Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Rho
Senior Staff

Rho, Alexis

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 pm

<When in Rome>

<<Intel Office, Private Area, Prior to visiting Nora in the Counseling Office>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Assistant Intel Chief’s Personal Log.

Since getting on board, things have been crazy. Lt. Grayson has been meeting and working with the other Department heads to figure things out. The ride through this spatial anomaly has been like a roller coaster. Power fluctuations, unusual things happening with the ship’s systems…and now I learn that security has been beefed up in a certain area of the ship. Probably none of my business, but it is curious.

Oh, and these blasted headaches! I’ve only had one or two, but they were so weird. It’s almost like something or someone is trying to invade my brain and mind. There are several Vulcans and Betazoids on board, but I don’t think they would try anything. But then again, you never know what agenda an individual has or what a person might have up their sleeve. I’ve got a meeting with the Counselor in a few minutes. I really don’t want to bring it up to her. Hate to get the moniker “the crazy new girl.” Oh well, guess I’d better get going.

Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A
"My mind is the only sanctuary that has not been stolen from me. People have tried to breach it before, but I've learned to defend it vigorously, for I am only safe with my innermost thoughts."

Rho
Senior Staff

Re: Rho, Alexis

Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 am

<When in Rome>

<<Intel Office, Private Area>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Assistant Intel Chief’s Personal Log.

“The last few hours have been interesting. I was privileged to see something that apparently has not been tried in quite some time. We detonated a rigged torpedo to explode in a subspace rift. The light show was magnificent. At least there will be no more shakes and tremors. Hopefully nothing else will pop up that will make this mission too terribly bad. But then again, this is a Starfleet ship. They seem to attract difficulties like metal to magnets. I do hope all of this research shows nothing in the way of us exiting this spatial mess. I would like to meet some of the inhabitants of Ivor Prime. Not growing up in the Federation has its downsides; like not getting the chance to meet a lot of other species. Oh, well.

“I have heard some Security personnel talking about a liberated Borg drone on board. That is interesting. The last liberated Borg drone I knew of was Seven Of Nine. Some of the higher ups in Intel thought that was going to be a catastrophe. But it turned out okay. I suppose this will be fine also. Starfleet must be big on that now, liberating Borg drones from the Collective.”

Alexis looked over towards the other console where Derrin was sifting through his stack of PADD’s. “It looks like Ensign Derrin (NPC) is really getting into this research stuff. Wish I had his enthusiasm. Guess I had better get to work on mine.

“Computer, end log.”

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A
"My mind is the only sanctuary that has not been stolen from me. People have tried to breach it before, but I've learned to defend it vigorously, for I am only safe with my innermost thoughts."

Rho
Senior Staff

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:08 pm

<When in Rome>

<<Alexis’ Quarters, Morning of Day 4>>

Personal Log ON:

"Computer, begin Personal Log. It was really hard to get up this morning. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because I’ve been so busy since going on duty. Going on duty; now there’s something to write home about, if I did such things. It has been different here than on my previous ship. I seem to be held at a distance more than usual; with the exception of Nora, the Chief Counselor. Anyway, SFI is SFI no matter what ship you’re on, but something seems different here. Maybe this crew has been through so much together over the past several years that they’re more of a family and I’m still the outsider. But you know what? That’s okay with me. I’m satisfied with being the outsider. It gives me a position where I can view everyone and everything with an unbiased analysis. Speaking from an Intelligence point of view, that is.

This charade of the ‘letter of the law’ officer is getting old. I wish I didn’t have to put up with it. Maybe I’ll get a chance to be my SFI-self sometime. I wonder how that would go over. If they saw the cold, untrusting, uncaring, non-diplomatic person that I really am, what would they do? Ostracize me like my own people did? I’m not willing to take that chance yet. I’ve finally gotten into a position where I can get some stuff done.

Which reminds me, I’ve got to figure out what to do with a derelict Hyperion beetle storage depot. I suppose I could give it SFI and they could use it for something. But what would that get me? Maybe I could convince Pront to get it set-up as way station. Something small and not too elaborate, especially if the right people come in. It would make a very good place for Intel gathering. Of course Pront would want in on the deal. I think I could let him have a small share of the profits. The impact that it would have on the harvesting below could be an incentive. Especially if the owner sells and I could get it for the right price. Yes…Pront might that like very much.”

Alexis had been fixing her hair after getting dressed. “Guess it’s time to see what the day holds. Computer, end log.”

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rho
Senior Staff

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm

<When in Rome>

<<Intel Office, Day 4, shortly after the interrogation>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Personal Log.

That interrogation went better than some of those in the past. At least the person on the receiving end went away with a strong disdain instead of an extreme hatred…or so it seemed. But, it was good to be back in those shoes again, even if it was just for a little while. Hopefully the information gained will be of some help in finding out what in the world is going on here. I’m just glad that the Captain and Lt. Barrett came in when they did. That little Alex was getting ready to get the third degree; what an attitude. If we hadn’t been on a Federation ship…. Although Alex may have never had a run-in with an Intel officer before. He probably never left Engineering except to go to his quarters at the end of the day. Poor Caleb, having to deal with all this afterwards. Nora will be very busy over the next few days.

On a different note, I should be getting my monthly report from Pront any day now. Part of the agreement was that he would keep me on top of the local gossip and interesting shipping manifests. You know, I wonder if this is what it feels like when one Ferengi has another one exploited and in the palm of his hand. Oh well, there’s no time like the present to get my own informant list together…and Pront is my first customer. I guess I should start planning for the next one. Maybe it would be a Romulan courier…or an Orion slave girl. Now, there’s someone who would have inside information on something worthwhile. Oooh, gotta get to the Bridge.

Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rho
Senior Staff

Take a Little Time

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

<Take a Little Time>

<<Alexis’ Shore leave, Day 6, 1648, Ivor Prime, Back in her room.>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Chief Intelligence Officer’s Personal Log. Hm, that sounds good…Chief Intelligence Officer. I like it. Anyway, it has been quite a decent shoreleave. I almost hate for it to be over. But…at the same time I long for it to be over. The dreams, the ones I had back on the Starbase before the Malinche arrived, are back. I cannot stand the idleness! I’ve difficulty finding things down here to keep my mind busy. After all, a place like this was designed to relax your mind and let it wonder. One thing that has helped is the message from Pront. Strange that he thought a Cardassian freighter stopping at interesting places to pick up cargo would be of any concern to me. I suppose part of being an Intel officer and having contacts, especially ones like Pront, is sorting through all the extra garbage and prioritizing what is important. My first question will be how a Ferengi ever got placed on a Cardassian freighter to begin with. I wonder what all “gaming manager” entails. Oh, well, some questions are better left alone…for the time being.

It looks like it’s time to start packing my things. I’d like to get back to the ship and make sure things are ready for departure. I still have to get that last bit of work finished at Mission Ops so it can access my office console and the Intel network. Besides, I want to be there when the last person reports back to the department. Unless the Captain has something else in mind, I’d like to see their faces and reactions when the hear that I’m their new boss.

Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rho
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm

<Do As the Romulans Do>

<<Alexis' Quarters, Day 2, 1836>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Chief Intelligence Officer’s Personal Log. Today was pretty hectic. I spent most of the afternoon getting the Intelligence databases and systems locked out and secured against any potential threats. The last thing we need is some rogue Romulan getting his greedy little hands on Starfleet Intelligence information. Wouldn't that just set well with the Admiralty!

After that, I handed out everybody's assignments. Most were glad not to be anywhere near the Romulans. Ensign Derrin (NPC) was almost cheerful. I'm not quite sure whether it's Romulans or government officials that dislikes worse. The mention of them seem to gender the same mental response, disdain. I would be interested to know what he has against government officials, especially if he is to be the Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer. I've put more thought to that lately in regards to Ensign Michael Derrin. He seems capable enough. But I need to have one-on-one, closed door meeting with him to determine if there's anything to this government official thing. I might even send him to Lt. Zeral for a evaluation to see if her professional expertise as a Counselor drums up something.

On another note, I begin the first training exercise with the energy knives in about twenty minutes in holo-deck 2. I chose Tilden to be the first since she's my Infiltration Officer. I want her on top of her game if I have to use her in her specialized capacity. Most of the staff have been away from their Intel Ops training long enough to require a refresher course in some aspects of it. However, we'll start with just the energy knives and see how it goes from there. I do have a surprise for all of them, though. The last segment of the training is a planet side scenario in which we are to infiltrate a ketracell white facility, stealthily eliminate opposition forces in our path while armed only with the energy knife, retrieve a sample, and exit the facility undetected. Phasers are a nice weapon, but I'm concentrating on close-quarters-combat.

I need to get ready now for the first segment of the training. More later. Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rho
Senior Staff

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:46 pm

<Be Wary of Your Friends, JM with Starbase 386>

<<Alexis' Office on the Malinche, Starbase 386 Day 1, 0645>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Chief Intelligence Officer’s Personal Log. Well we're supposed to arrive at Starbase 386 today. At which time, I should be on the Bridge at Mission Ops. For no particular reason other than to be up there when we dock. It just seems right. At any rate, that one-on-one talk with Ensign Derrin (NPC) went well. He said that diplomats and government officials gave him the 'willies.' I was right in my initial assessment; he doesn't care for diplomats, high ranking government officials, or anything that has to do with civil politics. He prefers to stick close to Starfleet and the whole military aspect of things. I can't say as I'd blame on that. Red tape never was one of my favorite things either. Bottom line, I think he's the right one for the Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer position. Now, I just have to get with the Captain on it.

The energy knife quals and training is going well. Tilden (NPC) performed better than I expected. Derrin is next on deck for the training. As soon as we have an opportunity, that is. When we get to 386, things are going to pick up quite a bit. I'm sure there will be briefings of every sort at least twice a day. I mean, there will be representatives from every major power in the quadrant on that base. Essential personnel will need to know a lot of stuff. That said, I've been tasked with giving an Intel briefing in a couple of days to certain station personnel. I expect the CO, XO, and station security will the ones. But who knows who else will be in attendance.

On a side note, I intend to find some free time before all the briefings to meet with Pront (NPC) regarding his message about Cardassian freighter stops. Why he thinks that would be of any interest to me is unknown. But it's at least something to check out. We also have to discuss that old beetle depot.

Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Rho
Senior Staff

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm

<The Waiting Game: Shoreleave>

<<Alexis' Office on the Malinche, 0832>>

Personal Log ON:

Computer, begin Chief Intelligence Officer’s Personal Log. The previous mission seemed to go well enough. We’re still here. Albeit, relations with the Elysians aren’t what they used to be…or maybe they are. It’s just that the relations are better known.

At any rate, I was able to get back to 386 to meet with Pront about that weird message. He wasn’t too enthused to see me, but then he never really is. Apparently his contact aboard that Cardassian freighter was able to get a sneak peak at some of the containers they picked up off-route. He said they were big enough to carry a Targ, no larger. It struck me as odd that a Ferengi would know about a Targ. But that was another question for another time. I tried to get Pront to tell me what was written on the side of the shipping containers, but he wanted to know the part he was going to play in the beetle depot. Honestly, I hadn’t given that old thing much thought then and really haven’t since then. I told him I thought about making a way-station for weary travelers. I know he bought it because he started trying to figure out how he could make a profit by selling latinum dipped Hyperion beetles. I had to laugh…those little creatures are so predictable.

When I finally got his mind back on the discussion at hand, he told me that his contact couldn’t read the lettering. I about cold-cocked him! Then he explained that the lettering was drastically faded, like the containers had been shipped from storage unit to storage unit for several years. It looked like they had been through several hands, but never opened. He then handed me a folded-up piece of paper. Apparently the contact had tried to scribble the legible writing and draw some of the emblems from the containers. I took the paper, still folded, and slid it into my pocket. I instructed Pront to tell his friend to back off for a while. I didn’t tell him, but if this turns out to be something usable, I’d hate to lose such a valuable, and well placed, contact.

When I get a chance, I’ll have to put the document into the computer and run a few algorithms to see if I can clear it up. In the mean time, there is something that I must discuss with Ensign Michael Derrin.

Computer, end log.

Personal Log OFF.
Lieutenant JG Alexis Rho
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A