, it seemed like everything else was going as well as could be expected. He let out a sigh as he sat back in the chair and stared at the blank terminal for a moment. If only they had a better idea of what was going on here...

OFF: Tag Steele - perhaps time to make the connection about the readings from the planet and those coming from the attacking ships? Maybe there's some obscure references to similar readings from past encounters with MU vessels. If you want to JP Aaron giving Isabel the info, let me know. (See my last reply here which mentions her sending a message to Aaron)

A JP by:

Lieutenant JG Aaron Masterson
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Peters
Senior Staff

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:49 pm

OFF: Slight backpost

ON: <USS Malinche, Beta Section, Deck 4, Day 13, 1815>

Peters shoved the turbolift door the rest of the way open and stepped out into the corridor of the Beta Section's top-most deck. This section had less damage than it's counterpart down on Deck 9, but still the scars of combat could be seen in burned out access panels and corresponding scorch marks on the bulkheads and decks.

Entering the Transporter room, Peters nodded to the operator. "Energize."

The form of Lieutenant Will Schulz (PNPC) materialized into existence as the sparkle of the transporter effect faded away. Right away, he picked up on several scorch marks on the bulkhead behind the transporter console. It seemed reports that the Beta section had not fared as well as the others had been accurate after all.

"Commander," Will said, stepping down from the transporter pad, "I heard you could use a hand over here...I didn't realize just how badly you needed it. If I had, I might have brought a bit more elbow grease."

Peters shrugged. "I've got most of my staff here working on the repairs to the primary and secondary systems. Greg Altin and Kylie Dirland are in sickbay... Altin had a beam land on his hip, which crushed his pelvis and severed his spine, though I'm told he'll make a full recovery. Dirland suffered severe plasma burns when her console exploded."

A grimace passed briefly across Will's face when he heard the report. Damaged systems and hardware were easy enough to repair or replace, people much less so. "It's good to hear that they will recover," he said.

"So," Peters asked as they stepped back out into the corridor, "How are you at constructing and programming subprocessors? We have to completely rebuild the network that controls the docking systems. I haven't had a chance to look and see if we can salvage any of the existing equipment yet, but I'm operating under the assumption that all of the equipment currently in place will have to be replaced with new units."

"Sounds like quite the task," Will replied as he sidestepped a repair team working on an exposed junction, "I can't say that I've had much experience with that particular control system, but it can't hurt to at least have a look. I don't suppose we have any spare parts available?"

"We've got plenty of isolinear circuits, gel packs, and casings... but I'm not sure if they're the right specifications for what we need. I'm sure we can adapt what we have or replicate anything we're missing." Peters stopped at a Jeffries Tube access hatch and tapped in a command to open it. "First we have to see what the damage looks like, though. After you."

Will leaned into the access hatch and began to crawl forward on his hands and knees. There never seemed to be enough room in the Jeffries Tube to do much of anything except keep moving forward. Then again, they weren't exactly made for normal traffic flow. "How bad was it," he asked over his shoulder as they continued crawling, "aside from the docking control processors, I mean."

"You don't want to know," Peters replied. The Beta section had taken most of the fire from the enemy ships, which had caused severe damage across several decks. Fortunately none of the major systems had gone offline, due in no small part to the efforts of the engineering crew. "Engineering is a mess and as you could see the outer decks are pretty badly torn up. Most of the rest of this section is fine, though."

Will shook his head and stopped crawling forward. They had reached a closed hatchway that blocked the way and he knew that it would need to be opened before they could continue onward. Reaching out, he tapped the control pad once but the hatch did not budge. A second tap yielded the same results.

"Why am I not surprised," Will said with a short chuckle. He reached for the manual release clamp and placed it firmly on one half of the hatch. With a little effort, the hatchway began to slide open until Will was able to get his hand in the crack and pull it the rest of the way.

"Something broken? On this ship? How shocking," Peters deadpanned as he followed Schulz through the opening. "Remind me to log that hatch for maintenance... later. The access we need should be just up here on the right."

Will crawled a little further until he reached the access junction that Peters had been referring to. He pulled himself up into the best seating position he could to access the junction, but he still felt confined. "Alright, where did you want to start," he asked, reaching over to pull the cover off of the access panel.

"Pull the subprocessor for this junction and let's see how bad the damage is," Peters replied. "If we can salvage any of the components from it, it might make our job a bit easier."

Reaching into the access panel, Will felt around for the familiar shape of the subprocessor. It was a little difficult and he had to wonder whether these systems had been designed for most effective operation, easiest repair access, or neither. "Got it," he said, pulling the component out of its socket and pulling it out where they could get a better look at it.

"That's not good," Peters said softly as he looked at the blackened casing of the subprocessor Schulz was holding. "If many of them look like that, we're probably going to need some help... and a lot of coffee."

Will let out a sigh as he looked at the damaged component in his hands. Reconstructing command pathways was one thing, but it was going to take a lot longer if the each of the hardware components had to be replaced. That was assuming that they would be able to replicate the necessary materials to reproduce the hardware in the first place. "I guess we better get started then," he remarked, turning the subprocessor over in his hand to get a better look at it.

"Well, look on the bright side," Peters said, "At least this time the computer's not serenading us with Barry Mannilow music."

OFF: This has been a Joint Post with:

Lieutenant Will Schulz (PNPC)
Chief Systems Manager
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A
As Played by: LtJG Masterson
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Steele
Senior Staff

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:57 pm

ON:

<<USS Malinche, Alpha Section, Science Lab, Day 14, 15:34>>

While most of the science personnel focused on damage control, Crewman Olmstead (NPC) was attempting to positively identify the radiation signatures detected on the planet and emanating from the attacking Klingon ships.

After some comparison, he was certain they were connected. There was some slight variances between the two signatures, but not enough to indicate different source. Now the task was to identify what kind of radiation it was, which hopefully would go a long way towards explaining why the attacks had occurred.

The signatures didn't match any of the types commonly used by the Klingons or Cardassians, so Olmstead instructed the computer to cross reference with all known radiation types. When the computer came back with the results, Olmstead discovered he was unable to access the data. "Chief! I need assistance accessing some data."

Chief Petty Officer John McKone (NPC) walked over to the science console. As the highest ranking enlisted scientist onboard, McKone often could access data others couldn't. "...This is odd, I can't access the data either. Let me contact Lt. Steele and see if he is able to access this data."

<Bridge, 15:38>

"Why can't you access the data?"

McKone fielded the question. "The radiation signatures match but when we tried to identify their ultimate source, the computer requests a higher security clearance then even I have."

Aaron pulled up the requested data on a console which his security clearance allowed him to access. Looking over the data available, he let out a whistle. "Captain! You should come take a look at this."

Off:

TAG: CO
Lt. Aaron Steele
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Steele
Senior Staff

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 pm

<<USS Malinche, Alpha Section Bridge, Day 14, 15:38>>

Entering his security code, Aaron pulled up the information pertaining to the two radiation signatures. It was known they matched but any info beyond that was restricted to those who were members of a senior staff. Looking over the information he could why it was restricted.

Aaron turned to Crewman Olmstead (NPC). "Sorry, for now this is beyond your clearance. If allowed I will inform you of the information, but not until then. Chief, I'll let you review the info while I get the Captain over here."

Kersare had just finished talking with Lt. Masterson, so Aaron got her attention. "Captain! You should come take a look at this."

Isabel glanced over at the Science station as Aaron called out to her. Curious, she stood and walked over. "What is it Lieutenant?" She hoped he had more information - something to help answer some of the many questions they still had to solve. Perhaps some of the pieces would start falling into place if they started getting answers to some of the questions.

Aaron pulled up the two different radiation signatures so they were currently the main focus. "This is the radiation we picked up on the planet, and this is the radiation we detected from the attacking ships."

Getting closer so she could see the screen, Isabel looked at the two signatures that Aaron had pulled up. Her eyes moved from one to the other, taking in the characteristics of each. "They look the same...or at least very similar," Isabel said after several moments.

"That's correct, they are similar enough to have the same source. That is what concerned us. It took a high level security clearance just to access the data." Aaron shifted the display to emphasize the new data. It not only identified the most possible source of the radiation but also several dates on which the radiation had been detected. "As you can see Captain, if this radiation is any indicator those ships aren't from our universe."

Isabel raised an eyebrow, "Mirror Universe? This could at least confirms my suspicions; the Cardassian ranks being used on Klingon vessels....one of which had a Bajoran Commanding Officer. If the vessels are from the Mirror Universe, those ships must belong to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance... Anything else you can tell me, or theorize, Lieutenant?"

"At this point, I'm afraid there's not much else I can tell you Captain. I've personally never dealt with the Mirror Universe. A friend of mine did a few years ago and tells me it was not a pleasant experience." Aaron scrolled to the bottom of the information where the standard security warning was located. "I can tell you that Starfleet Command is already aware we have accessed this data."

"That's not surprising," Isabel replied, nodding. It only made sense that StarFleet would be notified when someone accessed data on the Mirror Universe. She had already sent an initial report to Eighth Fleet Command, but considering the interference in the area, wasn't sure if the message had gone through or if perhaps a return message hadn't been able to get through. Regardless, Isabel would send another about recent developments.

"When I worked with Intel during the War, I learned several things ordinary Starfleet personnel don't normally know. For instance, certain pieces of data are flagged, so they will send a heavily encrypted subspace message alerting Command. If you don't know what to look for it's easy to miss." He pointed out a small logo next to the warning as he spoke.

"I imagine that's the point," she said, smiling slightly. "Although I imagine many who have enough access to even see the information would at least suspect that StarFleet would be notified once it has been viewed. Are there any other comparisons you can run on the radiation signatures? Or perhaps something more to positively verify that they're from the Mirror Universe? At this point, I think it's safe to say that that's true, but still..."

"Better safe than sorry." Aaron finished the Captain's train of thought. "I'll see what I can do to better verify these findings. We'll keep it on a need to know basis until, if it ever occurs, you decide to inform the entire crew."

Isabel nodded, "Thank you, Lieutenant. Let me know if you find anything else." It seemed that they were starting to get some answers, at the least. True, they led to more questions, but they would get closer to the truth once they found out more. Perhaps Setak knew more as well...Isabel had a feeling he did, but for now he had more important tasks. Hopefully later he could give her more answers.

Off:

Joint Post Between

Captain Isabel Kersare
CO/ USS Malinche

&
Lt. Aaron Steele
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Peters
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:27 am

<Beta section, Jeffries tubes, Deck 4, Day 13, 2100-ish>

The Caitian engineer walked along the Jeffries tube with a swiftness afforded by her felinoid build. In spite of her ongoing hip pain she was outpacing her human team mate.

"Hey, slow down!" The human ensign said in between breaths. After a while L'Randil turned and sat down while she waited with a smirk. "You just need to catch up! I don't know how long we have to work with here until those Klingons return."

"I know, I know. Not all of us have such suited bodies for this."

"Ironic since these ships were developed by humanoids." L'Randil quipped as they resumed in matched pace.

Eventually reaching the appropriate junction, the pair emerged from the tube to find Cmdr Peters working at a panel.

"N'Rass and Mertz reporting with tools as ordered."

Peters looked up from the component he was scanning and nodded. "Glad you're here, Ensign... Lt Schulz should be back soon with some parts... in the mean time, every subprocessor along this side of this tube needs pulled for repair or replacement... depending on how badly they're damaged."

The ensigns nodded with an eager expression. "Sarah, you take the ones on that side and I'll take these. Bet I'll get to the end before you." L'Randil winked. Her competitive side was part of how she worked, and Mertz was no different. They each grabbed their tool boxes and set to their task.

It was a daunting undertaking to repair after such a battle. The Malinche's multi-vector mode meant the ship's hull comprised almost triple the surface area of a normal vessel. All that much more to damage and recover. Games and competitions took some of the edge off it.

The second processor in, L'Randil pulled the tray out of the slot and coughed on the dust. "Commander Peters, there is nothing even to take out of this one!" she motioned with her hand. "Do we have enough replacements?"

Peters sighed as he looked at the processor unit in L'Randil's hand. He wasn't surprised, but he'd been hoping fewer of the units would be beyond salvaging. "No, we don't."

"Well that's just lovely, Sir." She said in sarcasm with her hands in the air. "We have a combat situation and not enough parts to fix and we can't replicate more. Just lovely. This system needs to be shot out the torpedo tubes." The Caitian caught herself and stopped. "What do we do then?"

"Salvage the ones we can, replicate parts for new ones, and when we run out of the non-replicable spares, start jury-rigging similar units to work until we can get to a starbase," Peters answered.

She nodded and took a deep breath. The engineer liked a challenge, but this would be a hard one. "I'll do my best."

"For now, just focus on getting the existing units out and seeing what we can salvage," Peters told her. "We'll worry about how we're going to replace them all after that, because either way they're not doing us any good right now."

"Understood." L'Randil replied. "Toasted modules comin' right up." She joked, ducking back into the access hatch.

"Just remember that if you break anything that's not already broken, you have to fix it," Peters retorted with a smile as he headed back to the access panel he'd been working in.

OFF: This has been a joint post with

Ensign L'Randil N'rass
Shuttle Maintenance Specialist
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A
Tony
AKA
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Peters
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:17 pm

ON: <USS Malinche, Beta Section Engineering, Day 14, 0630>

As Peters downed the last of his umpteenth cup of coffee he reviewed the repair reports that had been filed so far. A lot of progress had been made overnight, and the Malinche was nearly back to fully operational condition. The visual condition of the ship was still far from ideal, but that could be dealt with later. Pretty much the only system still holding out in terms of operational status was the docking clamps, for which the salvaging of existing parts and replication of replacements was still ongoing.

Tapping in a few comments and notations about the repairs that had been completed and the work that still needed done, Peters decided that the engineers at their next port of call would NOT be happy to see the Malinche. He had to imagine that the ship was starting to get a reputation among the personnel that worked in the various repair facilities the ship had visited.

Still, the good new was that all three sections of the ship were now fully operational. The bad news was, of course, that the ship would remain operating separately for at least the next several hours. It might even take a couple of days to get the docking systems back on line, depending on how long it took to reconstruct enough processors to operate the systems and to copy in the relevant programming.

"Bridge," Peters said as he tapped his commbadge, "This is Lt Commander Peters. All primary systems are back online and most of the damage has been repaired. We're still working on the docking control systems. My best guess on that is another 24 hours."

Tapping his commbadge again to close the channel after receiving an acknowledgment, Peters shut off his panel and stood. "If anyone needs me, page me. I'm going to go get some breakfast and a nap. Let me know once we've got a tally of how many processors we're going to need to build from scratch."

OFF:
Tony
AKA
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm

ON:<<USS Malinche>>
<Barrett-Townsen Quarters, 2215, Day 14>

Jason walked into his quarters, wishing that he had more energy to stay awake and help. But an exhausted XO wasn't going to do anyone good. In order to make the best command decisions that you could you needed to be as rested as you could be and that met taking time out when you could.

Peters and the rest of the engineering and operations teams were hard at work, putting the Beta section back together. He had tried to stay around on the bridge to help but was quickly shooed away by Joey (NPC) he then tried to lend a hand in engineering and was told, kindly of course, that he should retire for the night. It was something that he had accepted...but not liked.

He went to the bedroom that he shared with Adam (PNPC). He was already sitting up in bed, reading a PADD. He smiled when he saw Jason enter and Jason smiled back. There was something about Adam that had an instant calming effect on him.

"You look like hell," Adam said, setting down the PADD. "Did they finally push you out of engineering too?"

"Well thanks," Jason said, kicking off his boots. "You always know the right thing to say. How's Tavi (PNPC) doing?"

"Good, he's asleep. I was sort of afraid that the whole battle thing would freak him out. He took it remarkably well."

Jason nodded. Tavi took a lot of things remarkably well, he was probably one of the most well adjusted individuals on the ship and he was only 11 years old. It was a fact that brought great pride to both Jason and Adam.

"That's good, although the captain did express some concern with him running around sickbay, even more so when we finally get a CMO aboard," Jason said, removing the rest of his uniform before crawling into bed. "I would have to say that I agree with her on that one."

"Don't worry," Adam said, setting his PADD down. "I'll make sure I clear it with the staff if I bring him back."

"Probably a good idea," Jason said. "Good news is that Peters seems to be pretty confident that he'll have most of the systems repaired in the morning. I tried to stay around but he kicked me out too."

"You aren't any good to anyone exhausted," Adam pointed out. "You should know that by now."

"Still...it feels like I should be doing something, everyone else is. And then there is the matter of that Vulcan...Setak...I don't really trust him. What kind of a Vulcan or a person for that matter would create a weapon like that?" Jason asked.

Adam shook his head and scooted closer to Jason, laying down on his chest. Jason wrapped his arms around Adam and sighed, letting some of the stress and frustration of the current mission melt away. Whenever they were together like this it seemed like everything was right with the universe even if it wasn't.

"Sounds like we have a lot of unanswered questions," Adam said, using his fingers to trace small circles on Jason's abs. "But we both know that the LMH is working as best and as fast as she can. And look on the bright side, at least no one died."

Jason nodded, there was that face. Considering the battle that they had been in, it was amazing that they had escaped without any causalities.

"You should get some sleep though," Adam said, kissing his cheek. "We don't need you ordering us to fly into a star or something cause you are sleep deprived."

OFF:
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

N'rass
Senior Staff

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm

<USS Malinche, Alpha section Lounge, Day 14 2100 hrs>

Roen walked into the lounge as she had a few times before; this time she was hoping a little synthahol might relax her nerves. The battle was a victory of sorts but she knew they would be back for a second round.

She sat down on one of the stools and turned it so she could rest her elbows on the edge. The human woman attending the bar was apparently busy, so she waited patiently tapping her foot. Eventually she decided to ask, "Miss, I could use a drink."

"Sorry about that ma'am, it has been very busy today. What can I get for you?"

"I'll have a bourbon. Make it a tall one." The Bajoran didn't care that her tone betrayed the fact of her concern.

"Ok, Coming right up." Maggie went into the back and got the bourbon and brought it out to the lady.

Roen nodded without saying anything, then took a swift swig of the beverage. With that, Maggie went to take care of other customers.

The Shuttlebay manager thought about how the Mirror ship was commanded by her deceased brother, an alarming thought yet interesting at that. "Miss, Can I ask you something?" Roen asked, swirling her drink in its cup.

"Yes, you can." Maggie wondered what this person wanted to know.

"What would you think if your dead brother was now...now the enemy? The brother you always looked up to and admired?"

"I am not sure what to think." The human paused, "I miss my brother a lot, but try not to talk about him."

Roen nodded. "I can relate. My parents tried not to mention him much except when they were comparing me to him." She rolled her eyes, then downed most of the glass. "You can imagine trying to live up to that standard."

"Why were they comparing you to your brother?"

Anara swallowed. "Because he was the shining example of everything. If only they knew now that he was a captain of a marauding Klingon ship acting as a terrorist. That's a bubble burst for ya."

"Yeah he was. It would hurt them if they knew he was a terrorist."

Anara sighed. "Yes, it would. It's hard enough for me." She replied in a solemn tone, then went back to staring at her drink. With that, the waitress went back to the other customers.

As Maggie took the customers orders, she thought about how soon her shift was over. She was relieved when all but one customers were gone. She started cleaning the counter and then went to the last customer. "How was everything Ma'am?"

The Bajoran looked up from her blank stare. Eventually she regained an attempt of focus to reply. "It's fine." was all she said.

"Ok, glad everything was fine." Maggie took the customer's glass and went into the kitchen to wash it. When she came back out, the lady was gone. She couldn't help but wonder why that customer asked about her brother. "Oh well", she thought and walked to her room.

OFF: JP by

Maggie Nolan
Waitress
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

and

WO2 Roen Anara(NPC)
Shuttle Bay Manager
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Played by
Lieutenant JG L'Randil N'rass
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

N'rass
Senior Staff

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am

<USS Malinche Alpha Section Shuttle Bay, Day 15 0920 hrs>

"Where's that workbee?!" Chief Roen shouted over the bustle of the various shuttle operations as she walked through the shuttlebay holding a Padd. "N'Rass!"

L'Randil looked over from around a corner and rolled her eyes. Unconsciously her tail began flicking. "Ma'am?" She replied.

"Where is Workbee 2?" The bajoran said with crossed arms. "It is supposed to be in your bay for an adjustment. I see that it is not here. Explain."

L'Randil sighed. "I don't know where it is, Ma'am." The caitian decided to play a little with the wording.

"Well find it. They need it recalibrated to finish the repairs on the gamma section."

"It's in spec."

"How do you know, ensign if it is not here?"

"Because I did it an hour ago. I just hadn't finished the chart on it yet because we have far too many things being fixed in here. If you will excuse me I have a considerable amount to do on this shuttle."

Roen harumphed. She did not take kindly to such attitude. The chief squinted and pointed a finger at the young technician. "Mind your tongue, ensign. If you do not complete the chart within the hour I will have to write you up for neglecting duty."

"Yes, Ma'am" L'randil said with sarcasm.

The chief wandered her way through the bay to check on the other technicians and the progress on repairs before finding her way back to her office to check paperwork. Her terminal was flashing when she sat back in her desk chair. It was a notice on the status of the work on the other sections.

The longer the ship was in segments and limping the worse her apprehension grew. The synthol from the night before was giving a little headache, but the stress was worse. Amer would be back and with force the next time. Eventually the thoughts of the attack potential took over the focus of the shuttlecraft paperwork.

"Computer" She stated. "Display readout on the battle from timestamp 10.12.12". The computer complied as she sipped her raktigino and mused.

W02 Roen Anara (NPC)

By
Lieutenant JG L'Randil N'rass
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A