Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Quaid
Senior Staff

Quaid, Jacob

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 pm

<<Lost and Found, USS Malinche Gamma Section Bridge, Day 3, 1350>

Personal Log ON:

As I stare at the incoming sensor data I have to wonder ?Are they really out there?? They are the stuff of nightmarish legend, whose acts have left wounds throughout the four quadrants of this galaxy.

I find myself questioning if we?ll ever truly prevail against an enemy that could be as old as the dawn of time.

Scientists have theorized the Borg?s origins over the years, ?They where a result of V?Ger?s merging with ?the creator?,? or ?They have evolved from beings much like the humans of today,? but one thing is clear, they will wound us again this day.

That I am sure of, every encounter the Federation has had with the Borg has ended up in assimilation or death? as if the two can be differentiated.

The Battle of Wolf 359 saw thousands of people die while they defended their families and loved ones. But then of course the families and loved ones suffered too, when those brave men and women never returned home.

And then years later they came again. A ship striking at the birth of humanities ventures into the final frontier and more brave men and women fall, trying to stop their advancement. It took one ship and one crew to stop them?can the same be said for our situation.

With two ships and two crews working together, can we stop this Borg threat? Do we have what it takes?

You better believe we do because I doubt there?s a crewmember on either ship that will willingly allow the Borg to further wound the Federation and its citizens.

As I stare at the incoming sensor data, I have to wonder ?Are they really ready for us??

Personal Log OFF:
Lieutenant Jacob "Jake" Quaid
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Quaid
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:21 am

<<Lost and Found shore leave, USS Malinche ? Lt. Quaid?s Quarters, Day 2, 20:00>

Personal Log ON:

Well there?s a turnout for the books, the Captain made my temporary assignment as Chief Security/Tactical Officer, a little more permanent.

I acted like a jerk and then she goes and offers me a new position on her staff? I?m feeling pretty foolish right about now. Why did I unload on Kersare like that? I don?t know her on any personal level. I?m sure anyone will tell you that a good CO is ready to listen to your objections and complaints but I?ve never done that before.

I mean I?ve seen things that?d make a Tholian freeze up and I?ve never gone off like that, not to my friends in SSWAT, not to any of my former superiors. Maybe it was the situation. People died, I faced off with Borg, lives on the line and all that? but that?s the life of a Starfleet Officer.

Some people have said that I should seek some form of professional help; maybe I?ll stop by the Counselors office sometime. Nah? Counselors have never helped me in the past, so why would they now? I?ll guess I?ll just go run a few training programs, or go climbing or diving in one of my Mountain programs? that usually clears my head some. The Captain did say that I should take some time out, and I do have a couple of hours before lights out. A quick jaunt in the Holodeck will do nicely. I?ll maybe follow it up by catching up on some reading.

And I?ll need a clear head if I?m gonna get the Torpedo Launchers upgraded and working before we leave this Cardassian monstrosity.

Personal Log OFF:
Lieutenant Jacob "Jake" Quaid
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B