Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Davis
Senior Staff

Davis, James

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:00 am

<When In Rome>

<Davis' quarters, 1015, Day 1>

Personal Log ON:

Well, I can't believe it. My dream has finally come true. I guess that hard work at the academy paid off. I'm still getting chills all through me. I haven't been this nervous since my first day of classes. I can already tell this is going to be a great experience.

My father always told me, "Follow your dreams and let nothing get in your way from accomplishing those dreams." He was right. He has been an important piece in my life and he'll always be. The support he's given me along with the rest of my family will forever be priceless to me.

But now comes the task of being the new Assistant Chief Engineering Officer. As I mentioned, I've waited my whole life for this. I still have many things to learn, but I welcome the challenges ahead. I hope I can be a good team player and above all do my best to help out the crew.

I've already had the pleasure of speaking with the Chief Engineering Officer, Todd Peters. He seems like a really good person. I shouldn't have any problems working with him. The person I haven't had the pleasure of meeting just yet is the CO, Captain Kersare. I've heard a lot about her and have always had the highest respect for. That's why I'm glad to be on the Malinche.

On a short note, I do miss home. I miss my parents, my brother, and all my friends. But I know, deep down inside, that they are happy with the path I chose for my life. I will always keep them in my heart and on my mind, but not so much to where it clouds my judgement and interferes with my work.

Here's to a bright future.

Personal Log OFF

((I know this mission is well underway, I just needed to get this done.))
Lieutenant JG James Walker Davis
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Re: Davis, James

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:20 pm

<When In Rome>

<Chief Engineer's Office, 1350, Day 4>

Personal Log ON:

You know something? I'm beginning to like this job. It's a hard job, but I'm loving this. I'm just, mmmm! It's a good feeling that can't be described by words.

I met up with Lieutenant Peters in the mess hall. I so wanted to say: Sir, you look like shit. He was beat! I wanted to see him fall asleep with a sandwich in his hand, but the coffee kept him up. Hehe heh. What a character. As I've probably mentioned before, I'm going to enjoy working with him.

That reactor just about kicked my ass. It's almost completely broken down. Maybe I'm not used to the job yet. I should be used to it since I took classes at the Academy for Engineering. Most of the class was hands on. I must be a little rusty. Ha ha! I'll be fine though.

Well, hate to make this short, but I'm being motioned over. Gotta run.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:51 pm

<Take A Little Time>

<Davis' Quarters, Day 5, 1030, USS Malinche, Shoreleave>

Personal Log ON:

Boy, if there are any words that can describe how ashamed I feel right now.... scratch that. There aren't any! I am at a total loss here and all I can say is, "Thank God, Peters isn't going to tell a soul!"

I went to Engineering to look for my commbadge and as I entered, late 20th century rock and roll started playing. Thinking that there wasn't a soul around, which was a mistake on my part because someone had to be in there, I started dancing to the beat. The first song was "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger, a favorite of mine. So I start dancing a bit, a little moonwalk here and there.... then it changed to an oldie, goodie... "Thriller" by Michael Jackson. I was already in the groove so I start doing the dance associated with the song. After being deep in thought with the song, it changed to Barry Manilow. GAH! I hate that guy.

After cursing for several minutes, it was revealed that Peters was the one controlling the music and was watching me the whole time. I just made myself look like an ass in front of my superior. Granted he asked if I was lost, I told him I was looking for my badge, but the music got me sidetracked. After a brief conversation with him, he "threw me out" of Engineering. Heh heh heh! I guess I should head back down to Ivor Prime. I'll worry myself to death if I stay here.
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:50 am

<Take a Little Time>

<Davis' Quarters, Day 5, 1700, USS Malinche, Shoreleave>

Personal Log ON:

Well, that was a refreshing rest. I was able to do some drawings of the area and I found a gem. I'm going to call it my lucky gem. It might bring me some good luck here. Heh heh heh. Man, I'll tell you one thing, I am refreshed. I feel like a million dollars. Okay, maybe not a million. I settle for one hundred thousand. But, I am feeling good for the most part. I got my lucky gem as mentioned, my body's relaxed, and I put my drawing utensils to good use. But, I'm not one hundred percent satisfied with my trip down to the planet.

Those memories I got while down there disturbed me a little. I don't know why, but they did. It's not something that needs immediate help, it just urked me a little. I couldn't believe that I could remember what my father had told me so many years ago. But, I am glad that I remembered it. If I didn't, I'd become restless and always looking for work. This is time to relax. I mean, come on. Why work on time off when you can be out enjoying yourself? I'll remember that little tidbit for here on out.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some weight training to do.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 am

<Take A Little Time>

<Davis' Quarters, Day 6, 1230, Ivor Prime, Shoreleave>

Personal Log ON:

Sadly, it's almost time to leave. I really don't want this to end. It's been crazy in Engineering since my arrival. Oh well... as the old saying goes, "All Good things must come to an end." What a shame. Heh heh heh!!

This shoreleave has been nothing but good. I'm well-rested and ready to work. I mainly stayed behind just in case something in Engineering needed to be done or I was in my quarters working out. Even if Lieutenant Commander Peters, yes I said Lieutenant Commander, told me to go do something other than anything dealing with Engineering, I would have argued the case with him. I would have lost the battle, but would feel no regrets about it. He knows that I love to work and hardly rest. He even told me that one day all that lack of rest will catch up to me. I looked at him, grinned, and said, "This coming from a man who hardly sleeps and relies heavily on coffee." He just cracked a grin and ordered, yes ordered, me to go get some rest. I wasn't going to argue that point anymore.

Speaking of Peters, I would once again like to congratulate him once more for his promotion to Lieutenant Commander. Well deserved for the big guy. I'll get mine when the time is right. I'm not stressing it. Heh heh.

Well, time to get packed and head back to the ship. I'm sure I'll be needed when it comes time for departure. At least this time I'll be well rested.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm

<The Waiting Game>

<Davis' Quarters, Day 20, 1110, USS Malinche, Shoreleave>

Personal Log ON:

It's been about six months since I was last on the Malinche and not a whole lot has changed during that time. The only change I saw so far is that I'm now the Assistant Chief Operations Officer instead of my previous position as Assistant Chief Engineering Officer. It's something new to try. I do love a good challenge.

I was told by Captain Kersare that I would still be working with Engineering from time to time, which is a big plus because I had a blast working with Lieutenant Commander Peters. But the biggest concern I actually had, before returning to the Malinche, was whether or not I would be returning here. I guess I prayed hard enough to get back. But then again, the Captain did tell me I was still assigned to the ship.

Captain Kersare is by far the most proficient and well-spoken Commanding Officer I have had the honor to work with. She understood that I needed to be with my family during my father’s heart surgery. If this were any other CO, I probably would have been reassigned to another ship. Thank you, Captain Kersare, for understanding me during my absence.

Now I shouldn't waste anymore time than I have to. I'm sure Lieutenant Hansen is expecting me and if not, I should go make a proper introduction to him. After all, I'm going to be working with him, so I better get to know my superior. This should be a lot of fun. I can feel it.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 pm

<Inferno's Light>

<Chief Operator's Office, Gamma Section, USS Malinche, Day 15, 0500>

Personal Log ON:

After only a couple hours of sleep, I often wonder if I’ll ever get back into a regular sleep pattern. I asked Captain Kersare that very same question before the ship split into three different parts with me being assigned to the Gamma Section. She told me that there will be days where I’ll get some sleep and days where I won‘t. I guess it’s something I’ll have to get used to. With Lieutenant Hansen’s resignation a while back, I was informed that I would be “Acting” Chief Operations Officer. So, with that in mind, I better not hope for a whole lot of sleep.

I’ve been keeping in contact with a few member’s of the crew about the situation with the current mission. I haven’t really had time to get the full gist of what’s been going on due to the repairs I’ve been tending to. It has been a wild past few days, but I have kept a level head and such so that I don’t lose concentration on the task at hand. I really hope things get better. If not, I may go insane…. Heh heh heh. Time for work I guess. I predict my next relaxation period to be in about, oh, thirty to thirty-six hours.

OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 pm

<Inferno's Light>

<Chief Operator's Office, Gamma Section, USS Malinche, Day 15, 0930>

Personal Log ON:

I must be out of it today. I mean I'm barely making it. It's been about three and a half hours since my shift started and I feel like shit, literally. I need to go to sickbay or something. Massive headache, sour stomach, and a bad taste in my mouth. I can't afford to get sick! I'm never sick. This is just wrong. I've got a lot to do here. I'm not leaving my post, I don't care if it kills me. The only way I'm leaving is if Masterson tells me to go to sickbay. Even then, I'll still put up a good fight not to leave, but I know that in the end, I'll be forced to leave. I'm not one to be insubordinate, but I have been known to duck under some orders. Now in the meantime, I have to stay strong and look like I'm healthy or it's off to get well in sickbay. I think I can pull it off... I don't think I can, I know I can.

Okay, back to work. Here goes nothing....

OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:00 pm

<Putting The Pieces Together>

<Davis' Quarters, USS Malinche, Day 10, 1030>

Personal Log ON:

I'm seriously beat. I mean just downright beat! Twelve straight days of repairs, only fourteen hours of sleep, and certain components for the main power supply that are becoming a pain in the backside have just made me one cranky Ensign. I have done all that I could within my power and think it's time for a break. I swear I will go bonkers if I see anything dealing with shields, weapons, power supplies, or anything! I love working, but when you've about shocked the crud out of yourself about a dozen times, I think it's time to quit and go away for a while. Not to mention that my mind was hardly on the repairs due to the passing of my Talia.

Talia died a week before docking here from a heart ailment. An ailment that she never told me about, but I understand her reason for not telling me. She probably thought that I would leave her to suffer. No, I wouldn't do such a thing. I received the news just as we came here. I hid my true feelings, but it was killing me on the inside. I'm still taking the death of my girlfriend pretty hard, but she would want me to move on. She was the best... but I'm not going to let her down. I contacted her parents after we arrived here at Starbase 422. They gave me a big boost of moral and told me to keep doing what I do best. I'll never forget those wonderful people.

But, back on the subject of R and R, I got to get out of here before I go insane. I deserve this and I'm going to do it. I think that's what everyone else is doing. Haha, maybe I can finally go grab a drink. You know, that's sounds like a good idea. I guess I'll get changed into civilian clothes and see what this base has to offer. Hopefully the food is good and I'm praying that I don't get reprimanded for being out. Like I said, I did what I could as far as repairs are concerned. Maybe after a good long break, I'll do some final checks and other repairs where needed. Other than that, farewell ship for at least today. I'm taking a long, overdue rest.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

<Putting The Pieces Together>

<Davis' Quarters, USS Malinche, Day 10, 1500>

Personal Log ON:

Now that's what I call one hell of a climb. I managed to kill two birds with one stone today as well. I got my long overdue exercise in and I taught a fellow crew member the fundamentals of rock and/or cliff climbing. Lieutenant Zeral was amazing. She caught on pretty fast and in no time was keeping up with me. I'd have to say the next time she does this, she might even wind up beating me to the top. *light chuckle* It was a shame though that her friend was unable to make an appearance. She looked a little upset and maybe annoyed at the fact that she never showed. But, I was glad I was able to help her. Helping others is what I love to do. It builds confidence, self-esteem, and in some instances it can boost morale. Heh, I would love to show her how to descend from the top back to ground level. That's no easy task.

Now on the subject of my counseling appointment that I really need to keep. I asked Zeral if she could help me if time permitted. It's one thing to actually get out of the ship and try to keep thought of my darling Talia's death from ripping me in half. But now, since I'm back on the ship and about ready to return to my duties, I can't afford to get sidetracked and mess something up that could cost me my job and possibly my career in StarFleet. Hopefully she'll be able to help me out. In the event that she can't be reached, she told me that one of the other counseling officers could lend me a hand which is cool with me as well. I really have to get this done or I'm going to lose my mind. *deep sigh* Okay, enough talk, I'm going to rest up a bit and then go see what's been going on since I left.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:03 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<Operations Office, USS Malinche, Day 1, 1130>

Personal Log ON:

What exactly happened while leaving the Starbase is beyond me. I heard from the captain that the warp drives failed. I find that very strange because when I came back from my climbing expedition with Lieutenant Commander Zeral, I personally helped Engineering with the repairs to the drives. With those said repairs, those warp systems looked nearly brand new. A big thanks to Engineering on a job well done. Too bad, our efforts were wasted and now I'm scrambling around trying to figure out what went wrong, why it went wrong, and most importantly how it went wrong. The drives have since been re-done. I'm just going over these read outs to see if I can find a clue. *sigh* I just love a good game of sabotage to start off the day and no, I don't want to play anymore. I better not find out who did it. I might give them a good tongue lashing and maybe a couple beatings. *laughs a little* Okay, maybe a tongue lashing without any physical confrontation.

On a lighter note, I'm happy to say that my Assistant title was replaced with the title of "Acting" as per orders from the awesome captain. I've been aboard the Malinche for a little over a year and she told me I was getting better and to keep up the good work. Possible promotion? Maybe. Just have to wait and see. Tootles!

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:12 pm

<Another Voyage Home>

<Operations Office, USS Malinche, Day 1, 1345>

Personal Log ON:

This is going to be a long day. I'm extremely tired and I basically gave Captain Kersare a reason not to send me to Sickbay. I fell over in my chair and my head hit the ground pretty hard. I told her I was fine. I feel fine. Well enough to work if you ask me. Unfortunately, my reasons were not good enough and now by order of the captain, I have to go get checked out. Damn my luck. As soon as I get out, I should see if I can make any progress of gathering intel before I go looking for Lieutenant N'Rass, or if she finds me first. Any information I find or we, as in the lieutenant and myself, find has to be reported immediately to Security so that they can do their business.*sigh* I hope I didn't worry the guys over the work area. I did yell pretty loud. I'm guessing a little too loud since some of the members of my department are still monitoring me from afar. Maybe the captain asked a few crewmembers to keep an eye on me. No need to worry, guys, I'll be just fine.

Anyways, I'm going to guess that the person or persons responsible for making my day a living hell is still onboard. They better be onboard so that way I can give them a death glare and a nice friendly hand gesture. After this is all over, I'm going to bed for a very long time. I just need to find someone to take over for me. I'll have a look at the shift bios and see who fits best.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<USS Malinche, Davis' Quarters, Day 1, 1800>

Personal Log ON:

I just realized that I take too many risks in life. I'm up longer than most people, I tend to put myself in harm's way in most situations, and I'm very stubborn and refuse to take orders from superiors even though those orders are intended to look after my well-being. The doctor said I would be fine, a good sign nonetheless. But, I don't know if I made a huge mistake in putting Ensign Barin Nostra (NPC) and Warrant Officer Third Class Mara Sorenski (NPC) in charge while I make an attempt to get some sleep. I guess I'll find out in about eight hours or if I get called back in. Their records clearly show, in my eyes anyways, that they have the tools and the intelligence to be great leaders one day. I just hope I'm right and this doesn't come back to haunt me.

As for this investigation, will it ever end? I hope so. Chief Petty Officer Devon Harmon, the Chief of the Boat and Master-at-Arms, had some interesting questions for me regarding one of the crew from my department. I was truthful in every aspect and I truthfully gave Mr. Thomas (NPC) a good word. I doubt he had anything to do with the sabotage. He was, in my opinion, in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope justice has it's way with whoever did it. I'm tired and need sleep.

By the way, when I wake up I need to see why one of the holodecks is losing power when it's in use. I may have rerouted some power to the wrong place. Oh well, I'll get it when I wake up.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<Davis' Quarters, USS Malinche, Day 2, 1300>

Personal Log ON:

Looks like I get to attend my first meeting with the senior officers. Even though technically I'm not a senior officer, I am the "Interim" head of the Operations department. I never though I'd make it this far. Operations is a little similar with Engineering with some minor differences. Both are needed to keep the ship running, but I think Engineering does most of the repairs. But, since I started out in that department, I help out as much as possible. It takes a team to keep this vessel afloat, not just a single person. I should thank the captain for giving me this chance. Hopefully, she has let the whole sickbay incident go. At least I tried, right?

Speaking of sickbay and all things related, my eight hour rest really helped with my slight concussion. Doctor Setak is really good at his job. I followed his orders right down to the last word and I feel great. When I returned to the Operations department, I felt more energetic and I think some of the staff noticed to. It's always a good thing to be in tip-top shape and not suffering from any ailments. Even the captain said that she needed her senior staff to be in great shape during this ongoing investigation and the shakedown. Word of advice to myself: When the captain says to go to sickbay, just do it. Do not argue.

I also found out why that one holodeck was inoperable. There was a short in the main power supply. I knew I rerouted power away from it for a reason. I guess I completely forgot about it when word got out about the ship being compromised. I'll just hope and pray I didn't upset anyone wanting to use it. If I did, I'll send a formal apology to anyone and everyone.

Other than that, I got to get ready for this meeting. Peace out.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 pm

<Another Voyage Home>

<Operations Office, USS Malinche, Day -1 Revised Timeline, 2315>

Personal Log ON:

I just sent a message to Captain Kersare about what I did to help keep things safe for my department. I changed the the protocol to alert me via my PADD instead of the standard logging procedure. The events will still be logged as such. But, in order to continue with any changes, I now have to give authorization before the changes can be made. That's one of the reasons why I'm back in my office instead of resting. I figured that my place is here while any repairs are going on. I did make sure to okay any work going on at the moment. It took me about two hours to change every single command line. I guess I can thank my advanced computer skills for knowing how to change those. My fingers hurt like hell after typing all that. I might go see the doctor to make sure I'm not developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

Speaking of the awesomeness that is Captain Kersare, her request to take extra steps to boost security has got me scratching my head. I'm beginning to wonder if she received any information about our next mission and she was told to stay quiet about it. I don't see an issue with having extra security, I mean, it's better to have the extra boost than no security at all. But, I'm beginning to wonder if our next mission is going to deal with something or someone doing some serious damage to our systems. I know that the captain means well and tries to keep her crew out of harm's way, but I'm beginning to wonder why she hasn't disclosed any information on it. I don't know, I'll just do what I'm asked and help where I can. I hope all will be revealed soon.

Another big thing is maybe adding some extra people. A little teamwork would never hurt anyone.

OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A