Blood and Iron

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 pm

<<Holodeck 1, 2100 hours, Day 3, USS Malinche>>

Despite the setting of the sun, the setting of this elegant place had not suffered. The fact that the candles had burned out also didn?t drag on the night either. There was no only a sparkling strings of lights that encircled what was now the dance floor, a dim shadow was cast on each of the soon to be dancers due to this lack of light, but in turn gave each a greater depth to their respective beauty as the air was thick with the anticipation of affection.

As it had begun, Cameron gave lead to the object of his vast interest, Yrel, never taking his gaze away as she took her time slowly entering into the small but passionate scene that had been programmed before.

?What feels like a future ago,? she mused, Cameron?s hand held in hers as she kept her own gaze affixed to this gentleman in return. Music began playing in the background, from what Yrel wasn?t certain. It was slow and sweet, a kind of song that only belonged to this scenario.

But with a string of a smile, Cameron knew the music well. When You?re Smiling ? an old New Orleans Jazz piece but played on the piano by Macabre. A trombone and double bass backed the melody while the drums tapped a slower beat; this was the ideal romantic song for him. And he was glad he had chosen it. The music made him feel good; it made him want her all the more.

He led her softly round the cleared area on the patio, the summer air still blowing over them as the moonlight and deck lighting shone across the open air section of the restaurant. Fairly swilled with the synthaholic effects of the champagne during the meal, Cam found himself closer to her ? inhaling her and placing himself against her. He could feel her curved shape and the way she moved was reflected in his response. With that soft half-smile he breathed a sigh of happiness.

?So, Ms Sovereign, I hope this date is to your liking so far.? He murmured quietly in her ear.

?Liking is a bit of an understatement,? she smiled back, feeling a great deal of his warm embrace as they danced to be soothing to her raging soul. He was certainly no longer shy of her or her beauty. He had his arms around her in such a way to take in the shapeliness of her body without being perverted. A practiced hand, no less, but welcomed to Yrel. She sighed. ?By the end of the song, I?ll never want the night to end. What will you do to me then??

?I don?t know, I really don?t know.? He murmured, then pulled back to gaze at her. His desires were beginning to overwhelm his thoughts and without one last consideration he moved in to kiss her. His right hand held the back of her neck ? his fingers supporting her hair, his left lay on her waist. And with closed eyes his lips tenderly connected to hers, probing for that response until they were both locked in the kiss. Then he pushed a little more passionately and finally received the same response. On his withdrawal he pulled her bottom lip between his slightly then opened his eyes slowly ? trying to find her gaze. ?But I do know that I can?t let go of you, I can?t walk away from you tonight, Yrel.?

?Do you think I do?? she replied, trying not to let it come out too sadly, although her thoughts really did panic at the idea of breaking off this moment and moving back to the realm of reality. She let his left hand fall to her lower back, right at the edge of her skirt, holding her in to him softly. ?This can?t end?without more??

This time she initiated the kiss, hooking her arms under his and taking him in for a long and slightly more aggressive embrace that before. It lasted longer too, even against a momentary pull back from Cameron, Yrel held him in, keeping the embrace until they physically needed to depart. She kissed him again, more quickly, as their faces departed.

?Is it getting hot out here, or is it just me?? she said quietly, indeed feeling filled with tingling warmth.

?Must be the program malfunctioning.? He said with the glimmer of a grin and pulled her closer to him to dance, his lips lightly pressed against her forehead. ?Y?know I expected tonight to be a flop. I didn?t think you?d really be interested in me.?

?Must be my hormones. After all, I?m biologically no older than a post-teen?and they?re known for their sexual adventures,? she grinned, resting her head against his shoulder. ?If it?s not that, I?m stumped.?

?I?ve never been with a younger woman ? well, a biologically younger woman.? Cameron said as he stared into space with a grin on his face, than he glanced down at her. ?You know, we doctors have observed over the years that most terran-based humanoid females don?t reach their real sexual peak until their thirties. Does this mean I have more to expect or less?? He broke into another grin, deliberately trying to be cocky.

?I?d rather keep that to myself for the time being,? she giggled. ?You?ll have to stay with me to find out?? The sound was coming to an end, and for Yrel that was a good a time as any to move things on. The dance was nice?but there was so much energy of something that needed to be resolved. So, she came up with a discreet way to put it. ?You think the band needs to take a breather??

?Oh come on, Dennis Macabre never needs to take a breather. His fingers work mag ?? Cam halted himself before he continued, realizing what she had meant. He was too defensive of music at times. He smiled sheepish. ?Yeah, I think you?re right, they?ve been overworked recently.?

?Oh, I agree,? she nodded. Cameron broke off the warm embrace and was heading back to the table, when Yrel held his hand and pulled him back into her. Before he could react, she connected again with a deep kiss, as long and passionate as before. When it was over, she smiled. ?Maybe they could use the night off entirely. ?Cause you know, I?m beat. I could use the comfort of a bed right now.?

He was locked in close to her, a hand against her cheek and his lips just centimeters from hers. ?Your quarters or mine...? His breathing was slow and heavily laden as he fought the urge to pounce on her where they stood.

?Mine, it?s closer,? she said. Yrel kept the gaze as they made their way away from the restaurant, Cameron calling for the exit. There was the immediate change in the atmosphere as they reentered the reality of the Malinche. They headed to towards her quarters, not letting the boiling of desires from dissipating into the corridors.

Yrel was the first to enter her quarters, and in a couple seconds had her tank top and skirt removed and tossed carelessly to the floor. The two locked back up into an embrace, Yrel helping Cameron remove his shirt and pants as fast as possible.

Both driven by something deeper than their own impulses and desires they were atop each other in seconds, the last of their clothes shed and placed on the floor. The build up was fast and tense as they tried to gain as much as they could from the passion that ensued. The bedclothes lay tousled at the bottom of the floor as they took up all the space on the bed itself, kissing and sighing with the intensity of their want for each other.

Everything seemed so quick. As if it all should have lasted far longer than it did, Cameron felt his movement was far too fast and far too hurried as he moved inside her. But he couldn?t control himself as they moved together and he just didn?t want to hold back in the slightest. The noises, the heat and the feeling of her flesh on his own kept the sensation at the highest and most extraordinary levels. With that final push he slowed and collapsed into her arms, breathing heavily. He just couldn?t believe it, shaking slightly as he considered everything that had just happened and what it symbolized.

With a swallow and fast heartbeat, they both held each other and caressed one another until sleep took over, knocking their conscious into a deep and satisfied lull.

OFF/TBC:

JP by
Dr. Cameron Fairbairn
CMO
USS Malinche-B

and
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

McKensie
Senior Staff

Wed May 09, 2007 4:28 am

ON: < Counsellors Office >
< Day 3, 1900 hrs >

Rachel was sitting at her desk going over the personnel files arranging appointments. She'd already sent out a few requests for people to drop by and see her, picking up the next padd she tapped her comm badge.

=/\= McKensie to Lieutenant Peters. I'd like to see you when you're free if that's possible?. =/\=

Peters raised his eyebrows and sat back in his chair. "I'm free now. Your office or mine?"

=/\= I'll save you the trip if you like Lieutenant, I'll come to you. =/\=

"That would be much appreciated," Peters replied.

A few minutes later Rachel arrived at Todds office, pressing the chime she waited for a response before entering.

"Lieutenant Peters... I'm Rachel McKensie the new Chief Counsellor. Thank you for agreeing to see me."

"Not a problem, Ensign. I'll go ahead and warn you now that I don't like having my head shrunk, though," Peters smiled. He motioned to the chair across the desk from his own. "Please, sit."

Taking a seat Rachel smiled as she looked at Todd. "You'd be surprised how many people don't like talking to a Counsellor so you're not alone in that one. As for me.. I'm not the A-Typical Counsellor who likes to pry into every little thing, I also don't rely on personnel files I like to make my own observations."

"Then we should get along fine," Peters replied with a smile.

"So how are things going for you aboard the Malinche so far?, are you enjoying being aboard the ship?."

"So long as I've been aboard, yes. How are you liking it?"

"Just fine thanks" she smiled as she looked at him, "So tell me a little about yourself, what made you want to be a Starfleet officer?."

"Well, I won't claim it was for honor and glory, being a scientist and tinkerer by trade. However, when I entered the Academy it was at the height of the Dominion War. I figured I might be able to help out. Besides... where else do they pay you to play with top of the line technology every day?"

Rachel couldn't help but smile, "I agree with you on that one, besides my Counselling duties I'm also trained in Ops and that's something I like to keep my skills up-to-date in."

"Always good to have more than one specialty."

"So..." she looked at him curiously "is there anything you feel that you need to talk to me about?."

"Do homicidal urges towards the former Chief Flight Control Officer count?" Peters grinned. "IN all seriousness, not really."

Rachel couldn't help but smile, "I think I'll let you off that one" she grinned a wry grin. "In that case I think I'll let you get back to your work."

Rachel stood ready to leave.

"Should there be anything you need to talk about in the future please feel free to drop by and see me."

"I'll do that. It was nice meeting you, Counselor."

Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

and
Ensign Rachel McKensie
Chief Counsellor
USS Malinche

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 pm

ON:

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2115 Hours>

Sara stood alone just outside the airlock entery to the Malinche, she was wearing a black dress which complimented her eyes and would probly dazzle anyone who looked at her. Sara was atleast five minutes early but it would give her enough time to speak with specter if the man hurried and showed up before Commander Hunt arrived.

"Evening Ms. Rayne, though do tell me that you didn't go through all that trouble to look good on my account." said the man who finally decided to show up.

"Why yes actually I did, seeing that you were taking your time to get here I had just enough time to find this dress." said Sara sarcasticly. "So tell me do you have something for me Specter? Or did you just come here to compliment me on my appearance?"

"Touche Ms. Rayne, I know better then to bother you if it isn't important. Here." said Specter tossing a isolinear chip to Sara.

"Whats on it?" said Sara.

"Everything you have been wanting to know about J4L and their connections. I took quite a risk getting that for you Ms. Rayne, I hope you find it useful." said Specter before he left quickly so that they wouldn't be seen together.

It was at that moment sara noticed the commander walking down through the series of airlocks which made up the docking terminal that was connected to the Malinche.

OFF: Tags Hunt
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Thu May 10, 2007 10:53 pm

<<Ready Room, 0915, Day 4>>

Since she still had some time before the trial started, Isabel decided to go to her Ready Room to catch up on a few things. Unsurprisingly, when she walked in it seemed she actually had a lot of things to catch up on...

Sighing, Isabel shook her head at the new pile of PADDs on her desk. Sometimes she really missed being in Engineering and having the opportunity to work with her hands. She had a passion for commanding, of course, though the passion didn't extend to paperwork.

Isabel walked over to the replicator, "Chai tea, hot."

The mug materialized, steam rising from it. She frowned slightly at the orange tinge, but took a sip anyway. At least it tasted alright. Probably just a slight glitch.

She sat down at her desk, picking up the first PADD. Apparently they had acquired a new Chief Counselor, an Ensign McKensie. StarFleet had read her mind, it seemed. With the recent events on the Malinche, Isabel had the feeling a counselor would come in handy. Isabel made a note to meet with the woman later on, after the trial.

The next PADD caught her off guard. Setting the chai tea down on her desk, Isabel read through it twice more to make sure she wasn't dreaming. After over 2 years of service on the Malinche, not to mention being on her crew from the beginning, Mark Grayson had requested a new assignment. After serving together for 2 years, she would've hoped he would have had the courtesy to at least speak with her about it. If it had been something StarFleet Intelligence suggested, she could perhaps understand, but Mark himself had requested the move.

Isabel shook her head. In reality, he was a rather paranoid spook and hadn't been overly close with her. At the same time, he was part of her Senior Staff. Nothing could be down about it now, except to simply move on.

The most logical choice was to have her new Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer become Acting Chief, at least for the time being. True, she hadn't been able to work with him a great deal, and his little brainstorm to infiltrate where Jaran was being held was perhaps not the best, but in the end things turned out alright. Isabel also got a different feel from him than she did from Mark.

Might as well get it sorted out before going back to the trial... No telling how that would go and what kind of mood would befall the crew then.

She tapped her comm badge, "Lieutenant JG Hawkins, this is Captain Kersare, please report to my Ready Room as soon as possible."

OFF: Tag to Hawkins for our JP
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Fri May 11, 2007 6:52 pm

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2117 Hours>

Mason as he was walking felt bad for making Rayne wait for so long, it wasn?t very often that he went out of his cabin and leave the Malinche. He brought along some local currency for some of the recreational centers that actually still used money. He thought the two would enjoy some gaming or entertainment after they had finished visiting the restaurants.

?Ah Ms. Rayne I must say you are looking rather stunning this evening.? Said Mason looking down at what he was wearing and wondered if he should have been a bit more causal meaning without the comm badge on since she did not have hers on. He then heard a small chirp from within a pocket of the dress and soon he didn?t feel so awkward.

[Tag Rayne]

The promenade was not as busy as he thought considering the time it was at night but he figured it would pick up sooner or later so he moved over to Rayne, ?I took the liberty of reserving a table at the Mexican restaurant from what I understand it does get rather packed and it would be hard to just walk up and get a table.? He said walking side by side with Rayne.

[Tag Rayne]

?By the way if you don?t mind me asking who was that man you were talking with just before I arrived?? asked Hunt hoping he was not ruining the moment.

OFF: Tag Rayne
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Fri May 11, 2007 7:00 pm

<<ACIO Office, 0914, MD04>>

Jack awoke with a start, his face half flattened from being pressed against the desk while he slept, he couldn?t even remember falling asleep, last thing he could remember he had left the trial when it recessed for the day and gone to his office to finish what he had started the night before. He quickly appraised the desk through his sleepy eyes and noticed the computer terminal wasn?t even on, he must have drifted off before he even reopened the Starbases manifest.

He straightened in his chair and immediately thumped the desk from the pain that shot to his shoulder, he quickly reached across the desk to the small bottle of tablets he had received the day previously and took one without water.

He rose slowly, rubbing his eyes with his good arm and looked down at his now crumpled dress uniform, he would need to replicate a new one before the trial was due to restart, hopefully today would be a lot shorter. He walked round the desk towards the small replicator and was about to order a coffee when his combadge beeped into life.

=Λ= "Lieutenant JG Hawkins, this is Captain Kersare, please report to my Ready Room as soon as possible." =Λ=

Jack sighed and rested his forehead on the wall as he hit his combadge to reply, ?I?ll be there in 5 minutes, Hawkins out?

He started to wonder what the Captain might want, but it then occurred it may well be about the message he received about Grayson the previous day, in which case he had better make the effort to run to his quarters and get changed before he was due to be in the ready room. It was gonna be another long day he felt?
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Fri May 11, 2007 11:01 pm

<<Sickbay , 1900 hours, Day 3, USS Malinche>>

An almost hysterical laughter rang out in the medical bay. Lynn was holding her stomach, almost in tears from laughing so hard.

? There?s no need to look so serious, darlin?. I?m just going to finish running those tests and you?ll be up and out of here.?
The patient grumbled, a woman in her mid thirties who was obviously a little more than slightly annoyed to be bed bound.

?What was that?? The red head questioned wiping away the moisture from her eyes and winked. ?Don?t you worry? I?ll have you out of here faster than you can say- well? I?ll let you supply something for that saying." Her thick was of speaking was a little strained from a desire to be anywhere else.

?What is it you?re doing that is taking so long?? The patient asked, a terse tone edging its way in. Lyn glanced at the papers she held and read the woman?s name, Willburn.
?Well, Mrs. Willburn, I?m just getting a BCP read out for your records. Some one said you may have suffered a small breakdown, possibly from previous trauma. Up here on the view screen, there are going to be lines that show the activity of your brain?I?m just going to make sure everything is as it should be.?

?You?re not a real doctor are you? You look too young to be graduated. I want a real doctor here!?
The sudden outburst surprised the Ensign, her mouth dropping. She had never had a patient be so difficult.
?Ma?m I assure you I?m a qualified member of the Starfleet medical team?? The doctor went quiet and decided against arguing the case further. ? Please lay back, I?m going to finish up here and when the tests are run you?ll be free to go.?
She motioned for the woman on the biobed to lie still. The monitors all continued on with their steady beeping, the sick bay relatively quiet for a few seconds.

The young doctor wrestled with herself, keeping a hold of her tongue as she ignored her rude patient for a few seconds. It would be easy enough to allow the EMH to take over her activities for the night and allow her some time to roam the star base in search of more interesting activities. With a long sigh, the doctor decided against the idea and resigned to finishing her work. Maybe there would still be time to wander around when she was finished.
?You?ve been slacking for the past few days, girlie. It?s time you focused on your work.? Her hands worked to tie back the mess of red curls she owned. Work now, play later.

<<end>>
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Sat May 12, 2007 3:22 am

ON:

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2117 Hours>

"Well thank you Mr. Hunt." said Sara smiling at the compliment. She was greatful that she was actually able to take a break from the secret side of her life for once. "Better not get used to this." she thought walking along side Hunt. "Well maybe I should consider taking more time away once in awhile." Sara smiled, had it really been that long since she was able to enjoy life? Ever since she got into the intel field she knew it would mean giving up things, but sometimes that part of her life needed to fade into the background.

Sara figured the promenade was going to be filled with more people then there was. In truth she kinda liked the quieter space. "Must be really good to get a crowd like that." said Sara smiling. "Im glad you thought of having dinner, I would have probly found myself wandering around the ship looking for something to do. I'll admit though I was suprised that you offered to take me to dinner, most people usually try to avoid us Intel spooks as much as they can even other spooks." Sara said watching Hunt.

[Tag Hunt]

"Oh that was a old friend of mine back from my dominion war days, he heard I was around so he sent a message to me. Just wanted to say hello and tell me how things were going for him." said Sara though she wasn't about to say who he really was, atleast not here anyways.

[Tag Hunt]

"Well looks like we are here. Guess its a good thing you reserved a table for us. Looks like the crowd is starting to gather." Sara said smiling.

OFF: Tag Hunt
Ensign Sara Rayne

"Beware The Penguins!"

Benson
Senior Staff

Sat May 12, 2007 6:22 pm

ON:
<<Starbase 259, Courtroom, MD4, 1000>>

Arthur Lassiter stood. The trial had been a fierce battle. Every legal loophole had been pulled out. Every precedent cited. Every statute looked up. Every code of justice referenced. It was a tooth and nail fight between he and Captain Saxon, but Lassiter had two things in his corner that no matter how Saxon fought, the best he could hope for was a lesser sentence.

Holding his hands behind his back and looking at the floor, he gave the impression of collecting his thoughts. He wasn't. He had rehearsed this speech to the point that he drifted to sleep while reciting it off the PADD by his bedside. Art raised his head and looked at the bench where the justice sat.

"Abubakar Jaran is a Bajoran man who has seen his family and those he loved destroyed. He's a man from a planet who endured a holocaust and near genocide akin to the Nazi purification of Europe in Earth's past." He began and then looked at Jaran.

"Anyone, Bajoran, Human, Trill, even Vulcan would be affected mentally by such a disturbing lifetime. However, some, like Jaran, have become adept at surpressing this pain, and as we all know, that isn't healthy. Mister Abubakar's mental health, as we've heard testimony describe, is not stable. It is at best, erratic and unpredictable." He stated and then looked to the court assembled.

"Wether under the influence of phantom hallucinations, delusions of his own mind, or willfully negligent in his duty as a Starfleet Officer, it cannot be argued that he did not lead a mutiny against the command of the USS Malinche. It also cannot be disputed that several crew members of the USS Malinche died as a result of fleeing the Malinche after conducting said mutiny and failing to take over the vessel." Arthur detailed and then looked at Jaran.

"However, let it be known that Starfleet is not without its mercy for those who draw the blood of our sons and daughters. Your honor, the prosecution rests, and recommends that Lieutenant Abubakar Jaran be stripped of his uniform and be submitted immediately to proper psychiatric and psychological care. The Lieutenant has committed grievous actions that could, under Starfleet code, be punished with death, or at least life imprisonment. The prosecution believes that Jaran is capable of receiving treatment and being rehabilitated. It would be a waste of a life to send him to his death or lock him away forever, and it would be inhumane to deny him treatment." Arthur said and then looked back to the judge.

"Your honor, the Prosecution rests its case." Art said and walked back to his table, smiling to himself.

'THAT should steal some of the defense's thunder!' Art thought triumphantly.

OFF:
Lieutenant James Samuel Benson III
Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Akios
Crewmember

Sun May 13, 2007 3:59 am

<<Main Engineering, MD04, 0815>>

There was always work to be done on a starship, and that went double for a ship as complicated as the Malinche. Before Akios could locate the CEO, he was asked to help out with a diagnostic of the ship's emergency holoemitter network. He jumped at the opportunity to work on another of the Prometheus class's unique features.

The diagnostic was even a bit amusing. It involved activating the holoemitters in a section of the ship, and projecting a static humanoid mannequin in each active section.

Though the mannequin was non-moving and was rough enough not to fool anyone into thinking it was an intruder beaming in, Akios noticed that someone had added a sandwich-board sign to the mannequin that read, "TEST HOLOGRAM."

Akios guessed that at some point, someone must have complained about the test dummy.

Although it was much more extensive, the holoemitter network really wasn't that different than the standard holomatrix in the sickbay, so Akios was able to get to work with a minimum of instruction. As time passed, the diagnostic progressed smoothly.
Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Sun May 13, 2007 8:42 pm

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2119 Hours>

Mason smiled at the remark, ?I think that this nothing but a misconception people have over the intell and besides some of my family is in the intell business or well they used to be anyway.? Said Hunt. The promenade was still quite and the two made it into the Mexican restaurant.

?An old friend huh? ? asked Mason with a smirk on his face. ? I see, it very seldom I run into anyone from home out here sometimes it?s a bit bothersome but I am glad to be aboard a ship with a fine crew you included Rayne.? Said Hunt.

[Tag Rayne]

The XO needed a moment to take in the smell of sweet roasted peppers and beef filling the air. He stopped himself because he could see Rayne looking at him threw the corner of his eye. ?Oh I am sorry its just the smells remind me of home that?s all. I see a nice table with a window view of the ships docked here what do you say we head on over there.? Asked Mason.

[Tag Rayne]

A waiter brought over two menus one red and the other gold. Mason waited until she grabbed the gold menu before speaking. ?Would you like for me to order or do you have something special in mind?? asked Hunt.

Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Mon May 14, 2007 5:47 pm

[Yrel's Quarters, 0745 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche]

Yrel liked to think, had they been on a planet where the sun was worshipped for its beauty, that the light would be cascading over her naked body will ease, combining with the sense of utter satisfaction to generate an aura that not even a rough court martial of the previous day could tarnish. With the beddings still resting unused on the floor, Yrel was Cameron?s only cover, as she lay sprawled out on top of him, her hair draped off to one side.

She had been the first to wake, having not the ability the fall back asleep this morning with all the delight that still stimulated her senses. Fortunately, Cameron wasn?t far behind her, soon joining her in the realm of the waken, with a bright smile on his face upon seeing Yrel staring back at him as his first sight. She brushed a finger along his lips.

?Morning, lov-er,? she said slowly and dripping of lust.

He squinted and blinked softly then caught her finger with his right handed, kissing it tenderly. His eyes were still adjusting to consciousness but she looked ten times more incredible in the morning to him. That softness and tenderness seemed a part of her appearance. "Morning." His voice croaked a little as he spoke. "Well - that was...incredible." He aired a cheeky smile as he re-played the previous night in his mind.

Yrel smiled back, keeping the air playful, saying, ?and hopefully not the last.?

With her free hand she it ran along his jaw, looking mock-distant. ?Cause, you know. I?m not the kind of woman that doesn?t enjoy the primal pleasures of a partner. I hope that you can keep up.?

He stretched, sitting up slightly and pushing against the back of the headboard. "How come you have a comfier bed than I?" He asked playfully. "Aren't we all forced to deal with Starfleet issue?"

She shrugged. ?Must be the company. Sex always makes things seem better than they are.? Yrel adjusted herself as Cameron sat against the headboard, sitting up herself, but retaining a firm place in his lap, bodies almost touching. ?Pleasant dreams, I hope? Nothing bad tore you away from a good sleep??

Cam smiled across to her. "Pleasant dreams alright, I fell right to sleep. Mind you, us males have a high reputation of passing out after such an encounter." He placed a hand on her back, tracing her spine lightly, then his face fell into a curiosity. "So you're sure everything was, well, okay for you? I mean. I didn't want this to be part of some drunken last minute decision. It had to mean something, right?" He asked gingerly.

Yrel leaned back a bit, bring her hands to slowly trace along the masculine lines of her chest and abdomen, teasing along the border to his privates.

?Why? You don?t???

He raised an eyebrow. "Oi...come on, don't tease. I'm serious." His eyes shone intensely into hers. He didn't want to be let down.

She nodded, smiling mischievously. ?Of course it did. You were a lot more under than influence than I was. Maybe it was a bit last minute, but the passion we felt last night was no joke, Cameron. We wanted?and still do?each other in a way that others can only dream of. Absolute pleasure.?

The reassurance flooding back to him he smiled, and leaned in to offer her a subtle little kiss on the lips. Then he relaxed a little. "It's coffee time, I think." He stepped out of the bed, still happily naked. "Anything for you?"

?Same,? she replied, laying on her side. When he left the bedroom, Yrel gave out a yawn and stretch of her arms before following after, taking a seat at the couch. While he ordered up breakfast, a robust one at that, Yrel decided to break some news. It had to done eventually. She was responsible to him for this kind of potentially important information. ?How does physical beauty matter to you?? she asked suddenly.

At the replicator he ordered two fresh coffees with a little cream, and as they appeared took each in hand, turning to hear her question. Where it came from he didn't know, he just couldn't see Yrel having a self-confidence problem. "Beauty isn't THAT important." He murmured, handing her the drink and taking a sip from his own. "Of course there's always that desire to pursue someone with a level of attrac - " He cut himself off suddenly, realising he was sounding like a doctor again. "It's not my primary concern, okay? Besides, I think you're gorgeous. It's not like I have to spend my time worrying about it having just slept with a Ba'ku and all." He smiled softly at her from over his mug.

She took a careful sip of the hot drink, faintly smiling. ?Well, I guess before we move on any further, then I should let you know that my seemingly prefect beauty, as has been noted before, isn?t entirely natural.?

He raised an eyebrow, confused. "What do you mean?"

?When I left home and came to Earth, I wanted to make a new identity for myself. I had spent a lifetime as a quiet village girl, and it was time to move beyond into a new life. So I went through a short series of cosmetic changes by a semi-licensed physician. Breast augmentation, cheek implants, bio-chemical changes to my hair colour, fat reduction, metabolism boost injections?were a part of that series. When the process was complete,? she took a breath, keep her gaze studied on Cameron. ?I wasn?t really a Ba?Ku woman anymore. I changed my last name and enrolled into Starfleet.?

He took in the information with startled eyes, he hadn't quite expected such detail or such a confession but in all honesty he was surprised that he hadn't really noticed but at the same time compelled to understand what had happened, he sat down on the edge of the couch, staring across from her. "So you think I'm going to find you less attractive because you don't consider yourself Ba'ku?" He sighed irritably. "For one thing I don't understand the severe changes. I mean, did you really have to alter your physical appearance?"

Yrel shook her head. ?I didn?t have to, but I felt in order to start fresh with a mortal life, that it was needed. A new life seemed to work best with a new body.?

He looked down into his coffee mug and shrugged, then glanced back up. "Well the woman I spent all night desiring was you, the same woman I'm looking at now. It doesn't make any difference to me."

Yrel smiled brightly. ?Good! Just what I wanted to hear.? She looked over at her small office desk and at the display behind it. She sighed. ?Damn? Shoreleave is pretty much done with. Guess I should check in at the lab before I?m declared officially missing??

He smiled, and slurped down last of his coffee. "Shoreleave for some...I've been busier than most. And that bloody trial yesterday, ugh. I shouldn't have to be a part of that, I should have stayed out of it when I had the chance."

?You?re telling me,? she stood up, drinking down her coffee as well. Grabbing Cameron by the hand she lead him over to the bathroom. ?But, before I go in, I?d like at least my morning taste of my lover, hmm??

He grinned and placed his mug down on the coffee table as she pulled him through. "Well, I can't complain about that, eh?" And with that the bathroom door slid shut behind him.

OFF:

JP by
Dr. Cameron Fairbairn
CMO
USS Malinche-B

and
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Mon May 14, 2007 8:25 pm

<<Bridge, 0922, MD04>>
Jack emerged from the turbolift and stepped onto the bridge much like he had 2 days previously, the bridge still barely busy with just maintenance crews at work. As he walked across the sparse bridge he couldn?t help but think that it seemed like a contradiction, the bridges d?cor seemed thoroughly modern, but the layout was more reminiscent of an old Excelsior or Constitution class vessel with the majority of the stations around the perimeter of the room and not facing the viewscreen.

He walked around the bridge towards the Captains ready room, checking his fresh dress uniform, many in the trial weren?t dressed as formally as Jack, but it was force of habit from prior appearances in court in his former life. As he reached the Captains door he used his good hand to reach out and press the button that would activate the door chime?

Isabel heard the doorchime, guessing it was Jack. After straightening her dress uniform, she replied, "Enter."
The door slid open moments after Jack heard a voice from inside and he stepped in the Commanding officers ready room.
"Good morning Mr. Hawkins," she smiled. "Please, have a seat."
?Morning Captain, sorry I?m late, had to rearrange my flattened face,? Jack moved towards the desk and sat down in the chair, mindful of his movements to avoid further irritating his arm, ?You wanted to see me??

Nodding, Isabel said, "Yes, I did. How are your injuries coming?" She'd noticed his careful movements.

?It?s like a party in my shoulder every time I move,? he moved slightly in the chair, grimacing as he did so, ?but with the good doctors help I?ll be back to normal in no time?

"Of course," she replied. "Since we have the rest of the trial to attend, I'll get to the point... I take it you've heard about Mr. Grayson leaving us?"

?It came up in a conversation I had with someone from the personnel department, but they were remarkably reluctant to give me anymore information than that??

"I can't say I'm overly surprised. I honestly don't know why he left, I only know that he requested the transfer," Isabel noted. It still rubbed her the wrong way, but she couldn't change it anyway. "In anycase, this obviously leaves us without a Chief Intelligence Officer..." She hesitated a moment, then continued, "I was wondering if you might be interesting in being Acting Chief Intelligence Officer."

?Well I?m not sorry to see the back of him to be frank,? Jack noted the hesitation before he continued, ?I was told at the time that I might be required to take on his duties until a replacement was found, so to be honest, I was already mentally prepared? he smiled at the captain slightly, ?so I guess I?m saying yes..?

Isabel grinned, "Wonderful. Consider it effective immediately. With the Assistant Chief spot open, you're welcome to chose a new one. Ms. Rayne would probably be a good choice."

Jack returned the smile, ?I?ll have a chat with her once today,s festivities are over?

Glancing over at the time on her display, Isabel looked at Jack, "I believe we should head over to the trial. Are you ready?"

?Ready when you are,? he rose and motioned towards the door, ?After you??

OFF:

JP by

Captain Isabel Kersare

and
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember

Tue May 15, 2007 3:23 pm

ON:

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2119 Hours>

"Well thank you, and I am glad to be on a ship with a executive officer who really knows how to socialize with his crewmembers. Now since we are off duty just call me Sara, using my last name makes it seem to formal." Said Sara with a smile towards Mason. She could smell the aroma coming from the restaurant and she took at moment to inhale a good whiff of it.

Sara couldn't help but feel that she really should have done this more often, instead of keeping to herself most of the time. Maybe it was from her tendency to make people feel uneasy around her. It wasn't something she could help that much. The curse of the intelligence officer was what she called it. "It follows you everywhere you go even after your no longer alive." Thought Sara.

"Thats alright reminds me of home too and yes that would be nice." She said following Mason over to the table. Once both of them had sat down at the table a waiter brought over their menus. Sara picked up the gold one just to look it over. It was going to be hard to decide what to get, everything looked and sounded good.

"I think I better let you pick, otherwise we will be here all night while I try to decide." Said Sara with a small laugh. "Everything here sounds so good." Sara made up her mind at that point, she was going to socialize more often. It wasn't as bad as the part of her that avoided everyone tried to tell her it was.

OFF: Tag Hunt
Ensign Sara Rayne

"Beware The Penguins!"

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue May 15, 2007 8:15 pm

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2120 Hours>

The menu was long and extensive, it maid Mason sweat for a moment since everything looked and smelled so good he didn?t want to over do it. ?How about some Quesada?s to start with some sparkling cool spring wine to go along with it and for the main course how about some papaya rice with an order of smoked honey Salome.? Said Hunt looking at her smile and admiring the view of the restaurant.

[Tag Rayne]

?You know Sara it is good to get out and socialize with people. I must to have been isolated to the crew and those around me but sitting here with you and being in the restaurant makes that isolation barrier a mere image of a boarder now torn down.? Said Mason moving aside the center candles as the waiter gently placed the wine and water down to each of them.

?Your meal will be ready in just a few minutes.? Said the waiter. ?Don?t rush on our accounts.? Said Mason smiling back to Rayne. ?My father would always take me to different restaurants in our neighbor hoods. Always wanting me to explore different cultures and foods. ? said Mason pouring some wine into her cup first then his.

[Tag Rayne]

As he took a sip of the wine after she had done, he smiled ?I will tell you the replicators could not do this wine any justice don?t you agree?? asked Mason.

Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B