Future Horizons

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Abubakar
Senior Staff
Location: A hole, usually, sometimes referred to as Blackpool (UK)

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:47 am

<briefing room. Day 20. <1600>

Lieutenant Abubakar walked into the briefing room to catch a young Ensign in front of him being glared at by the Klingon cadet.

He was one officer who was dead against cadets serving in actual positions on Starships, and the thought that this inexperienced girl was going on a major away mission was very troubling to him.

He made no effort in hiding from his face; his immense resentment that a cadet was in a Senior Officers brieifing. He shot the woman a very unapproving look as he sat down. 'God Klingons are ugly' he thought, menataly gagging. Klingon males, in his opinion and of course that was the only one that mattered, were just beyond classing as ugly- they were even beyong being classed as disgusting, Klingon females on the other hand, despite one incident on Risa, were just plain and simple 'unpleasant', 'repulsive' was a word he had often agreed with.

He looked up at the Captain, noticing that Ensign Crazy wasn't in the meeting. This only fueled his resentmant of 'Pie' as he had come to think of her; 'Cadet Pie in this meeting instead of Ensign Crazy.' He shook his head and re-focused on the Captain.

OFF: nothing personal Bri :D Oh and if no one remembers; Ensign Crazy is the name Abubakar tagged Kai with after the turbolift scene.
Lieutenant Abubakar Jaran
Deceased
The Anti-Lamb 666
Flying Monk-eh
U.S.S Malinche

"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:48 am

ON: Sickbay. Day 20. <1600>

Ensign Kai was bored now. In fact, utterly fed up was more accurate. No one had been to see her in like an hour, not even Chelsie, and now there was a beam-in, all the staff seemed really busy.

She drummed her fingers on the side of her bio bed."That's it" she mumbled and started to sit up. The bleep of the status monitors made her head hurt even more than the throbbing pain she still felt when she moved. "Maybe not" she whispered in pain.

It was comforting when Chelsie ran over to see what was up. "I'm going to have to restrain you if you try that once more" she said, smiling softly.

"You know I hate hospitals with a passion, but it's always nice to have a nurse like you, makes it so much less horrible" replied Kai with an attempt at a smile to hide the pain in her head.

Chelsie took Kai's hand, it was an odd feeling. Kai hadn't felt something like that since Adam at the Academy. She looked up and smiled nervously at Chelsie. "And it's nice when we have patients that smile and try to escape" she started to walk away and then put her hand on Sharon's shoulder and gave it an affectionate squeeze, "makes it less boring". Chelsie walked away and Kai was left feeling at Warp 10, but still wishing she was up-ladder in the briefing.

OFF: Kai and the nurse...dun-dun-dun-dun Smile

Ensign Sharon Kai
Chief Communications Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:49 am

<<Conference Room, 1600, Day 20>>

Isabel looked around at the gathered officers, noting that everyone was finally there. Petra, of course, had made a rather interesting entrance. This of course didn't seem to have been taken too well by P'ayanna, from the look on her face. Ah well, time to begin. "Ensign Mavose, please take a seat and we'll begin."

The young trill nodded enthusiastically and took a seat.

"For those of you who just walked in, please pick up a PADD," Isabel said, pointing to the unclaimed PADDs sitting on the table, "They contain some of the basic information we'll be going over in this meeting, although I believe some of you have information to add."

She paused, waiting for the rest of the PADDs to get dispersed. "Most of you have already heard this, but I'll say it again. Going on the Away Team to retrieve High Council Member Trelin(NPC) will be Cadet P'ayanna, Commander Hunt, Lieutenant JG Grayson, Lieutenant Commander Darkhelm, and a few selected Security Officers at Cadet P'ayanna's discretion. At this point, the Away Team is scheduled to leave at 1800 hours, although that can be changed if more time for preparation is needed. We will be talking with the So'Kra and To'Ma leaders about beaming them up here, along with a negotiator - Warrant Officer Tekel Orsad - for the negotiations tomorrow at 0900 hours. Myself, Ensign Navdante, and Ensign Mavose will be involved with the negotiations. Preparations will begin at 0800. That should hopefully give the Away Team ample time to retrieve Trelin."

Isabel took a sip of her water, sitting on the table. These long speeches sure could make her mouth dry. Oh well. Most of the Officers looked somewhat thoughtful about what she'd said, and some were still calmly waiting for more information. "During this meeting, I'd like to hear from Ensign Mavose about the results of her scans, Lieutenant JG Grayson about any further intel he's acquired, and then any of the rest of you as the need arises based on what's already been said. It may be that after we hear the latest Science and Intel further preparations will have to be made, in whichcase I'd like to hear about what steps we can take to ensure we are successful in our efforts."

Another final glance around the room told Isabel who was representing the various departments - Commander Hunt and herself for Command, Lieutenant Abubakar for Flight Control, Ensign Tamlin (NPC) for Communications since Ensign Kai was in Sickbay, Lieutenant JG Grayson for Intelligence, Lieutenant Barrett for Operations, Lieutenant Thundera and Cadet P'ayanna for Security/Tactical, Lieutenant JG Breland (NPC) for Engineering due to Ensign Harrison being sent to Sickbay, Ensign Mavose and Ensign Riker for Science, Lieutenant Commander Darkhelm for Medical, and Ensign Navdante for Counseling.

"I'd like to say a few things about what will be going on during the Negotiations, then we'll move on to Ensign Mavose's information, followed by Lieutenant JG Grayson's. Negotiations will be taking place in this conference room. I would like two Security Officers stationed outside this door, and one inside, in case anyone decides to try something. Commander Hunt, assuming the Away Team is back in time, which I would hope is the case, I'd also like you present at the meeting, as well as Lieutenant JG Grayson. During the negotiations, Lieutenant Thundera will have the bridge, and Ensign Riker, I want you at the Science station, doing continual scanning," she said.

"Not a problem Captain," Paul replied.

Isabel nodded. "Another important thing I want happening during the Away Mission - Ensign Tamlin, you and Ensign Kai will be monitoring all channels. I want one of you staying in contact in with the Away Team, and the other to be monitoring other communications so we hopefully can get a heads up about other things."

Ryan looked up at her, "Well, that'd be fine, but Ensign Kai's still in Sickbay from that last attack..."

Grinning, Isabel responded, "Actually Mr. Tamlin, your Chief Communications Officer should be released within an hour. I'll make sure she gets the information."

Petra spoke up then, "Oh! Captain! I could tell her about it!! I was going to go see her after the meeting anyway, so I can just tell her when I go." The eager young officer smiled.

"Very well, you may tell her. Also make sure she gets a PADD with all the information on it, and give her a thorough briefing on this meeting, along with the instructions to contact me with any questions, alright?"

"Sure! No problem, I'll take care of it," Petra said, nearly bouncing in her seat.

Isabel shook her head slightly at the enthusiasm of her Chief Science Officer. Then again, it was probably better to have an enthusiastic officer rather than one that didn't want to do their job. "Alright, Ensign Mavose, why don't you go ahead and give us your report?"

OFF: Tag Mavose, crew. Mavose should be writing a post pretty soon or today at least, the rest of you are more than welcome to post your thoughts, or interject a question - I should be checking the forums *fairly* regularly today, so I could post a response. If you have any questions, let me know. :)
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:51 am

Quote:
"Very well, you may tell her. Also make sure she gets a PADD with all the information on it, and give her a thorough briefing on this meeting, along with the instructions to contact me with any questions, alright?"

"Sure! No problem, I'll take care of it," Petra said, nearly bouncing in her seat.

Isabel shook her head slightly at the enthusiasm of her Chief Science Officer. Then again, it was probably better to have an enthusiastic officer rather than one that didn't want to do their job. "Alright, Ensign Mavose, why don't you go ahead and give us your report?"

P'ayanna truly did try to think of something -anything- other than how she was shamed by the mere presence of Mavose. To make matters worse, she would now be forced to listen to her squeaks and other cowardly chatter as she briefed the group. It truly made her wish that she could simply see the raw data and assess it on her own.

Still, she was stuck here and would have to listen. The Commanding Officer, herself, wished to hear what she had to say, which meant that they all would suffer equally. Such was the nature of things, although she did wish this were a Klingon ship. A few fists to the teeth would end her silly, girlish chatter, for once and for all.

OFF: Spreading the love!
NCC-38897-B

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:57 am

ON: USS Malinche; Deck 1; Conference Room 1
<<Mission Day 20 - 1605 hours>>,

The Cap'n wrote:

Petra bounced from her chair, which was naturally beside her most favoritest Klingon in the entire galaxy. The smile on her face never deteriorated. "Of course, Cap'n!" She announced with extreme enthusiasm... about a gazillion times more enthusiasm than the jolly Klingon beside her was showing... but that was the Klingon way.

After standing, no, bouncing from her chair, she walked over towards the computer interface on the other side of the room -- PADD in hand. If she wasn't in such a professional setting she would pretty much be skipping around the table... but given her personality and being around so many nice people, she was almost at the point of skipping irregardless.

Isabel stepped aside as Petra approached the computer interface, and then sat in the empty seat to the left, "Ensign, whenever you're ready."

Petra smiled happily as she approached the Captain and smiled wider as she looked at all the people gathered. "Hi everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Petra, your Chief Science Officer. I just wanted to say that it'll be so nice to serve aboard the Malinche with all of you!"

Clearing her throat, she continued. "Anywhoo, the good captain here had asked me to get detailed scans of the location Trelin was being held. The scans were very accurate, to say the very least. Just give me one moment to upload them from this PADD to the computer interface here."

Taking a quick moment, she connected the PADD to the terminal and initiated the upload. After a few seconds, she began accessing the data. "Now, as you can see here..." she stopped in mid-sentence as an outline of the meeting agenda appeared on the screen. "Errr... I took the wrong PADD."

Looking across the Conference Table, she saw her PADD sitting next to P'ayanna. "Cadet P'ayanna, could you be a dear and toss that PADD to me?"

Isabel sucked in her breath and bit her lip in apprehension as Petra asked P'ayanna to toss the PADD to her. Somehow Isabel didn't think P'ayanna appreciated it....or being called dear. Nevertheless, P'ayanna must have decided the quickest way to not have to listen to her roomie was to comply. A few moments later a PADD flew across the room aimed at Petra.

Dropping the first PADD, absent-mindedly, Petra stretched her arms out to catch her other PADD. It had been tossed a tad bit more forcefully than she had expected and almost smashed into the wall. She fumbled with it as she attempted to gain a firm grasp on it. She did, and an obvious showing of contentment was evident on her face. "Thanks P'ay! I owe you one!"

Stepping back to the terminal, she started uploading the information. "Now, as I was saying" she began... again, "what you're seeing here is a zoomed in three dimensional image of the military complex where we believe the To'Ma are holding Trelin." She indicated at the monitor. "Scans could not locate him."

Not able to locate him? Hrm. "Ensign, why couldn't Trelin be located?" Isabel frowned slightly, as she moved slightly in her chair to get a better look at the 3-d image.

Petra shook her head. "Nope! But, I think he could be deeper inside the complex... within the pink area on the..." Petra stopped herself as she looked at the image. "Computer! I told you a pretty shade of pink! Increase the Magneta Levels of the pink by 35 percent."

The computer altered the image.

Petra sighed. "That's a little better." Turning back to her audience, she smiled. "Now, this pink area of the complex is the outer-layer of a dampening field. My scans couldn't penetrate it." She paused momentarily before continuing. "I found this odd, considering the To'Ma isn?t so advanced to be able to block our scans. So, after focusing on the energy signature, the computer has confirmed that it is of Klingon design."

"Will the presence of the dampening field lead to any other complications? Or does it just affect long range scans?" Mikaela (NPC) spoke up.

"I'm not sure,? Petra admitted, "although, with it being a Klingon dampening field, they've been known to prevent direct beam-ins and it may render all particle and phase weapons inoperatable."

Through the corner of her eye, she saw P'ayanna's mouth form a very small smile, even if for only a moment. If she was like all the other Klingons, she'd be happy to have some hand to hand combat.

"Though, it's merely a possibility. It can cause just about any type of complication. My advice is to be prepared for anything."

That made Isabel pause...this dampening field could really hinder things for the Away team... "Will we still be able to beam them from the ship to a location near the complex?"

Petra looked back at the monitor and studied it. "It's possible, but I would strongly recommend against it. There may be trace residual particles, from the dampening field, surrounding the entire complex. If there are any, they would scramble the transporter patterns. The end result wouldn't be very pretty."

Isabel turned to Jaran, "Lieutenant Abubakar, would you be able to come up with a flight plan to drop off our away team?"

"Absolutely, I can work on it right away," he replied. "But we may want to find a way to mask the shuttle, or else we could get shot down before we even get close."

Mikaela spoke up again, "The engineering department can work on something. Until Ensign Harrison returns I can lead the team, if that's alright Captain."

"Yes, please do so Ms. Breland," Isabel responded. It was nice to have a crew that would step up when needed. "Ensign Mavose, please continue."

"Well, the area immediately surrounding the complex is coated with short-range fighters and armed to the teeth. There are one hundred, fifty-seven guards currently surrounding the dampened area, all spread out within a radius of half a kilometer."

Isabel nodded, she wasn't surprised that the place was heavily guarded, ?And no guesses as to how many are inside, due to the dampening field... What is the surrounding terrain like?"

Petra nodded. "It's impossible to determine how many are inside the Dampening Field, but I'm willing to bet the place is crawling with Klingons... assuming that they're even on the planet. As for the terrain, it's deep within a valley. The valley itself is fairly dense with forests."

"Are there any good places Mr. Abubakar's shuttle could leave the Away Team? And what about alternate ways into the complex, other than through the front door?" Isabel wasn't sure how much of the information Petra would have about other entrances, but it was always worth a shot - there may be some kind of underground entrance or...something. If not, Mark might have some information on it. In either case, it never hurt to ask.

"I'm not entirely sure. I did horrible on battle tactics and such back in the Academy and would feel much more comfortable if someone else looked at the map for a drop-off site. As for other entrances, I only know of the front door." Petra felt bad, not knowing more than she did already, but didn't let it show.

Isabel smiled at Petra, "Don't worry about it; I'm sure Mr. Abubakar can work on a drop off site and Mr. Grayson could see about any other possible entrances, correct?" Both men nodded. "Did you find anything else remarkable about that particular area, the complex, or the dampening field, Ensign?"

Petra thought about it for a moment, and her head sunk a bit. "No... I can't think of anything more to add..."

"What about any spacial anomalies that could hinder the shuttle or the ship while we're here? And did you find anything more about that Klingon vessel you found earlier, or the one that's been following us?" Hopefully Petra would be able to provide some more insight, although Isabel was glad she'd obtained the information she had thus far. She shuddered at the thought of what could have happened if they hadn't known about the dampening field.

Petra never even considered Spacial Anomalies... but... "Well, the computer would've told me about any anomalies, and since it hasn't, I think it'd be safe to assume there aren't any... but I can double check after the meeting is concluded." She paused and thought about the Klingon ships. "I don't know the status of the Klingons either."

Isabel nodded, "Could you check into both of those after you've gone to talk with Ensign Kai, please? And do you have anything else to add?"

The Science Officer shooked her head no. "I can't think of anything else..." she said apologetically.

"Thank you Petra, go ahead and have a seat," Isabel said. "Does anyone have anything to say regarding what we've found out thus far? If not, I'll ask Mr. Grayson or anyone else that has relevant information or comments to speak up now."

Petra smiled and nodded her head to the captain and took a step back towards her chair. CRUNCH! Moving her foot back, she looked at the remains of the first PADD she took up with her. She had completely forgotten about it when P'ayanna tossed the other one to her. "Errr..."

Biting her bottom lip, she walked back to her seat meekly, having everyone's eyes on her.

As she sat down, she moved her chair closer to her Klingon friend. "It's ok! I'll just look off of Cadet P'ayanna's PADD with her! After all, that's what friends are for!"

Isabel chuckled to herself, not convinced that P'ayanna would be overly thrilled about this. She also made a mental note to give a PADD to Petra for Ensign Kai after the meeting.

OFF:

This Joint Post brought to you by:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche
NCC 38997-B

*-* AND *-*

Ensign Petra Mavose
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche

Grayson
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:00 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Conference Room 1, 1605, day 20>>

Mark watched that surreal briefing by Ensign Mavose, trying very hard not to laugh at the ensign behavior. Clearly, she wasn't right on the head. "But, who is around here?", thought hm.

The way Mavose talked to P'ayanna made Mark wonder how the young woman was still alive. Again, Mark had to contain his laughter looking at P'ayanna's demeanor. If a look could kill, Mavose would have died a thousand times.

Still, Petra Mavose had been very complete in her briefing. The problem regarding the dampening field had not surprised Mark, but, had made him uneasy. Of course, Mark had interrogated the prisoner To'Ma for some time. Tretlian (NPC) had been very cooperative after the "good cop/bad cop" game Mark and P'ayanna had played.

He told Mark a lot things about the fortress geography. He even told Mark some of the codes to open doors. Of course, Mark had tested the codes for authenticity and they checked out.

The only thing Tretlian hadn't been honest was the number of enemies. But, Mark suspected the numbers had been reinforced in the recent hours of the day. The Klingons were expecting battle.

Fortunely to the away team, Mark had acquired another way to enter the complex. He returned his attention to the briefing in time to see Mavose sitting near P'ayanna.

"It's ok! I'll just look off of Cadet P'ayanna's PADD with her! After all, that's what friends are for!" , was saying her, with a very... Merry face.

Mark cleared his voice to pay attention. "Hum. Captain?"

"Yes, Mark?", replied Kersare.

"My interrogation with the prisoner were effective. The Celtronian, after some "persuading", gave everything he knew, which was quite a lot of information. He described to me the fortress schematics. I believe we can make our entry by the sewer."

Mark clcked his PADD and the Conference Room screen came to life. "Here's the fortress main entrance", said him. A small point blinked. "Two hundreds meters to the sout, way from most of the Klingon patrols, there's a sealed sewer door."

The screen zoomed out the map, point the location Mark described. "Opening the door shouldn't be too hard. But, I suggest we avoid explosives. We don't want to call hundreds of enemies to our location." Mark's tone of voice was flat, cold. There was no reason to be all giddy about the mission.

He continued."The sewer is a quite simple place to navigate. With our tricorders we can find our way to the the Fortress. The prisoner pinpointed to me three locations for our invasion. Two of them are very distant from the prison. The third is closer, but could be riskier. I'll let the choice of location for you, Captain."

Mark made a pause, looking at the Senior Crew. "It's my belief the To'Ma are being manipulated by the fallen Klingon House of Raktor. For what Tretilan told me, the Klingons promised total freedom for the To'Ma after the War is over, but, another source - one I can't reveil its identity for security sake - told me that the To'Ma leadership will be eliminated soon after the conquest is over. Garshon Trelin appears to be only a present to them, a distraction. The To'Ma get satisfied watching Trelin (NPC) rot in prison and the House of Raktor prepares their downfall. Treacheary all the way."

With that Mark pointed one last thing the map. "This location is the armory. It's heavily guarded. But, if we can plant some explosives, we could make hell break loose down there and give us the diversion we need to rescue our target. The Klingons are reinforcing the fortress, so if we are going to accomplish this mission we have little time."

Mark turned the screen off took a deep breath and finished his briefing. "This is not an easy mission, but, It's doable."

He leaned back and watched the other's reactions.

OFF:
Tag crew.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Abubakar
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:03 am

Briefing Room. Day 20. <1607>

Abubakar listen to the Intel' Chief with great interest, anything this guy could tell him would prove extremely useful when Abubakar made his flight plan, which was already buzzing around in his head.

"Thank you Mr. Grayson, I'll incorporate that information to my flight plan, I've already got a good idea of what we could do." He said, trying not to sound too arrogant but likely failing miserably.

He was taking great enjoyment however, that the Klingon was getting increasingly aggitated. Trying to suppress laughter, he kept his eyes hammered on the display screen so as not to unwittingly look at the exchange of Petra's smiling invasions of Pie's PADD, and Pie's repeated annoyed grunts, scowls and looks that promised a slow and painful death to Petra. He bit his lip so hard once, that he started to faintly taste blood in his mouth.

OFF: *wonders just how long Petra will have the ability to have a pulse after this meeting is over*, don't Klingons eat the hearts of thier enemies? :D
Deceased
The Anti-Lamb 666
Flying Monk-eh
U.S.S Malinche

"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Hunt
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:04 am

<USS Malinche>

<Briefing Room, Day 20, 1607>

Although Mason personally felt the place of the XO was at the Captain's side during any situation on and off ship, he had his orders as did everyone else. He sat there in his chair. The idea of traveling threw a sewer system was not at all appealing not even in the smallest way. Without going into detail on that in his mind he quickly grabbed another cup of coffee.

As he sat there he really wondered if they could get Trelin out of there in one piece, each member of the team was indeed well trained and qualified for this away mission detail but going by what Grayson was briefing everyone on he still had his doubts. He wasn't sure exactly why he was choosen to be on the team P'ayanna leading it with Grayson, Darkhelm and Security officers Mason just wasn't sure about what he was to do during this rescue.

He didn't want to interupt the flow of the meeting so he remained quite and serine. In the recess of his mind, the XO was confident that P'ayanna would an exceptional job.

Mason had his fill of coffee and sat there listening to Kersare continue on with the mission briefing hoping that no one in the room including her would notice his bad posture and facial expressions.

OFF: Tag Kersare and Crew
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:06 am

Quote:
He didn't want to interupt the flow of the meeting so he remained quite and serine. In the recess of his mind, the XO was confident that P'ayanna would an exceptional job.

Mason had his fill of coffee and sat there listening to Kersare continue on with the mission briefing hoping that no one in the room including her would notice his bad posture and facial expressions.

<Conference Room, Day 20, 1610>

Shoving the padd even farther away so as to keep Ensign Mavose (and the terrible smell of whatever floral oil was in her hair) as far away as possible, P'ayanna said, "perhaps it would be wise to sow confusion among our enemies. We have trained to fight in the dark. Perhaps we might knock out main power to the facility. I am no scientist..."

P'ayanna simply glared at her self-satisfied roommate as she seemed to find some form of justification for her miserable existence. "A photon pulse above should disrupt power." It wouldn't take down the dampening field, as those devices were hardened, but it should take down some of their sensors and lighting."

Letting that sink in for a moment, P'ayanna ignored the enthusiastic squeak from Petra. "Also, I propose a misdirection. A microtorpedo from a second shuttle would breach the walls and make them believe we intended to enter through the hole." It wasn't a perfect solution, --none ever was in battle-- but it was one that should sow confusion in the enemy ranks.
NCC-38897-B

Abubakar
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:07 am

Quote:

Letting that sink in for a moment, P'ayanna ignored the enthusiastic squeak from Petra. "Also, I propose a misdirection. A microtorpedo from a second shuttle would breach the walls and make them believe we intended to enter through the hole."

OOC: Abubakar hasn't actualy given the flight plan IC yet, he hasn't actualy even thought about it. So no one knows about the second shuttle Smile Sowwy....

ON: Conference Room. Day 20. <Directly After P'ayanna>

Abubakar had a thought suddenly run up to him, giggling, and slap him in the face screaming 'why didn't you think of me before!'.
"Captain, we could fly a shuttle over the complex and use it to scan for Trelin and confirm the interior layout as provided by Mr. Grayson's guest." he paused for thought then continued, "I'm no Security Officer, but what I say here I say as someone who used to be involved with Intel'" He saw Grayson's ears practicaly pick up when he said that, "Attacking in the dark, on someone elses terrirory is in my opinon a terrible idea. Any number of things could go wrong; they could have seperate batteries for lighting, one or more emergency generators. If they manage to bring power online, we will lose our edge and have wasted the element of surprise." he looked around the room, and stood up to begin a slow walk round the table.

"What I've got going on in my head at the moment is this; we drop two shuttles down. Both with whatever masking device Engineering can come up with. One of them," he paused to consider, "a Type 9, the other a Type 11. We drop the T9 to make a pass over the complex, it can scan to locate Trelin and as I said, confirm the interior layout, we could perhaps drop a few torps or skim the ground with phasers- try to take out some of those fighters. The T9 then makes a beeline away from the complex, throwing out torps all the way trying to take out as many of those guards of possible." He was walking behind the Captain now. "The T11, with the away team in, will be positioned a fair distance from the field perimeter so that the shuttle is not seen by the guards that Miss Mavose' scans have detected. The T9 will drop torps all the way to the T11. By the time the T9 makes its approach to the complex, the team will already be inside the field and well on thier way. Juding by the map..." he stopped at the display to zoom the map out, showing a large area with a good deal of it a shade of pink, "we could drop here" he pointed to an area roughly 10k's away from the perimiter edge. "I know it's a trek, but it's the only way to ensue a discreet infiltration. As the T9 will have only just passed over, they will most likely be expecting a full on assault later on and will not be prepared for us to come in now. That coupled with Pie, er... Cadet P'ayanna's idea about the hole, should ensure the team gets in and out successfuly."

He look around the room again at all the contemplative faces, "I just don't think that knocking out power will do us any good. Running a dampening field like that, they obviously have good power-loss contingencies."

<tag room>

OFF
Deceased
The Anti-Lamb 666
Flying Monk-eh
U.S.S Malinche

Grayson
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:08 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<< Conference Room 1, 1614, Day 20>>

OLD:

"I just don't think that knocking out power will do us any good. Running a dampening field like that, they obviously have good power-loss contingencies."

NEW:

Grayson curiosity about Abubakar mention about him working in Intell, had been replaced by irritation. All Helm Jokeys were arrogant cocky people. Mark could see that one was no different from the description.

"Excuse me to say, Mr. Abukakar, since when are you the strategist in this room?", asked him, a creepy edge in his voice. Before somone could talk, Mark continued. "I don't appreciate the idea of someone questioning the information I obtained."

He added, sarcasm dripping off his every word. "Only a helsman to come up with a plan that use several shuttles. I don't see a flaw in the plan, but I'm sure there is one."

OFF: tag people. Don't mind Mark... He's being mean. :P
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:10 am

P'ayanna wrote:
Shoving the padd even farther away so as to keep Ensign Mavose (and the terrible smell of whatever floral oil was in her hair) as far away as possible, P'ayanna said, "perhaps it would be wise to sow confusion among our enemies. We have trained to fight in the dark. Perhaps we might knock out main power to the facility. I am no scientist..."

Petra smiled at her friend and Roomie as she leaned closer to the Klingon warrior, all in vain attempt to read what was on the PADD. The only thing she could recall was the first few lines when she had accidentally displayed it on the viewer, as well as when she first... What in the Holy Heavens was that awful, awful stench?

P'ayanna had apparently finished speaking and was staring at her. Apparently she must've squeaked when she had first smelled that putrid smell. Or maybe... no... she couldn't recall farting in the middle of the meeting... but then again, she wasn't very self aware, as she was leaning over P'ayanna trying to get more of a glimpse of the PADD.

For once, the glare P'ayanna was giving her made her shrink back and sit in her seat. 'Maybe I did fart...' she thought to herself. 'But... the smell, it's gone...'. Looking at P'ayanna, a theory crossed her mind.

Leaning back over, she made it appear as if she were trying to glimpse at the PADD... but she kept smelling the air as she got closer to P'ayanna. Yup. There's the smell again. And was it just her, or was it getting worse. Her breathing ceased up and she began to choke on the rotten air. Her eyes began to water as she sat back up straight in her chair, trying her best not to gag and wheeze.

Grayson wrote:
"Excuse me to say, Mr. Abukakar, since when are you the strategist in this room?", asked him, a creepy edge in his voice. Before somone could talk, Mark continued. "I don't appreciate the idea of someone questioning the information I obtained."

He added, sarcasm dripping off his every word. "Only a helsman to come up with a plan that use several shuttles. I don't see a flaw in the plan, but I'm sure there is one."

Petra looked at Grayson as he basically errupted at the Bajoran. She was about to stand up and ask him to calm down a bit, but the smell was growing more and more putrid. The room started to spin a bit, she was starting to sweat. She tried to focus on the meeting, on the ensuing argument, and prayed to every God in the High Heavens that nobody was noticing her attempts to keep herself from throwing up.

'Oh why P'ayanna.... Why!?'

OFF: "...and the terrible smell of whatever floral oil was in her hair", eh? :wink:

Ensign Petra Mavose
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche

Former Member

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:11 am

Quote:
Petra looked at Grayson as he basically errupted at the Bajoran. She was about to stand up and ask him to calm down a bit, but the smell was growing more and more putrid. The room started to spin a bit, she was starting to sweat. She tried to focus on the meeting, on the ensuing argument, and prayed to every God in the High Heavens that nobody was noticing her attempts to keep herself from throwing up.

Annoyed and quite tired of the girl to her right, P'ayanna shoved Petra away with her elbow and then started listening to the b'jorngan petaQ begin to spout veQ and HuH as if he had any idea about what he was talking. First, he stupidly decided that her plan would alert the enemy and then developed a subtle way of telling any and all that the team was coming. Furthermore, he greatly underestimated the Klingon force's ability to eliminate his gagny shuttle. Fortunately, Grayson dealt with him for her.

"Excuse me to say, Mr. Abukakar, since when are you the strategist in this room? I don't appreciate the idea of someone questioning the information I obtained."

P'ayanna nodded. This abu-somthing-Qar yIntagh clearly knew nothing and yet wished to sound as if he did. She knew the sort; most were good kissers yet tended to miss the mouth.

Grayson added, "Only a helsman to come up with a plan that use several shuttles. I don't see a flaw in the plan, but I'm sure there is one."

Folding her arms, P'ayanna gave the first so-called flaw. "Klingon shock troops are equipped to shoot down shuttles, so this feint is a poor choice of tactics. Perhaps you would fly this personally so that your ashes might rain down on the warriors of the Empire." Turning her head to the Captain, she said, "Captain, there are two options. Overt or covert assault. Small diversionary tactics rely on subterfuge. An all-out assault would require more troops than we have. His," she shrugged toward the b'jorngan in red, "idea would cause far more alertment than mine. Although I do not mind dying in battle, I would prefer a glorious victory to being betrayed by his foolishness."

OFF: Making friends and influencing others in style!
NCC-38897-B

Abubakar
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:12 am

ON: Directly After Grayson, Day 20. Conference Room.

Abubakar's mouth went into a sort of aggressive snarl and he stormed a few giant steps towards Grayson, flinging his own empty chair round as he did so. "If you have something to say about, Lieutenant Junior Grade" he emphasised the word 'junior', then get it over with and we'll settle out diffences the old fashioned way"

<tag Grasyon>

He noticed the Captain about to say something when Cadet Pie chimed in;

Folding her arms, P'ayanna gave the first so-called flaw. "Klingon shock troops are equipped to shoot down shuttles, so this feint is a poor choice of tactics. Perhaps you would fly this personally so that your ashes might rain down on the warriors of the Empire." Turning her head to the Captain, she said, "Captain, there are two options. Overt or covert assault. Small diversionary tactics rely on subterfuge. An all-out assault would require more troops than we have. His," she shrugged toward the b'jorngan in red, "idea would cause far more alertment than mine. Although I do not mind dying in battle, I would prefer a glorious victory to being betrayed by his foolishness."

He twitched, he did not care for being belittled, not in private and certainly not in front of colleagues. He could have very easily punched Grayson, and Pie too- he would never hit a woman, but then he didn't consider this Klingon Mongrel to be a woman anyway. Perhaps he could muzzle her though...

"Are you two ignorant fools?" he shouted as he strormed back to the display. "The team will be virtualy all the way there by the time the shuttle makes a pass, they will be expecting a later all out assault- especialy if we make a hole!" his fists were clenched at his sides, how he wanted so much to knock the insolent Grayson out of the window, and the dog along with him. Klingons were little more than entertaining pets.

He turned his attention to Pie-Dog, "I fail to see how your mangy warriors will shoot down a shuttle that they don't see coming and that is traveling at high velocity. It will masking tecnology- they won't see it unti. it's on top of them, by that time it will be gone!" He turned to face Kersare again, his Egyptian-tanned face slowly losing its most recent shade of red. "And I was planning on the T9 being unmanned- preprogrammed. But perhaps Ensign Mavose could use her scanning skills and be on board, increasing our chances of finding Trelin and confirming the layout." his eyes bore into Kersare's, and he added the last bit just to wind up Grayson again. He contemplated how it would be an interesting fight between himself and insolent man, he was aware that they were both in the knowledge of various methods of injuring and killing quickly with minimal effort and maximum effect. He also took immense pleasure as the bubbly face of Ensign Mavose that was pink with glee, turned a sudden shade of grey and dropped like an anvil in High-G.

<tags>
OFF:
Deceased
The Anti-Lamb 666
Flying Monk-eh
U.S.S Malinche

Thundera
Senior Staff

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:13 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<Day 20, Conference Room>

Cheetara sat there listening to the three of them bicker back and forth adding insults each time they rejected another's idea. She began to understand why the Borg would assimulate people. Atleast that way, there'd be no fighting amongst each other. As she continued to listen to them, she began laughing quietly to herself. As it went on even further, she got a little louder until finally the Captain spoke up to her.

"What do you find so funny Cheetara?" Kersare asked.

"I don't think my answer will be that amusing to certain people Captain." she answered

"Please, share with us." the Captain said more as an order and not a request.

"Alright" Cheetara began. "I'm laughing for a couple reasons. The first one being how the three of them are jumping all over each other trying to come up with a better plan than the other, and insulting them as they try."

Someone began to say something and interrupt but Cheetara cut them off.

"I'm not finished yet" she said about to begin again. " I think that instead of them arguing over who has the better plan, why not take the good points of all 3 and form one single plan to eliminate the bad parts. That way there won't be any confusion as to what if this, and what if that." Cheetara paused for a second. "Now, the reason I'm laughing is becuase of the irony of my thoughts as all of this is going on which caused my thoughts."

Cheetara paused as she heard T'serra chuckle a little at the mention of her thoughts. Cheetara wondered if maybe she did a little broadcasting and sent some of them T'serra's way. After all, things have been a little weird between them with things like that since that joint link with that alien ship. Cheetara began speaking again as the Captain's voice interrupted her new thoughts.

"Yes Cheetara? Go on"

"Sorry. As I was saying," she began again. "From all that bickering and arguing like fools, I got an ironic thought in my head. I started thinking, Now I know why the Borg assimulate people, it stops all that unneccesary childish foolishness so that they'll work together as a team. "

Cheetara then stopped talking and looked around the room at all the facesas she sat back in her chair. She noticed a few of them really didn't like her thought. But she hadn't really cared. She just hoped that maybe that would show them how foolish and childish that they were being amongst each other, and it would help them to actually work together instead of bicker back and forth.

OFF: tag whoever! LMAO
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A