Kai, Brianna

Personal log reflections regarding events during missions or shoreleave

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kai
Junior Staff

Kai, Brianna

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 am

[Mission 19 – Another Voyage Home]

[[SS Feldenost, Guest Quarters, Revised Timeline – USS Malinche Revised Timeline Mission Day -1, 2315]]

ON:
This is just great! First, I loose all the finances I have to a greedy frigate captain for passage to Starbase 422. Second, the imbecile has unresolved issues with some Ferengi traders. Which in turn, has delayed our arrival at the station while they argue over payment and who has the best weapons. And finally, I haven’t slept well since I got onboard this hunk of junk. What a mess! Now I will most likely miss the Malinche and have to find a way to her that doesn’t involve buying passage. You know, I think the next time, I’ll just try to find a Starfleet ship that’s at least headed in the general direction.

Whew. I can’t believe how hard it is just to get from one ship to another. You would think that someone in Logistics would come up with a better way to transport personnel from one assignment to the next. But I guess they have more important things to think about. Especially with the mess in the Romulan Star Empire. Quadrant politics have changed a lot in the past hundred and seventy-five years. But in the last few, the changes have seemed to be drastic. It’s times like this that I’m so glad I’m not a diplomat. Or in the diplomatic corp for that matter.

Ohhh…ugh…. These guest quarters are really lacking in comfortable beds. Ugh. Anyway, I hope this assignment is better than my last one. Don’t get me wrong. I liked the USS Pleiades, but it was a Nova class ship. It seemed all we did was research, research, research, and more research. I’m kind of glad that we had all those crazy malfunctions. It gave me a really good reason to put in for a transfer. I can’t wait to do science on a combat vessel. It should be great.

You know, thinking about, and talking about something other than my current situation has been rather calming. Oh, if only I had my fish and music with me. Then I probably wouldn’t be so…oh what’s the word…so…uncomfortable! That’s it…uncomfortable! Computer, end personal log.

OFF:
Ensign Brianna Kai
Assistant Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kai
Junior Staff

Re: Kai, Brianna

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 pm

<Mission 19 – Another Voyage Home>

<<USS Malinche, Kai’s Quarters, Revised Timeline – Day 1, 0645>>

ON:

Begin Ensign Kai’s personal log. Oooohhhh, I cannot believe my luck! I meet a cute guy last night and it turns out he’s got some baggage. I won’t get into it all, but this was one of the many times that I was glad I’m joined. Kerrie Kai’s memories really helped out. But…I don’t know. I’ve accepted his invitation to dinner tonight, so I might give him a second chance. I mean, there’s nothing that says we can’t be friends…or even close friends for that matter. Besides, I’m not married and from the way he talked, he’s not either. Maybe I’m being naïve, maybe I’m being too trusting, but I want to give the guy a second chance. And maybe a chance to explain himself. Who knows what will happen. I will just go in a little more cautious than normal.

Well, I’ve gotten to meet Captain Kersare and Lieutenant Thundera, the Chief Science Officer. They both seem like really nice ladies. I don’t know if the Lieutenant does anything off duty or not, but I think it would be nice to see her then. Maybe get to know her a little. If she does that kind of thing, I mean. But my initial meeting up with the Captain was off-duty. It was nice. She even asked about my hobbies. So I then started going on and on about painting. I have a pretty good feeling that I did more rambling than anything. But I also learned some of her hobbies. Honestly, I’ve never met such a personable Commanding Officer before. It’s refreshing. My last CO was extremely by-the-book. I’d swear, that man must have had Starfleet’s General Orders stitched into his sheets by his mother. Heh, anyway…

I’m looking forward to work, though. It'll be a nice change of pace. I’ll be heading to science labs pretty soon to get everything together and make sure the morning turn-over between shifts went well. I might check on some of the experiments to see how they’re progressing. Anyway, time to head out. End Ensign Kai’s personal log.

OFF:
Ensign Brianna Kai
Assistant Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A