Blood and Iron

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Wed May 23, 2007 7:12 pm

ON:

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2123 Hours>

After watching what happened Sara was somewhat stunned from how both Mason and Alan(NPC) had interacted though after Mason had told her what it was about she wasn't as suprised about it. "That sounds good." Said Sara with a smile. "So what else do you have planned for tonight? So far you have taken me to dinner, Im sure you must have something else in mind." Sara watched him for a few seconds until she noticed Specter(NPC) enter the restaurant.

[Tag Hunt]

"Damn what now?" Sara thought to herself hiding the reaction under the smile she gave Mason. Specter apparently had a message for her from what she could tell from the normally invisible light he was signaling at her with. "Whatever it is it can wait." She told herself looking back towards Mason. Specter seemed to realise she wasn't going to be able to see what he wanted to tell her just yet but he did tell her where to meet with him later.

OFF: Tag Hunt
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Thu May 24, 2007 3:29 pm

<<Science Lab, 1322 hours, USS Malinche>>

Yrel found solace in the fact that the beta shift left the lab dead, more so with leave still in effect than anything else. It gave her time to check around at what she had to work with, what was currently under study, and overall how much she attention she could afford to being the ship?s 2XO without degrading her status as the CSO.

As for the answers, they were all quick to come. They were, respectively, moderate quality of equipment, practically nothing of value, and apparently more than seemed right. Unless the coming missions of the Mali?s suddenly took on serious scientific important somewhere during them, she was going to find herself in more of a command role than anything else.

Good or bad? Yrel had no clue. She was becoming a Jill-of-all-trades at this rate, and it was becoming harder and harder to tell what was most important for her line of work. Which is one reason why motherhood had a practical role in her life.

And yet that train of thought couldn?t have had a more welcome interruption as the lab doors hissed open with ease and Doctor Fairbairn stepped through with a heavy walk and a light smile on his face. As she turned he glanced around for other bodies, noting the lab was empty and with ease and comfort wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in for the briefest yet most passionate of kisses. He had been bored, and having queried the computer on her whereabouts was determined to steal a little time from her.

Yrel broke out in a short giggle as their lips departed, his arms keeping her close to him with no signs of any immediate release. ?No wasting time I see. How are you, Cameron??

?Surviving...? He trailed as he kissed her forehead lightly, speaking softly. ?As usual shore leave gathers to an end and everybody on the bloody ship decides they?d like to be sick. But hey, let me say I couldn?t stop thinking about you while I was wading through the hypochondriacs and their um...their ?symptoms?.?

?Sweet, Cameron, real sweet,? she smiled. ?I?m sure it?s not all just a late shoreleave rush that you?ve had to deal with, huh? I don?t know about you but being here is a good relief from the constant chatter about Jaran.? Yrel tried not to frown at the thought of all the goings on with that particular topic. ?The ship?s not going to shake it until we?re well on our way to the next assignment.?

Cam sighed and let go of his lover, taking a step round to lean against the laboratory unit. ?I?m tired of hearing about it ? in fact I?m tired of answering questions about it. I gave my testimony based purely on the evidence I had from the medical diagnostics I took during Jaran?s medical examination and that?s it, there?s nothing else to it. But crewmembers just can?t seem to stop asking stupid questions. The medical staff are the worst.? He didn?t exclaim any of this, in all honesty Cameron wasn?t the type to get wound up and angry. ?It?s just so needlessly stressful.?

?Yeah,? she sighed. ?But it is understandable. Many crewmembers don?t know what went on and, at least some, are generally concerned about the results.?

Yrel stepped back and sat on top of her desk, leaning back and crossing her legs. She grinned, saying, ?But those are the trials and tribulations of being in the senior staff. We?re like parents to a bunch of maturing officers.?

With a smile Cameron stepped towards her and kissed her lightly on the forehead. ?I wouldn?t quite go that far, my department staff are the ones showing ME the ropes here. Besides, I?m not the one walking around with the second officer burden, you?re our third in command, Ma?am.? He said cheekily.

?Ma?am? That?s sounds kind of nice all of a sudden,? she held back a giggle. ?But I wouldn?t take anything away from you, Doc. You fill just as important a role as any. Not to mention you can deem any of us command-types unworthy for duty at any time,? she pointed a finger at him playfully. ?Not to inflate your ego or anything.?

?Well what if I wanted to steal you all to myself for one night rather than have you taken away for some lousy command shift, eh?? He grinned with mischief. ?I could declare you ill then have you all to myself.?

?You could?? she mock thought. ?But in that case, it?d likely just be easier to for me to call you up to the Ready Room during my shift, order you to strip yourself of clothing, and lay on the couch for me to have my way with you.?

Quickly, she reached out with her left hand, grabbing his long coat and pulling him in for a long kiss. When they broke, she smiled devilishly. ?Sounds like a good way to spend the beta shift, if you ask me. A lot more pleasure involved,? she held her smile.

He leaned in and kissed her again, this time a little longer and passionately. Occasionally he would let his eyes flicker to the door as if just a little wary of getting caught. It wasn?t exactly professional what they were doing but he didn?t care. As they pulled out, their foreheads continued touching and he smiled. ?I wouldn?t exactly complain, would I? But still...I think we should have dinner again tonight - my quarters where it?s a little more personal.?

This time, Yrel laughed, rubbing her hands along his chest. ?Dinner? Are you sure we?ll even get that far? As soon as the doors open, we?ll probably jump each other in eager hope to replicate and expand the experience of last night,? she paused, the added, ?not that I?d complain?but?you know.?

?Well y?never know, Yrel, maybe that?s what I want. But I?ll let you decide when you walk through the door. I finish my final shift at 2000, how does that sound?? He asked, still beaming with lust.

?Sure, I?ll stop by after my first little stint on the bridge. But I?ll say this now, you?re going to have excuse my attire, as I?ll becoming straight from work?so no pretty skirts or anything,? she grinned again, seeing in Cameron?s eyes a desire that exceeded seeing her wear a skirt. Most likely, he wanted to see her wear nothing at all again. He was burning with youthful passion, and Yrel tried to quell it for the moment with a long, but soft kiss.

Cameron lifted his hand and cradled her neck as they kissed. He was pretty tall compared to her and the stooping was getting uncomfortable despite how incredible the kiss felt. And part of him thought she might like it more if he pulled her up to him. They slipped in and out of romance and passion constantly. The previous night had been pure passion. That morning had been more of a soft romance, whether or not it was love yet was something the Doctor just wasn?t sure of. But he knew he liked her. She was bright, pretty, intelligent and of course funny. She had confidence and she shone. He liked every inch of that. They pulled out of the kiss and he allowed himself another quick glance toward the door.

?What?s on your agenda today then?? Cam asked her with a slight grin.

?Well, other than finish up getting settled with my assignment as CSO, and then my first shift as second XO?? she smiled, following his brief glances to the door. She giggled softly. ?Don?t worry, hun, no one?s coming. Sovak is on beta shift, and everyone else is scurrying to spend time on leave before the collar is yanked from under them. So, by tonight, I?ll be tired but willing to be with you for dinner. Nothing flashy, I hope. Just some time to spend with you. Time for a history lesson.?

?A history lesson?? He asked with a quirked eyebrow. She couldn?t be trying to dig deep into him ? there?d be nothing to find other than diagnostic medical charts and viral treatment papers.

As with previous occasions, Yrel mocked shocked. ?Well, what do you expect? You wanted to know so much about me, and I can?t return the favour? I?m insulted.? Then to make an exclamation to the mock shock, she pulled away from him and headed for the door, waving bye behind her. ??The nerve of some men.?

OFF/TBC
JP by

Dr. Cameron Fairbairn
CMO
USS Malinche-B

and
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Kaitala
Senior Staff

Reporting for duty

Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 pm

On:

<<Starbase 259, Day 4, 1614 Hours>>

Kaitala stepped off the transport, holding her case of personal effects tightly in her hand, her eyes scanning the bay quickly. She had spent her time wisely, and skimmed over the profiles of the crew on the Malinche, her new assignment. She knew the vessel was docked, and didn't waste any time making her way out of the bay and towards the Malinche.

She slipped passed the few civillians greeting their loved ones who had been on the transport with Kaitala, a sneer crossing her lips. The memory of her own family still caused a stinging pain to tug at her chest. Pushing it aside, she stopped an officer she assumed to be Starbase security.

"Excuse me, could you point me towards the Malinche please?" Her politeness almost stunned her. It was not something she was well known for, at least in Starfleet.

"Down the corridor and to your left, ma'am." He replied.

Kaitala nodded and exited the bay, following the directions. As she walked she kept her eyes glued to the ground. She hadn't served on a Prometheus class before, and made a mental note to further review the schematics in detail. Her thoughts stopped abruptly as she realized she had arrived at her destination.

Having studied the personnel files, she recognized the woman standing nearby a window that looked out upon the vessel. It was Kaitala's new Commanding Officer. Kaitala approached the woman quickly, and dropped her case on the floor by her feet, saluting formally.

"Lieutenant JG
Kaitala, reporting for duty, Captain Kersare." She lowered her hand to her side, still maintaining her stiff stance.

Isabel quirked an eyebrow, yet another new crewmember it seemed... "Good afternoon Lieutenant. Forgive me, but I've not been to my office in awhile and haven't received the latest transfer files. What position are you filling?" Judging by the yellow uniform, Isabel knew Kaitala had to be in Engineering, Sec/Tac, or Ops...the question was which.

Kaitala raised an eyebrow, and seemed to relax her shoulders slightly, "Security/Tactical, Captain." She suddenly felt quite awkward in her own skin. She hoped Starfleet had given her the correct orders.

Pausing, Isabel considered what the young woman told her...just a few days ago the Malinche had received a new Chief Security/Tactical Officer, though she hadn't seen James since the first day of the trial... "Hmm...interesting." She broke into a smile, "Glad to have you with us. I apologize for being disorganized, I've been attending the trial of a crewmember...I'm afraid it's left me a bit behind." For now, Isabel decided to leave out the part about Jaran's death; Kaitala would surely find out about that later.

Kaitala's other eyebrow rose. The trial of a crewmember? This was something that Kaitala had not experienced, and had no desire to experience. "I understand, Captain. There is no need for apologies." Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she examined the woman. Usually she was very good at judging charter; however, she found it difficult to read this woman. Perhaps her bitterness had gotten the best of her after all these years.

Isabel nodded, "Where were you last stationed?"

Kaitala let out a long sigh subconsciously. She had not enjoyed her time on board the Gypsy, the memories were almost as bitter as those of her time before Starfleet. "I was the Asssitant Chief Security and Tactical Officer on board the USS Gypsy."

Sensing the woman's last assignment was not a good topic, Isabel decided to change the subject, "Have you served aboard a Prometheus class before?"

Kaitala looked out the window, examing the vessel. "No, ma'am. I have not."

"She's a good ship...I hope you enjoy your time with us," Isabel smiled, following Kaitala's gaze. "Most of the crew is still on shoreleave for now, though I expect us to be leaving soon."

Kaitala nodded, eyes still fixed on the ship. She wasn't too concerned with socializing with the crew. She wasn't a social person, at least anymore. "Very well. Is there anything that requires my immediate attention?"

Isabel watched Kaitala's gaze, "No, feel free to find your quarters or office and get settled. I'm sure at some point you'll want to meet the officers in your department, but otherwise there's nothing pertinent until we get our orders for the next mission."

Kaitala nodded, and turned to face the Captain, "Thank you, Captain." She paused a moment, pondering another salute and thought against it. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

"And you as well, Lieutenant. Welcome aboard," Isabel extended her hand.

Kaitala took the hand and shook it firmly. She had been taught in her training as a child that shaking hands firmly was very important. It was one of those nonsensical things that had been drilled into her mind. "Thank you, Captain."

She turned, heading towards the ship, wanting to make herself acquainted as soon as possible.

Isabel watched the latest addition to her crew as she headed to her new assignment. The young woman seemed a bit distant, perhaps, but time would tell. Contrary to popular belief, first impressions weren't everything. She followed Kaitala to the ship; apparently she had a good bit to catch up on...including the new crew and the details of Jaran's death.

Off:
Joint post by:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC - 38897

and
Lieutenant JG Kaitala
Chief Security / Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC - 38897-B

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm

<< Sickbay, 1313 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche >>

? mnn, lollipop, lollipop??
It seemed that a small cup of coffee to relax over had always soothed Lynn?s nerves and the current good mood that she displayed was proof. Taking a look around sick bay the red headed woman wondered why it was she could never get the scent of cleaning agents out of the air. She made mental note to figure this out in the future.

Cameron wandered back into sickbay with a fresh spring in his step, having managed to steal just five minutes with Yrel had picked up his mood slightly despite how busy sickbay had been. Having left Doctor Quarterstaff he'd need to start allocating patients for the post lunch shift. He felt a strange sense of commitment to her, she was young and blunt minded. A lovely little Irish lass to fit his Scots accent and persona. It was certainly a very...Celtic sickbay. He liked her though and was considering offering the job of assistant head, helping him out with shift work. Since Thea had left he had placed Warrant Officer Kareg in that position temporarily but Lynn could use the experience. And to be honest he'd rather spend more time with her than the mild-mannered yridian. He offered her a relaxed smile as he entered the main office and lifted up the day's medical report to add a little information. "Afternoon, Lynn, how was your lunch break?" He asked politely.

She returned the smile, hers full of the life she was exhibiting. ? It went about as well as any lunch break can. I hope the rest of the day goes just the same. ? There was a pause as she contemplated the words she would choose next. Tying back her curly locks Lynn stared at Cameron for a minute.
? How?s the day?s line up looking?? She tried not to peek over his shoulder at the records.

He immediately handed her the PaDD, there wouldn't be any restrictions in HIS sickbay and he figured since he and Lynn were the attending physicians that it was important to let her in on it. "Two reporting flu-like symptoms and it looks like Crewman Hyde has somehow broken his arm. It's going to get quite a wee bit busier though." He said simply as he sat across from her. "Shoreleave round-up
orders and all. You can expect plenty of crew members looking to get a little time off work."

Slender hands traced over the edges of the PaDD. The though of the work load brought a grimace to her features. ? Well we?ll have our Mr. Hyde fixed in a jiffy then?And if the crew is so keen on taking ill, I can always see about getting some good old cough syrup.? Lynn felt the ends of her lips inching their way into a smile as she imagined how grown men and women would react to such a treatment...and if memory served her right that ?good old cough syrup? her mother swore by tasted horrible. ? I?ll expect to be spending a lot of time here then.?

Cameron sat back and smiled too, clasping his hands over the teal medical jacket. "You'd be surprised at how effective cough syrup could be at this particular time on a starship. Starfleet personnel can be pretty gullible when they want to be." He said with a slight air of mischief. "But aye, I'd like you to attend to Hyde when Nurse Marsid has finished preparing him. I'll have a chat with our 'fly patients' to even things up but you can expect it to fill up by this evening. Luckily you're only stationed for Alpha shift."
?Mnn, the early birds. I?m tickled to have such an early shift.? Lynn?s eyes drifted down, studying the device in her hand a bit more intently.
? If needed, I don?t mind spending a mite bit more time here?? The young lassie had never liked leaving the Sick bay in disarray. She found that coming back to chaos was even more infuriating than sticking through it. ? Will there be an inventory check before leave is finished??

Staring at her a little while longer, the chief medical officer nodded. At least she was enthusiastic, that made him feel a whole lot better about his decision. "Lieutenant Barrett'll probably do a quick check before we depart starbase. Makes sense but I think our equipment run up is fine if I can have one of the Nurses perform a count for us." He shuffled in his seat slightly and stood up.
"I'm going to check on our patients muttering about the flu and see if they're believable or not. But Lynn, if you don't mind, I was thinking that since Doctor Saunders departure perhaps you'd like to take on a little more responsibility around here?"

Her cheeks began to turn a splendid rose color as green eyes left the PaDD and returned to the standing doctor. ? More responsibility, sir?? Lynn placed the unit down for a spell. ?As one of Starfleet?s doctors it is my duty to make sure our crew is healthy in every way, keeping a closer eye on them is no trouble if that?s what you request.?
"There's more to running a sickbay than healing the ill and injured, Lynn, much more." Cameron said with a smile. "I need to have a chat with Captain Kersare about it but I'd like to see more of you here as my assistant staff head. A little more responsibility for an inexperienced officer but frankly you make an ideal doctor."

?I?m honored to receive such a compliment, Sir.? Lynn replied, careful to not let her accent slip in too heavily. ?I?d very much enjoy that.? The red head flashed the senior officer a confident smile, cheeks still betraying how inexperienced she was.
? I?ll check in on Crewman Hyde then??

"Thank you." Cam finished, his smile widening into a grin. And with that he moved out of the office and into the diagnostics area of sickbay, lifting the PaDD handed to him by Emily McKnight, his aide. "Now Ensign Fields, what can I do for you today, eh?" He could be heard booming as he approached the first bio-bed.
Lynn Smacked her head with the palm of her head and muttered a string of curses under her breathe. Ah yes?She was a smooth operator. Rubbing a temple slowly, the doctor wandered off to find her patient.

<<End>>

Jp by :
Dr. Cameron Fairbairn
CMO
USS Malinche-B

and
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 pm

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2125 Hours>

In a way Hunt was blushing and finished up his meal, ?The cat is out of the bag, after dinner I thought we might take in a few movies that serve original earth popcorn and some orange pop. I don?t know exactly what that is but I here its pretty good.? He paused for a second and looked at her, ?Are you sure you didn?t read my personal logs.? He asked Laughing.

<Tag Rayne>

?As for the rest of this evening let?s just say the night has only begun. But before we head off I have arranged for some special wine I believe the year is 2355 a good year its supposed to bring good luck and harmony to those who drink it.? Said Hunt popping the cork and pouring her a glass.

<Tag Rayne>

The waiter looked at the both of them with shining eyes as he walked away. Just about half way threw their glasses Mason handed her some flowers after all it wouldn?t be complete nor proper.

<Tag Rayne>

OFF: Tag Rayne
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Wed May 30, 2007 11:22 pm

ON:
<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2125>

Sara was smiling at the comment Hunt made and she already had a reply for it. "Oh its possible that I might have." She said with a mischievous grin, which she was almost certain would get a interesting reaction from him. In truth she didn't read his personal logs but he wouldn't know that right away. "As for the orange pop, I can tell you that stuff is probably one of the best things you will ever taste so long as it isn't replicated." Said Sara smiling.

<Tag Hunt>

Sara could see the flowers Hunt thought he was keeping hidden but she didn't give him any hint that she knew. She just smiled as Hunt poured a glass of wine for her. It was turning out to be a enjoyable evening for her and she was sure Hunt was feeling the same way. About halfway through the glass of wine Sara took the flowers that Hunt finally handed to her and smiled. "Thank you." She said turning her gaze towards him.

OFF: Tag Hunt
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 am

ON: U.S.S Malinche.

Marco walked through the decks of the Malinche in search of the main shuttlebay, having finally downloaded the schematics into a PaDD from one of the few operational corridor consoles, along with the manifest as it currently stood, of course with the Malinche at her current status, the manifest was continually being revised.

He turned the last corner before the main doors to the balcony level, with the control office on the left hand side of the corridor, two engineers were replacing a piece of wall panel from the wall opposite the office doors and Marco noticed there was scorch marks on it, most likely from a personal weapon given the relatively low-burn damage.

?You and you? he said to the engineers, nodding to them and making sure they didn?t have any pips, which they didn?t. ?Shuttlebay manager in there?? he asked, gesturing to the control office doors.

?Er?I think so Chief? one of them answered. ?Folen, her name is?

?Good? Marco said. ?You both come in with me and look hard, ok.?

The pair looked at eachother questioningly, but followed Marco in with ?bringer of death? faces when he walked past them anyway.

?Folen!? Marco called, looking at a young woman who walked towards him.

?Chief!? she called, standing in front of him.

?Chief Of the Boat, Marco Tupalov? he said by way of introduction.

Folen extended her hand, which Marco ignored.

?Your shuttlebay is a pile of shit? he said, suddenly turning the conversation and looking out of the large windows that spanned the entire length of the office and looked down onto the shuttlebay. ?Look. Piles of junk, piles of junk? he said, annoyed, pointing at various mounds of equipment, ?and you?ll know about it if I see anymore shuttlebay operators eating on the bay floor.?

Folen, who by now looked stunned and more than a little irritated, stepped forward to look out the window herself, she also clocked the pair of operators sitting on a nacelle of a shuttle and eating. She banged on the window and pointed at them when they looked up, whatever facial gesture she made ? Marco didn?t see it ? they decided to move quickly.

?Get this shit hole ready for inspection by 20:00 hours, all the enlisted crew will be on the floor, ensure there is enough space, and that the auxiliary craft are displayed ready for inspection by the Keptin?

Folen nodded and ran a hand through her hair, Marco turned around was followed out of the office by the two engineers, he got halfway down the corridor before he realised they were still following him. ?Go away? he grumbled, waving a dismissing hand without looking around.

Marco stopped in the corridor to type out a message on the PaDD he was carrying, it was brief and to the point, informing the enlisted crew, all of them, that there was to be an inspection in number 4?s in the main shuttlebay at 21:00, and to be there by 20:40.

He finished typing and went back to the working console he had found earlier and tried to work out how to upload the message into the Malinche computer, the wireless upload docks on the Endeavour had never worked, and when they had eventually been fixed the damn things were always turned off, so Marco had no idea at all how to get the message off the PaDD.

?Hello?? he shouted down the corridor. ?Hello?? he called again, someone warily stuck their head round the corner and approached.

?Help you?? the Bolian asked, adding ?Chief? as he got closer and could see Marco?s rank, which he had to be blind not to ? since Marco deliberately always stood with the right hand side of his collar to the majority of people.

?Ya? he started. ?I need to upload this message, and send it as audio through the computer system on Malinche and on the base also.? Marco finished, handing the Bolian the PaDD.

?Ah, I see, well that?s the great thing about these, you see, they?re very easy to ??

?Just do it? Marco said, sounding annoyed, he hated Bolians and their incessant need to rabbit on about the most mundane of things.

It only took him about a second, and the message was up on the console, the Bolian transmitted it and the computer chirped before making its announcement.

?U.S.S Malinche. All enlisted personnel to report to main shuttlebay for CO?s inspection at 20:30 ship time. Number 4?s and rifles for inspection. No exceptions.?

The Bolian looked to the ceiling as the message played out and then looked back to Marco. ?Oh I?m so sorry Chief I won?t be able to make it you see Ensign Tamlin has me recalibrating the communications array and I?m only a third into it and you see it?s going to take at least another twelve hours and that?ll-?

Marco held up a hand to silence the young engineer. ?I don?t care what this Tamlin has you doing, you report to shuttlebay.?

?But Chief, I??

?No no? Marco waved his hand and placed it on the mans shoulder. ?No, no. Report to shuttlebay, you send Ensign Tamlin to me if there?s problem. And spread message, ya? No exceptions.?

Marco and the Bolian went their separate ways, Marco had a lot of work to do before the inspection.

OFF
Warrant Officer First Class Marco Tupalov
Chief Flight Control Officer
U.S.S Malinche

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:28 am

<Starbase 259, 1616, MD04>

Logan sat in the large sort chair slowly sipping the orange juice he had just replicated and watched, to the outside observer it might seem like he was looking out over the vast ship dock, but he wasn?t, he was instead watching the commander of the Malinche as she talked to a young security officer.

The look on her face when being informed about Jaran was priceless, he had to resist the urge to smile broadly at his handiwork, and while every security guard was searching ships due to depart for the assailant, he had the best plan for escape there was, right under the nose of the murdered officers former captain.

He took another sip and looked down at his PADD his new identity, new face and new transfer orders were contained within, it was these that made up his next assignment, to keep an eye on the goings on onboard the USS Malinche, to insure that any investigation was brushed aside and to keep an eye on its wayward CO.

He saw Kersare turn and follow the young officer, just as she was about to pass he rose from his seat quickly and spoke timidly, ?Um excuse me, are you Captain Kersare??

Isabel turned around towards the voice, "Yes, I'm Captain Kersare."

He extended his hand, ?I?m Ensign Logan, Simon Logan, I?ve just been assigned to your ship as a communications officer??

Another new crewmember...how unsurprising... She shook his hand and smiled, "Welcome aboard Ensign. When did you get your transfer orders, out of curiosity?"

He returned the smile, ?Late last night, I was here waiting for my next assignment, so this morning I packed my bags and thought I would head down here to take a look at my new assignment,? he glanced out the window towards the Malinche, ?she looks like a fine ship Ma?am.?

Isabel nodded, "Thank you Ensign. What was your last assignment?" In the back of her mind, she wondered just how many PADDs of transfer orders were stacked on her desk at this point...

?I was assigned to a research base called Triton, all the crew was recently rotated and needless to say I wasn?t keen to going back there so I put in for a transfer?

"Ah, Triton, I had heard something about that. Have you been waiting long?" She guessed at the least he hadn't been on the Mali yet.

?Not too long Ma?am, I was due some time off anyway, but I admit I was getting a little bored of staring at Starbases walls, anyway, I won?t keep you, I just wanted to introduce myself and say I look forward to serving with you.? He smiled.

Isabel returned the smile, "Not to worry Ensign, the main thing awaiting me is a stack of PADDs. Are your things already on board, or do you need to get them?"

?I still have to gather a few things and tie up some loose ends, but I should be ready to leave shortly.?

She nodded, "Very well. We've not received orders regarding our next mission yet, so we won't be leaving just yet. If you need anything, just ask."

?I will do, thank you Captain, I?ll see you again soon no doubt?

"Nice meeting you Ensign," she replied, nodding to him.

?Likewise Ma?am? He nodded back and watched as the captain left the lounge, as he turned to look out upon the Malinche a smirk crept across his face, ?Likewise??

OFF:

A JP by

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer

and introducing

Ensign Simon Logan
Communications Officer

played by
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:39 am

<Main shuttlebay, 1900 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche>

With the ship being stationary inside of a stabase undergoing repairs, there wasn't a whole lot for her to command up on the bridge at the moment. A bit dissappointing, yes, but neccesary she figured. It was a much better way to gradually work her way up to being a reliable command officer without being utterly overwhelmed.

For now, while things were quiet, she made her way and was standing in the flight control center over looking the shuttlebay. The work was certainly at the point that it could be considered done, with only a few minor things left to get accomplished. Particularly piles of debris still had to transported off the new deck plating, and the rest of the shuttle compliment had to be brought back for service. Not a whole lot to be picky about, she supposed. The work would likely be done by the next alpha shift, if not earlier.

Taking a long breath as a pair of uneasy petty officers pass through, she was starting to feel strained. She hadn't exactly gotten a whole lot of sleep these last couple days, and with all the emotional termoil centering around Jaran she never really was able to feel at ease with her surroundings. Not that it was all Jaran, mind you, as the attorneys on both sides of that bloodlesss war had done a number on her self-confidence and cheery attitude. This shift as the reigning command officer was just exacerbating things. Once the ship was underway, on its next mission, she'd hopefully be able to get away from the troubles of the past days and focus more on teh important things around her.

Assuming the next mission isn't a horrible diseaster...
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hunt
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:27 pm

<Starbase 259, Day 3, 2130>

Mason sat down and took a sip of the orange drink, ?With me never the replicated stuff, especially on a night such as this.? Replied Hunt handing his and her plate to the waiter. All that remained on the table was the two glasses half filled with the orange drink. Music began to play and the lights were turned down as the bar lounge singer had the spot light put on him as he began to sing.

?I know we were supposed to go and take in a few movies but perhaps you would care to dance?? asked Mason handing her his hand while hers was placing down her glass.

<Tag Rayne>

The song was called ?Moon Light cools? it was a slow song that just about everyone in the restaurant got up to dance to. Hunt hadn?t realized he had heard that song before until the notes began to repeat in his mind. ?Sara, I do hope I am not out of line when I say this but you are looking radiant tonight and?? paused Mason he felt he had to stop himself.

<Tag Rayne>

?I was thinking we could perhaps after the movies take a stroll out on the upper docking ring. From what I hear its very quiet and you can see the most distant stars in this system.? Asked Mason stopping to purchase a Spanish flower being sold as they exited the restaurant.

<Tag Rayne>

OFF: Tag Rayne JP?
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:18 am

<Fairbairn's Quarters, 2001 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche>

At least this time that doubt and worry had left Cameron?s mind. I mean, technically it was only their second date and technically they should both still be a little rusty at it but he found that he had confidence in her making an appearance after all they?d shared together just the previous night. Their little meeting in Science that day had sparked a real confidence in him. Just kissing her for a little while was bloody incredible and if he?d dare to say it to himself...well it could be love.

But that was still going to take time to determine. There was no way he could possibly convince himself of something when he wasn?t even quite sure how to define it and in all honesty emotions were not his strong point. Cam was a happy guy but that?s because patients wanted happiness. He just didn?t like being vulnerable. Shying her away with discussing only her had worked for a little while. He knew she?d want to hear more tonight. Sighing softly he lit the two candles on the little two-person table and smiled. He?d laid it out nicely. It wasn?t perfect but it sort of showed a little touch of romanticism. He wanted it to seem like he?d found the whole thing difficult, therefore making the tiny effort seem more meaningful. With a sharp smile he set his firelighter down and sat on the couch, crossing his legs.

Having just arrived from a meeting with Dr. Morientes on the starbase and reviewing his previous patient, Sarah Treala, he?d feel good to get some stress away. The courts martial had slid from his mind and all he had been able to focus on all day was Yrel. Thank God he?d finally get her all to himself for a while. He?d adjusted the lighting in his quarters and made sure the last of his belongings were beamed in. Including his piano and decorations, trying to make it look suave and interesting. He knew he really didn?t have to try and impress her, he knew he could just be himself. But sometimes the little things added some confidence. He still wore his teal undershirt but his jacket was slung across the back of his couch. All he had to do was wait.

Ironic as it was, Yrel was almost there. Unfortunately, she looked far less of the beautiful vixen she had been in the lab earlier in the day, or the night previous, for the double shift with the highlight of her first mark on the bridge as 2XO was exhausting. Her hair was a mess, and she had taken the lack of care to let the whole thing out as soon as she descended on the turbolift. She had removed her jacket in the corridors and wiped off the light moisture that had built around her brow. Initially, her first instinct was to head right back to her own quarters, take a shower, and put something more presentable to her new love prospect. But, the more she thought about it, the more she just figured that sooner or later Cameron would have to see the worn out dirty, not ?dirty?, version herself, so it might as well be now.

And she did indeed felt comfortable enough to think of the good doctor as a love prospect. He was the only one around that had taken the care to step up to her, despite what most men thought of as intimidating beauty. It was only a shame that in Yrel?s heart of hearts her top priority was still to become a mother than to find a lover, and husband. It?s that very fact that had Yrel plagued during the beta shift. She felt guilty leading Cameron on like this, messing with the intensity of his feelings when she was more after his semen than his heart.

She paused at the door, took a sigh for herself, and hit the chime.

Glancing up from his little trance he didn?t even bother telling her to come in. In one sweeping motion Cameron was up and at the door, hitting the button to open it. It slid back and revealed a very stressed looking Lieutenant Sovereign. He couldn?t help but offer that know-it-all smile. It was funny, seeing her look like command had taken a real swing at her. Despite the tired demeanour he still found her incredibly attractive. No sexy, he found desirable. He wanted to bring her in and tear her clothes off but knew that kind of thing just...wasn?t quite right yet. He leaned out and took her hand, leading her into his quarters but before she could speak he pushed head towards hers with a twist and offered her a very soft yet very passionate kiss, pulling it with a sigh of fulfilment.

?Hi there.? He murmured softly, a smile creasing on his lips again.

The kiss had brought a certain revitalisement with it, perking Yrel up a bit as he gave his greeting to her, pulling back but keeping close. She ran a hand through her hair, trying on a tired but ultimately happy smile on for him before tossing her jacket onto the couch like the place was her own.

?Miss me?? she asked surveying the quarters and the effort put on to create a romantic setting that had enough punch to it, regardless that it didn?t quite match up to the night before.

?Of course.? He said matter of factly as he allowed her to step by him and just try to feel more at home. ?I couldn?t stop thinking about you all day, Yrel; you?re like...like a drug.? There was a pause as he considered what he said and shrugged again as he moved to the replicator. ?But a good one. One that makes me feel far better.?

?That is,? she grinned, crossing her arms. ?At least until you?d have to go without me. Then, I?m sure, you?d go quite nuts.?

He smiled again and shook his head with a mock sense of disbelief. He still could hardly believe that his woman had simply walked into his life and in the space of three days could grip him so tightly. She was just extraordinary to him. He had a huge urge to take her clothes off again and get right back to where they left off that morning but knew fine well the talking and relaxing was just as important. ?So what do you fancy for dinner tonight?? He asked cheekily. ?I had a Scottish night planned where you could try our famous stovies, some Salmon cotton or smoked fish...maybe even haggis. If you dare that is.? A mischievous sparkle blinked in his blue eyes as he listed off the foods.

?Go easy on me, good sir,? she said before he tried to urge her through more dares of Scottish foods. ?I just came off of hard work, and I?d rather not cap the night with a mystery box of food.?

When she thought about what she had just said, she backtracked. It was almost perceptibly rude to have gone and insulted the guy on his native cuisine like it was poison.

?Uh, I mean,? she covered her backtrack with a playful giggle. ?Dinner?s only a piece of the highlights for the night, right? No need to go overboard. Something simple, but new would be fine.?

He smiled jokingly and stepped towards her, offering a slight kiss on the forehead. ?Honey, have whatever you want. I was really just kidding about the Scots cuisine thing, sheep intestines boiled in its own stomach and diced like mince isn?t really the most romantic way to start your night.? He chuckled slightly as he turned to the replicator and ordered to glasses of chardonnay then turned back to hand her a glass. ?But that doesn?t mean you get off completely. You WILL have to try it sometime.?

?Of course, of course,? she walked over to the table and took a seat, letting out a deep sigh and then a slow long sip of the wine, letting it draw away her aches and tiredness of the day for the ability to enjoy the night. ?Some steak fajitas would be nice right now, I think.?

Assuming her meal was pre-programmed into the replicator?s memory banks he ordered up and sure enough received two plates. One with garnished sauces and sour cream to add to the meal and of course one with the fajitas themselves. Thinking for a moment he decided to go for an older and lighter favourite of his own and asked for a bowl of Penne Carbonara. Extra parmesan too, of course, with a side of crusty Bajoran mulling bread to go with it. Slowly he lifted her meal over first, placing it in font of her and then returned and settled across the table with his own bowl of creamy pasta.

?Bon appetite...? He murmured with a smile. ?Guess you need it after running the Beta shift tonight.?

?Yeah,? she sighed again. ?Considering the mess that the Malinche is still in. Except now it?s not the repairs that?s the problem now, it?s the clean up and the disputes between the starbase personnel and ours. You?d probably be surprised how much petty squabbling goes on between those petty officers. Where?s a Chief of the Boat when ya need one, eh??

Cameron shrugged as he dipped a little of the thick bread into the pasta sauce on his bowl. He didn?t quite understand the whole procedure or formality of running a ship, only the basics he had picked up more than a decade ago when he entered the academy course. ?What more could you expect in all honesty?? He said through a light mouthful of bread. ?The kids that get through the ranks these days are all that we have to show for, they take the job far too seriously.?

?Yeah, really,? she rolled her eyes and looked down to her plate. The fajitas, luckily, came unconstructed in the familiar form of a fajita. Instead, the grilled meat and vegetables were still sizzling on a hot plate, while the tortillas, sauces, and various other little options were set around the centralised hot plate. She started off plain, taking a tortilla with a small spoonful of meat/vegetables and then added a bit of sour cream and guacamole. When wrapped tightly, she took an all too unladylike bite of the food and let out a long moan of pleasure. Mouth still partially filled with the fajita, she said, ?damn, this is so good!?

Grinning, Cam had another few fork-fills of pasta shovelled into his mouth and then sighed with a little drink of wine. ?Too bad I didn?t make it myself, eh? Now surely that would have REALLY impressed.? He did feel bad for not making the effort and cooking. Their first meal together had also been replicated and it didn?t really show much for himself did it? But if she was happy with what she had, he supposed he was happy too. ?So it was a hard night then? I mean, I take it you were busy?? He asked tentatively through his meal.

?Yes and no,? she replied after a moment of deliberation and the finishing of her current fajita. ?I?m sure it would have been worse if the ship was on its own. Being docked limits most of the weight thrown onto the commanding shift officer?s shoulders. I made my way around to the shuttlebay and saucer?s engineering for a bit.?

She took another fajita and this time went to town. A healthy load of meat/vegetables went into the base, followed by moderated spoons of rice, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and fried nacho strips. It looked like it could very well load Yrel up another ten pounds on her slender waistline, but she never showed any concern in front of her date. Instead, she took a small bite out of the open end and let the taste excite her tongue for a few seconds.

?Any more cases of spontaneous illness in the face of back-to-duty??

Cam continued to shove pasta slowly into his mouth, he hadn?t eaten at all today and the thought had only just occurred to him right there and then. He was going to make sure he didn?t leave any of the bloody stuff lying in that bowl. He cleared his throat slightly and moved back onto the dipping bread as he spoke. ?Three cases of the common flu, only one was genuine. Funnily enough all crewmembers worked in the same department together so it seems that the excuse was plausible. Senior NCO?s too, people that should know better.? He sighed with irritance. ?On the other hand I managed to work my way into picking an assistant staffer. Doctor Quarterstaff. She?s young but she?s overqualified and she could use the experience.? He said before taking another sip of wine.

?That she?ll get, I?m sure,? Yrel smiled. ?At least if that last mission was any indication of what it?s like to be on the Mali.?

With half the loaded fajita safely consume by the reckless woman, she took to the idea of sharing her taste sensations. She offered out the fajita with a kind smile on her face. ?Wanna try some??

?Course I do.? He said with a pretend pout, leaning over to take a bit of the tasty looking wrapped meal. He?d never really tried any Mexican stuff before in his life and the idea just hadn?t occurred to him at all.

?Ah, come on. I?m sure you?ll like it. It looks like shit at first,? she said and without realising it flicked her wrist every so slightly, sending a small shot of sour cream over the table and impacting on Cameron?s cheek. She tried not to laugh out loud at the instantaneous reaction.

?I am?so sorry,? she said, not nearly as convincing as it should have been. ?Here, lemme??

Yrel got up from her seat and made her way over to Cameron, pressing his hand down as he tried to whipe the sour cream off with a napkin. Instead, Yrel?s lips had removed the substance from his cheek, while caught in a mischievous smile.

?All better.?

There was a pause as the two stared at each other, a sneaking smile spreading across his face, his blue eyes lightening ever so slightly. With a soft lunge he grabbed her by the waste and pulled her onto his lap just like they had done on their very first encounter. With that they kissed, very deeply and very passionately ? lips locking harder and faster than their greeting.

The fajitas long forgotten, Yrel tried not to let her desires get the best of her. It would be too easy to let this become a moment of hot sex on the dinner table, even though it was what they both wanted instinctively. What Yrel was trying to hold onto was the savouring of the pleasure, to make it last as long as possible.

But her thoughts in that regard were completely thrown out the window when Cameron feverently discarded Yrel?s uniform shirt to the floor and unzipped his pants. They locked again, and Yrel struggled out of it, breathing as heavy as her heart compelled her to breath.

?Too fast again??

Swallowing and slowing down breathlessly he nodded. It was. It was far too fast this time, he didn?t want to be gripped by a sense of drunken desire and unsure of himself. Firstly he kicked his boots off then slowly he lowered his uniform pants to the ground and hauled his teal medical tunic off, dropping both to the floor. It left him in just his undergarment shorts that Starfleet had issued to him. They didn?t exactly reek of sex appeal but at least she could see his body in full view before the passion became action.

Yrel admired his body for a moment, while his hands took their time and slowly caressed their way along her skin, perhaps in effort to find some soft spot to use as a means to excite her and make the moment that much more pleasurable. But they cut their time short, and turned to the removal off her pants and boots as she kept firmly mounted in his lap and locked lips again. It was this kiss, the first since their meeting, which had been the longest and wettest yet. Yrel being the aggressor, she plunged her tongue into his mouth and toyed around with his timid counterpart, trying to draw him into playful action. There was eventually a response, if a little slow.

With her pants and boots gone, she was as stripped as he was, and they held themselves at the forehead, breathing heavily and glaring down at the others physique, letting just that pure superficialness attract them into the passion more now than ever.

As she kissed him he began finding himself again, no longer battling nerves to be able to touch her the way he really wanted to. Slowly he traced his grip from the small of her back to the hook of her bra and unclipped it, slipping it off and breaking the kiss for a moment to slip it down her arms and onto the floor. Then with his strong hands he held her by her thighs and lifted her ? still kissing her neck and breast line ? over and through to his bedroom, flopping her down onto the bed and pressing into her as he kissed from her neck down over her chest to her stomach.

This time, neither of them wanted to night to end as fast as it had before. They both wanted to pursue the pleasure, keep locked in its addictive grasps as they expelled their energy to feel and give the feeling of pleasure. The movements were slower, more carefully drawn out to maximise the results it gave. Yrel was committed to not let Cameron tire himself to sleep, and by the response of her taking over from now and then she knew he was determined to give a better of what he had in him than before.

But the end of night, once it was all over and both with cuddling the other with the inevitable sleep bearing down on them, they stared deep into the others eyes and smiled.

?Good night, my love.?

OFF:
JP by

Dr. Cameron Fairbarn
CMO
USS Malinche

and
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:43 am

ON: Starbase 259. 17:05. Day 4.

Marco walked down the corridor that still reeked of burned flesh. Further down, a hundred metres or so, he could see several people milling about doing one thing or another; talking and using PaDDs, tricorders and other devices Marco didn?t recognise.

In the middle of it all, Marco could see the body, partly unrecognisable at this distance, it was hidden partially by sets of legs. He approached slowly, his eyes not moving from where they were locked on to the body. A security guard with a rifle stepped towards him.

?I?m sorry Chief, this area is restricted.?

Marco checked the mans rank. ?Yes sir? he replied, nodding to the man half his age. ?Fact finding for Keptin Kersare.?

?Captain Kersare?? the officer repeated. ?Go on through.?

?Thank you sir? the Russian Chief replied softly. ?Will you tell me what happened please??

Marco was in the middle of a mix of emotion, he had managed to find out a little of what this Jaran guy had done and was angry at him, he was a traitor and deserved to die that was sure, but they were such easy words that easy to choke on when a body was put in front of you. In many ways, he felt sorry for the man, he could see from the body ? an extremely deep and scorched wound to the upper chest, bad burns to the left side of the face and head, the only remaining eye locked wide open and the face, Marco gagged at the face, this sick burnt thing, locked in an eternal scream with that mouth that hung open still. ?Good god? Marco said, placing a hand over his mouth. ?Can nobody put something over his face, no??

?Sorry, murder scene? the guard answered softly, his composure clearly indicated he was no more pleased to see the body than Marco was. The guard stepped to the corner and pointed. ?Shot came from down there, out of view ? eyewitness report suggests it was a Starfleet Compression Rifle, shot came from the right and struck the target, it was a bad angle and the pulse part burned into the chest and part ricocheted off, severely burning the targets face in the process and coming to final dispersal about here? he finished, pointing to the mottled charring of the wall panel to what would have been Jarans left.

Marco shook his head sombrely. ?Horrible way to die, can?t have been quick.?

?Apparently not, no.? was the reply. ?We also found a discarded compression rifle, which would seem to back up the witness statement.?

?I see? Marco began to ponder. ?So I presume that with it you can get fingerprints? DNA??

?We already have Chief? the guard said, indicating they should walk back down the corridor, which they did. ?And that?s the odd thing, the rifle is showing recent handling of a lot more than one person, in fact according to the preliminary analysis it was handled by more people than the killer in the hour prior to its last discharge.?

?How many, exactly?? Marco enquired.

?Not sure exactly, but the rough number is somewhere in the region of six and a half million distinct individual DNA come fingerprint signatures on that rifle.?

?What?!? Marco exclaimed, surely he had heard wrong.

?I know? the guard answered, baffled looking. ?Station Security Chief says it might be some kind of device that stores DNA and has exposed itself to the rifles metal ? possible I guess but it?s a long shot.?

?Longer a shot than millions of people holding a rifle in an hour?ya..?? The Chief shook his head in frustration.

?There?s something else as well, and since you?re here for Kersare I?ll give it to you.?

?What is it?? Marco asked as the officer produced a PaDD and handed it over.

?No idea Chief, it?s encrypted. Addressed to Captain Kersare only, guess she?ll have the code.?

?Well where did it come from sir?? Marco asked again, examining the PaDD as though it might reveal a clue.

?Part of the initial team went into the Lieutenants quarters to secure and seal them, on the console in there was a flashing message addressed to Captain Kersare ? don?t know how it got there, or why. There was a separate unencrypted message though, also for Kersare, it was just on display ? it had images of the Lieutenants faith ear ring, some religious books he owned, erm? a red arm band and a prayer stone, big thing it is too.?

Marco frowned, wondering what it meant.

?It had the words, ?Property of Captain Kersare? above the images.?

?Some kind of will maybe?? Marco suggested.

?Possibly, but how? He died without going into his quarters since the day he escaped.?

Marco frowned, trying to work that one out. ?Anyway, is that message on here too??

?Yes, we?ve loaded it into a separate message on the PaDD.?

?Ok? Marco replied. ?I?ll get this to her, thank you sir.?

The officer nodded and turned around to walk back to the crime scene, Marco went off to get changed and prepare himself, he could give the message to Kersare at the inspection, he was now a very confused man.

OFF
U.S.S Malinche

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:45 am

ON: Main Shuttlebay. 2040. Day 4.

Marco stormed into the main shuttlebay, he thoroughly hated his dress number 2?s and it showed on his face. He carried his 3ft staff clutched in his right hand and made straight for the modest podium.

The shuttles had been put into a crescent shape with their backs to the main bay doors, in front of each were their torpedo complements, phaser coils, and displayed neatly were the contents of each technical and medical kit, personal weapons, emergency ration kits and some other new fangled stuff that Marco didn?t really recognise. Either side of the shuttles noses stood their two pilots and two navs?. Marco stepped up to the podium and took a good long look at the lines of crew ? 9 long lines of rankers, with each line separated by another line of 7 or eight section commanders, all of them Petty Officers. Marco was impressed truth be told.

?Listen up? he called, and the chatter died down, all eyes were on him. ?Very shortly the Keptin will come through those doors and ask me if you raggedy scrotes are ready for inspection.? He looked from face to face. ?I will of course tell her you are, and so god help your souls if you show me up for a liar.?

Marco paused a moment and tried to look at everyone, making sure they were indeed ready. ?But? he started again, ?it is your section commanders who will bear the brunt of any fuck ups you show now.? There were some uneasy looks. ?Know now. For every amount of pain your section commanders will go through on your behalf, you will receive the equivalent in luxury.? It was a classic method of discipline, no bugger in Starfleet wanted that; to be given an easy time whilst your section commander was beasted and blitzed to pieces on your behalf. ?Remember this also. Not pressed trousers, or dirty boots, all of these are same as not disarming torpedo safeties, or forgetting that plasma injector is malfunctioning?bang it goes and your friend, he dies.

?Discipline everyone. Self discipline, meticulousness, have this and you will save lives, neglect them and you will kill people.?

Marco stepped down and stood by the side of the podium waiting the Captain, his mind was on the PaDD in his hand now, what did it contain, and why was it encrypted for Kersare only?

OFF
U.S.S Malinche

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:35 am

<<Malinche Shuttlebay, 2100, Day 4>>

Marco became aware that the PaDD in his hand became suddenly heavier, it didn't of course, but it potentially carried the weight of the world for the Captain. Only Jaran knew what was on it. He looked towards the guards standing either side of the door and took one quick second to check the ranks for the last time, everyone was there in number 2's, rifles gleaming. He nodded and one of the guards pressed the door release. The doors swished open and Kersare walked in. "To attention" Marco barked and the lines of men
and women all quickly shuffled into a rigid position, rifles at the left shoulder and medals shining brightly.

Isabel entered the room to begin her very first Inspection. Rather than smiling at the lines of men of women, she kept a straight face and walked directly to Marco. She spoke to him, while her gaze remained on the crewmembers, "Ready for Inspection, Chief?"

His eyes darted along the lines. "Ready Keptin." Marco wheeled around on the spot and kept his body rigid as he almost screamed at them. "Malinche. Prepare. For Inspection!" They didn't move a nanometer, but several became visbly more nervous, all were perspiring. He took his staff out from under his arm nodded to the first line. "Keptin" he said softly.

She nodded and moved towards the first line. Slowing down, Isabel stopped in front of the first in line. Slowly her eyes moved from head to toe, then paused. "Crewman, is this a scuff mark on your boot?" Her eyes raised to look at him.

A brief flash of panic seemed to wash over the young man's face, "I just polished them this morning ma'am."

"That wasn't what I asked you, try again Crewman!"

Marco practically leaped on the crewman, he shoved his nose next to the poor sods ear, the side away from Kersare. "Suggest you fucking answer the Keptin properly you miserable piece of worm food" he snarled at the man.

His eyes widened, "Yes ma'am, that is a scuff mark! It will never happen again ma'am!"

Marco glared into the mans eyes. "Boots, off, now!" the crewman quickly obeyed and handed over his boots to Marco who lobbed them over the heads of the others towards the back of the ranks. "When you can look after your kit you will have them back" he said quickly before nodding to Kersare.

Isabel continued down the line, looking carefully over the next three before stopping in front of a young female crewman recruit. The young woman sucked in her breath as Isabel said, "Crewman! What's all this hair doing here? Don't you know what regulations are?"

"I...I...It..."

Marco again shoved his nose next to then opposing ear of the Captain. "Unless you want to look like a Deltan you will answer the Keptin!" he once again snarled, although less harshly, she was rather attractive.

"It's still damp, ma'am. I was in the shower when the Inspection announcement was made. Yes ma'am, I know regulations. It'll be within regulations from now on," she replied quickly, avoiding Marco's and Isabel's gazes.

Marco briefly imagined the young woman in the shower, older as he was, he was still a bloke. He nodded to the Captain. "Report to the gym, and don't come out for five hours, I will know" he said to the girl, who promptly hurried away.

Continuing on, Isabel started past the next person in line, a Bajoran, as she reached the next person, she suddenly moved back and stopped in front of the Bajoran. "What is this?"

"Ma'am?"

"What is this in your ear?" She raised an eyebrow.

"It's an earring, ma'am," he replied matter-of-factly.

Marco.s eyes shot wide open. "YOU! Show more respect for your Keptin! Piss off! Out of my sight! Go stand by the bay doors and face them!" The guy started walking and Marco was hot on his tail, forcing him into a run screaming "Move it!" whilst poking him in the back with his staff. Once the crewman disappeared behind a shuttle, Marco was quickly at Kersare's side again.

After inspecting the rather nervous crewmembers, Isabel headed over to the first shuttle. The shuttle itself seemed to be in good condition, a plus for the two men standing at the end of the nose. She looked down at the medical and engineering kits, their contents displayed neatly on the floor. Her eyes darted up to the pilot, "What's this rat's nest? How do you expect to find anything in that mess?"

Marco glanced down, it was perfectly in order, nothing wrong with the bloody thing. Marco slowly stepped closer to the pilot and leaned closer, staring at him, glaring deep into his eyes but not saying a word.

Never moving his eyes, the pilot replied, "We did our best to put it in order, ma'am."

"I don't think your best was good enough son" Marco threatened, menacingly. "Keptin?" he asked, disguised as a friendly gesture to the CO, the sole purpose was to let her discipline the lad, it would impress upon the rankers that Marco's word was as good as the Captain's, even though it wasn't, but they didn't need to know that, nor did Kersare need to know he was DOING that.

Isabel raised an eyebrow, "Seems you didn't try hard enough. Fifty laps around the shuttlebay, now! Next time it'll be fifty around the whole ship!"

Marco smirked and looked at Kersare, turning his smirk into a wide grin. He lowered his head to Kersare and gestured down the rest of the line of shuttles, making no effort of hiding that he found it funny that the rest of the flight crews were looking sickeningly worried, with eyes moving from left to right as they all tracked the pilot making laps.

She walked slowly past the pairs of flight crew, noting how worried they looked. At the next to last crew, she stopped and saw them swallow hard. "What is this?" They stood still, waiting for her to continue. Isabel began again, "Is this dirt on my shuttle?"

"Ma'am, we just went over the shuttles this morning and they were in pristine condition," the pilot offered.

Isabel looked over at Marco, "Chief, does this look pristine to you?"

Marco nodded once and took two giant strides over to where the Captain was pointing, true to their word it was pristine and nearly gleaming. "Pilot" he said, dangerously, before the end of his staff found the underside of the guys chin. "You have 30 seconds to point to the dirt on this shuttle or so help me..." Another classic tactic, teaches them to always assume something is wrong.

The pilot's eyes went wide as he turned and desperately looked for some kind of spot or smudge or...anything... Feeling the pressure, he quickly pointed to a spot, "Here sir, here it is."

Marco delivered a swift, sharp - but not over the line - slap to the back of the mans' head. He shook his own head in disbelief. "Well you better clean it off then" he offered.

"Yes sir!"

"While you're at it, why don't you clean all the shuttles, inside and out, with the smallest tools you can find," Isabel suggested, warming up to the role.

"I believe the Chief Medical Officer will be able to provide you with some precision cleaning devices" Marco suggested with an arrogant tone. He turned back to Kersare. "Keptin, shall we?" He guestured to the last shuttle.

Isabel didn't even glance at the last shuttle and continued on.

OFF: JP part 1 by:

Chief Petty Officer Marco Tupalov
Chief of the Boat/Chief Aux Pilot

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 am

<<Malinche Shuttlebay, 2205, Day 4>>

The inspection concluded, Isabel stood in front of them, ready to give her speech. Her eyes moved over all of them slowly as she began, "Today you have all made me proud. This is the first major inspection you've gone through on the Malinche and you have done well. It's been too long since we've had a Chief of the Boat and I'm honored to say that that has now been remedied with the arrival of Chief Petty Officer Marco Tupalov. He has a great deal of experience and brings an expertise to the Malinche that will be of the
greatest benefit to us. I expect all of you to listen to him and carry out his orders to the letter. What he says goes. Learn from him, respect him."

"You have the opportunity to serve on one of the most advanced starships in the Fleet. Without you and your dedication this ship would not be running as smoothly as it has been for the past nearly three years. I expect your attention to detail, high standards, and spectacular work ethic to continue. You have impressed me and I am proud to say that I am your Captain. Godspeed," she finished.

Marco stepped forward and clapped, the others copied his gesture until he stamped his right foot. "All ranks, to attention!" He called. Although no order had been given otherwise, people generally slouched slightly after standing for so long, and there was no shortage of people who suddenly stood much taller and stiffer.
"Keptin Kersare" he said to her, indicating they should leave.

She nodded and turned to leave the shuttlebay, with a last wave to the crew. The doors swished closed behind herself and Marco.

"I think that went well Keptin" he said, genuinely pleased. "And don't worry, I won't make that fellow walk around for more than a day or two without shoes, and I'll dismiss the crewman by the bay door in time to be clear of the next departing or arriving shuttle" he continued, with a rarely genuine smile.

Isabel smiled and chuckled, "I'm sure they'll appreciate that."

"Yes Keptin? Marco could feel the tension oozing off of him, he wanted to mention the contents of the PaDD, but couldn?t bring himself to it. ?What are your thoughts, if I may ask??

She quirked an eyebrow, "I think the inspection went rather well. A few fairly minor offenses and enough fabricated ones to keep them on their toes. Considering they've never been through one while aboard the Malinche and the short notice, they did well. They're a good group and I've no doubt they'll respect and follow you."

Marco nodded, considering the information for a moment. ?Yes Keptin, I suppose that given they?ve not had one on Malinche before, they did well. I will be sure to additionally convey your thoughts to them.? He sighed, briefly, ?Keptin...? he started, realising he couldn?t find the next words, this Jaran guy was clearly important to Kersare.

"Yes?" She looked at Marco, wondering what was on his mind.

He faltered again. ?Keptin, I...um..? He looked away, not quite sure how to approach the subject. ?Leftenant Jaran? he said.

She didn't really know what to think...wasn't sure what more Marco would know. "Go on."

?Keptin I found out for you what heppened...I?m afraid to report that the Leftenent suffered in his death, and that his killer is still on the loose. The murder weapon was found, but it provides no links to his killer. And..? Marco fumbled with the PaDD in his hand.

Isabel blinked at the news; she'd hoped that Jaran hadn't suffered, but that hope was dashed out. Her eyes went to the PADD, but she remained silent, shocked, waiting for him to finish.

He handed the PaDD over, sensing that she had clocked it. ?It contains a will, or something Keptin, a list of images implying you are the owner. And an encrypted messaged from the Leftenant also. It is unclear how he was able to provide this message, since he was dead at the time it was recovered.?

The PADD felt heavy in her hand, though it was probably more the burden of the knowledge than the PADD itself. "He knew. He knew they wouldn't let him live; one way or the other he was going to die," she said quietly, her eyes intent on the PADD. Isabel steeled herself, not allowing herself to get upset, not here, not now. She looked up at Marco, "Thank you Chief. I appreciate that you took the time to look into it for me."

Marco stopped and turned to Kersare. ?Truth be told Keptin...I wanted only to see how the bastard died, but...? he shook his head, the image of that face still fresh in his mind, ?nobody deserves that."

She simply nodded, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them again. "Did you find out anything else?"

?Somebody used some fancy gizmo on the rifle that killed him, millions of DNA samples on it, all from within an hour of its discharge? He shook his head. ?Sounds like a Spec Ops job to me Keptin, though I can?t understand why.?

"I doubt we'll ever really know... The only thing we do know is they didn't want him alive," Isabel shook her head. If it was Spec Ops, she was sure they'd never find out the real reasons. It could be they were worried about how much Jaran would disclose, or...who knew.

?You mean there may be an actual reason?? Marco enquired, shocked somewhat. ?Why would they be interested in the Leftenant?

Isabel looked at Marco, "Jaran wasn't simply a pilot. He had other training as well...other missions. Most are classified, but I know it haunted him."

Marco was really surprised. ?Oh...I see.? He considered that for a moment. ?I understand Keptin.? At least another level of the man had been revealed to Marco now, those Spec Ops were all nutters, the lot of them. ?Keptin, is there anything you would like to discuss with myself concerning the ranks?? he asked, sensing that he probably still had a shuttlebay of crew to sort out.

His new question snapped her mind back to her duties, "No, Chief, I'm sure you have it under control."

?Excellent, thank you Keptin? he stood to attention.

"Thank you, Chief. I'll let you get on with your work, dismissed," she replied, nodding to him. Isabel wasn't entirely sure if he expected a salute, but it wasn't really her style, so she stuck with the nod.

Marco nodded back to her and wheeled around, marching away and back towards the shuttlebay, where hell was waiting to be set loose from its leash...

OFF: JP part 2 (conclusion) brought to you by:

Chief Petty Officer Marco Tupalov
Chief of the Boat/Chief Aux Pilot

and
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A