Blood and Iron

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:23 pm

< Starbase Docking bay, 1249, Day 2>

Lynn snapped her forefinger and thumb together to pass the time and break the monotony. The slow rythmic ticking sound seemed to calm her nerves.

"Some times I wonder what it is I'm doing up in that sick bay" the red head mused, pursing her lips for a moment. " I'd much rather be down here with the ships..."

Lynn stared lovingly at the ship closest to her. It was a Galaxy class ship, and a beauty at that. She traced over the hull with her eyes, noted the sleek look of it and began to imagine what it would be like to crawl around in the metal framed ducts, linned with wires and piping. Her mind drifted to what the warp coils must look like, after all it had been years since she had seen the real insides of any ship.

" I wonder if there is matinence being done... Maybe a few tests of the systems and they'll be all done" she sighed and continued to stare, green eyes connecting with the secondary hull now, envisioning where the main engineering room was. There was no real reason as to why Lynn coulcn't have simply gone and explored her own ship, maybe spoken with a few of the engineers. She just simply didn't see it happening any time soon. After all a doctors place was in the medical bay of the ship.

The young woman shook back her hair, making sure it wasn't caught on her collar and lingered for a second longer. "Better be getting back to the ship now..."

There was a twinge of regret in her voice, clearly Lynn had no desire to go about her duties at the moment. It was far more enjoyable to stand there staring at those who worked on the ships.

Moving backwards so that she could keep looking, Lynn began on her way back to the Malinche.
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 pm

<Detention Facilty. Starbase 259, 2033, Day 1>

Mason was going over some of the preliminary reports from the computer. He himself was feeling a bit lax for energy for the upcoming day. He was looking forward to sending some letters home and hanging up some of the paintings he and kersare had bought earlier.

It occurred to him that he had not made a log entry in sometime and that command would frown on such lax as first officer. So he made a note of it in his padd and walked onto the nearby caf? for a nice cup of tea and cake just until he caught up with Kersare.

[Moments Later]

Having been filled with tea cakes, Mason let out a soft breath grabbing his padd and heading towards the lift. ?Computer, locate Captain Kersare for me please.? =/\=Captain Kersare is located in the Detention Facilty=/\= replied the computer.

?Take me there.? said Mason as the lift came to life. Walking threw the doors he saw Kersare and Jaran sitting down. ?Captain the computer told me you were here....? said Mason not believing what he was seeing.

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:02 pm

<Cheif Science and Second Officer's Log>

Having to cut my R&R short due to the agonising demand for the holodecks, I've returned to my quarters for two reasons:

Primarily, I'm refreshing myself on my first term of command in whcih Abubakar is being courtmartialled for bright and early tomorrow morning. Not only do I want to accurately account for the actions of the time, but I may advertantly need to defend myself should the question of my quality as an officer become raised. Abubakar may be the opening target and reason for the courtmartial, but its clearly well known that Starfleet courtmartial hearings can turn around to more officers than just one. Former co-workers have told me a tale of two about various 'nasty' events that have transpired.

Second, I've settled down to reading up to my new role as Second Officer. During the Alpha shift, where all senior officers are on duty, I retain my rather simple and almost chore-like role as the ship's science officer in the little confines that make up the science lab. It's during the Beta Shift that I change roles, heading to the bridge to relieve the captain and become the second officer. Most of the Beta shift is manned by the very same officers I served with during my command in the last mission. Lieutenant Summers at Opts, and Ensign C'eltor in Engineering among those I'll become more familiar with over time. This all not to mention that I'll be also the one to resume command of the ship with both the CO and XO are offship, or that I may be called upon to fill the role of XO if the Commander Hunt is offship, or that I may be have to act as the ship's representative on an away mission should the captain decide not to send Hunt or herself down to a planet for various legitimate reasons.

They're big shoes to fill in this new combined role. Not to mention that my spare time may become a lot less for my benefit soon enough...

Eng Log
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:34 pm

<<Outside Lansky's Quarters, 1045, Day 2>>

Straightening her uniform, Isabel took a deep breath before ringing the door chime to Michael's (NPC) room. She hadn't spoken with him in quite some time, and the present circumstances weren't optimal anyway. Nonetheless, he was an old friend and a guest on her ship.

"Enter," a man's voice replied to the chiime.

Isabel smiled, walking through the door, "Captain Lansky, good morning."

"Good morning to you too, Ms. Kersare. When did we get so formal?" He grinned at her.

"After a few years on the job?" Isabel replied. "How are you doing, Michael?"

He sighed, taking a seat in one of the chairs and offering another to her. "Considering the fact that my ship is still missing, along with most of my crew, I suppose I'm doing alright. It's not the most pleasant situation I could've thought up."

She nodded, "I have to agree. What happened? StarFleet gave me little to go on, just that there was an away team on the surface and the Sirion had 'disappeared' somehow..."

"Isabel, If I knew that, I would've told StarFleet by now. I was on the away team, as you know, so my understanding of what happened to my ship is probably even worse off than yours," Michael admitted. "We were doing our initial scans when we first lost contact with the Sirion. Shortly after that, we were scanning around that odd warehouse when all hell broke loose. Weirdest experience I've ever had, I believe."

"From what I've heard from my officers about it, I can believe it. Can't say I've seen anything like it, though the experience with the Direidi Court was certainly...odd," Isabel mused.

Michael laughed, "Yes, I heard rumors about that. And something about pie?"

"Yes, well...there certainly was that," Isabel said, smiling. "Did you find anything unusual on Direidi?"

"Nothing noteworthy scientifically. Some of the signals we were picking up on were the Direidi's creation - to lure us to the warehouse," he commented.

Isabel nodded, "We thought that was probably the case. Any theories as to what happened to the Sirion?"

Michael's face grew grim, "From the reports I've read from your ship, I have to assume she was attacked by Borg. Other than that is anyone's guess..."

Sitting quietly a few moments, watching Michael, Isabel finally replied, "That's what I'm concerned about. And I'm wondering what StarFleet will do about it."

"If you go after her, I want to be here as well," Michael replied.

From the serious look in his eyes, which Isabel had seen several times before, Isabe knew he was completely serious, "I understand. I've not received the next orders for Mali yet, but if going after the Sirion is our mission, I'll be sure you're included. If not, I'll do what I can."

"Thank you, Isabel. I'm glad they sent you after me," he said with a somewhat somber grin.

"I couldn't just let you disappear, now could I?" She smiled at him, then stood up, "I need to be going for now, but please let me or my Yeoman know."

Michael nodded, "I shall. Goodbye Isabel."

With a final look at Michael, Isabel turned and left his quarters. She hoped she could give him the answers he wanted, though part of her dreaded what may be on the path ahead of her if she did...
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:36 pm

<<Sickbay, 1220, MD02>>

Jack had finally gone his separate ways from the diplomat, it had certainly been an interesting brunch but towards the end his shoulder had began aching again so now he was back on board he set a course for sickbay, he still owed Dr Fairbairn a report on what happened with Jaran after all. The doors slide open as he approached, revealing the light, spacious and state of the art sickbay, glanced around the room, spotting the good doctor in the corner and wandered over. ?Doc!?

Reading the diagnostic report that was based on Jaran's current condition, Cameron spun round in surprise - but with a welcome smile - as Lieutenant Hawkins walked through. "Jack, good to see you." He smiled and popped the PaDD down on a nearby biobed. "Did you find out what you needed to know." He cursed himself inwardly for being so clich? but at the same time he had an urge of curiosity.

?Wasting no time doc?? Jack said, ?I found out that I really don?t enjoy getting my shoulder forced out of its socket? Which, by the way, is kinda why I?m here, still be sore ever since, think you can take a look at it??

"Sure thing." The Doctor pointed to the biobed he had been monitoring. "Take a seat." And with one practiced, quick movement he opened his medical tricorder and activated the scanner. "We've moved Jaran - he's here on the Malinche. Sedated in the intensive care section next door of course but nonetheless in bad shape."

Jack sat very still while the Doctor ran the scanner over his shoulder, ?I was fairly out of it last night when they were treating us but he seemed in pretty bad shape, and for the record, he kicked my ass before I could land a punch."

"That's the kind of guy he is." The doctor murmured whilst scanning. "I hope you learned that the two of you are quite different...regardless of future circumstance."

?Maybe, but I still see something in his eyes, something I see in my own, a potential he realized, and Doc, it terrifies him, what he?s been, what he is, what he will be?.?

Having magnified onto the bone structure in Hawkins shoulder, the Doctor closed his tricorder and looked up at the young officer. "He's less than what we make of him - and I think that is the thing that makes him so volatile and eruptive." With a sigh he popped his instruments back into his pocket. "You, on the other hand, reel with a disapproval of everything that isn't in your favour. That's a good way to be. You know when to judge and when not - your issue is that you were close to the brink. You know why?"

?Do I know why I was close??

No...that's not what I meant - but I have to say THAT intrigues me."

?The uniform Doc, it?s the price you pay to wear the grey?.and that wasn?t meant to sound like a poem, but there are certainly elements of the Intelligence community that are far to willing to sacrifice their souls and other peoples for the what they perceive as the common good."

Cameron felt a bubble of frustration rise within him and he sighed irritably. "You know everybody hates intelligence officers, right? That's because they're arrogant, self-important, self-placing and too sure of themselves. You're not like that."

?Doc, I hate intelligence officers? Jack said, sliding off the biobed, ?And I?m one of them? You deal with all that shit in the hope that you get to make a difference, that you can save one life, make one small difference.?

"Hold up." Cameron said. "Your shoulder's suffering some muscle damage, looks like the ligaments are torn - I'm going to give you a muscle relaxant then I want you in a sling for a couple of days."

?You are kidding right?? Jack said really not liking the idea of being restricted in an arm sling for 2 days, ?I?ll go easy on it, just give me the relaxant and something for the pain?

"Not happening, kiddo, your ligaments will stay that way if they're not supported and held together." While he spoke, the Doctor was loading a vial of Asinolyathin into a hypospray. "And believe me that's a painful experience you don't want in the long run."

Jack sighed and gave in, he stood still waiting for the Doctor to treat him, ?Only a couple of days right? Cos I have this big tiddly-winks tournament coming up and this could really ruin my chances??

Cameron laughed, his first one for the day and he felt his mood lighten highly. "You're just going to have to play left handed I'm afraid. Up on the bed, this is going straight to your brain so you'll feel a little woozy for a second or two."

Jack hopped back onto the bed as the Doctor administered the injection to his shoulder, he wasn?t kidding, it felt like the entire room as spinning, causing him to use his hands to steady himself on the bed.

Just relax...let it sink in." Cameron murmured softly as he turned away - putting the hypospray back into the steriliser. He turned back and locked eyes with him. "I have a wee brother just like you. A great officer who pretty much enjoys his duty - but he's lost. He's trying to be a rebel and I get the feeling you're doing the same. You're a good man, and you offer potential my friend but you need to make that final decision on exactly what you want to do - and how you want to do it. Otherwise you're going to corrode and rust away out here."

Jack had to admit he was touched somewhat by the Doctors words, but he was never one to show such a sentiment, ?I?ve never been one for authority Doc, I have no grand plan for what I?m doing, I?m just trying to make a difference, and doing whatever?s necessary to do that, sometimes that clashes with the higher ups, sometimes it doesn?t, but odds are, I?ll do it anyway?

"Like I said, you're a rebel in the making." Cameron grinned. "Just be careful. Don't ruin your chances to REALLY make a difference by pushing into your ambition too hard. It's that streak that'll bring you down. Now, hold still."

The doctor opened up a fresh mapping of material that was a light greyish colour. He unfolded it, refolded it and then looped it carefully around his patients head. With a little struggling and lifting he shaped it into a sling and tied a noose round Jack's neck. "That should hold it in place for a while. Just a couple of days okay? It shouldn't need anymore."

Jack slid of the bed, feeling more steady, ?And then tiddly-winks?? He asked with a wry grin.

"Of course- by the time that's fixed up you should be a reigning champion." Cameron returned the grin then waved his hand. "Now get out, I'm busy and fixing up reckless intelligence officers isn't exactly on the height of my agenda."

Jack looked at the Doctor, ?I?ll have you know I?m reck-full?.? He let the comment hang in the air, a slight look of confusion on Camerons face, the hum of the ship filling the silence before Jack spoke once again, plastering a smile on his face, ?Later Doc, thanks for the help.? He turned, and headed for the door and rest of his day, he stopped in the doorway, speaking without looking back, ?Oh and Doc, keep an eye on that brother of yours?? He left...

Cameron smiled and turned away, he had enjoyed speaking with the intelligence officer - finding his demeanor to be pleasant. Yet his attitude was worrying. Either way Cameron knew he would be offering much more 'brotherly' advice in the future. Something that didn't bother him as much as he would have thought.

JP by:

Lieutenant Jack Hawkins

AND
Doctor (Lt.) Cameron Fairbairn
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 am

ON:

<<USS Malinche-B>>
<Sickbay Biobed, 1225 Hours, Day 2>

Sara awoke to find herself on a biobed, it didn't suprise her after her dramatic enterance to the sickbay. It wasn't like the nurses would ignore a person entering the sickbay only to end up falling right to the floor afterwards unconsious. After all she had made a rather loud thud when she hit the floor. A slight throbbing pain in her head let her know she was still having a problem with the occular implants. Sara also noted that she was restrained to the biobed aswell, probly something to do with what happened after she fell down. None of that actually mattered to her all that mattered was how this happened to her. Something caused her implants to malfuction, did she walk by a damaged conduit? Was there some left over charge in the air of the Shuttlebay from whatever energy weapon it was that damaged the bay? Either one was likely.

She was about to call a nurse over to her, when she noticed the new Assistant Chief Intel Officer walk out of the sickbay with what appeared to be a sling over one of his arms. She would figure out why that was later, once she got out of the sickbay. Getting out of the sickbay wasn't going to be easy after all that happened to put her in it in the first place. She would just have to convince one of the nurses or someone to let her out.
Until then she would just have to hang out in sickbay and listen to everything that was being said, which was something Sara did with great efficency. It was just apart of being what she was, and from the looks of it the nurses were too busy with something else to bother with her anyhow. "Well nothing better to do then wait I guess." Sara thought silently to herself intending to wait patiently till someone noticed she was awake.

OFF: Tag anyone (that will let me out of sickbay :P)
Last edited by Rayne on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:00 pm

<Sickbay, 1225 Hours, Day 2>

A muffled conversation was all that could be head from the bio-bed on which Ensign Rayne lay. That was all that could be committed from the interior of the sickbay office. A male's voice and a lighter female's voice were discussing the events of what had happened although it was clear they were unsure.

"So what exactly happened to her?" The male asked.

"That's the problem - we don't have a clue. She wandered in her, twitching and breathing heavily. Before we could attend to her she had collapsed and moved into paralytic shock." Said the female.

"Did you perform a diagnosis?"

"We tried." Responded the female, quieter showing she had moved round the office a little. "Although it was clear she was unconscious, her twitching continued and she began thrashing...it was quite violent."

"A seizure?"

"No, there was no neural activity. She's containing some kind of electrical implants, borg or not I don't know but I assumed if they were they'd be external. Perhaps she's been modified in some way?"

There was a silence as the male seemed to contemplate this. Either that or he had lowered his voice considerably to hide what he was saying. The female spoke again.

"If I can detemine the cause then I can't exactly treat her. All I could offer was a stimulant - although she's been restrained in case the twitching continues." The voice was high and shrilly, almost irritating.

The male sighed loudly, loud enough to be heard round the sickbay. "Why the hell don't people ever take time OFF during shoreleave? This young woman should be relaxing and taking it easy for a change instead of roaming the ship. What department is she in?"

The female's answer was inaudible. But the male's wasn't.

"Intelligence - again!? Jeezo...we just can't get rid of the buggers." He sounded frustrated. This time the Scots accent was apparent, which would lead anyone to the conclusion that it was Dr. Fairbairn who was talking. And with that, the male exited the office and walked towards the biobed in the primary care section of sickbay. He had a scanner in his hand, but closed it when he realised his patient was awake. That was fairly impressive, considering the Athezanol sedative that had been administered into her system.

"Well, Ms Rayne." Fairbairn said softly, offering a warm smile. "I'd like to know just what in gods name happened to you that brought you to my sickbay." Folding his arms expectantly he cocked an eyebrow down at her.

<TAG: The illustrious Vampirette that is you, Sara :D)
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm

ON:

<<USS Malinche-B>>
<Sickbay, 1230 Hours, Day 2>

Sara laid there quietly listening to a conversation which from the bits she managed to hear coming from the nearby office was about her. "Well thats great not only do they malfunction but they malfunction and the sensor jamming shuts off. Oh well it wasn't like I intended on keeping them a secret much longer." Thought Sara while she listened. She was still drowsy from the sedative that had been administered into her bloodstream, but it was wearing off and probly sooner then it was intended to.

Sara listened up to the last of what was being said about her, and she even thought of acting like she was still asleep but she realised that wasn't going to fool anyone and definatly not the chief medical officer. The man she recognised as Dr. Fairbairn was walking towards her with what appeared to be a medical scanner of somekind though when he realised she was awake the doctor closed it, probly wondering how she could be awake. After a few seconds he finally spoke.

"Well, Ms Rayne." Fairbairn said softly, offering a warm smile. "I'd like to know just what in gods name happened to you that brought you to my sickbay." Folding his arms expectantly he cocked an eyebrow down at her.

"Could have been one of several things. Might have walked past a damaged conduit in one of the hallways, or it could have been from my visit to the shuttlebay awhile ago. To tell you the truth I haven't a clue what it was this time. Though Im sure you understand how it is with us injury prone Intel Officers." Sara said with a grin. She knew that the doctor already had knowledge of her occular implants, but right now she had nothing better to do so why not play a little intel mind game with him.

OFF: Tags Fairbairn
Last edited by Rayne on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensign Sara Rayne

"Beware The Penguins!"

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:13 pm

OFF:
"Could have been one of several things. Might have walked past a damaged conduit in one of the hallways, or it could have been from my visit to the shuttlebay awhile ago. To tell you the truth I haven't a clue what it was this time. Though Im sure you understand how it is with us injury prone Intel Officers." Sara said with a grin. She knew that the doctor already had knowledge of her ocular implants, but right now she had nothing better to do so why not play a little intel mind game with him.
ON:

"Well, what can I say. You intelligence officers are a reckless bunch, and hard to deal with." He smiled and began scanning with his tricorder again. "The nurse claims you were still conscious when you arrived, did you black out during the incident itself or did your condition prompt you to leave?"

<TAG Sara>

(maybe we should do this via e-mail lol)
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:41 pm

<<Mess Hall, 1524 hours, Day 2>>

With so many crewmembers scrambling to get time in the holodecks, the Mess Hall was considerably deserted. Yrel found it to be a good place to sit in quiet to read up on the "official" duties that was Second Officer, as well as a couple other things of interest to past the time. Other than the quaint political discussion about Jaran, everything could be adequately summed up with the word "boring". Hence the demand for the holodecks.

Sure, part of her thought that maybe of all places she should be, the science lab was one of them. But the fact that repairs were still getting underway, and that nothing relavant scientifically was there to be supervised, there really was no point.

'Plus, I'm pretty sure shoreleave is meant to be done away from the jobsight,' she thought, seated confortably in a seat off to the side.

Feeling somewhat tired and stressed Cameron had decided it was time to find some down time. This was shoreleave after all, he didn't HAVE to be working - he simply chose to. He sighed as he entered the ships mess hall only to find an abundance of officers. Apart from maybe one, a teal collared woman with light red hair. She was attractive at first sight but on closer inspection there was more to her beauty than simple physical looks. Even her posture and the way she held the PADD she was reading were giving away faint signs of confidence. And what the Doctor hoped was a welcoming personality. He wandered to a replicator and quietly ordered a milky coffee and before he knew it he stood at the edge of her table. "Afternoon," he said with a smile.

Yrel looked up at the tall full doctor-adorn man.

"Hello to you, too," she smiled. "Doctor Fairbairn I presume?"

Cameron nodded briefly. "Well, I suppose that's one name for me, yep." He grinned for a brief second then gestured to the seat as he balanced his coffee in his right hand. "May I join you, Lieutenant...?" He let it trail to make it clear he wasn't aware of her name or position.

"Sovereign," Yrel answered. "But please call me Yrel, Doctor. There's no need for formality regardless of my position as second officer." Clearly he wasn't familiar with her, so she gave him all the information he needed...it made introductions easier that way.

Cameron nodded, taking the name in and committing it to memory. Unlike him, he found himself taking the seat across from her anyway. "Sorry, I'm still new as you'll know. I haven't had time to check the manifest and with the Malinche in stassis I'm not due to be giving medicals yet." He placed his coffee gently on the table and looked up. "Nevertheless, it's nice to meet you. Although I have to say, I was hoping to have this place to myself." He smiled again, feeling somewhat shy - unusual compared to his usual confident self - but wanted to show he was joking.

Yrel played off the comment, reacting almost too fast for her own good. There was no way for what her mind thought and said in response to not seem like flirting. "Well, I'm sorry I ruined it for you. The good doctor needs to be alone..." Yrel mockingly got up as she saw the reaction on the doctor's part.

Cameron arched an eyebrow, maintaning his smile, but rebounded. "Well - seeing as how you're here ruining my quiet time, I think you owe me an explanation."

"Oh really!" Yrel smile brightly and laughed. "I owe you and explanation? That'll be the day..." she laughed again. "I was just here to enjoy some peace myself, really. I'm reading up on my new position on the ship so that I'm ready for the Mali's next chaotic little adventure. You?"

The Doctor stretched back, folding his hands behind his head and staring with a smile at the wall behind her. "Aaah yes, second officer. That's a big move I have to say - congrats." He grinned then locked eyes with her. "And I am trying to de-stress after my exceedingly busy morning and afternoon concerning over-impulsive and overly unwell people BOTH from the starbase AND the Malinche."

"Maybe you should just pick one place and stay there...less stress that way," Yrel jabbed, smirking while staring down the confident man before her. This was indeed fun for her, and a good way to relax. Sure, there was things she probably should be doing...but this was far more enjoyable. Shoreleave, aferall.

"Oh they'd find me." Cameron sat forward, widening his eyes and pretending to look scared. It was obvious he was joking though. "And they'd demand more treatment...and more advice and more everything. I just can't handle that." With another sigh he slumped back in his chair and smiled staring at her over the brief silence that came between them. "So here we are in the quietest room on the ship. You know why I'm here, now why not tell me why you're here."

"Didn't we go over that already?" Yrel repied, stretching her arms out in such a way to try and see what kind of guy he was. Surely, if he was man-of-man, he'd give a breif stare at her outthrust bust, as quick as it may be. "I'm here to enjoy peace while reading up on my new duties, remember?"

"Ooohhh aye." Cam said, not taking his gaze away from her eyes. After all he was a Doctor - as impressive as her chest may be he didn't need to spend his time staring at it now when he could be intimidating her pale blue eyes. "I'd completely forgotten. I suppose I was far too wapped up in my own stressful day. So, are you all prepared for command?" He meant it genuinely, he really did.

'Good job...' she thought wryly. A gentleman he seemed to be...for now at least.

"Not even close," she smiled again and after a pause laughed again. "Seeing as my first turn in the big chair failed..." She regretted saying it a moment after doing so. A slew of memories of what played out, and was technically still playing out with Jaran suddenly cut through all the fun that the two were having. "...uh...I shouldn't have brought that up."

Not knowing whether or not to pursue it, Cameron settled his facial features meekly and dismissed it. "Not to worry, I've forgotten about it all ready. What matters is that you're prepped this time round."

"That's the hope," Yrel already started to cheer back up. "But I must admit..." she paused for playful dramatic effect. "The captain's chair is really comfortable..." Yrel laughed again.

"That's what they tell me, but it's not for me. I need the uncomfortable hardness of a standard office chair to remind my arse of how much being a starfleet officer bugs me." Cameron grinned cockily again.

"Bugs you? Why? All the good you get to do for other people?" Yrel paused. "Or is it just the chain of command bullshit that drags things down for you as a medical professional?"

"Mmm...I'd go for the latter." Cameron said, nodding to the wall. "But either way I'm just one of these idiots who's terrible at doing what he's told."

"Oh, yeah?" Yrel thought up another mischivious jab. "So if I told you to get me a some hot cocoa, you'd just tell me to forget it, right?"

"Ah, now you stick me with a dilemma there, ma'am, I have to say." Cameron leaned forward on his elbows and raised an eyebrow. "See - I WOULD get you a hot cocoa but not because you're my superior in the chain of command. But because you're a very attractive woman making a request and me being male would just HAVE to follow it through." He grinned his own mischevious reply.

"Excellent," she smiled. "So hop to it. One hot cocoa and some whipped cream...please..."

The doctor laughed but held up his hand before he went. "Ah bu bu bu bu bu...there's a price to pay, though. What with me being male and performing a request through the attraction that I have to you and your - incredible personality. Well it means I get something in return." He smiled. "Be it more flirting, exposure of flesh OR even a kiss. You have to bare that burden."

Yrel sighed. "Now your starting to sound like the furengis that are always trying to get me to head a dabo table everytime I enter a casino 'club'. Except they just simply say my 'incredibly large breasts' instead of the sugarcoated 'incredible personality', which is a nice change, I must admit." She waited until he returned with the desired drink and set it in front of her. "I really don't think you'd want me to get even more flirtacious that this...that's just asking for trouble. I'm not entirely sure you could handle it..."

"I disagree." Cameron said blatantly as he relaxed back in his seat. There was a pause as he removed his medical coat and slung it on the back of the chair, revealing his teal undershirt and to be frank - his own physically kempt body. He was joining in with the showing off. "Though it's been a while since I even bothered to flirt..." He trailed off as he remembered his bust up and finally divorce with Becky, then he perked up and smiled again. "Nobody can outshine a Ba'ku female when it comes to flirting, or looks to be fairly honest with you. In my experience I've learned that. But rarely have you lot been any trouble." He was showing off that he could judge her race by distinguishing her physically.

Yrel couldn't believe where this was already going. She had just met this man, and within such a short time, things were going full speed into...the unknown. She felt really bashful for a short moment, before the adreniline rush of Cameron calling out her challenge was too much too resist. "Well, If you asked for it, you asked for it..."

She stood up, removed the overjacket of her uniform to greater emphasis her bustline, seeing as how that was where things were progressing, walked up closer to Cameron and sat, comfortably in his lap, gazing at him with a smile. "See...isn't this a whole bag of trouble? Having such a woman so temptingly close while in such a large and vacant room?"

Cam tried very hard not to react. There was obvious surprise in his eyes and she was grinning with a sense of victory as he gazed up at her. His hands rested against the curves of her body and he relaxed, feeling comfortable for a moment or two. "Well..." He smiled chancingly. "It's amazing what a mug of cocoa can do for you these days, eh?"

"And being a charming and handsome man has nothing to do with it?" Yrel leaned in closer, feeling as though she was back home with Dyle in their fast passionate relationship more suited for the adolescence.

"Well if I was a charming and handsome man I'm sure I could vouch, but if fetching a cocoa got me this far what could I expect from taking you out to dinner. Or maybe breakfast tomorrow?" He figured he could kiss her right there. Their lips were mere inches apart and a soft kiss would have been easy. And welcome for him. His attraction to this stranger was absured, it wasn't like him to flirt or even to push this far. But he really wanted her, he could practically taste the kiss on his lips.

"Well, I'd image breakfast is out, my dear," she smiled seductively. He wanted her probably as much as she wanted him. This feeling she had now was something she hadn't had in a long time. Blind passion, almost unquenchable except to best of best sexual satisfiers. "But dinner tomorrow, I'm free." Yrel leaned to him, moving off to his side and taking a slow breath onto his neck. "And maybe something a lot more..."

Yrel got up, grabbed her drink, and winked. "Until then, sir. I bid you adue."

He stood up and pretended to tip his hat. "Ah, until then, m'lady...I shall look forward to our next meeting." With a smile on his face he watched her leave, the doors to the mess hall hissing open as her perfectly curved form sashayed through the exit. And then he slumped down in his seat, sighing loudly and with exasperation. The whole moment was so intense he didn't know if he could actually walk with these tight uniformed trousers on. What had happened - how had both of them become so close all of a sudden. He had marked on her beauty and realised who she was quickly and granted he was attracted to her...but as the conversation unfolded he just couldn't stop himself. He'd make sure he would get in touch with her soon. No way was this one getting away. If what was said was meant.

When the mess hall doors closed behind Yrel, there was this screaming side to her that demanded an answer as to why she hadn't pushed it further, brought him to her qaurters and done the deed. It certainly would have ehanced her chances of pregnancy, that was for sure. The answer of course was that she was still not entire a slut, as much as she already fit the picture so far with the other officer. Plus, maybe there was more to gain from taking it this way. More than just a semen donor?

OFF/TBC

JP brought to you by:

Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

and
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:43 am

OFF: Backpost to finish up the discussion Rayne and Fairbairn were having.

ON:

<<USS Malinche-B>>

?Well I left the shuttlebay deck eight and entered a turbolift which I was going to take to deck six so I could visit my quarters and check on a few things. After a minute or so I started having a headache then my vision started blurring. Since that normally doesn?t happen with me I stopped the turbolift and redirected it to this deck and made my way here while the pain got worse along with my vision. Last thing I remember was entering, falling down towards the floor then nothing.? Sara said like she remembered it.

The Doctor read the information on his tricorder, noticing that although there was an electromagnetic energy surrounding her body - she seemed to be in perfect health. He wheeled a chair across the floor and sat down on the bed. "I'm going to remove your restraints, I don't think you need them just now." He sighed and removed them then rubbed his chin. "So right now we have no direct prognosis or cause."

Sara moved a hand to her nose and rubbed it a bit, getting rid of an itch that had been there ever since she woke up. "Well I have had something similar happen to me but I was consious through the whole thing and in a great deal of pain." She said remembering the first time her occular implants malfunctioned. "Still I have no idea what could have caused either of these incidents.

"Hmmmn. How would you feel if I ran some tests? They'll stay between us and your attending." He smiled sympathetically. "I know it's a hassle staying in sickbay but it'll do you a world of good."

"Well I did need to get a shuttlecraft on board and check on my quarters but if what caused this is still in the shuttlebay or on the way from it I guess I would be better off staying away from there for now." Sara said with a slight frown, seeing how her plans to get the Pheonix Dawn aboard the Malinche were going to have to wait. "Feel free to run what ever tests you want, though don't be suprised if you find something odd." She winked at the doctor with a small grin on her face.

He returned the grin but folded his arms and sat back. "Weeelll funninly enough, Ms Rayne, that's one thing I need to talk to you about. YOU need to tell me why electromagnetic signals are being emmited from your cranium." This was more than curisoity, he planned to assign one of his other physicians to the young intelligence officer and he couldn't afford any slip ups.

Sara moved a hand towards her face then pointed two of her fingers towards her eyes then smiled. "Well you can just say Im not exactly like all the other Intel types." She grinned again then moved her hand back from her face.

"You've been modified then..." Cameron murmured and cocked an eyebrow, somewhat impressed. "Internal occular implants I take it?"

"Yes and ones of my own design, though why they have been malfunctioning I can't figure out. They were recently removed and modified to run a self-reset incase something like that happened to me again. Seems whatever it was that did this to me caused that to not function either." Sara said honestly.

"There is a chance they're degrading...sometimes biological factors in your body will overried what they feel is not meant to be there. Have you had any other problems? Drowsiness or headaches?"

"Not until whatever it was that put me in here happened. Though I am still drowsy from that sedative they gave me. The implants were made to intergrate without causing problems but like anything else they tend to be affected by enviromental conditions. Im guessing they could have been hit with somekind of radiation left in the shuttlebay which has a EMP like effect. Might be a good idea to see if they are having equipment problems down there." Sara said with a shrug.

Cameron nodded. "I'm going to contact Lieutenant Benson, have a security team check out the area too in case there's something left over from the disturbance down there the other day." He shifted position and smiled. "Just relax, I'm going to assign Doctor Quarterstaff to you, she'll conduct the testing then you should be free to go if everything checks out, okay?"

"Well I don't see that I have much choice, but its not like I am going to be able to go anywhere with my implants out of wack. Though if anyone starts asking about me Im sure you won't say anything about it." Sara said smiling. "Oh and if you could get me a PaDD. I'd be greatful." Sara grinned up at the doctor.

Cameron laughed a little and shook his head, standing he reached into the administration cabinet and handed his patient a fresh PaDD. "There, that should hopefully keep you occupied for the time being. If you have any problems call a nurse, they'll be there in a flash." With that he turned round and left through the office and out of the treatment area to the exit. He was going to speak to Benson then have 10 minutes to himself somewhere, most likely the mess hall.

As soon as she got the PaDD. Sara started working on somekind of report, one she wanted to get finished before the tests would be run. "Thanks for the PaDD. Doc." Sara wasn't sure if he heard her or not but atleast she thanked him.

OFF:

A wonderfully insightful JP brought to you by:

Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

and
Last edited by Rayne on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ensign Sara Rayne

"Beware The Penguins!"

Abubakar
Senior Staff
Location: A hole, usually, sometimes referred to as Blackpool (UK)

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:24 am

ON: Malinche Sickbay. 15:00. Day 2.

"...it ready?" Came a rough voice, from somewhere...

"Yes Lieutenant" a young voice answered.

The Sickbay cieling flickered in and out of existence as Jarans eyelids fluttered into an open position. He groaned, feeling the worst hangover this side of First Contact.

"Wake up, easy Lieutenant" said the younger voice again. He turned his head, slowly, and noticed a young man standing beside his bed - a Lieutenant of the gold, probably Security. "We're transferring you back to the Starbase now you've been treated, but just take it slowly ok?"

Jaran grunted acknowledgement and sat up, thankfuly he was free of the dizziness from before, he felt his normal self albeit with an Everest headache. "Right..." he grumbled, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and feeling them plant themselves firmly on the deck. He stood up and took a step forward before a hand firmly grasped his shoulder.

"Oh..hang on" said the man again, "we still need these on" he picked up a pair of irons and attached them to Jarans wrists as he held his hands out in front of him.

Jaran watched as another Lieutenant crossed sickbay and addressed a nurse, he handed her a PaDD and put her thumbprint on it. "Transfer orders?" Jaran asked.

"Yeah" answered the young Lieutenant. "I'm Jack by the way"

"I won't waste time introducing myself" Jaran answered dryly.

"COme on you" said the older Lieutenant as he walked towards them and the door - Jaran immediately recognised the voice as the gruff one he heard when he woke up.

Jaran felt uneasy, to say the least, they were being... not nice, but not unpleasant either. Something was up, that or they had no idea what he'd done.

"Turbolift's that way" Jaran pointed out as they took a left instead of a right.

There was no answer.

"Hey -" Jaran protested but found a phaser digging in to his back, pushing him forward down the corridor.

The older Lieutenant in front pressed the controls for a door on the left hand side of the corridor and it opened, very thin vapours began to drift out of the room. "No..." Jaran said, realising where he was.

The two men, considerably stronger combined that Jaran was, bustled him into the room - as much as he tried to protest he was bound rigid and couldn't move his arms.

He found himself hitting the floor which was hidden itself by the white vapours that acted as a carpet - they were tinged with blue light. "Up" said the older one.

Jaran complied and stood, he gagged as he saw what was on his right as he did so, on a table that was coming out of an open panel on the wall was the body of a man, his face was badly damaged. "Ensign Carter, from the shuttlebay" the older Lieutenant informed him. He pointed to Jarans left, where another body lay. "Petty Officer Kyle, also from the shuttlebay!"

Jaran was frozen in place, he just couldn't move. He felt the chill of the morgue penetrate the skin on his back.

"I just..." Jaran started.

"The parent haven't got a body of your third victim! He got burned up when the shuttle got hit!" The young man said, stepped forward - angry tears shining on his cheeks. The older Lieutenant placed a hand on his shoulder. "You fucking scum!" he shouted and spat in Jarans face. He immediately tried to wipe it off but the rigid irons made it awkward for him to reach.

The older man moved the younger one out of the room and then stepped back in. "Your trial is tomorrow morning." He pressed a control panel by the door and all the lights went out, he pressed one button again and the panel went dead. "Have a good night"

He stepped out of the room and Jaran dived for the closing door. He arrived too late and the irons clunked against the metal.

He turned around, breathing heavily, there was completely no light. He couldn't make out a thing. He could still hear the systems working, so there was power, but no lights, he couldn't even try to rig up a light from the power supply as he couldn't see anything.

He heard a crash from further across the small room, he begged with himself to beleive it was imagination. He could feel something getting closer. "No..." he wimpered as he shrank to the floor and huddled up.

OFF
Lieutenant Abubakar Jaran
Deceased
The Anti-Lamb 666
Flying Monk-eh
U.S.S Malinche

"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Rayne
Crewmember

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:56 am

ON:

<<USS Malinche-B>>
<Sickbay, 1525 Hours, Day 2>

"Strangely enough I find myself within the sickbay, not a place I would normally decide to spend my time in. Only a few days ago I was heading to starbase 259 onboard my personal shuttlecraft, the Pheonix Dawn. I had found out that this was where the USS Malinche had docked for repairs and abit of R&R before her next assignment. Technically I had been listed as missing in action durring the previous mission. In truth I was called away by a Starfleet Intel Division which I had been doing freelance work for. It seemed a investigation on what had formerly been one of the greatest intelligence agencies in the federation, founded by my own father had been compromised with the loss of the agent who had been doing the investigation."

Sara paused to read over what she had typed into the small P.A.D.D or PaDD as it was also known. She didn't really like the idea of having to stay inside the Sickbay since there really wasn't anything wrong with her other then a pair of malfunctioning occular implants which were finally starting to reset themselves. Back when she had designed them they were made to intergrate with the cells within her optic nerves and retina of both eyes. In all they were made to be compatible and not be rejected by her body. They functioned quite well without problems for two years till she walked into a corridor filled with damaged conduits giving off EM emissions durring her service on the Legacy-E after the Dominion War. It was only minutes after leaving that corridor that she had the first major problem with the implants. Still this little problem as she saw it wasn't going to keep her from writting a small report on what she had been doing while away from the Malinche.

"I was sent in to deal with the corruption after my reports on SFI:9 confirmed a total compromise within the entire system of it's network and leadership. My reports confirmed a total takeover by agents working for a Sector 31 group, they gradually worked till they took over the entire agency. Most of the people within the small division which I had once been apart of were unaware of what had happened or were apart of the takeover. Perhaps it was my questioning the actions that the agency had been taking durring the past three months, which had made me the target of an attempted assassination. After all I knew too much of what had happened, once I started digging which led to my alerting Starfleet Intel of the takeover. Durring the months I was away from the Malinche, I was busy putting together a small covert ops team which I named Echelon Five in rememberance of the intelligence team I brought together durring the Dominion War. "

Sara once again paused from her writting when one of the nurses came over to check up on her. She didn't ask the nurse's name since it didn't really matter to her right now. After all she was trying to write a report not socialise with the nurse staff. Once the nurse went away to check on the other patients within the sickbay, Sara continued her work.

"We trained for weeks before we recived an assignment from Intel HQ to remove the Sector 31 influence from SFI:9 any means possible. The mission went as planned and the agency had been cleansed of the blight that had taken hold of it. Though it seemed the agency's days of operation were done. SFI:9 was disbanded and its members were either arrested or went to work with other agencies within the Intel community. As for Echelon Five, it is still active and waiting for another assignment from Intel HQ. But as for me I have to sit here in the Malinche's Sickbay, when I could be bringing the Pheonix Dawn aboard! Though it is probly for the best after what happened."

She finished writting her small report which was more of a personal log entery then an actual report but, this wasn't for anyone other then herself and she didn't really care that it wasn't. After saving and sending the personal log like report to the computer aboard the Pheonix Dawn, Sara turned the PaDD off and set it aside so she could take a nap since all that writting had made her sleepy. Unfortunatly her dreams never seemed to bring her any peace.

OFF:
Last edited by Rayne on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensign Sara Rayne

"Beware The Penguins!"

Peters
Senior Staff

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:48 pm

<Holodeck 2, 1200 hours, Day 2>

"The Matter Converter's connected to the Imaging System, the Imaging system's connected to the Projection System, the Projection system's connected to the Holo-Emitters, and that's the way it goes..." Peters sang to himself as he soldered the last few connections together. He was finally done with this Holodeck, and had teams working on the other ones that were down. He had a hard time getting one connection to stay in place and grumbled a bit. "Come on you little sucker, stay on there. Aha! Gotcha."

Pulling his head out of the access panel, Peters picked up the padd that had the diagram of that particular junction on it and checked everything for accuracy. Once he was satisfied everything looked good, he snapped the panel back in place and began to gather his tools back up. If he was lucky, he could actually get to shore leave by this evening.

"Let's see," he mumbled to himself as he picked up the other padd, which contained the repair list. "Holodeck 2, Check. Holodeck 3, in progress, other Holographic systems... in progress. Shuttlebay, In progress... Impulse manifolds... Done yesterday... which leaves the cosmetic stuff. I think that can safely be left to the base engineers..."

Standing, Peters picked up the two padds and his tool kit, then tapped a command into the panel next to him. After a moment the computer bleeped and showed a different set of controls. Peters tapped in another command.

"Imaging test in progress, please stand by," the computer said.

OFF:
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:23 pm

<<USS Malinche-B>>
<Corridor, 1525 Hours, Day 2>

Mason left and went back to his room. He didn?t want to further dip into what was going on in the detention room. No one in there spoke a word to him and all he could do was stare and leave. Time was winding down almost to a crawl as he walked in.

It seemed that his cabin was the only place where he felt comfortable and at eased. He was beginning to feel more distant from the crew more so now than ever. There was the occasional hi hello when he would pass some in the corridors.

It was 1500 hours and he decided to walk around the ship mainly on the lower decks where no one would be around. The loud noise from his stomach echoed off the walls giving him a slight chill along his back.

The sereneness of the cabin was taking its toll on the XO promoting him to tap on his commbadge, =/\=Hunt to Holtman(NPC)=/\= ?Go ahead sir.? She replied. ?When you get a moment could you bring the latest sensor palette updates to the office. I have the feeling those new back ups are going to fail the initial tests.? Asked Hunt.

?Of course sir. I just need to finish up some paper work here. Holtman(NPC) out.? She said closing the channel. Mason was wondering when he would see the Captain before they were to embark on their new mission.

He ordered a cup of malorian spice coffee with some lemon sticks. However when they appeared on the platform a steaming cup of water and a pojelian swordfish appeared which caused him to get bent out of shape and sit down sending a repair request to engineering.

OFF: Tag Anyone!!!
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B