Hansen, Sean

Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Hansen
Senior Staff

Hansen, Sean

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

[[Be Wary of Your Friends - Station Day 01, 2200 hours]]

Chief Operations Officer's personal log.

It's been a long day. I finally made it to my new assignment, the USS Malinche, and let me say that it is one powerful ship. Put aside the Multi-Vector Assault Mode, the Malinche has enough fire power to take on a small fleet. I am quite pleased with this assignment.

The Captain, a woman by the name of Isabel Kersare, seems to be competent in her position, though I don't know how she will stand up to some of my previous commanding officers. I look forward to seeing how far we can get in this position.

I also met with the previous Chief Operations Officer, now the Chief Systems Manager. He seemed surprisingly accepting of his transfer to a non-department head position. What's even more surprising about it is that he is obviously a very competent officer, so if he isn't suspicious about it I'm surprised the Captain isn't. In any case, I'll have to watch my back for a while until everyone here gets used to me and become convinced that I'm not out to get anyone.

Computer, end log. Encryption Hansen 7-9-2 gamma.
Lt. Sean Hansen
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche

Hansen
Senior Staff

Re: Hansen, Sean

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm

[[Be Wary of Your Friends - Station Day 04, 1600 hours]]

Chief Operations Officer's personal log.

Ten years. It's been ten years since I last participated in an official battle on board a starfleet ship. Preparing to fight the Elyshans has reminded me of the Dominion war, of Captain Maxwell on the Phoenix, and Captain Jennings on the Benevolent. Two very capable commanders, but two very different points of view on how to conduct a battle. I suppose that that's a good thing. The more view points there are, the less likely we are to foul it up. The thing I'm worried about though is that this Captain, Captain Kersare, doesn't seem to have the battle instinct that Maxwell and in a smaller part Jennings had.

Having a vessel that splits into three parts probably isn't helping things much. I mean, sure, we can tackle the same ship from three different directions, but in my experience it's hard enough for an unexperienced commander to command one ship into battle, let alone three.

I guess it's just one of those things that we'll just have to wait and see what happens. With any luck, we'll be able to squeeze through without a battle. From what I can tell, it is far from the best interest of the Federation to engage in full out war with these people.

As long as no one botches up like they did last time, we should be able to get the Elyshans to play nice.

Computer, End Log... and open a channel to station X-3101...
Lt. Sean Hansen
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche

Hansen
Senior Staff

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

[[Be Wary of Your Friends - Station Day 04, 1715 hours]]

Chief Operations Officer's Official Log

Between Lieutenant Commander Peters, the Malinche's chief engineer, and myself, we have successfully increased our ability to defend against the Elyshans weapons... at least in theory. We were able to make modifications that, when run through simulations, have given us some help with dealing with the subspace nature of the weapons. Whether or not they will actually have any effect or not... we'll just have to see when we get there.

The beta and gamma sections of the ship should be fine, but it's alpha section that I'm worried about. We had to MacGyver a system to translate the impact energy of the Elyshan weapons through the ships power grid and into back into the shields. I'm not sure if it'll work properly, and even if it does, we'll likely blow a good chunk of the eps relays.

In any event, the next few hours are bound to be some of the more interesting since I came on board.

End Log
Lt. Sean Hansen
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche

Hansen
Senior Staff

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 pm

[[The Waiting Game, Day 1, 1650 hours]]

After the *fun* of dealing with those Elyshan scum, I've finally gotten time to fulfill my mission for the corporation. It's not as though it's that difficult compared to things I did during the war, but I couldn't get off the ship while everyone in the system had their shields and weapons powered. Of course now I have to make sure I get it and get it on a transport by tomorrow morning so it'll reach the target on time, but being this close to a starbase shouldn't make it too hard.

I get the feeling that, if there's someone on board that will question my activities, it'll be this Chief Engineer, Commander Peters. He's definitely not as oblivious as others have been and being the Chief Engineer he's the most likely to notice my transporter activity. Oh well, I'll just have to take a few extra precautions to avoid being caught.

Maybe I should contact Bohemian after I get the object and see if he thinks Peters is worth recruiting. We could certainly use more people out here. We'll see though... he may not be willing to and then we'd have to do something about that, which could get complicated.

Anyway, I had best get things set for tonight. Computer, end log. Encrypt for my eyes only.
Lt. Sean Hansen
Chief Operations Officer
USS Malinche