You Can't Judge A Planet By Its Dilithium

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm

<<Ready Room, 0328, Day 4>>

After speaking with Cheetara, Isabel had gone to her quarters to change out of the thoroughly pied uniform. Though she tried to get a little sleep, her mind was racing too fast with thoughts of Jaran, the Borg, and her dead husband. Isabel had finally given up and headed back to her Ready Room.

Her fingertips rested on her forehead as she tried to organize her thoughts. The first order of business would be to get the Malinche repaired at Starbase 259. Though the presence of the Borg was very disturbing, especially for Isabel, the Malniche was in no condition to engage a Sphere. With any luck, Jaran and the other crewmembers who'd left with him would also be there.

Shaking her head, Isabel stood up and walked over to the replicator, "Cup of chai tea, hot."

Seconds later, the cup materialized and Isabel took it between her hands, relishing in its warmth. Carefully she took a sip, then another, allowing the warm liquid to course through her body.

The very idea of the Borg chilled her to the bone. Thus far, her career had kept her out of the Borg's path. Now it had all changed. Now...

"Captain Kersare to the Bridge," a voice broke through her thoughts.

Isabel set the tea down on her desk, straightened her uniform and headed out of her Ready Room. As she walked onto the bridge, Isabel saw several rather weary looking officers. "Report."

Ryan (NPC) spoke up, "Ma'am, there's an encoded message - simple text. For you only."

Quirking an eyebrow, Isabel nodded, "I'll take it at the Ops console."

"Message transferred," Ryan informed her.

As Isabel walked over to the Ops console, the officer stepped away and moved over to another part of the bridge to give her privacy. She tapped at the console, bringing up the message, then inputting her clearance code. Isabel read through the message once...twice... All it said was:

'38897BWashington.Head259Wp5.8-0225'

"What time is it?" Isabel turned to face the bridge.

"It's 0341, ma'am," Ryan answered quickly.

Isabel thought for a few moments, "Can we get a message through to Starbase 259?"

Ryan tapped at the Communications console, paused, then started tapping again. "There's some interference, Captain, but I can get something through, provided it's short."

She shook her head, "That won't be necessary. I'll send it myself. Helm, set course for Starbase 259, best possible speed."

"Aye aye, ma'am."

Isabel nodded and headed back into her Ready Room. "Computer, begin recording."

"Recording."

"This is Captain Isabel Kersare of the USS Malinche, NCC-38897-B. One of our officers, Lieutenant Abubakar Jaran, was under arrest, then escaped with some help. They are now en route to Starbase 259 on one of our shuttles, the Washington. If you see them, please detain Mr. Abubakar and his accomplices - we're on our way, best possible speed. Kersare out."

As she sent out the message, Isabel sighed. At least one of those aboard was still on their side...or at least had a conscience. Assuming they were caught, the repercussions would hardly be pleasant. Then again, neither would a confrontation with the Borg. Something told Isabel she'd have many restless nights ahead.

For now though, they were headed to Starbase 259. Hopefully at least some of the crew would be able to relax a little while the ship was being repaired. Between the repairs, new crew, dealing with Jaran, and preparing for the next mission, Isabel knew her schedule would be full.

OFF: And that's it everyone! I'll be starting up the Shoreleave thread either tonight or tomorrow. Well done!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A