Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Davis
Senior Staff

Re: Davis, James

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:41 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<Operations Office, USS Malinche, Day 0 Revised Timeline, 1000>

Personal Log ON:

It's finally over. I can now let my past go and move on with my life without any depressing memories. I give all my thanks to Lieutenant Commander Nora Zeral, our esteemed Executive Officer. She gave me some really good advice and some good methods on how I can cope with the loss of my love, Talia, without it hindering my performance. Though she is not the Chief Counselor anymore, she was kind enough to help. I guess you can say that Nora and I are equal. I helped her with the cliff climbing and she returned the favor. A big thanks once again to her.

I think that helped give me some well-needed energy, too. Even though I haven't slept in the past twenty-four hours, I'm feeling rather relaxed and feel like I can go about another eighteen hours before I decide to take a nap. With these repairs and everything going on, I know that I'm not going to get a whole lot of sleep. Plus, not to mention, with the new security procedures being implemented, I'm not feeling comfortable with the idea of sleep. I didn't bother to ask Nora about why Captain Kersare wanted these new steps taken. I felt that it was not my place to ask and just did what I thought was necessary. I'm still hoping the captain didn't mind me manipulating the computers a bit.

Oh well, that's all from here. Time to go check on my guys and see if everything is going smooth. First off though, coffee, I need coffee.

Personal Log OFF:
Lieutenant JG James Walker Davis
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:17 pm

<Another Yoyage Home>

<Davis' Quarters, USS Malinche, Day 0 Revised Time, 1100>

Personal Log ON:

So far, everything is running smooth. A lot of my fellow crewmates aren't too happy with the additional steps needed to make any changes. Hey, I did what I had to do to help with adding some extra security to the systems. It's what the captain needed us to do and I am only following orders. Such is the life of a StarFleet officer I suppose. You have those who like their job and those who don't. I'm one of the "I like my job" kind of people. Keeping the ship in one piece is part of my job and I will do anything necessary to keep it that way. Just as long as I don’t get in trouble in the process, of course.

I figured I would also give an update on my mental health. So far, so good. I'm still having some lingering thoughts but, overall, I'm doing a very nice job coping with the loss better. I feel that I can now concentrate on my work without Talia's death hindering my performance. Thank you again, Lieutenant Commander Zeral. You have helped me a lot.

Okay, back to work. I have a strange feeling that this is going to be a weird day.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

OFF: This takes place after the saboteur was apprehended

<Another Voyage Home>

<USS Malinche, Davis' Quarters, Revised Timeline Day 0, 1230>

Personal Log ON:

What a day this has turned out to be. Non-stop from late this morning until about now. Damn saboteur tried to destroy the warp core with a phaser blast and God only knows what else he was up to. Not to mention, he attacked a good friend and fellow crewmate L'Randil. I'm glad I acted quick and kept my composure when subduing the little creep. I really wanted to hurt the guy, but my instincts told me not to let my feelings get the best of me as there were younger members in the Engineering department at the time. I needed to set a good example and do things by the book and not how I want to do it. I want myself to be a good role model. Never know, I might become a member of the command staff after a few years and I would like others to see me as a good member.

I am glad, however, that we as a team were able to stop him from doing heavy damage. Now, things have settled down a little bit. But, there is still prosecuting to be done. I need to make sure I'm there for every minute. This is going to be a long process. Once Starfleet takes him in, he'll be out of our hands and in custody. But, I really hope he gets what he deserves.

As for right now, the adrenaline is still pumping in my veins. I need some time to calm my nerves and get my focus back. I think a Holodeck session is in order. This will also make for a good time to brush up on my drawing skills. It's been a while since I made a drawing. I need to add to my already huge collection.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Another Voyage Home

ON: <USS Malinche, Operations Office, Day 0 RT, 1345>

Paperwork... I hate paperwork! Will this day ever end? I'm hoping it will end soon. But, the captain's going to need a damage report and what ever events I saw through my eyes. Plus, with the normal repairs done, life aboard this lovely ship has returned to it's crazy, yet normal, ways. No more saboteur, no more damage, just me and the two ton stack of papers. Okay, maybe not that much. But, it's still a lot to get done. Luckily, I'm not needed on the bridge yet. With that being said, once I get all of this done, I think a big meal is in order. I haven't had a decent meal in a long time. I’m thinking a big ol’ steak, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Damn, I miss Mom’s cooking.

I've noticed that a lot of new members have joined our little band of misfits. I'm looking forward to working with these new additions.I hear we have a new Flight Control Officer, new Counselor, and even a new Science Chief among others. I also heard that one of the new members was a crew member of the ship before my time aboard. This is going to be a great experience to say the least. I'll have to make an appointment with our new Counselor so I can quit bugging the XO. I'm sure Zeral has more important things on her agenda. I'm still thankful for her help.

Okay, this isn't getting work done. Oi Vey! Hopefully, what ever mission we go on next doesn't involve action. A peaceful mission would be more better.
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:13 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<USS Malinche, Davis' Quarters, Day 5, 1330>

Personal Log ON:

Dehydration? Really? Never in my life have I ever been dehydrated. I have been drinking a lot of coffee and not a single drop of water here of late. Maybe I should start drinking the so-called eight cups of water that is the standard for a human body. But it's so bland and disgusting though. I like my coffee. Add some sugar and cream and "boom!" You have nature's, well space nature's, alertness tonic. Okay yes I did say space nature's, I'm a little wound up from being healthy again. I've never felt better. I could bench press an old automobile, okay maybe not that much, hee hee. Anyways, I'm healthier and ready to return to work.

I received word that three teams were sent down to keep things normal. I really do hope the Romulans don't do anything crazy. I don't think anyone wants a space war in the 20th century... and I really wanted to go down with one of the teams. I'm missing all the fun of 20th century Earth. It would have been very cool to see with my own eyes what the planet looked like on the surface during that time. I bet everything is completely different and technologically undeveloped compared to our normal timeline. I guess I'll have to suffice to seeing Earth from my console here on the ship.

Speaking of consoles, I need to report to Lieutenant Masterson now. I'm ready to roll and I'm sure I could be of great help to the crew here. Until next time, ladies and gentleman. I'm out of here. Carry on!!!

OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 am

<Another Voyage Home>

<USS Malinche, Operations Office, Day 5, 1700>

Personal Log ON:

As I stated in my last report, three teams were assembled and then sent down to Earth to make sure that everything went smoothly for Kirk and his team. I'm up here getting ready to finalize the roster for the upcoming repairs and any ongoing repairs my department and I can help with. I was even told that there were some time warp calculations going on over in the Science department. I think I'll send Trevor over there to help with those. That'll keep him occupied for a while until everyone gets back and we can head home or, to be politically correct, back to our own time.

Speaking of Trevor... He's a good kid, I'll give him that. He's strong-willed, intelligent, and a very steady learner. I knew after I left the Academy that he would become an Ops officer for any ship. It's a shame, though, that he had to wait a while before coming here. I know I had it rough while I was aboard the Skylark. I guess I could say that me and Trevor got lucky to be aboard the best ship in the Fleet. That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are others out their on their own ships say that they are on the best ship. Opinions are like.... I'll just stop there. But, I think that Trevor has a bright future here on the Malinche. If he keeps this up, I might have him promoted to be my assistant... He has a long way to go before that happens though. I've got a couple other members who are slightly more qualified right now. Though I'm not going to review anyone until after the mission or maybe after the next mission. I love being a boss hee hee hee.

Okay, playtime's over with. I have to find Trevor and let him know what his assignment will be. I hope everything I taught him will help. I'm not just a boss, I'm a teacher as well. I have no issues teaching skills to those who want them. There's no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in "I need to get things done!" I'm out!

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Davis
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 pm

<Answers>

<USS Malinche, Davis' Quarters, 1630, Day 7>

Personal Log ON:

It feels good to be back home in our own time. I don't know why I felt so uncomfortable being in the twentieth century. Maybe because it was just strange to me.... I don't know. I'm just glad to be back. That mission was by far the mist difficult mission in my tenure here. But as always, we got the job done and finally can have some peace and quiet. Well, some of us anyway.

I heard recently that Trevor did a very spectacular job with the power allocations down in Science. Hopefully whatever their issue was is now resolved. I currently have him running the Ops department for the time being while I go relax myself. I was going to go visit the folks, but they are currently off the planet at some resort planet. Heh heh, hope they're having fun. I've done a lot of the repairs on the sensor arrays and some of the consoles in Engineering since about half were fried from an overload in the main memory units. What caused it I have no clue. I'll have to check some of the error codes in my reports. Maybe I can narrow it down to just a couple possibilities and fix it. But I'll get to those after I get back from enjoying some time away.

Now I must go report to Captain Kersare. I'm sure she is wondering about the progress of the repairs. I shouldn't keep her waiting too long.

Personal Log OFF
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A