Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Anderson
Crewmember

Anderson, Emily

Fri May 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Mission - When in Rome

[Personal Log - Medical Officer]

"I don't like the look of what is going on here. We have had too many injuries to be good. Sickbay has been bustling since we entered this space en route to Ivor Prime. There have been a couple of deaths. It has been said that many of the crew are suffering from amnesia.

“I am investigating the amnesia, and hopefully will find out what is behind it. This is all too puzzling though,” she said and then stopped. She rubbed her eyes and kept them closed for a moment as if opening them was a task she didn’t want to even consider. She opened them and looked up again.

“I’m not sure if this is real or all just a very bad dream. Part of me wants to find out, and the other part just wants to wake up to something less horrible. A crewman died on me today. I’m not sure I can stand this. How does anyone deal with someone dying on them like that? I did everything I could, and yet it wasn’t enough.

“Am I really cut out to be a medical officer after all? Why in the world did I do this in the first place? Can I ever repay my debt if people keep dying? Is this worth it? Maybe I should resign and return home. At least there people won’t die, and I can be of good use like I was especially since I have learned so much.”

[End Personal Log]
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B