Future Horizons

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:02 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Mess Hall, 0105, Day 2>>

It was an interesting question, Mason really gave it much thought. He put down his drink then staring down at it. The motion in which the liquid flowed brought his mind back to his father and uncle who had been in starfleet for many years both being command officers. He sat back and called up on the memory of his uncle's death. He had died while fighting the Cardassians when both the federation and Cardassians were at war.

He swore at the funeral that he would take up his honor and dedication to the fleet by joining starfleet in his place. Mason couldn't tell this to Marcus because the feeling was so strong that he had to quickly take another sip.

"Well, Marcus my uncle was killed on a raid of the Detlon five outpost. The Cardassians had ambushed the entire colony before they could even send off a distress signal. My uncle was a Lieutenant at the time being in charge of a small and under numbered security detachment sent by his CO to survey food and rashions. Three Cardassian ships took cover behind the sun's gravitational forces and did a near run attack litteraly destroying the Dallas. Sorry that was the ship he was assigned to (Taking a sad sip into his mug)."

<Tag Marcus>

"You know I could go for some speghetti and sauce right about now and some home made butter up biskets."

Marcus looked at him as if he was crazy who would eat something like that this late at night. All he could do was sit there and watch as Mason pondered over his next order.

>>Isabel picked up her tray and looked around. A few tables away she spotted Jonathan and Mason. Smiling she headed over to them. "Good morning, mind if I have a seat?"

As Mason gestured towards the chair next to him, Isabel sat down. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything.."<<

"No of course not, please pull up a seat. Cheese omelet eh, I could never develop a taste for those. Personally i like a little onion and sweet peppers in the mix. So Captain what brings you out of bed and here to the confines of quietness?"

Isabel needed to put something into her stomach, it was growling loudly. Mason and Jonathon pretended not to notice. The first few bites overwhelmed her that she sat back before eating more.

"Nothing special, Mason just a bit restless. I guess im just anxious about this mission. Hmmm looks like you have speghetti there."

Looking over at her plate, the speghetti was more appetizing to her taste buds than the Cheese omelet. Mason gave her his plate and ordered another for himself.

"So Marcus, any plans for the future?" asked Mason digging into his plate covering it with grated cheese.

<Tag Marcus>

Somehow Mason finshed before Isabel did, now he was too full and leaned into his chair staring to the stars.

"Captain, it seems we have been at the limits of warp nine for all these years. Do you think we will ever surpass that in the future?"

<Tag Kersare>

OFF: Tag Kersare, Marcus
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:05 pm

ON:

== USS Malinche, Mess Hall ==
== 0110 Hours, Day 2 ==

Marcus listened carefully as Hunt retold the story. From the look in his eyes, he could see it wasn't an easy story for him to tell, and most likely not one he told very often. Mason stopped and took a sip from the cup in front of him then set the glass down on the table again. Jonathan did likewise, letting the cold liquid slip down his throat.

Marcus: I'm sorry.

Hunt: It was a long time ago.

Marcus: Even still, events like that can leave a lasting impact.

Hunt: Like the death of your parents.

Jonathan was shocked that Hunt had brought up something so personal. The surprise must have been evident on his face, because his XO quickly retracted the comment. At times, Marcus forgot that things like that were in his personnel file, but he wasn't accustomed to someone bringing it up before he had mentioned it.

Marcus: *slowly* I guess you're right. The only person I've ever talked to about it was Captain Tullan aboard the Emory.

Hunt: You speak very highly of him, don't you?

Marcus: Absolutely. More than the Academy, that man changed my life.

The conversation stalled and the two senior officers looked out the windows and the stars that streaked by. They had been at maximum warp for hours now, which was an odd feeling, all things considered. Most likely, they would be at this speed for quite some time before they arrived at Celtron V, but they would all adjust.

<< insert >>

Hunt: You know I could go for some spaghetti and sauce right about now and some homemade butter up biscuts.

Marcus looked at him as if he was crazy; who would eat something like that this late at night. All he could do was sit there and watch as Mason pondered over his next order.

Isabel picked up her tray and looked around. A few tables away she spotted Jonathan and Mason. Smiling, she headed over to them.

Kersare: Good morning, mind if I have a seat? *Mason gestures toward the chair* I hope I'm not interrupting anything.

<< /insert >>

Truth be told, Jonathan zoned out as his CO sat down and began some small talk with Mason. He was quickly becoming hypnotized by the stars that raced past the ship. There was a lot for him to be thinking about right now: what to expect when they arrived, his meeting with Cheetara, training Ragna for MVAM. He was snapped out of his daze when he heard his name.

Hunt: So Marcus, any plans for the future?

Marcus: *smiling* Captain Tullan always joked with me that as soon as I got to Lieutenant Commander he'd bring me on as his XO.

Kersare: So you want a command of your own someday?

Marcus: *staring off into space* Someday. If you'll excuse me, captain, commander, I have an early morning meeting with Lt. Thundera and I should get some sleep.

<< Tag: Kersare and Hunt >>

Jonathan stood, nodded to his superiors and moved toward the door; he had a long day in front of him.

OFF

Tag: Cheetara ... we have an 0700 meeting to start!

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:06 pm

Just a note, you guys are sure up at weird hours...or do you assume the 0105 and such to be really 1305...just wondering....

<<USS Malinche>>
<Engineering, 0900, Day 2>

With the ship in tip top shape, there was little else that Jadan and his engineers could do. He toyed with the idea of attending the briefing with Cheetara, McLeod, and Marcus...although he didn't think that Cheetara would be to thrilled with that. Maybe they would think he was checking up on her...which he was.

Brad Walker, thier Cheif Medical Officer walked into engineering. For a moment he looked like he had gotten lost.

"Something that I can help you with?"

"Not really, just needed to get out of my office for awhile, I hate all this waiting."

"This won't be an easy mission," Jadan responded. "In fact if I had to make a prediction this mission will be even more filled with surprises then our last one."

"What makes you say that?"

"The very heart of the matter," Jadan shrugged. "Personally, I don't think the Federation should have any inovlement in matters such as this...whenever you get an outside force intangled in internal matters things tend to go arwy very fast. We can do all the research we want but we still aren't one of these people."

"That's a little pesimestic," Brad retorted.

"Just stating fact."

"Yeah," Brad grunted. "I guess so, looks like you are settling in down here better."

"Sort of...part of me still really wants to be back in-charge of tactical though."

OFF: Tag Brad!

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:10 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Mess Hall, 0115, Day 2>>

After Marcus had left, Isabel was still eating away at her plate. Mason choked for a second he couldn't believe how fast she was eating as if she hadn't eaten in days. The waiter brought over some steaming vanella cream coffee and some banana scons. Hunt wasn't a heavy eater, but he had room for a little morning breakfast. He figured he mind as well eat now because when he got up he knew there would be a pile of padd's waiting on his desk just calling to him.

With all the eating the two of them did, both had not noticed the room was empty. The meals began to wear down the XO and he found himself yawning more than when he first walked in.

"Captain, I think we both should retire and get some rest. We have a busy day ahead and the crew can't have its command officers falling asleep in the command chairs."

Isabel wasn't really tired but she knew her XO was right so she put down her napkin and walked with Mason out to the lift. For a brief moment there was a period of awkwardness and slience, finally the lift doors whisked open and they left.

"Mason, I want to talk to about working on a new crew rotation schedule so the crew have a bit more time to unwind when their off duty. It might be awhile before we get leave again and it might help boost morale."

Hunt nodded while yawning and scratching his eye lids, he was tired to the point he thought about sleeping with his night clothes on.

"Aye Captain, wow never again will I have speghetti this late ever. Mom's recipe always did that to me."

The lift stopped on Mason's deck, he stepped out then turned to Isabel.

"Good Night, or should I say Good Morning Captain." (He said with a smile)

"Get some rest Mason, I'll see you on the bridge later."

The lift doors closed leaving Isabel heading back to her quarters.

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:13 pm

<< USS Malinche >>
<< Day 3, 0248>>

Joe was sprinting through the corridors when the ship shook knocking Joe into a wall. He didn't take long to pick his pace back up and keep running, though his mind still quite groggy, as only moments before he was awoken by alarm klaxons blaring signaling a ship wide red aleart. He heart beat was pounding in his head. His mind was rushing from thought to thought, barely keeping any focus on where he was headed, occasionally taking a wrong turn on this new ship, not yet farmiliar to him. Joe turned a corner and stopped dead as he hit the turbolift doors, barely staying on his feet. Joe entered the turbolift and used one of his hands to steady himself against the wall as he gaspped for breath.

Ragna: Computer. *breath* mainbridge.

Ragna still panting as the turbolift doors open, rushes to the helm, taking his position.

Kersare: *scornfully* Nice of you to join us cadet. Lt. Cheetara, do we know what hit us yet?

Cheetara: Not a clue captain. Wait, wait, I think we got something. There are 2 Romulan warbirds decloaking. One on each the aft and starboard sides.

Kersare: Cadet, take us into Multi Vector Assault Mode.

Ragna: *already starting to punch in commands to his console* Yes Ma'am.

Ragna's head was working faster than his hands as he was rapidly punching commands into the console. The ship shook violently again, the sparks flying from his console. In the background he could hear Kersare asking for the damage report. Suddently the CONN console stopped working. He kept pushing, harder and harder. Joe turned starting to report to Kersare.

Ragna: Captain, my console went dead. It stopped responding to any... Captain?

Ragna paused looking around. The whole bridge was still. He looked about, and nobody was moving. The light about the side of the bridge were all glaring a bright red. A constant annoying pitch was resounding through the bridge. Joseph even saw the captain clinging to the arm rest of her chair as she was frozing half way in the process of climbing back into it. Turning back around Joseph noticed the main viewscreen was focused on a single warbird on the screen, and some green residual explosion was still on screen from the disruptor blast. The explosion and the warbird were both frozen. He looked around utterly confused about what was going on...

Off:
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:15 pm

ON:

== Main Bridge, USS Malinche ==
== 0250 Hours, Day 3 ==

Marcus: 4 minutes, cadet.

Ragna's gaze that had been sweeping over the whole bridge quickly turned to face Jonathan Marcus standing in the corner near the OPS console. The look on Joseph's face was one of dread and confusion. The red alert had woken him up and severely thrown his groove off, that much was obvious to Marcus just from the expression on his face. His perplexed stare prompted Marcus to continue.

Marcus: It took you 4 minutes to get here. In a crisis, we may not have 4 minutes, cadet.

Ragna: I don't understand, sir.

Marcus had been devious. Only a few minutes earlier, he had arranged for Ragna to be transported out of his quarters and into the holodeck. It was easier to test Ragna's mettle in a controlled situation and preferably one that he thought was very real. Jonathan guessed the deception had worked since Joseph's face was still ash white.

Marcus: Computer, reset program and remove all holographic characters.

The glaring red lights disappeared, washed out by the brilliant white lights of the rest of the bridge. Kersare, Hunt, Cheetara and the rest of the bridge crew vanished into thin air and the Warbird that had dominated the viewscreen was now a backdrop of stars. Ragna stood from his station at the head of the bridge and slowly made his way toward the top where Marcus stood.

Ragna: You mean to tell me that this is all a simulation? *shaking his head* I was terrified.

Marcus: *firmly* I don't care how scared you were, cadet. This isn't the Academy, you don't have the luxury of being afraid. As the senior CONN officer, you should one of the first officers here during a crisis. Do I make myself clear?

OFF

Tag: Ragna

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:16 pm

<< USS Malinche >>
<< Day 3, 0253 >>

Taking a deep breath in through his flared nostrils Joseph looked into Marcus' eyes as Joe's fists clenched.

Ragna: *speaking through clenched teeth* Permission to speak freely sir.

Marcus: Be my guest.

Ragna: You woke me up, after not even an hours sleep, *getting louder*after spending most of yesterday working on those simulations that you prepared for me, *getting louder, and emphasizing each word* since you didn't seem to think the regular ones were enough. Then, you move me into the holodeck, and make me to believe we are being attacked by not one, but bye TWO Romulan warbirds, and then, after all of that, you didn't even have the decency to let me carry out the attack plan in Multi vector assault mode. You could have at least let me do the most important part of the training providing that the main point of my training in the holodeck has been to learn how to use all the sections of the Malinche in unison.

Marcus shook his head as Ragna had gone from ghost white, to blood red in a matter of a couple minutes.

Marcus: Are you quite done whining cadet? I wasn't testing your skill, but your ability to be ready in an emergency. If you are done, you are dismissed and I'm going to go back to sleep now and I suggest you do the same, you seem to be a bit tired.

Ragna taking a second as his fists clench tighter, and his teeth grind, another deep breath being inhaled through his nose.

Ragna: I am not done. I think since you got me up to test me, that you should sit down and watch what I can do. It was an emergency, I got here slightly late, but I was more than ready to keep going. Go ahead, bring back the two warbirds. See how it all happens, or are you afraid that once I get at the helm, your tests won't be able to beat me?

JJ pensively look at Ragna, then slowly he spoke.

Marcus: Computer, Restart simulation, from Ragna getting the order to go into multi vector assault mode, and bring in 4 Romulan Warbirds, difficulty maximum. Begin!

Klaxons started blaring, and orders were being given immediately. Ragna had a glare that almost went through Marcus, as Marcus gave the computer the order.

Kersare: Cadet, get back to your post NOW!

Marcus noticing that Ragna was not moving yet he spoke again.

Marcus: And computer, all flight navigation controls will be manually input at the helm. Now Cadet, are you going to continue glaring at me, or would you like to start before the Malinche blows up.

Marcus hurried back to his station, and Ragna jumped back into the CONN chair, furiously tapping at the console.

<< A view from space of the simulation >>

The Malinche slowly starting forming a triangle, and orienting all 3 segments towards one of the 4 warbirds closing in, each from a different direction. The sections of the Malinche move into position one at a time, not quite perfectly, but into a recognizable attack formation.

The segments all released a barrage of torpedos, and phaser blasts as they flew past the closing warbird. The warbird exploded under the massive assault, but not before releasing it's own barrage. The shields flickering of Saucer section as it took heavy damage.

The other three warbirds were now coming into formation the sections of the Malinche. The 3 warbirds opened fire upon the segments causing damage, but nothing critical yet. The sections speed up, coming back upon the warbirds, speeding up as they charge forward. The warbirds continued firing upon the sections as they drew nearer.

The Malinche sections not firing much more than suppressive fire as the pull close to the warbirds. As the segments of the Malinche are about to pass the Warbirds, each segment dives straight into a warbird, a giant explosion expelling debris every direction.

<< Holodeck >>

The regular grid pattern of the holodeck came back into view as Ragna falls from his sitting position straight to the ground. Marcus stared at Ragna as he lay there.

Computer: Simulation completed, all Warbirds have been destroyed.

Ragna couldn't help but laugh as he lay there on the floor. Marcus was becoming furious with the cadet who was now in hysterics on the gridded floor of the holodeck.

Marcus: Why are you laughing? Don't you realize that if this weren't a simulation you would have just destroyed not only one of the most valuable ships in the federation, but also 200 lives would have been lost. And yet you still find that this is the time to laugh. What is wrong with you cadet.

Marcus continued staring at Ragna waiting for a responce. Ragna was starting to calm down, and after half a minute Ragna turned to face Marcus as he slowly got up.

Ragna: Lt. didn't you hear what the computer said? I completed your simulation. You gave me such a task *chuckles shaking his head slightly* such a task that should have been impossible for me to win. You gave me more enemies than I even had sections of the ship. After taking out the one, the sections were damaged too bad to even try for another pass worthwhile pass. I don't get any credit for at least taking out all 4 warbirds? Come on Marcus, lighten up.

Marcus gritting his teeth now, his eyes not wavering from his stare at Ragna.

Marcus: It's Lt. Marcus, I told to watch what you call me.

OFF:

Tag: Marcus
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:18 pm

ON:

== Holodeck 2 ==
== 0300 Hours, Day 3 ==

Jonathan's blood had started boil at some of the comments made by the cadet. All the while he listened, he tried to remind himself again and again that he was a senior officer and a department head. He had found himself in enough hot water after the incident on Maran that he didn't want to find himself there again. Marcus was sure that Kersare would not want to hear that her Chief Strategic Operations Officer had put the newest member of her crew in sickbay with a concussion or broken bones.

Marcus: *cooly* On the record, cadet, you failed to achieve the objectives of this training assignment and chose a reckless path that, in real life, would have ended the lives of 200 people aboard this vessel. That is unacceptable and you will repeat training assignments like this until you get it right. They will be at days and times of my choosing and I don't give a damned if you only got an hour of sleep. Do I make myself clear?

Ragna: *snapping* Yes, sir, crystal.

Marcus: *firmly* Off the record, I think you're arrogant, cocky and way over your head here. This isn't the Academy and you need to learn that before you get someone killed. You're reckless and I don't care one bit for the stunt you pulled.

Jonathan's gaze pierced the cadet's body, which had snapped to full attention when Marcus went on the record with his assessment of the situation. As Marcus finished his statement off the record, Joseph smirked at his final comment.

Marcus: You find something amusing, cadet?

Ragna: No, sir, just ironic.

Marcus: Such as?

Ragna: Well, sir, I know that you pulled a similar stunt aboard the Emory about two years ago.

Marcus: Difference being that my stunt didn't kill everyone aboard.

Ragna: And in the situation provided, I wouldn't have piloted the ship into those Warbirds, sir.

Marcus: Then why do it here? This is the real deal, cadet. I suggest you learn that before you find yourself back at the Academy, or worse yet, in front of an inquiry.

Ragna: Like you were, sir?

Jonathan's blood boiled over. He resisted the urge to grab the cadet by his lapels and smash him into the holodeck wall. Instead, he just stared at him intently, his gaze never being returned as the young officer looked straight ahead.

Marcus: *leaning in closer* Make no mistake, cadet, I will make you life a living hell until you die or get this right.

Jonathan turned and left the cadet alone in the empty holodeck. He moved around the corner and started his march toward the nearest turbolift.

Marcus: Computer, begin drill timer and initiate MVAM separation drill, authorization Marcus 77219 Echo 0.

The corridor was bathed in red and blue light as the computer sounded off for the MVAM drill and Marcus continued toward the turbolift and the bridge.

OFF

Tag: crew

Alrighty, here's the MVAM drill. Basically, everyone needs to get into their positions for separation, however, there will be no physical separation of the ship. Make sure you watch your time. All in all, this drill shouldn't take more than 5 minutes IC so make sure you're watching your times! The drill started at 0300 on Day 3.

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:47 pm

OFF: Hmm....apparently April 21st is MVAM awareness day... lol Sponsored by your local MVAM nut, Lieutenant Marcus. Smile

ON:
<<Turbolift, 0258, Day 3>>

After a few hours of sleep, Isabel was on her way back to the bridge. Her last shift had ended eight hours ago, but after getting something to eat and looking over the stack of PADDs that had a tendency to build up on her desk, she had only managed to acquire four hours of sleep. The PADDs didn't really contain anything overly exciting...some reports from Jadan and Nol for the most part, but Isabel knew that if she didn't look over them then, they'd just pile up and she'd never get through them all.

Isabel was hoping to get a status report from Celtron V in the next few days... Granted, sometimes no news was good news, but she'd rather be kept up to date on the situation there. Perhaps she would contact them later in the day...after having a nice warm cup of chai tea or hot chocolate...something to help wake her up...

The turbolift slowed as it came to a stop at the main bridge. As the doors swished open, red and blue lights starting flashing. Isabel was shocked into a state of alertness as she quickly headed to the center of her bridge. Looking around she noticed Mason still on the bridge, along with Nol.

Turning to them, she spoke quickly, "Report! What's going on here?"

Mason looked back at her, seeming a little confused. "I'm not sure captain... We're en route to Celtron V, nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

"Well something is now. Lieutenant Roran, are you picking up anything with the long or short range scanners?"

Tapping at his console, Roran looked back up at her, "No, nothing. This is most unusual."

Isabel's mind raced. What could be going on? Seemingly no threat, but....then she realized. Marcus. He was conducting an MVAM drill. Quickly she gathered herself. "Alright, we're having an MVAM drill. Mr. Hunt, you'll be in charge of the mid section." Pausing, she tapped her comm badge, "Kersare to Jadan, we're having an MVAM drill, you'll be in charge of the lower section, get to your station."

As Mason headed for the turbolift, Isabel turned back to Nol, "Where is the cadet? For that matter, where is Marcus? Go ahead and initialize MVAM system resource allocations."

Isabel turned quickly and headed for the strategic operations station. It'd been almost a year since she'd been at the console. In a way she missed being a strategic operations officer, but she wouldn't give up her command for it. She loved the Malinche and her crew. As she glanced to the turbolift, waiting for Jonathan and Joe to arrive, she started tapping at the console. If this was any indication, it was bound to be an interesting day.

OFF: Tag crew!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:48 pm

<< USs Malinche >>
<< Day 3, 0300 >>

Ragna was starting to input parameters into the computer for his next simulation, as he found himself shocked to hear the klaxons sounding before he even began the program. Ragna cursed aloud to the empty room, a variety of slurs, including one about how Marcus' mother had a likeness of a canine.

Ragna, for the second time in twenty minutes, found himself springing through the cooridors, this time being more awake, and didn't take any wrong turns, nor did he run into the turbolift doors. When he reached the turbolift instead of heaving this time, he barked to the computer.

Ragna: Computer, Main Bridge!

As the doors opened onto the bridge, Ragna noticed that Marcus was just getting out of the turbolift across the room. Joe walked briskly to his position at the helm, immediately pulling up a quick scan of the area, then inputting coordinates for each, the alpha, beta, and gamma sections of the ship, a process he's gotten rather used to in the past 24 hours after doing it so many times on the simulations. Not sure of what else had been called out, he started making his report.

Ragna: Coordinates for all 3 sections manually input. Initializing transfer of Navigational and Tactical Patterns to the other sections.

Kersare: Nice Work Cadet, glad you're already farmiliarized with procedures.

Ragna: Yes... I mean, uhh, thank you Captain.

Ragna was shocked, being used to a very coarse Kersare from the holodeck simulations. Obviously Marcus must have changed the crew, he hadn't heard a single word of encouragement on any of Marcus' programs on the holodeck, and all of the ones that weren't made by Marcus were just simulations explaining how to do different functions unique to the Prometheus class ships. Ragna stopped pondering how else Marcus had messed with him, and made sure he kept up his part in the seperation of the Malinche, even if it was only a drill.

Off:
Tag: Crew
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:49 pm

ON:

== Main Bridge ==
== 0301 Hours, Day 3 ==

Marcus stepped onto the bridge and quietly slipped into the corner, watching everything unfold. He listened intently as Ragna ripped off several confirmation messages from the CONN. All the while junior officers did the same from their stations, waiting to be relieved by their superiors. The entire bridge was a cacophanous mess of voices and confirmations; there was chaos everywhere.

Kersare noticed Marcus standing at the back of the bridge watching, his eyes intently focused on the cadet manning the CONN station. She stepped up to him and watched with him for several moments.

Kersare: 3 am?

Marcus: *shrugging and smiling* You said to surprise you.

Kersare: That's an understatement. *turning to the bridge crew* Cadet, what's our status?

Ragna: *without turning* Navigation and tactical manuevers uplink completed, decoupling protocols underway. Less than four minutes to separation sequence.

Kersare: *under her breath* C'mon...

Marcus watched carefully as precious seconds ticked away in the drill. He stepped to the strategic operations station on the bridge and noted the message from Tactical Astrometrics that both of his officers had arrived and were in position. Jonathan supressed a smile as he watched the chaos continue to unfold.

OFF

Tag: crew ... 4 minutes IC left!

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:50 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Grayson's Quarters, 0300, day 3>>

The Alarm made Mark jump of his bed. When it was informed it was only a MVAM drill, Mark growled.

Grayson: For pete's sake! This must be one of Marcus drills. I hate drills. Marcus should be the one to be drilled... Literally....

And he kept ranting as he walked to the bathroom. He was not having a good night sleep, but, at least he was sleeping. After spending all day with a telepath, he got tired of avoiding thinking about what happened in the enquiry.

For about five minutes Mark had to stay up and alert. That how the procedure ordered. Actually, procedure ordered that senior officers should go to their posts, but Mark wasn't in the mood to put his uniform and stand in his office for the rest of the drill.

He sighed. He doubted he would sleep again that night.

Grayson: Damn MVAM drills... I hate drills... Drills should be banned...

And he kept ranting for the rest of the drill, looking outside of his window.

OFF: Well, just to keep our resident MVAM nut happy. :)
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:52 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Engineering, Day 3, 0300>

Jadan considered himself a very tempored man. But being woken up at 3am with alarm sirens blarring to the sound of an MVAM was not something that he was a fan of. In fact he secretly wanted to kill the very idiot that had concieved of such an idea. Rushing into engineering he got the call from Isabel.

His staff was appearing; they only had a handful on duty during the evening hours as they weren't really planning on charging into battle...or dealing with a drill like this.

"Something wrong?" Nash (NPC) asked, looking at Jadan.

"Nothing, just wished that I was on the main section with the captain....because if I was I would drop kick whoever's idea this was out the nearest airlock."

"You always told us to be prepared," Nash responded, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Yeah, I did...and if this were real we would have some warning as to what was about to happen. Tactically this is about a useful as a Klingon in a China shop."

Jadan tapped a variety of icons, bringing the engineering section to full readiness, he opened a channel to Kersare.

"We're all ready down here sir, although you'll experience some lag time in the lateral phaser arrays in the secondary section; someone forgot to tell me so I could take the diagnostic off-line."

Jadan didn't care about his curt reply; though drills were necessary in this case he should have been notified. Had they been working on the computer core or something equally as bad things could have gone wrong, very quickly.

OFF:

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:52 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Sickbay, Day 3, 0300>

Brad was taking serious thought to stunning whatever man decided they needed a battle drill at 3am. He had a few ideas on who it might be and made a mental note to torture them on thier next visit to sickbay. Well, that and knock Marcus's head off, if it was him behind it. The man was supposed to be getting at least 10 hours sleep and still taking on a light work load.

"What the hell are they doing now?" Rob (NPC) asked, as they rushed into sickbay.

"Someone's very bad idea of a joke," Brad responded. "Zacharias get to the bridge section, thats your truf. Marsid (NPC) you'll be in the engineering section, grab your kits and get out of here."

They quickly did as they were told, Brad activating thier EMH as well as openining a channel to the bridge.

"Sickbay to bridge."

"Go ahead."

"Medical teams are deployed, sickbay is ready for MVAM, although may I make one request sir."

"Yes Mr. Walker."

"Permission to beat the man who came up with this drill."

"Denied Mr. Walker, just make sure you're ready. Bridge out."

Brad could sense the humor in Kersare's voice despite the fact that she was surrounded by chaos. He had a half a mind to go up to the bridge himself and smack Marcus around of pushing himself. For some reason these command types seemed to think that they were invunerable to the frailties that plagued the rest of thier crew.

OFF: Yes, Marcus the Doctor is mad...lol...I mean you're supposed to be resting, we can't have you collasping again:-)

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:53 pm

ON:

== Captain's Ready Room ==
== 1130 Hours, Day 3 ==

Marcus stepped into Kersare's ready room at her beckoning. She sat behind her desk with a cup of coffee in hand; the drill had had its effect on everyone. Aboard the Emory, Marcus had gotten used to Captain Tullan running drills early in the morning, but he realized this one may have been a little sudden. Jonathan handed Isabel the PADD in his hand and stepped back while she gazed over it.

Kersare: Why don't you tell me the results instead of me reading them.

Marcus: Nine minutes, ma'am.

Kersare: *almost yelling* Nine minutes?! Why the hell were we so far off?

Marcus: A combination of things. Crew response was far from good, but part of that can be attributed to the time. However, several officers didn't even report to their positions for the drill.

Kersare: Like who?

Marcus: I'd rather not give names, ma'am.

Kersare: Noble. What else?

Marcus: There was a small problem with the computer's uplink between the saucer section and secondary and tertiary sections for the navigational and security maneuvers database. I looked into it earlier and it's gone, I'm not sure what caused it.

Kersare: Recommendations?

Marcus: Run it again until the crew can get it right.

Kersare: Let's hold off on that for the time being, Lieutenant.

Marcus: Yes, ma'am.

Kersare: Is there anything else? *Marcus shook his head* Very well, dismissed.

Marcus turned and left her ready room, stepping into the turbolift and heading toward Sickbay and his long delayed checkup with the doctor.

OFF

Tag: Walker for the checkup and Cheetara for our meeting