You Can't Judge A Planet By Its Dilithium

Posts for the USS Malinche's missions

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Hunt
Senior Staff

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:34 pm

<<Basement Warehouse, Day 3, 2025>>

While Jason was fiddling about with the tricorders, Mason took a look at the board wishing his mother had forced him into playing basic chess. The pieces stopped shifting from location to location and changing shape. The lights above them darkened soon only a select group of lights with different colors were on them.

"It would seem we have the honor of making the first move. Since it looks like we are not being pressured to Jason how's it going?"

<Tag Barrett>

Mason watched Jason work on Zero, no matter how many times he saw Zero like that it he could never get used to it. He was wondering how the skipper was doing in the court room. This planet indeed has its unusual laws and ways of life. Their rules were much more different than those on earth. The tile underneath him lit up and started to hum.

"Ah, Jason I hate to ummm." Said Mason.

<Tag Barrett>

It was a sigh of relief that Mason could breath easy now that Jason was finished. He hoped that his modifications would work in their favor. Suddenly Hunt bent down with some flash backs running threw his mind of a flat board with chess pieces on them. When the flashbacks stopped for a moment he remembered that he played with his father a few times before his father went on duty.

"Hey, we can do this. I know how to play this lets get going Jason?" said Mason.

From a short distance he could Thundera and Rhone standing there across from their counter pieces. Mason walked over to Rhone first patting him on the shoulder assuring him it would be alright then watching Rhone look back to Hunt with a small smile.

?Thundera, your up let?s make this the best darn game of chess in history. Jason have one guard sit to the side with the Sirion crew. (Watching Thundera step up Mason got onto his platform) Good luck to you all.? Spoke Mason taking in a deep breath and sighed.

?Kings to rook one.? Spoke Mason.

OFF: Tag Thundera, Rhone, Barrett and crew!!!
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Barrett
Senior Staff

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:33 pm

<<Basement Warehouse, Day 3, 2025>>

"It would seem we have the honor of making the first move. Since it looks like we are not being pressured to Jason how's it going?"

"Working as fast as I can, once this is finished Zero (NPC) should be able to control the holograms...either that or I will end up burning out his sub processor and might cause a small explosion."

"Ah, Jason I hate to ummm." Said Mason.

"Hold your horses, almost finished," Jason responded. He finished with the last interlinks and then started the program. For a breif moment nothing happened and then Jason's tricorder started to receive information.

"Zero, is the connection established?"

"Comment: Indeed, although there appear to be several firewalls in place. It may take me sometime to acess the program its self."

"How much time?" Jason asked.

"Statement: I estimate at least 10 of your standard minutes."

"Better then nothing," Jason responded, looking at the chessboard. What he wouldn't give to be in the middle of a firefight, it was so much simplier then. Then again nothing appeared to be ever simple on this planet. Sighing heavily, he did the only thing that he could do, which was wait.

"Hey, we can do this. I know how to play this lets get going Jason?" said Mason.

"Thats all well and good for you but I have never placed chess," Jason said, looking at Mason. "I haven't the first clue what to do out there."

"Statement: Perhaps you meatbags can buy me time until I am able to take control of the holograms."

"Good idea as any," Jason said, watching as Mason stepped up onto the platform.

?Kings to rook one.? Spoke Mason.

Jason just hoped that Mason knew what he was doing...because he hadn't a clue.

OFF
Lieutenant Commander Jason Barrett
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Thundera
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:07 pm

ON: <Basement Warehouse, 2015, Day 3>

Cheetara had studied the room and the pieces. She listened to all the comments as she stepped up into the Queen position. She watched as everyone else stepped into their positions. Rhone went to the bishop spot, Mason went to the rook spot, and Barrett went to the knight position.

She watched as the pieces all went into proper positions as the lights kept changing as if to decide who would make the first move. Barrett and Mason moved pieces around to protect the King immediately with the first couple turns, followed by Mason castling with the king.

The black side ofcourse began to charge forward in an aggressive state. Cheetara thought about the moves she saw and began giving out directions.

"B2 to B4, Rhone move to E4, B1 to C3, Mason come one spot to your left to be next to me." Cheetara spoke out.

By the time 4 minutes were over, the black side had lost 3 pawns, a knight, and both bishops. We had lost only 2 pawns and a knight. Cheetara was liking the way things were looking, but she knew it was far from over. In another 3 minutes, black lost 3 more pawns, their other knight and a rook. We had lost 2 more pawns, a rook and a bishop.

"How's it coming Zero?" Cheetara asked

<tag Barrett>

"We've got three minutes left", Cheetara responded. "It's possible we could have this game over by then."

OFF: Tag All
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:20 am

<<Basement Warehouse, 2015, Day 3>>

"How's it coming Zero?" Cheetara asked.

"Commentary: This is a remarkably advanced program for primitive meatbags such as yourselves. It contains a binary encoding system that appears to rotate..."

"Shut up!" Jason snapped. "And just answer her question you bucket of bolts!"

"Answer: I should gain access in 76 seconds."

"We've got three minutes left", Cheetara responded. "It's possible we could have this game over by then."

"I doubt witin in 76 seconds," Jason pointed. "Given the fact that I haven't a clue what I am doing...I really should have learned to play this game."

"Just keep your focus," Mason ordered. "Cheetara's right, we may very well have this ended before Zero (NPC) can even access the program."

"Comment: I do believe I have gained access."

"Its about time," Jason hissed. "Can you shut this thing down without setting off any alarms?"

"Answer: I believe that I can, give me a moment to access the correct subroutine."

"Step on it tincan."

Jason took deep breath, forcing himself to relax and settle down a little bit. A few seconds later, Zero titled his head indicating that he had accessed the correct program.

"Statement: I have access the programs, your orders sir?"

OFF: Tag all!
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:49 am

<<USS Malinche, Captain's Ready Room, Day 3, 2146 hours>>

Lynn halted at the entrance of the Ready Room, staring at the steely doors. There was little time for lagging for outside, so the young woman hailed her entrance. Pale hands flew briefly to her collar, shoulders and face to assure she looked presentable for the commanding officer.

"Come," Yrel called out, disregarding the fact that her uniform overcoat was still undone. The doors hissed open and in stepped a petite young officer the looked to be about as inexperienced at being in the Fleet as Yrel herself looked. That in of itself lent itself up to the possible of an illusion for a first impression.

'Yeah, but not everyone is a BaKu that left their home,' she thought a shy wickedly. 'I'm betting more than that's is indeed a green ensign.'

? Ensign Quarterstaff reporting in Ma?am.? She said in an even toned voice. Her eyes both stared forward fixed on her superiors face, saluting. Her mouth pressed into a thin pink line momentarily, then pulled out lips resting into a look of seriousness.

Slowly the image of this woman was filed away into the depths of Lynn?s mind, After all She would need to remember at glance who was her superior. Though with the striking features and unusual way of wearing her uniform, Lynn doubt she would forget. ?She looks as if she wasn?t expecting any one for some time??

Biting her inner lip till her last statement was acknowledge, Her green eyes darted to the perimeter of the room then focused back to the woman before her. ?Maybe I should mention something? Wait no, Bad idea.? Her brain whispered. 'Relax'

"Hello Ensign Quarterstaff, I'm Lieutenant Sovereign. Welcome aboard this quaint ship," she said in a polite greeting. Yrel shook hands with the woman, feeling enough first-time uncertainty as Yrel did at the thought of being a science officer on a warship...

'No worries about that anymore, huh?' her mind jabbed. Lynn was careful to make her handshake a firm one, something she had been constantly criticized for in Academy.

?Quarterstaff! What? Do you have no bones? When I give you a handshake I want to feel some thing there!? It took quiet a bit of concentration to hold back the smile that the memory brought up. She nodded her head to her Lieutenant, glad that for one her curls stayed on her shoulders and not her in her face.

Lynn straighten back to attention, her eyes forward. It was odd how the lass was suddenly missing the smell of the sterile medical wing, or maybe it was just the fact that she felt much more comfortable in the midst of her chosen environment.

?It?s an honor to be able to serve aboard, Ma?am.? The corners of her mouth smiled; after all it wasn?t physically possible for Lynn to keep a straight face for long.

Yrel gestured over to the chair in front of the desk, saying, "have a seat." Yrel herself walked around the desk and for the second time sat in a chair that she felt arrogant for doing so.

"Seeing as we have yet to have a CMO replacement for the Malinche, I guess you're it for now. The circumstances as right now is pretty laid out. Most of the senior staff is plantside dealing with...uh..." Yrel paused for her own lack of information, not daring to give that to her inferior. "...The mission of find the mission Sirion crew. We're at red alert right now, becuase of a Borg vessel looming at us on the edge of the system. For your part, I need you to head down to sickbay and attend to the somce injured crewmembers that had been on a shuttlecraft when it was struck by dark matter. They're pressance isn't immediately required for now, but I'd to know they're in good hands, since there's a lack of skilled workers down there."

Again Lynn nodded, sat and nodded again. She wasn?t sure upon arrival if she would have any others as a medical team but from the way Lt. Yrel said there was ?a lack of skilled workers??.She doubted it.

?I?ll be right down to them then. It wouldn?t be fit to just leave them be.?

"Good," Yrel sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. She was feeling taxed out lately, ever since assuming command of the Malinche. If this was command duty, she didn't want a part of any of it for a long time. "Dismissed."

Saluting, Lynn sat up and walked out of the Ready room. Off to the sick bay, oh what fun!

<Off>
JP with
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

And
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Peters
Senior Staff

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:25 pm

<<Direidi Courtroom, 2130, Day 3>>

"And without further ado," The Announcer said, "Let's get it oooooon!" Peters shook his head as the crowd in the court room started cheering. "Today we have the Thunder, over here, in the green, against the Lightnin', in their hot yellow. The first team to win two will be our winners. No smoking, no eye-gouging, and most definitely no flatulence. Green, your serve."

A ball was thrown onto the sand from somewhere in the room, and Peters grabbed it. He dropped backwards to the line demarking the back-most border of the court. Breathing deeply and hoping he hadn't lost his touch, Peters raised the ball. He let it drop and brought his fist up to meet it, sending the ball flying over the net and into the other team's territory.

"Oh, a wonderful serve by Rocket Arm Peters!" the announcer exclaimed gleefully. "But wait, here it comes back!"

Peters stepped forward several feet so that he was roughly midway between the net and the back line. Kersare was to his left and Grayson was between them and back about a meter. The ball, Peters mournfully noted, was headed straight for Grayson on the return.

Mark looked at the ball coming at his direction. He tried to made the same movement Peters had explained to him. Flexing his knees he prepared to do a bump. He hoped that was the right move.

Looking back, Isabel watched Mark preparing to bump the ball. Unfortunately, it bounced off his hands instead of his arms and went flying off to the left. Eyes wide, she ran over to where she expected it to be and was able to guide back onto their side of the court, hopefully somewhere one of her teammates could reach it and sent it over the net.

"Little rusty, aren't they?" Nate grinned over at Britny, watching the extreme measures their opponents had to make.

She shrugged, "They weren't expecting it. You better pay attention in case they get it back over the net."

Mark ran to the ball and Set to the other side. He felt a little triumphant... It wasn't as hard as he thought to be. The ball went over the net to the adversaries.

"Mine!" Nate called out as he rushed over and got under the ball to bump it to Britny. "Set it Brit!"

Britny set the ball effortlessly, sending it from her fingertips over to Jonny, who was waiting to spike it. He kept his eyes on the ball, made his approach, then swung and snapped his arm - connecting with the ball.

Peters saw the ball coming down at a sharp angle and dove instinctively towards it. He managed to tip the ball, but it flew off his wrist at an odd angle. The ball and Peters hit the ground at approximately the same moment. "Damn it!" Peters muttered.

"Sorry, Peters", said Mark. "My fault. I'll pay more attention."

<2140>

After what seemed to Peters to be the longest ten minutes of his life, the score was 14-2 in favor of the Lightning. The game was quite obviously not going in the Starfleet team's favor. That fact was underscored by the announcement from the booth. "Game point, Lightning!"

Isabel could tell there was little hope for this game. They had been improving, but not enough. If they were to win, they'd have to pull themselves together and work as a team. She watched apprehensively as Britny served.

Britny took the volleyball in her hands and smiled. Part of her would really enjoying an Ace, but part of her wanted the satisfaction that Team Thunder would put up a fight, as they had been in the latter half of the game.

After a quick nod to Jonny and Nate, Britny moved behind the serving line, tossed the ball in the air, and connected for an overhand serve.

Isabel could tell there was little hope for this game. They had been improving, but not enough. If they were to win, they'd have to pull themselves together and work as a team. She watched apprehensively as Britny served.

Britny took the volleyball in her hands and smiled. Part of her would really enjoying an Ace, but part of her wanted the satisfaction that Team Thunder would put up a fight, as they had been in the latter half of the game.

After a quick nod to Jonny and Nate, Britny moved behind the serving line, tossed the ball in the air, and connected for an overhand serve.

Mark approached to receive the ball. He knew he was letting the team down. After all he never played the game and barely knew how to make the moves Peter had showed him.

But, Mark Grayson was no loser, no quitter. He struggled but succeeded to send the ball to captain Kersare. She'll probably set the ball to Peters to spike and with that gain another point. "Its yours captain!", said Mark after his play.

Isabel concentrated on keeping her eyes on the volleyball. With a quick glance over to Todd, she set the ball in his direction.

Peters waited for the ball to reach the peak of it's arc towards him, then jumped and spiked it down over the net into the sand on the Lightning's side. He pumped his fist in the air as he hit the ground. "Yes! Good job, team... I think we're starting to get coordinated."

Mark nodded in approval. "So it appears. Now, lets win this thing", he said with determination.

"Point, Thunder!" the announcer boomed. "Still game point for the Lightning."

The rest of the game went quickly, even though the Malinche crew put up a good fight, the final score was 15-4. The next game was longer, and the final score ended up as 15-13 in favor of the Thunder. That left the set tied at 1 game for each team.

<2205>

Peters looked at Kersare and Grayson. "OK, last game. If we win this one, we're good to go. We don't, well, we get one of the Direidi's weird punishments, I'm sure."

OFF:

A JP with

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

&

Lieutenant, JG Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:43 pm

ON:

<<Basement Warehouse, 2203, Day 3>>

The outlook of the game was looking grim but not impossible. A clock counting down the mere minutes and seconds had been winding down in Mason's head. Pieces were disappearing left and right finally it was Mason's turn.

"Rook to pawns level two." stated Mason sweating even more so than before.

Everything around them began to grow darker and subdued. Hunt turned around for a few seconds being careful not to step out of his space. He knew if he did it could very well offset the game and prevent everyone on the team from getting out.

"Zero, I want you to continue monitoring our activity and this room. Also (looking back for a moment grinning) don't be afraid to throw in some ideas here." said Mason.

[Basement Warehouse, 2205, Day 3]

By now just about all the pieces were off the board, all but those of the Malinche's party and the other teams. Thundera's piece was in the direction of the other teams king which she knew would put them in check. Hunt could hear a slient whisper coming from behind him, when he did turn it was one of the Sirion crew trying to speak pointing a finger at him.

Borel looked up at Mason. "Seems to be going fairly well now sir. If you can just hang on, you could beat them."

"Made me wish I took those advanced chess lessons. Don't worry we should have everyone out of here by supper time." joked Mason trying to get himself to believe it.

Aaron nodded, "We'd just like to find our crewmates. I take it you haven't found any others yet? Or the ship?"

"No not yet but I have the feeling we are getting close. Did you talk to any of them before the had disappeared?" asked Mason.

"We were heading into a warehouse...split up into two groups. Once we got in, we went down some form of chute. Next thing I remember was your team finding us, Mr. Hunt," Aaron said.

"You have no idea where the others went. Was there any unusual sounds or anything that would help us in locating them?"

"Not that I can remember. Everything after going down the chute is just rather cloudy in my mind. I don't remember experiencing anything like it before...there was this one time though, that -" Before Borel could continue, he noticed Aaron's look.
Aaron continued in Borel's silence, "They could be here somewhere, or they could be in another room, for all we know, really. My equipment's not working properly, otherwise I'd try using it to help us locate them."

"Perhaps asking Zero here to help you with that. Once this game is over we will need all the help in finding them."

Aaron nodded, "I'll see what I can do... No offense, Commander, but even if we figure something out, it may not make a difference. Thus far we've not been able to predict what would happen next."

"All the same we need to explore and try all avenues."

All but Mason, Thundera and the others pieces remained with only the king and a few rooks for the opposing team stood on the board. It was like a stand off in old western novels. Except this one was lethal and not so filled with a possible happy ending.

"Aye aye sir. We'll work on it; you concentrate on the game," Aaron replied, nodding to Borel.

"That would be easier said than done. Thundera, Jason assuming we finish this game any idea as to a direction off this board?" asked Mason.

OFF

A JP By:

Ensign Borel Samek
Historian
USS Sirion

and

Lieutenant Commander Aaron Nolar
Chief Science Officer
USS Sirion

both played by Captain Isabel Kersare

and
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Barrett
Senior Staff

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:25 pm

<<Basement Warehouse, 2206, Day 3>>

"Comment: I do believe that I have gained access to the correct program, I can now shut down the simulation."

"Probably not a bad a idea," Jason responded. He would be all to happy when the holographic chessboard disappeared.

"Are we sure thats a wise idea?" one of the other crew memebers asked.

"He could have a point," Cheetara said. "Maybe shutting down the system will anger them."

"They aren't going to harm our poeple," Jason responded. "At least they haven't yet and its not like they haven't had plenty of chances. I say we shut down the holograms and then go from there, your orders sir?"

They waited for Hunt's next order.

OFF: Tag Mason!
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:57 pm

<<USS Malinche, Captain's Ready Room, Day 3, 2150 hours>>

Yrel had yet to return to the bridge after meeting with the new medical officer, Quarterstaff. There was still no new occurances that warrented her immidiate attention, and she felt to drained to put herself in front of the other crew. Instead, she had settled into the annoying habit of pacing the cramped-feeling ready room and trying to <b>not</b> think of that wierd dream of hers.

<i>'And I can't say I'm doing very good,'</i> she though, sighing. Over and over again the images of her past love, Dyle, worked its way into her thoughts, not just of the dream/nightmare but of her real recolections of her. The constant time and attnetion the two gave each other, the love and endless display of passion, public or private, the gifts and experiences that she knew she couldn't have found in anyone else in the village.

In was love in its truest form.

But, what was with the other guy? And the flash pregnancy? They deffinately weren't historical.

<i>'Regretfully'</i> she though, stopping in her next pacing step.

"Yeah...regretfully..." she said at a whisper. "Dyle, why wouldn't you let me bring a child into our relationship? You couldn't have let down your protectiveness to let me mate... It would have been for us, I swear."

<i>'And it's our baby,'</i> the words of the unknown man repeated again. Yrel walked over to the couch again and slowly sat down, shaking her head.

"I don't want you!" she yelled, cleatching her fists. "I want Dyle..."

"Tamlin to Sovereign."

Yrel cleared her throat and forced out the images of the man.

"Go ahead."

"We're receiving a message from a Commodore Barden. He wants to speak to the Captain."

"Patch it through."
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Tredon
Junior Staff

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 pm

< <USS Malinche, Corridor, 2005, Day 3>>

Having just gotten off her shift, Chelsie walked out of Sickbay and grinned. It had been a long day, especially when the shuttle crew got back, badly injured. It had taken til now for her to realize how hungry she was.

She started down the corridor, heading to the mess hall. Rounding the next corner, she froze in her tracks. A rather large...man...who looked more like a giant rock sculpture. A Brikar, no doubt. Noticing his apparent confusion, she moved closer and asked, "Are you lost, Ensign?"

Hac looked down at the female Ensign wearing the blue trim uniform. This was his first ship, and he had just got on board. But much to his dismay he was having trouble navigating the corridors. For a better use of words, he was lost.

Not knowing anybody he was reluctant to ask for help. Most of the crew he met steered clear of him. It was a normal reaction and one he was use too. But the Ensign before him didn't seem to mind his size or she was hiding it very well. Any other time he would have just politely excuse himself and try to find his way on his own. But he didn't want to make a bad impression on his first day by getting lost and being late.

"Is it that obvious that I'm lost, I was hoping no one would notice.?" responded Hac. "I must have got of on the wrong deck or took a wrong turn."

Chelsie grinned, "It's okay. I can still get turned around from time to time... The Malinche isn't exactly a small ship. Where were you heading?"

Hac looked down at the other Ensign and was thankful she came when she did. She was right the Malinche wasn't a small ship. It was a lot bigger then the small outpost he was stationed at before here.

"I was going to see Lt. Cheetara Thundera. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find her," asked Hac inquisitively.

"I know where she is," Chelsie began. "I doubt you'll get to see her right away though...Practically all of the Senior Staff is down on the planet, Direidi; Thundera included. I don't think the Acting Commanding Officer is going to let anyone else go down to the planet for now. My suggestion would be to either find your room, go check out the Security/Tactical department where you'll be working, or report to Lieutenant Sovereign, the Acting Commanding Officer."

Hac nodded in understandment. "I think I will try and find my room. I would love to get settled in and drop off my things," responded Hac. "If you don't mind could you lead me in the right direction? I would hate to go to a room that's wasn't mine'" joked Hac.

Somehow, Chelsie didn't think she'd be getting her dinner just yet. She didn't mind much though; her profession was for those who wanted to help people, and helping...Chelsie realized she wasn't even sure who the person was. "I'm Ensign Chelsie Marsid, by the way, Medical Officer. Not to be rude, but who are you?"

"That is not rude," replied Hac. "I was the rude one. I should have introduced myself to you first. You were nice enough to stop and help me out," stated Hac." I'm Ensign Hac Tredon, the new Assistant Chief Security/ Tactical Officer.

"Nice to meet you. Just call me Chelsie," she smiled. "And I'd be happy to show you to your quarters, just follow me - we'll get you to the right deck, then check with the Computer."

Hac would be the first to admit he didn't warm up to people very fast. But Ensign Marsid friendly nature was starting to ease Hac suspicious nature. But what she had said about the senior staff had sparked his interests. Maybe it was his training or his need to know about the safety of the crew. "If you don't me asking?what's happening on Direidi," inquired Hac.

A slightly worried __expression came over her face, "Honestly, I'm not exactly sure. I know the USS Sirion sent a survey team down to Direidi...the Sirion disappeared, and then the crew did. I've not heard much about what's been going on, since I'm just a medical officer... I do know we spotted a Borg Sphere though - a shuttle went to track its movements and something happened. They've been in Sickbay ever since they got back."

Hac listen with earnest, and with concern. He wished he had got here sooner to help out or at least be down planet side to watch over the crew below. Then it was that Borg Sphere?he had never meet or seen the Borg before. But he had heard the horror stories about them. "Looks like I got here at an interesting time,' responded Hac as they got on the turbo lift.

"You could certainly say that," Chelsie replied. The turbo lift whirred, and the doors opened as they arrived on the correct floor. "Computer, which quarters are assigned to Ensign Hac Tredon?"

"There are no quarters presently assigned to said officer."

Chelsie frowned, "It must be because you just transferred. Don't worry. What is your transfer order code?"

"My transfer code is Alpha Alpha 4 Omega," replied Hac.

"Computer, assign quarters to Ensign Hac Tredon, Transfer Order Code Alpha Alpha 4 Omega," she said to the computer.

"Affirmative, quarters assigned."

Looking over at Hac, Chelsie raised her eyebrows and sighed, "Computer, which quarters are Ensign Hac Tredon assigned to?"

"Invalid parameters, please restate your question."

"Which room is Ensign Tredon's?" Chelsie was getting a little exasperated, and her stomach was starting to rumble with hunger.

"Ensign Tredon has quarters on the Malinche, missy."

"Missy?" This was getting annoying. She'd have to bring it up with Engineering. "Computer, since Ensign Tredon has quarters on the Malinche, there must be a room number. What is the room number?"

"Missy"?..Hac thought to himself. He wasn't an engineer but he never had a Starfleet computer talked like that. Maybe it was how this computer talked.

"Room number for Ensign Tredon is between 101 and 314."

Chelsie looked over at Hac and shook her head. "Computer what room number between 101 and 314 belongs to Ensign Hac Tredon?"

"Miss Medical Officer, if a bet were placed, mine would go on number 257."

"Finally," Chelsie muttered. "Let's go, Mr. Tredon, number 257 it is."

"Room 257 it is then," Hac said in agreement." Do you normally have conversion with the computer like that," asked Hac?

Chelsie rolled her eyes, "No, not usually. Some of our systems were damaged though, so it may be affecting the computer. 'Missy' is definitely a new one."

Hac had to chuckle at her comment. "This is my first ship so I was just wondering,"

"You'll get used to how things work soon enough," she smiled.

Hac followed Chelsie until they reach the designated room number

"This looks like this is it," stated Hac. He turns and looks at Chelsie. "Thanks for all your help, I would have been wandering the corridors for hours. It was a pleasure meeting you."

"Glad to help," Chelsie said, grinning. "I'm sure you would've found it though. Good to meet you too."

Hac turned to walk in his room but he stopped and turned back around to watch as Chelise walked away. He would have to make his way to the mess hall very soon. He hadn't eaten in a while. But he wasn't comforted eating in a strange place with people he didn't know too well. He was all careful and cautious around new people. Chelsie was the only one he had meet so far. He hoped she wouldn't mind if he asked her to join him for some chow.

"Chelsie" Hac yelled out.

Pausing, Chelsie turned around, "Yes?"

"I was just going to ask you if you had eaten yet and if not would you mind eating with me," asked Hac. "Plus I don't know where the Mess hall is."

She laughed and started walking back towards Hac, "That was where I was headed. Why don't you drop your things off, then we'll go together?"

?That sounds good to me,? said Hac turn back around. ?Just give me a few minutes too but my stuff away.?

Hac picked up his bags and walked back in his quarters. He took a look at his new home and made a mental note of where everything was at. He put his bags down by his bed and walked back in the corridor to meet Chelsie to go to the Mess hall.

OFF: JP by:

Ensign Chelsie Marsid
Nurse
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

played by Captain Isabel Kersare

and
Ensign Hac Tredon
Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Thundera
Senior Staff

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:32 am

ON:<<Basement Warehouse, Day 3, 2207>>

Cheetara didn't wait for an order from Mason about Barrett's comments. She knew she had this game won. It was just a matter of a few moves. Cheetara began giving out a few orders for the chess board to move the pieces around. A few moments later, the board and pieces disappeared into nothing leaving the same intriguing scene that had been there before the pieces appeared.

"Sir, I'm picking a disturbance over from there direction", Cheetara blurted out as she began walking over in that direction. She continued scanning trying to find a way out.

OFF: TBC - I'm too tired to finish this right now, sorry
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:03 pm

<<USS Malinche, Sickbay, Day 3, 2200 hours>>

It was easier to breathe out in the corridors for a young Ensign. Lynn's already pale skin bega to regain a pink flush to her cheeks as her confidence of being abourd began to settle in.
Yes she still had a long way till she could be comfortable under her superiors but then again that shouldn't stop her from doing her job.Lynn made a mental note to make another personal log latter to rid her head of all the though floating around behind her green eyes.

" Ah ha! Sick-ety sick bay" Two digits snapped against one another.
The Medic's lips turned into a wide smile and glided past the doors, greeted by the familiar smells of antiseptic fluids.

Walking up to the steel counter tops and checking off equiptment in her mind, Lynn turned to find the 'patients' she had been told about. To her suprise some one had already taken the duty of wrapping them up!

'Curioser and curioser, well maybe not. Its not like some one can just leave crewmembers unattended until a doctor had time to show up.' Lynn mused as she approuched a fellow who was lying down.
She quickly began checking him over, Smiling and making conversation.

" Hello, I'm Ensign Quarterstaff. Can I take a look at you> Just to check up and see whats our situation is here?"
After his nod of approval and a brief conversation about already being taken care of she made a quick check over him, looked at files and finally sat down.

" Well...Mr. Cortek. I'm pleased to announce your survive. And if the rest of you crew was taken care of a well it wouldnt be too much to expect a full bill of recovery." The red head's smile was contatious and soon her patient was smiling equally as broad. " I'll leave you to rest now!"

Taking her leave from the spot, Lynn continued to look over a next patients files and make sure they where comfortable...She could do atleast that much.

<Off>
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:32 pm

ON:
<<Basement Warehouse, 2206, Day 3>>

At this point Mason hesitated on his next order, he looked over to Thundera who had already made moves on the board.

"I'm reading this floor to be solid. Shutting down the holograms must have restored the tiles somehow and we apparently are safe for the moment. Jason you take point rear Thundera continuing scanning. My tricorder is picking up massive amounts of dechyon particles coming from the source of the disturbance it could be a doorway of sorts. Let's keep moving and watch your backs. Move out." ordered Mason flicking on his arm band light.

The group continued on towards the disturbance it seemed the more they progressed towards it the farther it was. Hunt moved in to get a closer look as he did a sudden bright light appeared in between the crack of what appeared to be a door covered in black paint.

"Thundera, what do you make of this?" he asked touching it.

<Tag Thundera>

"Jason, i think this maybe our way out. Do you think we could use our phasers to widen this crack. I know its a big gamble but as it stands right now we are trapped in the middle of nowhere and this light can't be much worse." said Mason.

<Tag Jason>

Mason drew his phaser adjusting it to level nine high dispursion. He looked to both Thundera and Jason nodding for them to aim their weapons high. He could feel his finger shake along the top of the button. Having took one final breath and sighed and fired into the crack.

OFF: Tag Thundera & Jason
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:15 pm

<<Direidi Courtroom, 2205, Day 3>>

Peters looked at Kersare and Grayson. "OK, last game. If we win this one, we're good to go. We don't, well, we get one of the Direidi's weird punishments, I'm sure."

"Sounds promising," Isabel grinned. "We won the last game, and we're really coming together. All we need to do is keep up the momentum and we'll do it again. We get to serve first, so good luck Todd. Ready Mark?"

Mark dried the sweat on his forehead before answering. "Yes, I'm ready, Captain. Let's show these Direidi that they messed with the wrong people. Give them hell, Peters", said Grayson giving the other team an evil look.

"Alrighty, here goes nothing..." Peters said as he hefted the ball off the sand. With a smooth motion he jumped, tossed the ball, and smacked it over the net with his fist.

Nate moved to receive the ball, "Mine! Look for it Brit!" He didn't get under the ball quite as well as he should have, and the ball ended up heading to a spot behind Britny.

Mentally, Britny sighed. Quickly, she moved to where the ball was headed and still managed to set it perfectly for Jonny, who spiked it into the lower right hand corner of the Thunder's side of the net. "Yes!"

Jonny grinned as he took the ball and stepped behind the serving line. As the ball reached its peak, he brought his hand up and slammed it over the net - Ace.

"Great job Jonny!" Britny smiled and rolled the ball back to him. She watched as he served it once again, but this time, Team Thunder was more prepared.

Isabel watched as the volleyball flew over the net. Being close to the net, it was out of her area. She looked over her shoulder to see who would get it.

"Niahh", yelled Mark as he jumped to intercept the ball. As touch it he sent up but with no direction. "Someone get that freaking ball", he uttered.

Peters lunged towards the ball and managed to bump it over the net, but barely. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as straight a shot as earlier and it hit the sand out of bounds on the Lightning's side of the net.

<<15 minutes later>>

The score was currently 12-9, in favor of the Lightning. Both teams were doing fairly well, despite the three point difference. Unfortunately, Team Thunder wasn't doing as well as the second game and Team Lightning seemed to have regained their momentum from the first game.

Jonny glanced at Nate, "You need to watch for a tip from Isabel."

"Why? She's not done one yet. They're sticking with basic strategy. Let's just keep going," Nate replied.

"I know. I just also realize that they have been improving, so you never know. That Todd has a pretty good spike, considering. Even Mark's been getting in some moves," Jonny noted.

Britny walked over to them, "Alright, come on guys. We just need to keep our heads in the game for now. Let's go!" She rolled the ball under the net to Team Thunder. "Your serve!"

Mark looked at the ball. It was his turn to serve and his past serves had been awful. He knew that because of the painful expressions Peters did. Still, he had been observing the others and finally he had understood what to do. Imitating the movement from Peters, Mark served the ball with violence. The ball hurled to the other side and hit at the end of the court. Team lightning looked unbelieving where Mark's ball had hit. Ace.

"Nice shot, Grayson!" Peters exclaimed. Things seemed to be looking up, though it was still a hard-fought game. Still, Peters knew better than to count on things going smoothly, even though he did seem to be getting back into proper form for the game.

<5 minutes later>

The score was close, 14-13 Lightning, and it was the Lightning's serve. Britny pounded the ball over the net. Grayson bumped it back. Peters watched, in what suddenly seemed like slow motion, as Nate set the ball and Jonny spiked it.

The ball was heading towards the sand in Peters' corner. Lunging for it, Peters managed to get his arms under it and bump it up, but it was still heading away from the other players. Peters hit the sand a moment before the ball landed out of bounds.

Getting up, Peters tried to spit out a mouthful of sand as he pounded the ground with his fist. "Dammit, I should have had that one."

Isabel looked over at Todd, "It's alright Todd, you did your best." Now the interesting part...she wondered what would happen next.

"Game goes to Team Lightning!" The announcer called out. "They're all yours Your Honor!"

OFF: JP brought to you by:

Lieutenant JG Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and

Lieutenant Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:54 pm

<<- Starbase, Sickbay 1, 2215hrs ->>

The soft creases on Camerons forehead narrowed down into a frown of irritance. He was normally a very patient and very level headed individual but he could feel the twinges of anger pushing at him, sort of tempting him to give up. He still refused though. Another factor of his character was his stubborness and his determination. He slumped back in his chair and looked away from the viewing module. He blinked his bright blue eyes at the empty wall for a moment then turned back to the screen.

Three hours ago one Lieutenant Merchant had appeared at this very door with a heavy cough and all the symptoms of what the computer diagnosed as the flu. He cross-checked himself and came to the same conclusion. Instantly he went through the motions of removing the virus from the body of the Lieutenant but found he could not cure him. Seperating the viral cells and increasing the white blood cell count in the officers immune system seemed to do nothing to help. Taking a DNA sample he had seperated a viral cell and, with the infectious Merchant coughing and sneezing in the background, was now studying it. However no matter what he added as a stimulant or how he changed the environment he could not get the virus to react or to show any sign of life.

He bit his lip thoughtfully and stood up, lifting a medical tricorder and scanning Lieutenant Merchant, all the whilst talking to him.

"When exactly did you start suffering from the symptoms?" He asked directly.

"Um..." The nasally voiced officer thought for a second. "Possibly a day or so ago. It was quite mild and I assumed it was nothing more than a little infection or a cold."

"Working anywhere stressful lately?" Cameron asked. His Scots accent was there but he spoke clearly and precsicely, always in a relaxed and soft tone.

"Not specifically. I'm always on duty in the lower cargo areas from when the ships came in." He hesitated for a cough. "But we've not transported anything from a ship that has a chemical or...or...a biological component. It's all been sealed and I work quite some distance away."

"Anybody else in the Operations section have any complaints of the same symptoms?" He furrowed his brow at the tricorder readings. "Nothing peculiar from anyone else."

"Not a thing, doctor. That's why Lieutenant Commander Archa wanted me to come straight here to you." The young red haired man sneezed and sniffed loudly. "It just feels all...stuffy. Like, like a cold!"

Cameron sighed as he read the tricorder readings. It didn't make sense. In terms of physiology, Merchant was in prime condition. His heart rate was sufficient and normal, his temperature was perfect for the surrounding conditions and he was showing himself to be fairly bright and active rather than the expected drowsiness. Yet he had the red, runny nose. The horrible chesty wheeze and of course the constant sneezing and shivering. Cameron ran a hand through his thinning blonde hair and leant his hands forward on the bed, examining Merchant carefully with his naked eye.

"Tell me in all honesty, Lieutenant, do you actually FEEL unwell?" He said as he peered into the officers ear.

Merchant thought for quite a while. He hadn't specifically felt unfit for duty, he had just had a cough and sneezed a bit. He DID look a lot worse than his usual scruffy demeanor. "Well...no." He answered matter-of-factly. "I feel pretty good actually."

Cameron stood back and folded his hands into the pocket of his blue medical coat. He didn't quite know how to treat such a condition. It didn't make sense. However there were other angles to cover that he hadn't considered. "How are things personally?" He asked quietly. "Nothing unusual at home - you're not married or anything?"

"No" The Lieutenant shook his head. Then answered after a moment. "I have just started seeing someone recently, though. A Sarah Treala, she's a science official working here. We've been together about...oh I'd say six or seven weeks now - AAAH CHOOO!" The man sneezed loudly again - Cameron leaned over and pulled a simple tissue from a dispenser on the wall and handed it to him. Merchant thanked him with a smile and once he had wiped his nose was happy to see the tissue disentegrate and disappear.

"She's human?" Asked Cameron, sitting across from him on another bed - hands still tucked into his pockets.

"Yeah...well...She's an ex-borg. She was freed from the collective about six years ago from now."

"Does she still have neural implants?" Cameron inquisited.

"None whatsoever. In fact she told me herself that she doesn't have any. There's no external circuitry on her body either..." Merchant trailed.

"So you've spent the night with her?" Cameron asked, then nearly kicked himself at the look on the patients face. He had forgotten his manners and his attitude as he was getting lost in the study of the cell. A nurse walked past and offered a brief smile of greeting and a sharp nod - breaking the silence. Cameron replied with a smile and turned back to the Lieutenant. "Sorry, I'm forgetting myself...having one of THOSE days in all honesty. But it IS important."

Merchant gave a quick nod in response and Cameron played a more relaxed role by grinning and winking. Merchant smiled. Okay so it was chauvaunistic but it might help to have the young Lieutenant relax a little more. The situation seemed to be making him increasingly tense and the frustation gripping the Doctor himself wasn't enough. Merchant had a clean genetic record and no history of any specific condition that offered the same symptoms.

"Has she shown any signs of your symptoms?"

"None, Doctor, nobody else has." the Lieutenant hesitated. "But...I haven't seen Sarah in a few days or so."

"Is she off the base?"

"No, we had a fight. Well an argument particularly recently." Merchant began coughing and spluttering again the cleared his throat. He looked genuinely saddened. "Nothing spectacular just one of those little domestic things about our future yada yada yada. I have concerns as you can imagine."

Cameron laughed and nodded. "Yep well we've all been there. That's just how relationships go." He bit his lip and watched the Lieutenant again. The sad look reappeared on the young mans bright features as he thought of his girlfriend. Then he screwed up his face and sneezed, then coughed again. All of a sudden it hit the Doctor like a wet Jd'ada. Emotive response. He stood up sharply and advanced on Merchant with an angry look, improvising with his idea.

"But she thinks you're worthless, Merchant!" He snarled in his direction, a young medical Ensigns head snapped round - mouth agape. "And that's because you are, you're just a lowlife stupid starfleet boy with no expectations and no hope!"

Merchant looked horrifically shocked, then leapt to his feet. "That's NOT true!" An angry scowl appeared on his face - again interrupted by a sneeze, much more coughing and a long snivel. As the young man looked back up he found Cameron smiling.

"Sorry, just wanted to test a theory. I think I've got it." He turned and walked back to the screen while Merchant sat in a daze, wonderously nerved by the Doctor's performance. He knew Fairbairn was to be assigned to another ship and hadn't met the man before but he was...different. Different from Doctor Morientes anyway. She was more conventional.

Cameron stopped at the console, entering the magnification details and applying his new theory to the test. A neurological interface was simulated, the results of a brain performance scan left by another patient and electronically stimulated into the contained viral cell. Immediately it began fluctuating and mutating into more bacterial units. Cameron cancelled the command nd sighed, heaving his shoulders with relief. He turned back to Lieutenant Merchant.

"Okay, I know how to fix it and roughly what is." He said to the younger officer as he approached him with a smile. "BUT, I'm going to have to try and figure out where it's coming from. I don't know how infectious it is yet. Can you tell me when Ms Treala will be back aboard the station?"

OOC: (Apologies about the longness. Tried to inhabit as much of Dr. Fairbairns character as I could without making it overly about him. Enjoy!)
Doctor (Lt.) Cameron Fairbairn
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.