Elbrun, Tyler

Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Elbrun
Crewmember

Elbrun, Tyler

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm

ON:

As I look over the staffing of the USS Malinche, I notice that there are two Astrometrics Officers and then realized that there are 3 shifts so this lab would have to be staffed at all times. While I am going to assume that I am going to be on Alpha shift, I will have to learn not to think of this as my personal lab for fear of alienating the rest of the Science department. I should meet with the Senior Science Officer as soon as possible.

I was thinking back to my previous assignment and how I loved that job as Senior Science Officer but hated all the administration that went along with it. I even stayed with that job for nearly 5 years before requesting a transfer to a pure research position and when this one came up I pounced on it hoping it would be better. Jordan hated to see me go of course but she understood my reasonings behind my request. So I left with her blessing and also gave her the name of a good candidate for the job.

I hate that this position is on a warship but then I realize that even warships need good Stellar Cartographers and other such scientists to assist them. Depite the normal lack of good lab space, this ship is oddly well equipped. I think I will like it here until a pure science vessel comes available.

I am not planning on going back to CSciO until much later but would take an assistant job if it came available.

OFF

NRPG: Lieutenant Steele, email me when ever you are ready for our first meeting