Blood and Iron

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Peters
Senior Staff

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:07 pm

ON: <Main Engineering, 1000 hours, Day 4>

Peters pressed his thumb to the reader to sign off on the repair report. He then looked up as the computer processed and saw Akios walking towards him. "Good Morning, Ensign. I ran some scans after speaking with you last night... the results were interesting, but inconclusive."

"Good morning, sir. To be honest, I'm not sure whether I wanted you to find anything concrete. I'm really beginning to think I was just overreacting." Akios fluffed his wings slightly, a nervous gesture. "Last night I even set a monitor program to watch the normal computer checks on potentially vulnerable systems overnight, and to log any abnormalities, but I haven't checked it yet. If there's anything real to be concerned about, something should show up in that log. I did a lot of theorizing on how a device intended to irradiate part of the shuttle bay could cause a component failure up on the bridge while staying hidden from sensors. I came up with a theory, but it's kind of wild. It would require the saboteurs to more sophisticated than I'd like to think about." He realized he was running on at the beak. He hadn't been this nervous since his first posting.

Peters nodded. "Alright, let's hear what you've got."

Akios respected Lt. Peters' willingness to listen. He just hoped he wasn't setting himself up to look like a fool to the CEO.

"Two days ago, when we first detected unusual energy readings in the shuttle bay, I wasn't able to track down the source. The readings were low enough that they didn't show up clearly on regular sensors, and even with a Science tricorder I wasn't able to localize it.

"There was a Security report about the same time stating that they were looking for an emissions source that might have been deliberately planted near the shuttle bay. I don't know if they found anything, but if what I've noticed is evidence of sabotage, then there might be more than one emitter on the ship.

"It might be that there's actually more than one source of the particles, and that what I was picking up was a local peak in the interference pattern generated by those multiple sources."

Peters considered what Akios was saying very carefully. He had no problem believing that something like this could be done. The questions would be, who would do it... and why. "Multiple sources? Why would they go to that level of effort?"

"Each emitter would generate a particle field too low for our sensors to detect, but together they'd create a pattern of high-intensity localized peaks. By controlling the relative phase of each emitter, the location of the hot spots could be controlled. If you had our sensor scan frequency, you could even modulate the emitters to evade scans."

"However, if Security found one of the emitters and disabled it, it could in theory alter the interference pattern in ways the saboteurs didn't expect. Hot spots could show up anywhere on the ship, and still be invisible to internal sensors."

"Alright, You've got my attention, Ensign. So how do you propose we go about finding and disabling these devices?" Peters had to admit to himself that the man/bird was brilliant. Peters would have never thought of something like that with so little evidence to work with.

Akios wasn't sure whether to be more worried that Peters was taking his theories seriously, or that his theories might actually be correct. "Well, I need to check that log to see if there's evidence of continued particle emissions on the ship. I'd like to check the shuttles as well, since they were located close to the first readings."

"Last night I was thinking of programming internal sensors to run staggered sweeps using random remodulations, but if the technology we're looking for is sophisticated, it might detect that and shut itself down. What we need is a way to scan the interior of the ship in ways that Malinche ordinarily wouldn't be able to do."

"But first, I'd suggest checking with Security and finding out whether they did locate an emitter. A piece of physical hardware in our hands would go a long way towards letting us find the rest, if there are any others."

"Something else that might work would be a passive external scan of the ship. The technology might be able to evade our internal scans, it might even be able to adapt if we remodulate our sensors, but a passive scan from outside the ship would eliminate the holes that it's currently hiding in. The starbase should be able to help us with that."

Akios paused, and shrugged in a human manner. "I'm sorry, sir. It must sound to you like I'm building a huge house of cards. I was a writer before I became a Starfleet Engineer. Being able to spin out wild theories is sometimes useful, but sometimes I just get carried away."

Peters smiled. "I was wondering where all that creative thinking was coming from. Still, I'd rather spend a few hours chasing a ghost than ignore it and find out later there WAS sabotage. So, let's check that log of yours, and then we'll check the shuttles."

OFF: Much delayed and not as long as it could have been... but we decided we should cut it off here rather than further delay.

A JP With:

Ensign Turuas'ta Akios
Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:08 pm

<<Observation Lounge - USS Malinche, 0102 MD05>>

The Doctor slowly walked into the observation lounge, blinking in the sullen light as he took in the sight before him, noticing another body there. It took only a second to recognise Isabel Kersare's form perched on a chair and gazing out of the window. She seemed not to have noticed his entrance - or perhaps she had and decided not to say anything. He wasn't sure either way but the tired and heavy set look on her face said it all. It had been a fairly long time since they had last been considered close friends apart from the odd communiqu?s whenever it was possible. He proffered a soft smile on his features and stepped quietly towards the chair at the far end of the table, leaning against it with ease. "A penny for your thoughts?" He asked softly, trying to stir her only slightly from the trance she appeared to be in.

Isabel blinked and looked up to see Cameron standing close by. Distracted as she was, she hadn't noticed him arrive. She smirked, "Too early in the morning for thoughts."

He sat down in the seat, effectively it was her seat during any mission briefing but he didn't notice a twinge of complaint in her eyes. "Too early in the morning for anything, in all honesty." He sighed, still smiling. "But let's be honest sometimes sleep can be difficult to find. Particularly when the mind's working on overdrive. What's eating you, Isabel?"

"What isn't eating me? Between the accusations at the trial, the whole ship being divided about Jaran, losing and gaining crew in the blink of an eye, finding out Jaran's dead..." She shook her head. "A bit much for one day."

Cam furrowed his brow. "Dead?" He murmured in question. Now it was his turn to find himself chewed on having just heard this news of the Bajoran officer's passing. He had staved off questions in the early morning about his testimoney at the trial but nothing had reached him off the man's death. "How did he die?"

Isabel sighed, "On the way to the transport that was to take him to Earth. The corridors were supposedly empty, but someone must've gotten in. He was shot, murdered."

"That's the first I've heard of it. Are they certain it was murder?" Giving the man's past, the doctor was unsure if he could put the death down to pure homicide.

"With all the people wanting him to get a death sentence, I don't see how it couldn't be murder. The person certainly didn't sneak into a secured corridor and shoot Jaran just for the hell of it," she replied.

"You wouldn't consider it to be suicide?" Cam asked one last time, realising he was letting his own curiosity stem his care for his friend.

"No. Jaran wouldn't do that, and besides, they could've said in the report that it was suicide, but they didn't. If it was suicide, they would've said so and could have easily said so anyway to cover it up, but didn't." She couldn't help but think that it wasn't Jaran's time to die, and her eyes drifted down to the PADD and then back to Cameron. She was a bit surprised he'd think it could be suicide, honestly.

He shrugged in response and glanced out of the window, then back toward her. It was time to drop suspiscions and expectations. "Were you both close with one another? Or are we looking at that guilt you tend to pick up on your travels?" He asked tentatively, but smiling to show it was a polite joke. Isa had always been too good natured sometimes.

Isabel paused, considering the question, "Jaran and I had...an understanding. A respect." It was difficult to explain it really, so she stopped trying.

He quickly noted he was pushing her boundaries a little then smiled. "As insane as it sounds, and forgive me Isa, but maybe in the end it was all just...worthwhile. Maybe we were all winners. Particularly him. I don't think we could have cured him. I don't even think we could have made him more comfortable. This might have been what was really needed to just finished it all in the end, and as unfair as it is well it's settled a quietening dispute between us all. I know you just need to try and move on from it all."

Isabel shook her head, she couldn't accept that. "Jaran, despite what he did, did not deserve to be killed, especially like that. I still feel there was hope for him - there was a goodness in him, deep down." She took a breath, then continued, "It hasn't settled the dispute at all...some feel that justice was served by Jaran being killed, others feel that killing is killing no matter what and it isn't right."

"The point is that it's been done and it's passed. We all suffer losses including those of us who are lost and Jaran is now gone. That's the bottom line and from here on we must make the best of what we can. As unsettling as it was..." The words were harsh but said softly as a comfort or a side of encouragement. He had said the exact same thing to her just a few years ago. Of course back then it had been a different name he had used.

She sighed, still unsettled. Setting the PADD on the table, she decided to change the subject, "What's on your mind this early in the morning?"

There was a pause as he took her features in, then a sigh bordering a laugh escaped his lips and he glanced out the window with embarassment. "There's a woman sleeping in my bed as we can speak. And I don't know...I just couldn't get my mind to relax."

"A woman hmm? I must really be out of the loop...who is she?" Isabel quirked an eyebrow.

He smiled and looked at her, feeling himself blush slightly. It wasn't like Dr. Fairbairn had ever been known as that guy that met women on starships. Or whatever the word for that was these days. "Um...Lieutenant Sovereign." He said with less dignity than he would have liked.

"Ah, Yrel," Isabel smiled. "At least she's remaining on the ship. I take it this came about since we've been on the station?"

Cam nodded. "Aye, it was very...random. She just appeared in the mess hall one day when I was having a coffee. We hit it off. Tonight was technically our second date together but we've seen each other on and off in between."

She nodded, "I hope things work out for the two of you. Probably a good sign if you've already had two dates though." Isabel offered a smile.

He smiled and looked away again. "She's fantastic. Well so far she's been fantastic. I keep waiting on it all to go wrong again just like it did with Rebecca years ago -" He cut himself short and then turned back to her. "I had a favour to ask, by the way."

"Try to be optimistic," she said. "What favor?"

"I have a young woman working in my department. Doctor - well ENSIGN Quarterstaff. She's one of our more senior medical officers on staff and I'd quite like to see her position forwarded." He shrugged slightly. "Since Saunders-O'Dell left it'd make sense to have someone else take her place so if you'll have it I'm recommending Ensign Quarterstaff for promotion to Assistant Chief of Medicine."

Isabel considered his request. While she hadn't had much contact with Lynn, Isabel also understood she was doing well. She nodded to Cameron, "Alright, let's try it for this next mission and see how things go."

"Great, cheers Isa." Cam said as he tried to bring the friendly approach and remind both of them of who they were. And with that he stood up. "Suppose we should both try and get some rest then, eh? I'll see you tomorrow morning."

She nodded, "Goodnight Cameron."

JP by:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche-
NCC-38897-B

AND
Doctor (Lt.) Cameron Fairbairn
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:10 pm

ON:
<< Enlisted Mess, 0047, Day 5>>

Marco slowly moved down the corridors in the bowels of the Malinche. He noticed, but was not surprised with Malinche being a warship, that enlisted quarters were dotted all over the place. He?d review the odd cluster occasionally, and found that they were arranged in some stupid form ? alphabetically.

It was certainly easier to just arrange quarters by allocating the next free one to the next letter ? and he was sure to a toot that it was an officer that had arranged it, doubtlessly a one-pip-wonder trying to get credit for his ?rather spiffing? system that he designed all by his merry bloody wonderful self.

What it wasn?t though, was useful at all, in any way. Engineers shared with pilots, security staff shared with science crew ? it was utterly ridiculous. One of the first things he was going to do, and he wished he?d worked it out earlier when everyone was awake at the inspection, was to rotate quarters. The small clusters of quarters that were further remote from the others would go to medics and damage control teams ? for the main bulk of the quarters, aft would go to engineers and shuttle staff, everything else would go fore ? departments would share with their same department, this was especially important in his view for science and medical as it encouraged profession related discussions, which in turn often lead to increased enthusiasm and for those two departments sometimes even new practices, a fresh idea, that eureka moment ? it even saved lives. Security to chuff eachother to the nuts about their glory stories and pilots could dare eachother to perform this twist or that swing ? the SNCO?s of course would be segregated too, and he was going to petition for an SNCO?s mess to be allocated ? that too was important, to allow the Seniors a space to cool off, wind down, and bitch about their work crews.

Marco rubbed his eyes as he stepped into the enlisted mess, he was keen for a coffee before he went back to his quarters, he had a mountain of paperwork to do still. In front of him as he stepped through the doors was a dividing wall ? Marco smiled ? two thin walls in an L shape at the doors, it created a short ?corridor? into the enlisted mess in true naval tradition. The purpose being that there would always be someone to sit in the, yep Marco clocked it, one chair that could see into the corridor and it would allow that person to give the room those vital extra seconds to shove the booze under the table, the money in the pockets and whatever else to be shoved out of sight before an entering SNCO saw any of it.

The chair was empty though, hardly surprising for this time of night, and so when the laughter of no more than five or six voices masked his entrance there was nobody there to give him away.

?Yeah but you gotta admit, I mean it?s likely though aint it?? a male voice asked.

?Doubt it Stiches? came a female reply

?No no no seriously, it could happen ? I can?t say too much obviously, but there are some reports of engagements further out? another male said.

?Well this time we?d be on our own, that?s for sure ? Klingon bastards can?t do shit these days can they?? this deep male voice elicited a short chuckle.

The original voice reclaimed the conversation ?Yeah but what about the Romulans? Still have them though right??

?Don?t be so sure?

?What do you mean??

Marco listen intently, curious as to what they were talking about.

?Well they got no reason to this time have they??

?Like they had one last time??

?Sure they did, they could see which way the wind was blowing? There was a pause. ?I mean come on, couldn?t you? Federation occupied, Klingon Empire destroyed, they?d have been surrounded.?

?Yeah but that?s just speculation, and chance, Romulans don?t do anything by chance, trust me?

?What you suggesting then??

?Well you must have heard the rumours, most people have, about Sisko and that senator.?

Another pause filled the air and Marcos eyebrows raised as he listened.

?Go on?? the female voice urged the deep one.

?Well?rumour is Sisko tricked that Senator, Vreenak or something, or tried to at least, then blew his shuttle up and made it look like the Dominion.?

?You are so full of shit?

?It?s true, I think anyway?

?Bull. Why would Vreenak, and I remember the name, Dominion blew him up after Sukara conference or something. Why would Vreenak even be on Deep Space 9 in the first place??

A new voice chirped in. ?Well I knew someone who served on DS9??

She was cut off. ?Oh you always just know someone who served here, there, everyfuckingwhere?

?Oh stick your thumb up it.? The voice countered. ?He was security at the time, says Vreenak definitely came to Deep Space Nine for a day?Hurried off real quick too after meeting Sisko the second day?

?Nah, no way.? One of them argued. ?Sisko was all about honour, honesty, all that ? there?s no way he?d blow up a Senator.?

?Wouldn?t you? One arrogant fucker for the sake of the Federation??

?Yeah, but I?m just a little shit of an engineer, not the Captain of the most important asset in the entire Federation.?

?Fits though? The first female voice offered. ?I mean, Sisko invites Vreenak to the station, does something, anything to distract him, bomb gets planted right, Vreenak carries on to Sukara and he was never on DS9 at all, bomb goes off and where the hell is the only place he?s been? Sukara. He was never officially anywhere else, it?s believable in as much as it?s possible he was never really on DS9 in the first place ? I mean it?s not set in titanium is it? It?s all a war rumour after all.?

Marco stepped round the corner and noticed the uncomfortable shuffling ? by the book, they should have risen and stood to attention as they would for an officer ? but after Marco?s stark warning earlier they were a bit unsure as to what to do in his presence.

?And war rumours are usually just that. Rumour? Marco finished, sternly. Though in truth he placed more stock in the rumour than most, he?d been around long enough to know how the galaxy works, and wasn?t just caught up in some young persons fantasy conspiracies.

?Dismissed? he ordered and the ? it was six ? shuffled out of the room quietly, leaving behind a few half finished drinks.

Marco got a coffee from the replicator and sat down on one of the hard stool like things that were attached the tables, he hated them and thought smugly of orificers that had to ?endure? these as standard on Defiant Class ships? mess?.

A sudden wave of sharp pain flooded into his gut and he grabbed his chest at the bottom of his rib cage as it passed over him suddenly, it went as soon as it came but left Marco with sweat on his forehead and short of breath slightly. He thought of the hypo on his bathroom cabinet on the Starbase.

He picked up the coffee and stood, walking towards the doorway when it struck again, he staggered sideways and caught himself on a table but spilled his coffee, a third strike of pain caused his hand to spasm and he dropped the cup.

Marco steadied himself with both hands on the table and breathed in and out deeply, trying to recompose himself. He was sweating profusely, but after a few eternal minutes his pulse was back to normal and he could breathe well enough to trek back to his temporary quarters on the base.

+++

Quarters, Marco Tupalov. Starbase.

Marco walked into the quarters, pleased to see they had been cleaned. He took off his jacket and department tunic and folded them before placing them neatly on a chair. He opened one of the two hard cases he owned and removed a rum bottle which he opened and took a generous swig from.

Marco looked to the bathroom doors. ?Fuck it? he grumbled, taking another swig from the rum bottle and walked into the bathroom ? he picked up the hypo and took it, and the rum, towards the bed in the main section. He flopped down on the bed and sat back up again, Marco reached into a small bag at the side of the bed and took out a vile which he loaded into the hypo. Another swig before the rum bottle was placed aside. Marco stared at the hypospray for a moment before touching it, a higher dose, to his right temple.

The euphoric feeling was instantaneous, like the best sex of his life but a universe better, and he felt himself fall back slowly, like a feather he descended through the clouds and the sky of his native Russia, before his back touched the bed and his eyes rolled back as his brain gave in to the begging of the drug in his body to let go and fly away for a few hours?

OFF:

Chief Petty Officer Marco Tupalov
Chief of the Boat/Chief Aux Pilot
USS Malinche, NCC-38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am

<Fairbairn's Quarters, 0100 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche>

With the lack of comforters, and the fact that the room seemed to be a few degrees cooler than standard room temperature, Yrel was soon aware that the source of warmth by the name of Cameron was no longer cuddled up agianst her, arms in a warm embrace of her beauty, and drifting a breath that keep her in a soothing sleep. At first she only squirmed to the awkwardness of the cool room's touch on her bare skin, but after the intense dreams that danced in her thoughts were gone, she was left with waking up. Her eyes remained closed, as she felt around the surface of the bed and tried to locate him, but found she was the only one on the bed.

That drew her to sit up and open her eyes in the dimly lit bedroom. His quarters were quiet, he wasn't anywhere nearby and that obviously concerned her.

'Concern?' she thought, not entirely sure what her concern was about. There was something missing without his pressence nearby, but was it genuine concern becuase she loved him so much in such a short time, or was it that she felt that her sexual tool had gone away, like the chances of pregnancy were reliant on having the father nearby until pregnancy was confirmed.

Regardless, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood up. She was still worn out from the day, and her body wasn't in any kind of well enough repair. Likely, the fact that she ate was cancelled do to that slow and passionate session of sex that her and Cameron had had, cutting dinner shorter than desired. She could still smell the light hint of grilled steak and vegetables on the heated plate, and it called to her. A midnight snack.

Making her way back, taking her time as she came to the conclusion that her tiredness was far more extensive than she had thought, she sat back in front of her fajita mix. Who knew sex, and a satisfaction thereof, would have been as bad on the body as a shift on the bridge.

She made a balanced fajita this time, not overloaded, but not stripped. It tasted really good, with only a little lost due to the lack of temperature. Overall it was deja vu of when she had her first one hours ago, especially when she felt it hit her stomach with a statisfying filling sensation. But she went on. There was no excuse to cut her diet down becuase of...romance...

...Romance...maybe it was love. The lines were so blurred these days on what her feelings really were. So could swear what she was feeling was an attraction to Cameron, but not love. Not like Dyle. That was a lifetime of love, despite the high energy of it and the recklessness of teenagers that came with it. But it was love, that was for sure. They gave their life willing to the enjoyment of the other.

Could she say the same about Cameron?

...No.

She finished all that there was to finish on her dinner and made her way back to the bed, tossing the comforter on the top and slithering her lithe frame into it comfortably. She tucked all of the blanket in around her except by her back, so Cameron could return and be close to her agian, if he wanted.
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:42 am

<Outside CIO Office, 1130, MD05>

Marco straightened his uniform out again and tugged at his duty collar. He coughed through the fluid that had seemed to settle on his chest and reminded himself to go see a doctor about it. Reaching the door he needed, he pressed the chime and rubbed his temples with his other hand at the same time trying to shake off the groggy fatigue he was feeling.

Jack meanwhile was certainly not straightening his collar, his sleeves were rolled up and his undershirts collar was part unzipped, as the empty coffee mugs could attest too he had been in the Office since 0600 looking over the crew and passenger manifest for the station with a renewed vigour. After what had happened to Jaran the day before Jack was paranoid, all he could think of was the PADD he had found earlier in the week, ?You should have killed him when you had the chance Jack?..?

He was snapped from his thoughts of guilt by the sound of the door chime, ?Come in!?

Marco stepped over the threshold when the doors parted, and knowing it was to be an officer in front of him he snapped to attention. "Chief Marco Tupalov suh" he stated. Old habits died hard, and his right hand was at salute before he realised it. Whilst it was regulation for all Starfleet personnel of the ranks to salute officers, it had only ever really been done by the marines.

His eyes took a quick sweep of the room and he noted all the coffee cups, and the general look of paranoid dishevelment about the officer who looked about a third Marco's age, though he put that down to typical shifty intelligence types.

Jack looked up from the screen to see an older enlisted crewman saluting, something he hadn?t seen anyone do since his academy days, he couldn?t help but let out a small scoffing laugh as he spoke, ?Something I can do for you?? He paused before sarcastically adding, ?Soldier??

Since Marco didn't actually have the measure of this...person, yet, he stopped short of thumping the arrogant little shit and instead contented himself to inwardly screaming insults. "If you were any kind of 'intelligent' officer, you would know that I have not been a soldier for many years now." He paused and stood at ease. "Sir".

Jack leant back in his chair and rested his feet on the desk, he always wondered what Grayson would say if he could see this. ?I never would have guessed?? Jack said looking the man up and down, ?Many many years by any chance??

"Almost 20 years Leftenant" Marco replied, seething on the pure flow of uncapped arrogance and narcissism spewing from every pore of the Lieutenants body. 'Fuckin orificers' he said to himself.

?Easy tiger? He smirked at the seething chief, ?What brings you all the way up here??

Marco snarled at the sarky twod. "I, and a number of the ranks, were privvy last night to sensitive information. One of your department is opening her mouth too much in the enlisted mess Leftenant"

?And who would that be? And what sensitive information are they discussing?? Jack couldn?t quite understand why he was being told about this, it was as if the Chief expected him to keep tabs on all his officers and dictate their off duty lives.

"A female Petty Officer, since you don't have a department bursting at seams with personnel I'm sure you can work it, sir, you wouldn't be in intelligence if you not were intelligent no?" Marco said, ambiguous implications simply dripping from his words. "I'm not sure exactly what, I didn't catch the whole conversation, something about combat engagements further out."

?You know what you?re right, I?ve gotta be pretty intelligent, did go to the academy to become an officer after all?? Jack paused as he saw the man stand a little taller as he said this, ?Is that what you?re wanting me to say Chief? To feed this wonderful superiority complex you clearly have going? Cos ya know what? I?m really not in the mood for this game of passive aggressive double meanings?

Marco smiled. "It is painfully clear Leftenant, in my career to date, that completion of Starfleet Academy is certainly not a direct implication of intelligence" Marco took a step forward and threw down the protocol. "As for your witty insult, just you watch your mouth" He stood back and added "boy".

Jack yawned before speaking low and calm, ?Chief Marco Tupalov, you have just insulted a Senior officer of this vessel, consider this your last official warning, next time it will be an official reprimand in your service record, do I make myself clear, ?Chief???

Marco locked eyes with the Lieutenant and had one of those faltering moments where he didn't know which way to jump. And this wasn't the Endeavour, where he was well-established and well-in with most of the SO's, here he was the new guy and couldn't really guarantee making Hawkins really annoyed over a period of time if he backed down here in the office, on the other hand if he did just back down it was like...like... urgh no there was no way he could just back down. But if he went further, he could wind up in a whole heap of poo. "Deal with your department son, then you can bend me over all you like, until then swivel" He stuck a finger up at the Lieutenant,

Jack grinned patronisingly held up a finger of his own, only his was more a gesture of ?please wait?, he reached for a PADD and hit a few buttons, still holding his index finger up, ?That?s one??

He returned the PADD to the desk, ?Now as for the Intel officer with a big mouth I?m not worrying about it, you can?t be so na?ve as to think Intel Officers might not be prone to laying out some misinformation? Chucking a story out there and seeing who would pass it on? I expected better of you Chief.?

Marco lowered his finger and hand. "Please Leftenant. Do not insinuate all associations that come with the word 'officer' when referring to my rankers, they deserve better than this insult." For a smarmy twod, he couldn't even verbally distinguish between rankers and officers. Other than tourism, he wondered what the hell was taught at 'Frisco.

?I am sorry, I didn?t think much of it, I guess I?m just not as?prejudice?as some. See my problem with you isn?t that your enlisted, my problem is you?re an ass? Jack couldn?t believe the arrogance of this man, he noted that the Chief seemed to hate Officers for thinking they were superior it was however deeply ironic, that this belief in turn made the Chief believe he was superior to them.

Marco snorted and shook his head. "Prejudice has nothing to do with it Leftenant. There is a difference, a big difference, between orificers and rankers" He smiled at the Lieutenant.

?You call us orificers and you say prejudice has nothing to do with it? Spare me your denial.? Jack paused, ?One Uniform, One Fleet, Chief, bare it in mind??

"Oh get over yourself" Marco snapped back. He turned to leave then turned back. "And as for misinformation, what hell benefit does that have? Don't play your bloody games with my rankers boy" Marco warned, he coughed and noticed his chest was getting worse, but he wasn't young anymore after all.

Jack picked up a PADD again, thinking about the enlisted man telling him to get over himself and spoke to the back of the Chief just as he reached the door, ?Physician, heal thyself?Chief?

Marco shook his head at size of this guys ego, he rounded his turn and made a surge for the desk, leaning over and shoving a finger at his face, Marco snapped "You just watch your tongue boy, officer or not I'll still give you a good kicking"

Jack cleared his throat, he was slightly surprised by the surge but tried his hardest not to flinch, ?How delightfully clich?d, might I suggest you go see our new counselor, you seem to have some anger management issues?? He pressed the button on the PADD he had picked up moments before the chief lunged at the desk, ?Oh and by the way, that?s two??

Marco looked away and nodded, a pissed off smile crept up his face whilst he was still supporting himself on the Lieutenants desk. Marco thumped the Lieutenant downwards, making hard contact with the cheek and stood back up. "Learn your place boy" Marco growled as he made for the exit...

OFF:

A JP by

Chief Petty Officer Marco Tupalov
Chief of the Boat/Chief Aux Pilot

and
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Kaitala
Senior Staff

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 pm

On:
<<USS Malinche, Day 5, 0132 Hours>>

Kaitala had done a brief tour of her new assignment, wandering around the ship getting used to her surroundings. She had yet to encounter any crew members, and had no interest in doing so.

As she rounded several corners, she had caught the eye of passers-by, but purposely averted her eyes, or pretended to be interested in a console. She was not in the mood to socialize, and certainly not in the mood to feign politeness.

The entire day had been mildly trying for her, so when she returned to her assigned quarters and sat on the edge of her bed, it almost felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders. She let a soft sigh escape her lips as she ran her fingers through her wavy hair.

Her eyes fell upon the case she had brought with her, and a box of her personal effects. Her lips pursed as she starred at the box. Within it contained the only remaining items proving the existance of her family.

'Former family,' she corrected herself.

Rising to her feet and shaking her shoes off she approached the box and knelt near it. Taking a deep breath, she opened it and peered within.

The first thing that caught her attention was a holo-photo. It was her girls and her husband. She hated the reminder of them, and often kept the photo hidden from sight. With the change, and the lack of creature comforts such as 'friends' Kaitala felt it might be time to let them out, at least for a while.

She rose from her squatting position and let her eyes roam around the room again. She wanted to place it somewhere where it could be seen, but also somewhere where she wouldn't always have to see it.

The spacious quarters she was assigned to held many options, but she finally decided to place it on the corner of her desk. Taking a seat behind the desk, she eyed the image, and adjusted it's position.

She felt a hard pang in her chest, and the dry feeling returning to her through, as it often did when reminiscing of her family. She turned away a moment and gazed out of her window at the business of the station. She was really looking forward to seeing the stars again.

Without looking back at the image, she rose from her seat, and began to shed her uniform, heading for a sonic shower.

'I've got an early start tomorrow, might as well turn in now.' She thought to herself, pushing away any painful memories.

Off:
Lieutenant JG Kaitala
Chief Security / Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC - 38897-B

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 am

<< Sickbay, 1349 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche >>

?Alllrright Mr Hyde, Let?s see what we have here.? A lively redheaded doctor sang, her face beaming down at a patient. Lynn grinned down at the crewmember, her hands folded in front of her. She watched as the man?s eyes went from the attractive nurse who had been prepping him for the procedure to the doctor who now stood before him.

? She?s a pretty thing isn?t she?? The Doctor said with a wink. His expression was enough of an answer. ? I imagine you know exactly why you?re here Crewman Hyde.? There was a twinge of her accent creeping into her sentence as Lynn began to explain the procedure.
?It seems you?ve a break in your forearm -? Her hands motioned to the lower portion of her own arm, wrist extended face up. ?- here near the Ulna, What I?m going to do is use a laser to knit it back together.?

She waited a moment for any questions that the crewman might have. The procedure went smoothly much to Lynn?s relief. She hadn?t had much experience with the Bone Knitting Laser in a field environment and her first few run through always made her nervous. Now that Crewman Hyde was finished, she started to lay out a list of rules, cautioning him against any strenuous activity.
?I?ll have the nurse check on you again and then you?re free to go.? The young woman stated, moving from the Biobed and to the next patient she was to attend. Pausing a moment, Lynn looked back over her shoulder, flicking red curls from her face.

The words of advice she was about to give went silent on her lips as another nurse called her over. The doctor shook her head and headed off to continue her duties for the remainder of shift.
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Tupalov
Senior Staff

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:00 am

ON: Ready Room. U.S.S Malinche Day 5. 14:00

Marco walked in and nodded as he met the Captains eyes. "Good Afternoon Keptin"

"I...am afraid I bring some bad news." He begun, trying not to let that glint show in his eye. "I went to see Leftenant Hawkins earlier, to quietly report a member of his department for talking about sensitive things. I'm afraid Keptin, uh...one thing led to another and the Leftenant hit me." Marco stopped and shook his head. "I'm sorry to report I did have to hit him back to defend myself...I uh...perhaps the Leftenant was not happy with my talking to him about his department?" Marco looked at Kersare trying to gauge her reaction and tell what she was thinking..

Isabel quirked an eyebrow. Jack didn't really seem the kind of person to just hit another. "One thing led to another? What exactly happened?"

Marco sighed. "I went to speak to the Leftenant about something, he even laughed at me as soon as I stepped in office. I believe he must have become agitated and he snapped. He hit me, I hit him back." Marco shrugged. "Perhaps as is common among the younger generation these days Keptin, is little bit of power gone to the Leftenants head ya? I understand this is not the only incident with the Leftenant in such a position.?

"Why did he become agitated?" Isabel felt it was important to get to the bottom of the incident, and she didn't think Marco was giving her the entire story. Somehow it felt as if she were being tested - that Marco was testing her various boundaries to see how far she'd go.

Marco replied quickly. "I had to report a member of his department for discussing sensitive material...we all know the Leftenant is acting Head of Intelligence...he naturally is protective over his staff" Marco thought he should throw her some more, he obviously wasn't whiter than white himself. "Of course I also did become agitated when he casually dismissed these claims, but I did not show this. He is Officer, Keptin, it is not my place as a member of the ranks to show these feelings to the Leftenant."

"You did not show this? You hit him back, did you not?" Isabel watched the man carefully. "If I am not mistaken, Lieutenant JG Hawkins is, as you mentioned Acting Chief Intelligence Officer. If he feels that something someone in his department said is not a concern, then it most likely isn't. Additionally, how did you know for sure that he wasn't going to address them?"

Marco steeled himself. "I defended myself as necessary, Keptin. I felt the Leftenant was brushing these things aside so as they would not bother him, the mess in his office is testament only to an overworked man. He also said, directly, that he would not address this concern. Ma'am." Marco met her eyes again and felt his neck growing hot. Bare faced lying to your new CO was risky, to say the least

"He was just appointed as Acting CIO, not to mention that he was keeping an eye on the trial, so I don't feel you can justifiably say he's an overworked man. Anyone in a new position must get caught up. Also, he hit you once, from what you say. There's no reason you couldn't have simply walked out of the room, without hitting him and used the proper Chain of Command to deal with the issue," she replied.

Marco nodded. "Perhaps Keptin, but as a trained member of Starfleet I reacted justifiably, I believe. As for Chain of Command, that is why I am here - I did not want to make official allegation against the Leftenant, he is Senior Officer and I wanted to bring this to you first, I have no qualms in brushing aside my rights to prosecute, if you feel this would be the best option. Marco shrugged again. "I didn't want to see that two Senior Officers had been up on violence related charges so soon after one another. I would feel better, if this matter were resolved in-house.?

Isabel shook her head, "Hitting him back is not self defense, Chief, nor is it justified in this case, as you explain it. If he had been repeatedly hitting you, then you could perhaps claim self defense. However, he did not. I will speak with Mr. Hawkins regarding the matter, but I must say I'm rather disappointed in both of you at this point. I will assess the situation further after speaking with him."

'Gotta take what I can get' Marco thought to himself. "Yes Keptin." Marco snapped to attention. 'Better at least than being up on an assault charge' he decided.

Looking over at him, Isabel said, "And don't think you're off the hook. You should never have hit him, and I expect that I will not have to hear about something like this happening again. There are two sides to every story and I'll make a determination after that. In the meantime, I suggest you steer clear of Mr. Hawkins. Dismissed."

Marco sharply nodded and saluted before turning on his heels and walking out. 'What a bitch' he thought, why couldn't she be more like Alan Bright and just his damn word as gospel?

Leaning back in her chair, Isabel sighed. She hadn't gotten much sleep last night and this was the last thing she needed. Her eyes went to the desk drawer where the PADD from Jaran lay...thus far she still hadn't read it, hadn't been able to bring herself to. At some point she would have to though, so she promised herself to do before the day's end. In the meantime, she had to sort out this mess.

OFF

A JP by:

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Malinche

and
Warrant Officer First Class Marco Tupalov
Chief Flight Control Officer
U.S.S Malinche

McKensie
Senior Staff

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:23 pm

OOC; Bear with me while I fit myself back in here folks :)

< Counsellor's Office >
< Day 5 >

Rachel sat in her office a box of tissues sitting on the sofa next to the pile of padds containing people who's appointments she'd have to rearrange. Her plans had gone a little awry when she caught the flu, ending up spending her time shut away in her quarters instead of mingling with others rather than being cooped up in sickbay. At least now she was on the mend and finally able to get back to work, although she was still sniffling and coughing she wasn't contagious.

Getting up and walking over to the replicator she replicated herself a nice cold drink and a snack before taking it back to the sofa and putting her feet up. A counsellor's job wasn't just the counselling sessions it was also the never ending update of personnel files after each session to keep the psychological profiles up-to-date.

She had to admit she was getting fed up with going through files, luckily she was almost done arranging her appointments.

Picking up her drink she took a sip as she put down the last padd, reaching over to a book that was lying on the table she smiled as turned to the page she had bookmarked, something else she loved to do was read and what better than a proper book than reading from a padd. Somehow the feel of paper gave the whole experiemce of reading a book that much more enjoyable.

That done she could head to the crew lounge on deck 9 and perhaps have a chance to mingle with the crew, something she hadn't yet done.

<off>
Ensign Rachel McKensie
Chief Counsellor
USS Malinche

Fairbairn
Senior Staff

Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:30 pm

<Fairbairn's Quarters, 0210 hours, Day 4, USS Malinche>

Slowly, Cameron made his way down the hallway on the senior officers deck. He just couldn't quite bring sleep to himself at the moment and the fact that Yrel Sovereign lay in his sleeping space was something to contend with in his mind. Not that most people would complain at waking up next to a good looking redhead but it was just a difficult thing for the Doctor to grasp having not been with a woman since his divorce. Rebecca was a gorgeous looking woman too with a real bite to her personality and it had been tough to lose her. He felt like he was using Yrel to replace that memory.

He sighed and folded his hands into the pockets of his black pyjama trousers. He hadn't bothered to throw his uniform back on and instead had opted for a more casual silk shirt and those old pyjama things mixmatched with his white training shoes from the boxing he took part in. That "I can't sleep" look was written all over him.

Nearing his quarters he sighed with a sense of irritation and restlessness. It just didn't make sense that out of the blue this gorgeous thing could step into his life and begin dominating the evenings and mornings of his day. It came from nowhere and within two days they were as close as any steady couple. But it was great. It was fantastic. It was a lovely warm feeling despite the insecurities that seemed to come with it

Sighing he punched console to the side of the door and whisked in. He just hoped he hadn't woken her up with his random late night wandering - that would send her flying out the door in seconds if she thought he was a bloody sleepwalker or something. The room was still dark as he entered but that strange odour of her meal caught his nostrils as he walked through to the bedroom.

Good, she was still asleep...

He stood in the doorway for a moment or two wondering exactly what the hell he was doing, wondering what the hell SHE was doing. And then that sickening doubt flooded his mind again as he considered the fact that maybe he was being used. A plaything in space? Nah - surely not. Dr. Fairbairn was hardly a pretty woman's toyboy.

Slowly he moved back towards the bed and lay down atop the sheets. She stirred slightly and made a cute little high pitched noise as she moved round to face the wall on the other side. He smiled gently at that and slowly slid and arm across her exposed flat tummy and snaked the sheets over her. Then after another gradual five minutes he eventually closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. That caution was there but for now the thought of unconsciousness had taken over. Even if it was just that little bit comfier having someone next to him.
Doctor (Lt.) Cameron Fairbairn
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche
NCC-38897-B

"Some patients, though conscious that their condition is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the goodness of the physician." - Hippocrates 460-400 B.C.

Hawkins
Senior Staff

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:01 pm

<CIO Office, 1430, MD05>

Jack flinched as he pressed the replicated ice pack to his face, he knew he should have been to sickbay to get his swollen and sore cheek seen too, but if he was honest he didn?t want to have to face the good Doctor nagging him again for yet another injury.

He had looked through the entire crew and passenger manifest to no avail, he had even contacted the stations security department and found out internal scans showed no extra life signs on the Starbase or any docked ships, he had hit an investigative deadend.

He was about to fruitlessly look over the manifests again when the door chime sounded?

Isabel walked into Jack's office and quirked an eyebrow at the ice pack he was holding to his face. It seemed at least half the story was true...though Jack looked quite a bit worse off than Marco. "Settling in alright?"

Jack glanced at the icepack before he spoke, ?Oddly enough, I feel right at home, which admittedly is a shocking indictment of my homelife??

"What exactly happened to your face?" She thought it might be best to simply get his side of things without mentioning that Marco had already come to her.

Jack put a pained look on his face and answered tongue-in-cheekly, ?Slight disagreement over the shuffleboard?board?? He switched to a more confused look after the sentence got away from him.

"Mmmhmm..." Isabel looked directly at Jack, "What really happened?"

He sighed as he spoke, ?Slight disagreement with a Chief Petty Officer with a chip on his shoulder the size of a Warbird and a sense of humour smaller than a workbee shrunk in a subspace compression anomaly??

She nodded, "What kind of disagreement, and how did you end up getting hit?" Isabel would have to tell him that Marco came to her, but she hoped to get at least a little more information first.

Jack didn?t owe the self righteous arse of a chief anything and decided to just play it straight, ?He stormed in here rambling on about how I should keep a tighter grip on my crewmembers when they?re off duty and talking to friends, I told him to not over react and he basically went on some superiority complex fueled rant about ?orificers?, I objected, he hit me??

Isabel sighed. She could tell this would be a great deal of fun to sort out. "So he just straight out hit you? You never hit or threatened him or anything?"

?Well I?m not saying I didn?t wind him up, but no I didn?t hit him, the only thing I threatened him with was typing a report about his attitude and sending it to you.?

"He came to me and said that you hit him and he hit back in self defense....said you wouldn't listen to him about someone in your department," Isabel told him. She figured it would be best to leave out the part about Marco saying he wouldn't press charges. "I told him I wanted to hear your side of things, and that I expected it to not happen again."

Jack laughed, ?I hit him?!?! Well that?s rich! I said he had anger management issues, and he hit me, which at the very least lends credence to my statement?? He had to wonder why the Chief would even go to the Captain given the nature of their encounter, he had to know Jack would offer a different version of events.

"I have the feeling, between you and I, that he was testing me, in a way. To see how I'd react. Most crewmembers I've had were more likely to be careful in front of me for awhile...but he seems to be blatantly testing my limits," Isabel replied.

?Either that or he?s just an ass??

She sighed, "I suppose we'll find out. I'll have a talk with him. I'd suggest avoiding him in the meantime, as I suggested to him." Isabel despised the thought of discussing it with Marco again.

?Since he says I hit him anyway, how about I actually get to and *then* we can have the talking about me punching him?? Jack couldn?t quite believe the Chief had actually lied about something like this. ?This guy has a seriously problem with officers and authority, and you know it?s bad when I say that??

Isabel shook her head, "Hitting him now won't help. I do have an idea about what to do with him though....I doubt he'll enjoy it. I have to investigate a few things." Her eyes looked over his desk, "Lots to catch up on?"

Jacks eyes looked over the heaps of PADDs too and he sighed, ?I?m looking into the manifest for the station and docked ships, trying to see if anything jumps out, trying to see if there?s any clue about what happened to Jaran.?

"I was actually going to ask you about that, but it seems you're already on top of it...as daunting a task it is. I have the report from the Starbase's security, if you don't already have it," she offered.

It was a daunting task, but Jack had been so busy looking over his own side of the investigation he never did get the official report, ?Actually I don?t have it yet, if you could supply me with a copy that?d be great?

Isabel nodded, "Absolutely. I'll do so when I get back to my Ready Room; you should have it this afternoon. Anything else I can do for you?"

?Thanks a lot.? Jack smiled, an action that created a sharp pain in his cheek, ?And nothing I can think of at the moment.?

Smiling back, Isabel replied, "Let me know if there is. For now, I'll leave you to your work. Thank you, Mr. Hawkins."

?No problem Captain, just make sure you tell our friend to stay away from me too? Jack spoke and then returned his eyes to the computer screen, once again analysing the long list of names and assignments.

She nodded, turned, and walked out the door. Time to get some answers and then have a little talk with Marco.

OFF:

A JP by

Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer

AND
Lieutenant Jonathan "Jack" Hawkins
Acting Chief Security/Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Quarterstaff
Crewmember

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm

<< Quarters, 0300 hours, Day5 , USS Malinche >>

Lynn flipped over onto her stomache trying to fall asleep for the ump-tenth time that night. She ran fingers through her hair and scratched at her scalp deliactly, hoping to relax herself.
" Oh get a hold of yourself, or you'll never make it through shift tomorrow." The woman said, safley speaking out loud in the privacy of her bunk.
Rolling to the side, she tucked her legs underneath herself and wrapped both arms around them, now staring at the wall. Her eyes fell on the stacks of papers, PaDDs, and other various objects that she had colelcted in her travels.

Rolling out of bed Lynn crossed the floor to a bag she had dropped some time while transfering in. What was in it? Kneeling down she picked up the small sack, feeling the weight. Inside objects of various sizes and volumes jumbled around. A flick of her fingers and the bag was untied, revealing it's contents. She almost started to tear up when she discovered what occupied the pouch.

" Blimey..." Lynn muttered, stood and crawled back in bed. She smiled looking down at the pouch she held and closed both eyes to try and sleep once more. Maybe this time it would come swiftly.
The red head began to hum, the sound growing softer and softer as she slipped into slumber

Shift was going to come too soon tomorrow.

<end>
Ensign Lynn Quarterstaff
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Sovereign
Senior Staff

Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:24 pm

<Mess Hall, 1200 hours, Day 5, USS Malinche>

The hustle and bustle that surrounded the daytime lunch crowd was frustrating. Yrel had much preferred the deadness that had become the mess hall a couple days ago, during her opening meeting with Cameron Fairbairn. The lack of people, the casual ability to go and retrieve something enjoyable to eat, and silence while eating was much more desired than what had consumed the mess hall currently.

She was five positions away from finally being able to interact with the replicators and get something for lunch. The intensity of her famishment was astounding. It was like she hadn't anything at all in the day, regardless of both the short dinner and the midnight snack earlier. And then there was that fruit platter she had gorged herself on for breakfast before hitting the lab, and going over some lingering reports from yesterday's beta shift.

"A large greek salad, and a glass of milk, cold," she ordered at the replicator once the last officer went on their way to eat. The food came within a second, as per the usual speed of technology these days. Finding a seat near the window, perhaps the only one left, Yrel tried to ignore the loud hum of conversation around her while she ate.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I heard it from Somoa, so it's got to be right!"

"I don't know. Come on, Jaran killed? Just like that?"

"Guess so. Good riddance, I say."

Yrel slowly swallowed the forkfull of food and eased her fork down, turning discreetly towards the man and woman that had spoken of some shocked information, if it were true. Jaran, dead. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought. He wasn't. He couldn't. There was so much room for him to turn around, and become and officer to model to those just leaving the academy.

"No one arrested?" the man asked.

"Nah, station security seems really shitty over there." The woman took in some of her lunch and continued to talk, mouth half full. "They don't even have marines over there. Or even someone like the new CoB."

The man laughed. "Yeah, what an asshole he was last night."

Yrel finished her meal quiickly as teh conversation turned away from Jaran and onto some Marco Tupalov. She got up and left, maybe to explore this Jaran rumour more...
Lieutenant Yrel Sovereign
Chief Science Officer
& Second Executive Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Kaitala
Senior Staff

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:01 pm

On: <Mess Hall, 1213 Hours, Day 5>

Kaitala stepped into the Mess, her eyes low trying, again to avoid eye contact. She had spent most of the day reviewing reports from the station, and reviewing the tactical readiness of the Malinche. She was looking in to the possibility of a few modifications, but she would have to research them further before presenting her ideas to the Captain, and probably the CEO.

She shuddered at the thought. Had her stomach not been growling loudly, she would have continued with her work. She wanted to make sure she was 110% ready when the ship disembarked. Kaitala may not enjoy socializing with others, but she certainly wanted to ensure that their safety was taken care of.

She shook her head, realizing she was dawdling in the entrance and guaranteed to attract attention if she lingered.

Approaching a replicator, she paused and was unsure of what she wanted to eat. "Terellian chowder" she decided.

The replicator whirled and a bowl of the steaming substance appeared almost instantaneously. Kaitala carefully grasped the bowl in her hands, happy to have an excuse to keep her eyes anywhere but on the occupants of the room. She teetered carefully towards a recently empty table in the far corner by a large window.

She slid into the shadows, and let her gaze rise as she scanned the room. She seemed to be the only one by herself. The rest of the crew seemed to be enjoying their lunch breaks, talking amongst themselves, some trying each others food. This brought a deep pang to Kaitala's stomach. She realized how much she sometimes ached for human (or human-like) interaction. She forgot what it was like to have friends, and to laugh, and smile.

As one of the occupants seemed to notice Kaitala's gaze, she quickly lowered it and stirred her soup with the spoon she had been provided.

'Friends can be lost,' she reminded herself, 'The last thing you need is to go through the pain of loss again.'

She nodded to herself resolutely and continued her meal. She was perfectly fine on her own.

Off: Joint post anyone? Despite having to convince herself that she wants to be alone, I bet Kaitala could use a little company :P
Lieutenant JG Kaitala
Chief Security / Tactical Officer
USS Malinche NCC - 38897-B

Peters
Senior Staff

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:59 pm

OFF: eep, need to catch up on days... Akios, I guess we can backpost whatever we do with those devices

ON: <Main Engineering, 1215, Day 5>

Peters downloaded the rest of the information he'd managed to get from the sensor readings onto a padd. He wasn't entirely sure of the purpose of the devices, or how many there had been in total, but he was sure that the new Chief of Security would want to know about them. So that was his mission for this hour.

"Computer," Peters said, "Locate Lieutenant Thunder-- cancel." He shook his head. Lieutenant Thundera had transferred off the ship. What was that new Security chief's name? He really needed to pay more attention to the crew roster updates.

"Computer," He said finally, "Locate the Chief of Security." That ought to cover it, he figured. The computer would know who was assigned as Security Chief and would thus be able to identify said person for him.

"Lieutenant, Junior Grade, Kaitala is in the Mess Hall," the computer replied. Peters nodded and picked up the padd. He was out the door within a minute and halfway down the corridor before he realized that he should probably get some lunch while he was in the mess hall.

<Mess Hall, Moments Later>

Peters walked into the mess hall and headed straight for the replicator. He stopped for a moment to consider what to get. Then he smiled....

"Three slices of Pepperoni Pizza and a large glass of Pepsi, please," Peters said with a smile. The replicator bleeped an acknowledgment and the requested items shimmered into existence. Picking up the steaming plate and frosty glass, Peters turned around.

He spotted a Lieutenant, JG in yellow sitting by herself halfway across the room and figured that was probably Kaitala. He walked over and stopped by her table. "Mind if I join you, Lieutenant?"

OFF:
Tony
AKA
Lieutenant Commander Todd Peters
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A