Jason Barrett

Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Barrett
Senior Staff

Jason Barrett

Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:11 am

There are many things that make me nervous, among them are being called to the chief intelligence officer's office. Something about Grayson doesn't sit too well with me, though I never did really like intelligence officers.

He wants me to go to Maran with him and after stating that Darkhelm has been in some danger, I decided that I should go. Nothing to do with Grayson mind you, I just wouldn't want to ever see anything happen to Amanda. So, I guess I better get packing.

I just hope that things aren't as bad as Grayson makes it sound. After out last mission, I could really use a vacation.

END LOG.
Lieutenant Commander Jason Barrett
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Re: Jason Barrett

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:26 pm

First Officers Log:

The Romulans will be coming aboard shortly, apparently to partake in a dinner inviation by Captain Kersare. I am not entirely confident that they don't have an alternative agenda, although to be fair we seem to as well. Adam keeps telling me to go into it with an open mind. I should probably listen to him, he seems to get along with everyone.

It's not that I don't trust the Romulans, I have nothing against them, but preaching peace when you have such an aggressive military arm could get you into lots of trouble. I can only hope that there are many more Romulans out there that want peace; I have had enough bloodshed for the time being. It would be nice to pass by a Romulan ship without having to worry about whether or not they are going to arm torpeadoes and blow you out of the water so to speak.

Adam has come up with a rather...well I guess interesting is the only word that I can use to describe it. He made some mention about adopting a kid the other day, a Bajoran orphan...I thought that he was joking, that it was just an off-handed commment. But apparently he wasn't...he was totally dead serious. I don't really know how I feel about that, I mean I always wanted kids but I wasn't sure that Adam did...or that he would be the one that I would be raising a kid with.

I should probably get going now, the Captain wants everything ship shape.

END LOG.
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Barrett
Senior Staff

Re: Jason Barrett

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:37 pm

First Officer's Log:

Someone should really remind me that nothing on the ships, or any starship for that matter, is routine. Here I thought that we would show up and have to fix a faulty subspace radio or something; instead we get attacked by ships from the mirror universe. I'm not entirely sure what they are doing here; although something tells me it might have something to do with the fact that they were creating a virus. At least from what we can gather from Setak, thats what they were doing. Personally, I think that they were up to something else along with that.

Beta section is finally as repaired as she is going to be. We're heading out to look for the other mirror universe ships soon...hopefully we can find them before they find us. I've been informed that Ryan Morris, who was infected on the away team, is going to make a complete recovery...no thanks to the Vulcan that we brought aboard. There is something about him that I don't readily trust...even if he did save Ryan's life. We have to remeber that he was the one that created the virus in the first place.

I wish I had more time to sit down with Adam and finish planning the wedding but this mission has had us on our toes from day one. Thankfully, there are only a few more details to work out after we return...like shopping for a ring. I have an idea about what I want but haven't been able to find one that I really like...or that I think that he will really like. Its not something that I thought would be hard for me but knowing that he'll spend the rest of his life looking it makes me want to make it special.

Tavi is handling the whole situation remarkably well. The battle didn't seem to phase him all that much; although I need to make an appointment and have him talk to Nora at some point. For being so young his ability to adapt and take things in stride is a breath of fresh air.

END LOG.
Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A