Future Horizons

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Future Horizons

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:34 pm

<<Kersare's Quarters, 1402, Day 1>>

Shoreleave had been an interesting mix of stressful and peaceful for Isabel. She was very glad to have Jonathan and Mark back, although something about the inquiry didn't sit quite right with her. For now she would do her best to let it go and simply be thankful. Her time with Mason at his home had been wonderful. Most officers seemed to keep her at arm's length because she was the captain, but Mason had been able to relax, which was good, in her opinion. Hopefully she'd get to know all of her crew better as time went on.

The Malinche was still in spacedock, awaiting orders for her new mission. Isabel could tell that the crew was a little anxious to start their next mission, so hopefully their orders would come soon. As she headed over to her bookshelf, she heard the beep of an incoming transmission. Turning back, she walked over to her desk and sat down.

"Incoming message, Captain's eyes only," the computer stated.

"Verify Captain Isabel Kersare. Authorization Gamma Gamma Tau Three."

"Authorization accepted."

Leaning forward, Isabel read through the message. It was the orders for their new mission. After reading through them, she stood, smoothing her uniform as she tapped her comm badge. "Kersare to all senior staff members. Report to conference room B immediately."

<<Conference Room B, 1420>>

As the last of the senior officers arrived, Isabel stood. They had all arrived quickly and were now waiting for her to begin.

"I have just received our new orders. We are to proceed to Celtron V immediately. The planet is in the Vortor System, near the Neutral Zone. A civil war is imminent between the two Celtronian factions, the So'Kra and To'Ma. StarFleet feels the the presence of the Malinche may help to prevent it."

As she paused, looking around at her staff, Isabel noticed Mark lean forward in his chair. He turned and asked her, "Captain, what exactly are they fighting over?"

"It seems that a wormhole exists very close to Celtron V. For years the Celtronians have viewed it as something to be worshipped, admired, and protected... However, a good portion of them have recently changed their minds. The To'Ma feel that the wormhole should be explored and used to benefit the people by granting them access to more places. The So'Kra follow the traditional beliefs and are vehemently against this idea. Thus far they've just been arguing about it, but sources say that both have been mobilizing starships and militias to prepare for war. One of their High Council members, Garshon Trelin(NPC) has been trying to negotiate between the two factions, but with little success."

"How much contact has the Federation had with the Celtronians? I don't recall much about them," Mason said as he looked at the other crewmembers, who nodded in agreement.

"The Federation hasn't had much contact with them actually. Apparently some of their people wanted to join the Federation, but not everyone agreed, so it was put off."

Isabel took a deep breath before continuing, "Mr. Grayson, I want you to work with Counselor Navdante and see what you can find out about these people. Culture, laws, beliefs, government; whatever you can find. Marcus, you, MacLeod, and Thundera will work out our tactical options in case of a land or space battle. As always, we want to minimize casualties, although I'd prefer to keep the count at zero. Doctor, I want Sickbay ready for mass casualties; if you think you'll require more room, Jadan and Roran can help convert a cargo bay or holodeck for you. In the meantime, I want Jadan and Roran to go over the repairs and modifications made while we were in spacedock to ensure that everything is in good order. Commander Hunt, go ahead to the bridge and have Cadet Ragna lay in a course for Celtron V, then get us underway. If there are no other questions, you're dismissed."

The officers started filing out of the room as Isabel turned to have one last look at Earth. The time for relaxation was over. This mission could get very tense, but luckily she felt that the crew was ready for it. Hopefully it would end in peace, but only time would tell.

OFF: Tag Crew
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:01 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Sickbay, 1430, Day 1>

Brad did not have a good feeling about this. Things were always inherently more complicated then what they started out to be and he could sense this mission was going to be one of them. He wasn't sure how well it was going to play out...but he hoped they could find a solution that wouldn't require his or Cheetra's intervention.

As for making the Malinche ready for mass causulities, there was little the doctor could do. Truth be told the Prometheus class of ships was not really designed around such a feat. He could have Jadan and Roran convert a cargo bay, but they had more important things to do.

Instead, he checked with his staff, made sure the medkits were filled in all the key areas and resigned to wait. He did leave a message for Jadan to come see him when he was done with his work in engineering but aside from that did nothing.

Marsid (NPC) and Zacharias (NPC) where both there, looking about at there CMO as if there was something that they could be doing.

"Just relax," Brad stated, heading for his office.

"Is that all?" Rob asked. "I mean don't you want us to do something else?"

Brad shook his head before sitting down. "There isnt really anything else to do, hopefully we'll be bored this trip out."

Both his officers nodded and then left hsi office. He didn't add they could have an actual conversation.

OFF: Tag All, back to novel style for me!

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:09 pm

<< USS Malinche, Bridge >>
<< 1437, Day 1 >>

Commander Hunt walked back on the bridge sitting in his chair. He took a deep breath, then looked to the helm.

Hunt: Cadet Ragna, input coordinates, 103 mark 5 by 218 mark 3, Warp 6.

Ragna: Inputting coordinates. *taps his console a few times* Coorinates set sir.

Hunt: Engage cadet.

Ragna: *taps his console a couple more times* Engaging sir. *pauses until the ship starts to take off into warp* Sir, are we going into the neutral zone?

Hunt: Not quite, but close, we're headed into the Vortor system.

Ragna shook his head looking around the bridge. Shore leave seemed way to short to him. He wondered if everyone else felt the same way. He hadn't been gone long, but he did enjoy home. Besides, at home he could always help his friends plot more troubles for Captain Wallace (NPC) back at the academy. Blinking a few times Ragna focused his eyes back on his console, and started making the routine checks of the navigational systems, trying to see also what information he could gather about what all this ship can do each in one piece, and in MVAM, especially useful knowledge since the ship was going to be passing near the neutral zone.

Off:
Tag: Crew
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:11 pm

ON:

== USS Malinche ==
== 1700 Hours, Day 1 ==

Marcus ambled through the corridors, in no particular hurry. Jumping into a turbolift, he rode it up to the bridge and nodded to several officers as he made his way toward Kersare's Ready Room. He tapped on the chime next to the door and waited for her to beckon him inside. The look on her face told him that she was surprised to see him.

Kersare: *pointing to the PADD in his hand* Tell me that isn't the report you're working with Cheetara and MacLeod on.

Marcus: No, ma'am, my staff and I just finished the battle readiness report.

Kersare: *taking the PADD from him* I didn't ask for this, Lieutenant.

Marcus: I know, but it dawned on me during the inquiry that hadn't filed a battle readiness report since being assigned to the Malinche.

Kersare: I guess you're right. When is your meeting with Cheetara and MacLeod?

Marcus: 0700 tomorrow morning; we're meeting for breakfast.

Kersare: Good. While you guys are meeting, you might want to throw MVAM into the strategy mix; I'm not sure what we're going to face once we get there.

Marcus: It's always part of the strategy, ma'am.

Kersare: *eyeing Marcus mischievously* You have seemed rather zealous to use MVAM. Why is that?

Marcus: It's what I'm good at. My concentration in strategic operations was multi vector attack strategies against single and multiple targets. *noticing the look of confusion on her face* You're probably wondering why you didn't know that. Strategic operations concentrations are classified and only accessible by a handful of people.

Kersare: That makes sense. Speaking of the Academy, how exclusive is the Prometheus training at the Academy?

Marcus: To the best of my knowledge, there is no Prometheus training at the Academy.

Kersare: Then perhaps you'd like to help our resident cadet become acquainted with MVAM?

Marcus: *nodding* I'll schedule some holodeck time with him tomorrow evening. On that note, captain, I'd like to request permission to run an MVAM drill before we arrive.

Kersare: Granted.

Marcus: Thank you, captain. Is there anything else?

Kersare: One thing. Since we won't be arriving at Celtron V for a few days, I want you to see Dr. Walker for regular checkups to make sure that you're back to 100%. The last thing I need on this mission is to lose any of my officers to something that could be prevented.

Marcus: Yes, ma'am. I'll head over there now.

Kersare: Excellent. Dismissed.

Marcus turned and left the ready room, the wheels already spinning in his head. As he meandered out onto the bridge, he spied Ragna sitting at the helm and wandered over to his station at the front of the bridge. Jonathan leaned against the console and looked at him, waiting for the cadet to meet his eyes.

Ragna: Yes, sir?

Marcus: We need to run through some simulations on the Holodeck before we arrive at Celtron V. Your training from the Academy may not be enough for this mission.

OFF

Tag: Walker, Ragna, crew

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:30 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Bridge, 1435, Day 1>

Mason enjoyed his time with Isabel, but now it was time for work once again. He felt refreshed and more energized than he had been in months. Although before he lft he had fogotten his quarters was a complete mess with padd's lying about. The ship was now on course for the Vortor system, Mason had his concerns about this particular mission but then again who among the senior staff didn't. Like them Mason fully trusted Isabel and her orders. Somehow today Mason thought he would change his daily routine around. Having done the same things day in and day out for the past few months now took its daunting weight on the XO.

He handed the bridge over to Cheetara and went to conduct his daily rounds, normally his first stop would have been engineering but the choice at the moment was sickbay. The lift stopped off at deck five taking on more officers mainly crewman and an ensign. He overheard them talking about playing poker later on that day and since he fanced himself to be famed poker player he turned to them.

"Would you mind, if a senior officer and comes in and clean a little house?"

The group laughed and smiled.

"Of course sir, your welcome anytime. We play at 2000 hours tonight. Bring you own chips."

"I'll be there."

The group got off and headed to their assignements, Mason felt good about reaching out to at least some of the crew. In order to have a stable and open relationship with the crew one must make the first step he thought smiling getting of the lift and walking into sickbay. Walker saw him come in and offered him a seat. Hunt saw the bay not booming with activity.

"I'm just conducting rounds, doctor. (He gazed around the room) Are you prepared for the mission ahead and ummm do you play poker?"

OFF: Tag Walker
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:26 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Intel's office, 1500, day 1>>

Mark Grayson glanced again at Counselor Navdante. She was reading some report about the Celtronians. He couldn't stop wondering if she could read his mind and find out about the whole enquiry bussiness.

Pushing that thought aside, Mark started again to read about Celtronian Goverment. The intel office who wrote that, defined the Celtronians as fanatics. When they had an opinion, they would hold to it until hell broke loose. The goverment was almost a theocracy.

Navdante: *Suddenly* They're not very reasonable race, are they, Lt?

Mark smirked.

Grayson: You're being kind, Counselor. They're fanatics. Law and religion are quite mixed up there.

Navdante: Meaning... Laws are sacred and their religion has to be followed by the book?

Grayson: Right. You noticed that we don't have much information on either faction of this civil war...

Navdante: Yes, it appear these factions were not considered important by Starfleet Intelligence.

Grayson: No, it's not that. The last time the Federation contacted this planet, there was no factions at all. Meanintg, 1 one year ago, there was no So'Kra or To'Ma factions. Which means...

Navdante: ... Something out of ordinary happened to create these factions. But what?

Grayson: That's the question. I wish I could say I have full confidence we will find out...

Navdante: But, let's be honest, Lieutenant. We don't have enough information about that.

Mark nodded, silently. The counselor had a very good mind to analyze info. If she wasn't a counselor, Mark would say she was an Intel officer. He grabbed his padd.

Grayson: We'll have to make the best with what we have here, Counselor. You could prepare some kind of psychologic profile for the Celtronians.

She nodded.

Navdante: I already started. Doesn't look good.

Grayson: Well, I already started the report about their techonology and I have to concur. They have enough weaponary to destroy themselves a hundred times.

Navdante shivered. It was not good piece of information, because, that meant the Malinche was about to get between very well armed fanatics and if the diplomacy failed, things would be ugly.

Personally, Mark didn't want to watch millions of people getting killed because of that wormhole. Navdante interrupted his thoughts.

Navdante: We still have a lot material to check, Mark. No time to get pessimist.

Grayson:*sighs* I hate when you read my mind.

Navdante: I didn't. I could see in your face. You eyes lose focus and you bite your lower lip.

Grayson: *shaking head* No, I did not bit my lower lip!

Navdante laughed at that childish response. Mark tried to be angry, but he couldn't find a good reason at all. Instead he joined Navdante and laughed too.

But, deep down... Both knew there would be much reason to laugh if the Malinche failed it's mission.

OFF: Tag Navdante.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:30 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Engineering, 1530, Day 1>

For the uptenith time in the past few days, Jadan wished that he had never given away his post as head of tactical/security. There he wouldn't have to deal with the endless reports of dock technicians and whatnot. He wouldn't be forced to argue with a computer that was intent on giving him a massive headache or that had made it its life mission to make all their lives miserable.

He was having a hard time settling into this new role. It wasn't that he didn't trust Cheetara or the new man, they both had good resumes, but he was just finding that engineering was lacking a certain...well punch.

"Finding your new home a little boring," Nevin (NPC) asked, peering into his engineering office.

"Not really boring...just different. Excuse me a second," Jadan tapped his combadge, opening the channel to Roran. "Let all the department heads know all systems are green."

"I see you're still doing your usual massive amount of work."

"Always," Jadan nodded.

OFF: Tag All!

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:31 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Sickbay, 1435, Day 1>

"Sorry Commander, but poker is not my strong suit."

"You wouldn't even care for a friendly game?" Mason asked, inquiring even further. "I wouldn't think you would be the one not to take chances."

"I don't gamble sir," Brad responded. "Not even with my money...I don't do it in my professional life and I won't do it in my recreational life."

"Just checking," Mason said. "How are you stocked with things around here? Do you need anything?"

Brad shook his head. He didn't add that he would like a staff that was slightly less frosty. But, that would have to come in time. He should really get to talk to Marcus about his recent condition.

"Stocked all well and fine, I haven't asked Jadan to work on the cargobays yet...I am hoping that we don't need to. To be honest the Prometheus class ships weren't really outfitted for this type of work in general."

"But I gathter that you'll make do."

"I always do."

Mason nodded and headed out the door.

OFF:

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:37 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Sickbay, XO Office, 1440, Day 1>>

Being somewhat but not at suprised at Walker's response, Mason left thinking that he would be the only senior staff member at the poker game this evening. He tried to shurg it off but he didn't like the idea of not having equal levels of representation at the table. So he continued on down the corridor until he reached the view port window. It had a beautiful view of the nearby sun and the stars the govern around it.

The XO went back to his office, his stomach was growling all morning long. It wasn't like him to skip breakfast he couldn't function with out it. Streching his arms and walking into the office he stepped over to the replicator and ordered his toast with sausage and cheese begal and his steaming cup of hot french vanilla coffee. What he wouldn't do for his mother's famous apple tart and hot lemonade punch. But he snapped himself out of the remembering thought and began to eat.

The computer signaled to him he over twenty messages waiting for, most of them were messages from friends and old school chums from the academy. His class reninon was coming up and he was not looking foward to it. Although he was popular in school, he never really cared for the tight and c rowded gatherings such as a class reunion.

Now having been filled, Mason sat back picking up one of the padd's on the desk. He started to read it when the door chime went off. He saw that Isabel was standing outside. He tapped on his console to let her in.

"Hello, Captain. What can I do for you?"

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:41 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Engineering, 1530, Day 1>

"Then why not sneak out of here and go grab a drink with me?" Nevin asked (NPC), a micheavous glimmer appeared in the young Bajoran's eye.

"As much fun as that would be I think I should stay here in engineering...despite its lack of entertainment at the moment, have you talked to the new Bajoran onboard?"

Nevin shook his head. "Not really, I don't think he likes me much...I certainly don't have the same dislike of the Cardassins that he has. I don't know why, maybe it was because of the way that I was raised but I can't really allow myself to blame an entire species for the actions of thier military."

"A wise man," Jadan responded. "Think you will ever get him to see it that way?"

"I don't know, a lot of my people still cling to those beliefs...to be honest I think it might be what holds us back in a way."

"All things pass in time, this is no different," Jadan assured him.

Nevin nodded, although he could still see doubt in the young man's eyes. "Anyway, I better get going....you know how antsy Ryan (NPC) gets when you are late."

No sooner had Jadan left when his terminal beeped, prompting him to open the incoming message. The fact that it only beeped once let him know that it was from the Maran Knights, probably the information that he had requested about thier intel officer.

OFF:

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:42 pm

ON:

== Marcus' Quarters ==
== 0045 Hours, Day 2 ==

Marcus turned over in his bed, shutting his even tighter than they were; it didn't help. He tossed to his other side, trying to clear his mind of everything racing through it; it didn't help. His eyes opened and gazed up at the ceiling; out of the corner of his eyes, he could see stars flashing by his windows, only remind him of the meeting he had with Cheetara and MacLeod in a few hours. Jonathan swung his feet over the edge of the bed and rubbed his eyes.

Marcus: Computer, time.

Computer: The time is 0045 hours.

Jonathan stood and walked into the adjacent room to pull on some pants and a sweatshirt, both of which were printed with STARFLEET ACADEMY and his class year: 2375. He walked out of the room and toward the Mess Hall.

== Mess Hall ==
== 0100 Hours, Day 2 ==

Marcus walked through the doors and into the Mess Hall. His eyes rose from where they had been: staring at the carpet. He was surprised to see Commander Hunt sitting at a table near the windows. Jonathan stepped to the replicator and order a tall glass of ice cold water and snatched it from the dispenser, marching toward his XO.

Marcus: Insomnia, sir?

Hunt: *surprised to see Marcus* No, just haven't gotten around to sleep. I thought you had an early morning meeting with Cheetara and MacLeod.

Marcus: I do, but I can't sleep. What about you, why haven't you gotten to sleep yet?

Hunt: *smiles* I just got done playing poker with a few junior officers.

Marcus: I hope you represented the senior officers well.

Hunt: *laughing* I'll be enjoying their holodeck time and they'll be enjoying Starfleet field rations until we get to Celtron V. You play?

Marcus: It's been a while. *thinking back* I think the last time I played poker was the night before graduation. If I recall, I didn't do so well.

Hunt: Where'd you learn to play?

Marcus: Believe it or not, I met a Starfleet officer on Telos that showed me how.

Hunt: Telos? What were you doing there?

Marcus: After I got out of my last foster home, I took some time to do a little exploring. I was everywhere from Telos to Risa and in between. When I was on Telos, I stumbled into a casino one night and got myself into a little trouble at a dom jat table. Fortunately, a starship was in orbit and several Starfleet officers were on shoreleave. This one ensign came to my rescue and took me to a table where they were playing poker. I watched him for a few hours and we became good friends. He's actually the reason that I joined Starfleet. And the rest is history. *takes a long drink* What about you, sir?

OFF

Tag: Hunt

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:46 pm

ON: Sorry about the delay school took presidence.

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Intel office, 1505, day 1>>

T'serra respects Mark and the work he does though she still worried about how paranoid he can get at times. Even through all that though she could consider him a friend. T'serra sometimes wonders what Mark is thinking about though she could easily read his mind she out of respect to him won't unless its nessasary to.

T'serra: Heh. *sigh* So how are things with you? I heard about the inquiry but I wanted to see if you wanted to tell me anything. I am always around if you want to talk. I'd be happy to talk with you anytime.

Grayson: <?>

T'serra: So is there anything else you want me to do that has to do with the Celtronians and anything else?

Grayson: <?>

OFF: Tags Grayson
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:50 pm

<< USS Malinche >>
<< Turbolift, 2133, Day 1 >>

After finally leaving his post at the helm, Ragna headed into the turbolift, pondering just what Marcus had meant earlier in the day when he said they'd need to run some simulations. As Ragna entered the turbolift, Marcus followed him, also having just finished his shift. Marcus turned to Ragna.

Marcus: Terribly slow shift wouldn't you agree Cadet?

Ragna: *blinking then turning to focus his attention on JJ* Oh yes of course. I mean yes it was sir.

Marcus: You seem distracted. What's on your mind?

Ragna: I was just mulling over what you meant earlier by simulations in the holodeck, and my training not being enough for this mission.

Marcus: Honestly I think you'll probably need to be able to succesfully coordinate the 3 sections of the Malinche, but since up till this point in time, there are less than a dozen people capable and qualified of doing so, it would take a lot of sim time on the holodeck.

Ragna: That's why the Prometheus class has such a wide variety of flight patterns is it not Lt.?

Marcus: Of course things like flips, and the need to clear the memory core buffer are typical things activities for shuttles and Delta Flyers, so obviously the pre-programmed in the vessels, and never would a pilot really be needed for them. Is that what you're saying cadet?

Ragna: *a grin coming across his face* I do see your point sir, and honestly... I have been spending my spare time, including a good chunk of shore leave, on studying what this ship can do, but so many of the specifications are just unavailable, and I'm sure the Captain wouldn't be pleased if I were to start experimenting randomly with her ship.

Marcus: *calmly* Well, you may want to check out the holodeck simluations.

Ragna: Sir, I tried, they're blocked to me.

Marcus: Maybe you should try again, a Strategic Ops officer, supposidly realized the potential use of having the pilot of the ship, capable of consecutively operating the 3 sections. He allegedly spoke with the Captain of a USS Malinche, and had the sims unlocked for the young pilot, and he also has capabilities to permit access to other CONN officers, if he feels he can organize a nice training regime. Also, it goes without saying, that if abused not only would he lose acces, he might also lose a hell of a lot more.

Ragna: *smirking as he listens to Marcus* I see. So I take it this officer who supposeidly spoke with the captain has a few special scenarios he would like the pilot to work on while he's working on the sims.

The turbolift started slowing down, coming to a halt, the door opening.

Marcus: Already programmed into the sims. I'll watch your progress, and occasionally give you some ideas what you may want to learn. Good night.

Ragna started speaking, but Marcus had walked out the door, and the door shut. After the turbolift started, Ragna decided he would check out the program before catching any sleep.

Ragna: Turbolift stop. *the turbolift stopped suddenly* Turbolift, Holodeck 4. *The turbolift took off again, in the opposite direction.

Ragna stepped off the turbolift, and up to the control panel next to the entrance to the holodeck.

Ragna: Computer, show me a list of available simulations for flight control of a Prometheus class starship.

Joe watched the screen for 30 seconds before the list finished scrolling through all the options. Ragna thought to himself, 'For not allowing most people access to these, they sure do have a lot of them. I don't think I've ran this many different simulations for all my other ships combined. Might as well start with something fun.' Joe scanned the list and eventually spotted one to his liking.

Ragna: Computer load program PRO-K375218.

Computer: Manual moderate level combat flight simulation for Prometheus class star ship loaded. Enter when ready.

Taking a deep breath Ragna steps through the doors into the holodeck, sitting at the helm...

Off:
Tag Marcus, Crew
NCC 38997-B

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:53 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Intel office, 1505, day 1>>

T'serra: Heh. *sigh* So how are things with you? I heard about the inquiry but I wanted to see if you wanted to tell me anything. I am always around if you want to talk. I'd be happy to talk with you anytime.

Mark shrugged, feeling a bit discomfortable. The enquiry had been something quite... Thraumatic, but, what happened before had been worse. He didn't allow himself to think about that. He wouldn't give Navdante reasons to become suspicious.

Grayson: I thank you for the offer, Counselor, but, I'm fine. Things worked out in the end.

Navdante nodded, silent. Withou losing any time she glanced at the padd.

T'serra: So is there anything else you want me to do that has to do with the Celtronians and anything else?

Grayson: Simple, counselor. Considering what we have about the Celtronians, which is not much, I must add, that you created a profile of their mind set. At least, we should know how their minds work and try to create a way to control the situation there. It's a challenge, but, you're the most prepared person to built this profile.

Tag: Navdante. Feel free to advance the time.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:57 pm

<<Isabel's quarters, 0100, Day 2>>

Isabel had been tossing and turning for quite awhile, unable to sleep. It was probably due in part to the fact that she knew so little about the Celtronians and what the exact situation there was. She really wasn't a fan of going into something unprepared. Perhaps later she would go see Mark and T'serra and see what they had come up with...i It might help put her mind at ease.

Later in the day Isabel decided she should also check in with the others, if Mason hadn't already. From what she could tell, things were fine with Operations and Engineering, or at least there were no problems that she had heard of. Isabel made a mental note to ask Mason to get a report from Nol and Jadan regarding the repairs done at Stardock. Searching her mind, she tried to remember who else she hadn't spoken to...Jonathan was going to meet with Cheetara and Brian, and was supposedly going to have that MVAM practice run, while giving Joe some pointers... Cheetara and Brian hadn't been heard from in a while; Isabel was curious to see their plans of attack for Celtron V.

Getting out of bed, Isabel got dressed then sat in the dark for a few minutes before getting up and heading out of her quarters and down one of the corriders. She decided against formally seeking anyone out at this time...most people were on duty or asleep.

After taking the turbolift and wandering through a few more corridors, Isabel stood outside the Mess Hall. It was only one in the morning, but Isabel was a little hungry and thirsty. Stepping inside, she went over to replicator. "Cheese omelet and a glass of apple juice please."

Isabel picked up her tray and looked around. A few tables away she spotted Jonathan and Mason. Smiling she headed over to them. "Good morning, mind if I have a seat?"

As Mason gestured towards the chair next to him, Isabel sat down. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything.."
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A