A Walk In The Park

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Barrett
Senior Staff

Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:15 am

<<USS Malinche>>
<Observation Lounge, 1715>

Jason sat uncomfortably in his chair at the breifing room table. Darkhelm had convinced him that they needed to let the rest of the crew in on his partner in his head. Personally, Jason wasn't that interested in doing that...he knew that Grayson would see more into it then there was. Amanda stood up and straightened her uniform before going to the wall and bringing up a graphic of Jason's brain.

"This is a graphic of Lt. Barrett's brain. On stardate 05231.5 Mr. Barrett's lower brain stem became infected with some sort of extra-galactical entity. After careful examination it was determined that removing it would cause considerable harm to the Lt. Later studies showed that Lt. Barrett was actaully benefitting from this alien. I believe that was how he came back to life."

Now all the heads turned to look at Jason, who as tugging uncorfotably at his collar.

"After coming to grips with having an alien...or whatever it is inside me, I started having visiosn."

"Visions?" Mason asked.

"Yes," Jason nodded. "Visions, they told me of a war...a war that would bring the Federation to its knees and possibly wipe us all out forever."

"A war with who?" Grayson asked, his eyes narrowing.

"I wish I knew...things were never that caught and dry. I kept getting a sense of forbodding."

"On stardate 57893.4 the USS Hale encountered an unknown alien craft which appeared to have weaponary not known to this universe," Amanda continued. "Again, we were unable to determine where it came from and analysis of the metal showed that it was extra-galatical as well."

"You've got to be kidding me," Mason responded. "And Starfleet didn't care to explain this to any of us."

"At the time it was an isolated incident."

"Right," Jason nodded. "But recently, when I came back from the dead and another vision I felt something...and I felt that same something when the alien ship took off."

Isabel took this time to speak up. "This information is still considered classified. At the moment no one outside this room is to have any knowledge of this."

"So, what do these visions show?" Brice asked.

"Death, destruction, big battles...an alliance with the Dominion."

"Oh wonderful things," Brice grunted.

"At any rate you are all aware of this now," Amanda said. "And like the captain pointed out its all still classified."

"You heard her," Kersare nodded. "Dismissed."

OFF: JP with me and..

Lt. Commander Amanda Darkhelm
CMO
USS Malinche
Lieutenant Commander Jason Barrett
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A