Mission 21 - Bad Medicine

Discuss mission ideas, ask questions about the plot, propose future missions, and find mission info here

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Mission 21 - Bad Medicine

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Use this thread to discuss Mission 21, Bad Medicine.

Doctors who will be joining us are:

Eldred Brun – Cardassian male.
Darius Xerx – Betazoid male.
Janor Keel – Trill male (unjoined).
Delia Banks – Human female.
Azek Ren – Bajoran male.
Alexander Hansen – Human male.

===============================================
Other than what I described previously (via email) regarding what your characters could be doing for shoreleave, here are some ideas for the start of the mission:

Command: Preparing for the arrival of the doctors
Intel: Ensure the Intel department is ready for departure (any necessary databases are updated, equipment procured, etc), begin checking out the doctors (see myself or Zeral for more info)
Operations: Ensure repairs are completed, report to Kersare for status report
Engineering: Ensure repairs are completed, report to Kersare for status report, meet with CMO to verify identity
Security/Tactical: Ensure Sec/Tac is ready for departure (necessary equipment procured, tactical systems working, etc), prepare plan for having our guests aboard (keeping them out of restricted areas, etc)
Medical: Verify identity of Aurora, Work with Sirak, report to Dallas to begin counseling, report to Kersare regarding Vulcan trip, ensure Medical is ready for departure (medical database updates, resupplied, etc), perhaps look up info on our guests
Counseling: Session with Aurora (?), counseling with Setak, ensure counseling is ready for departure (any database updates/supplies have been acquired)

If you have questions, need clarification or additional ideas, respond in this thread, PM me, IM me, or email me.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Re: Mission 21 - Bad Medicine

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 am

Are there any volunteers to play some of the doctors?

So far, we have:

Eldred Brun – Cardassian male.
Darius Xerx – Betazoid male. [Zeral]
Janor Keel – Trill male (unjoined).
Delia Banks – Human female. [Kersare]
Azek Ren – Bajoran male.
Alexander Hansen – Human male.

Reply here if you're interested in taking on an NPC. If you are, I'll add your name to the list and Zeral or I will PM you with additional info regarding the NPC doctor you're playing.

Thanks all!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kochanski
Senior Staff

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Do you want Kochanski to beam over with the doctors as his introduction or separately? Either works for me.
Lieutenant Callum Kochanski
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:26 am

That'll be fine - he can come over with the doctors. You could do a post about him arriving at Spacedock in the evening of Day 1 or morning of Day 2. When he comes aboard in the morning of Day 2, he can report in either to Captain Kersare or Commander Zeral.

Sidenote: We're still looking for volunteers to play some of the other doctors...any takers?
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 am

So, those playing the NPC docs are:

Eldred Brun – Cardassian male. [Setak]
Darius Xerx – Betazoid male. [Zeral]
Janor Keel – Trill male (unjoined). [Kersare]
Delia Banks – Human female. [Kersare]
Azek Ren – Bajoran male. [Setak]
Alexander Hansen – Human male. [Zeral]

Anyone playing a doc can write something about your NPC coming aboard.

Also, Zeral & I will use our doc NPCs to help bring Callum aboard. Kochanski, you should be getting a JP start soon.

Other than what I described previously (via email) regarding what your characters could be doing for shoreleave, here are some ideas for the start of the mission:

Command: Preparing for the arrival of the doctors/Welcoming docs aboard & prep to leave
Intel: Ensure the Intel department is ready for departure (any necessary databases are updated, equipment procured, etc), begin checking out the doctors (see myself or Zeral for more info)
Operations: Prepare lab for docs
Engineering: Prepare lab for docs, meet with CMO to verify identity
Security/Tactical: Ensure Sec/Tac is ready for departure (necessary equipment procured, tactical systems working, etc), prepare plan for having our guests aboard (keeping them out of restricted areas, etc)
Medical: Verify identity of Aurora, Work with Sirak, report to Dallas to begin counseling, report to Kersare regarding Vulcan trip, ensure Medical is ready for departure (medical database updates, resupplied, etc), perhaps look up info on our guests
Counseling: Session with Aurora (?), counseling with Setak, ensure counseling is ready for departure (any database updates/supplies have been acquired), possible meet some of the NPC docs (if Karyn might know some of them)

If you have questions, need clarification or additional ideas, respond in this thread, PM me, IM me, or email me.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Command: Welcoming docs aboard & prep to leave, getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Intel: Ensure the Intel department is ready for departure (any necessary databases are updated, equipment procured, etc), begin checking out the doctors (see myself or Zeral for more info), getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Operations: Prepare lab for docs, getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Engineering: Prepare lab for docs, meet with CMO to verify identity, meet with doc in lab (JP started), getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Security/Tactical: Ensure Sec/Tac is ready for departure (necessary equipment procured, tactical systems working, etc), prepare plan for having our guests aboard (keeping them out of restricted areas, etc), getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Science:Come aboard, check in with CO, getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Medical: Verify identity of Aurora, Work with Sirak, report to Dallas to begin counseling, report to Kersare regarding Vulcan trip, ensure Medical is ready for departure (medical database updates, resupplied, etc), perhaps look up info on our guests, getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat
Counseling: Session with Aurora (?), counseling with Setak, ensure counseling is ready for departure (any database updates/supplies have been acquired), possible meet some of the NPC docs (if Karyn might know some of them), getting ready for welcome dinner, Welcome dinner arrival/chat

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 am

Command: Reaction posts to Janor's death, get department reports, potentially assist with investigation
Intel: Reaction posts to Janor's death, more thorough background checks on the doctors (see myself or Zeral for more info), reach out to contacts to see if there's any other similar deaths (see myself or Zeral for more info), assist with investigation (coordinate with Masterson)
Operations: Reaction posts to Janor's death, if requested answer questions for investigation (coordinate with Masterson), attempt to get back to 'regular' work
Engineering: Reaction posts to Janor's death, if requested answer questions for investigation (coordinate with Masterson), attempt to get back to 'regular' work
Security/Tactical: Reaction posts to Janor's death, begin investigation (coordinate with others if questioning them, see myself or Zeral for more info), collect evidence
Medical: Reaction posts to Janor's death, if requested answer questions for investigation (coordinate with Masterson), determine cause of death, report findings
Counseling: Session with Aurora (?), counseling with Setak, Reaction posts to Janor's death, offer counseling to neurologists/those at the dinner, if requested answer questions for investigation or offer assistance/insight into perpetrator (coordinate with Masterson)

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 am

Command: Reaction posts to Janor's death, get department reports, potentially assist with investigation
Intel: Reaction posts to Janor's death, more thorough background checks on the doctors (see myself or Zeral for more info), reach out to contacts to see if there's any other similar deaths (see myself or Zeral for more info), assist with investigation (see PM from me)
Operations: Reaction posts to Janor's death, attempt to get back to 'regular' work, discover someone tried to hack into the systems, setup re-creation of crime scene (day 3)
Engineering: Reaction posts to Janor's death, attempt to get back to 'regular' work, discover someone tried to hack into the systems (late Day 2 or early day 3), Sickbay visit (day 2?), setup re-creation of crime scene (day 3)
Security/Tactical: Reaction posts to Janor's death, begin investigation (coordinate with others if questioning them, see myself or Zeral for more info), collect evidence
Medical: Reaction posts to Janor's death, determine cause of death, test food from dinner, JP with engineering (day 2?)
Counseling: Session with Aurora (?), counseling with Setak, Reaction posts to Janor's death, offer counseling to neurologists/those at the dinner, if requested answer questions for investigation or offer assistance/insight into perpetrator (PM'd you about this), join in on interrogations (I'll coordinate with you on this)

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am

Command: Reaction posts to investigation, get department reports, potentially assist with investigation

Intel: Reaction posts to the investigation so far, reach out to contacts to see if there's any other similar deaths (see myself or Zeral for more info), work with Security on interrogation of Azek Ren (potential suspect) and Eldred Brun (intended target)

Operations: Reaction posts to hack discovery/investigation, work with Engineering to determine who hacked which systems, run diagnostics

Engineering: Reaction posts to hack discovery/investigation, work with Operations to determine who hacked which systems, check replicators with Dr. Setak to look for poison

Security/Tactical: Reaction posts to the investigation so far, work with Intel on interrogation of Azek Ren (potential suspect) and Eldred Brun (intended target), guard neurologists for their safety

Medical: Work with engineering regarding poison, potentially reach out to medical community regarding the neurologists, work with counselor

Counseling: Counseling with Setak, Reaction posts to investigation, offer counseling to neurologists/those at the dinner

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A