Deep and Dark

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Deep and Dark

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 pm

OFF: Alright, we're going to assume that the Malinche made it to Earth without any further difficulties or having to go into MVAM *looks at the MVAM nuts* Anyway, have at it everyone. Smile

ON:
<<Approaching Earth, USS Malinche, Ready Room, 0912, Day 1>>

Sitting at her desk, Isabel sipped her tea, looking at the three small boxes sitting in front of her. She opened them one by one, smiling to herself. Although the Malinche had just finished its second mission, this was Isabel's first chance to give out promotions. Some were far overdue in her opinion, having looked at her crew's service records.

Isabel closed the boxes carefully as she stood up and looked out from the ship as Earth grew closer. She hadn't been raised there, but when she went to StarFleet Academy she made quite a few friends. Although it was difficult, Isabel tried to keep in contact with some of them. She knew that at least one of them should be on Earth; he was working for StarFleet as an engineer. If she was lucky, she might get to visit him. He had attended her wedding to Derek, but didn't know of her husband's death.

Sighing she pushed the thoughts from her mind and walked onto the bridge.

Hunt: Good morning captain. You're just in time. We'll be entering Earth's orbit in a few minutes.

Kersare: Thank you. How are the repairs coming?

Roran: Repairs are almost complete, captain. Just a few things to work out and we'll be back at one hundred percent.

Kersare: Good to hear, thank you lieutenant. Mr. Ragna, have you ever piloted into spacedock?

Ragna: No sir, not with a vessel like this.

Kersare: First time for everything. Ensign Tamlin(NPC), open a channel to spacedock.

Tamlin: Aye sir, channel open.

Kersare: This is the USS Malinche, requesting permission to enter spacedock.

Santer(NPC): This is spacedock, permission granted Captain Kersare.

Kersare: Ease us in nice and slow, Mr. Ragna.

Isabel watched as the cadet tapped at his console, bringing them into spacedock. He was doing remarkably well for a cadet. She smiled as she saw him let out a breath as they docked.

Kersare: Very good cadet. *taps* Captain Kersare to crew. Shoreleave has officially begun, you did well on our mission, so take some time to relax. I would like to see Mr. Jadan and Doctor Walker in my ready room before they leave, please. Kersare out. *taps* Mr. Hunt, I'd like you to join me in my ready room. Mr. Roran, you have the bridge.

Roran: Aye captain.

As Nol moved from his console, Mason followed Isabel into her ready room. Walking over to her desk, she turned to face him.

Hunt: May I ask what it is you need, captain?

Kersare: I wanted to let you know that I will be attending Mr. Marcus' inquiry and hopefully locating Mr. Grayson. I may go visit a friend first, as I don't know when the inquiry will begin.

Hunt: I can find out for you.

Kersare: Thank you.

Hunt: Anything else I can do for you?

Kersare: There is one other thing.

Reaching behind her, she picked up one of the small boxes and held it out to him. He looked at it, then looked back up at her questioningly.

Kersare: I'd like to officially inform you that you've been promoted. *smiling* Congratulations Commander Hunt. Go on and open it.

OFF: Tag Hunt, Jadan, Walker, crew Have a good time everyone. Smile And congratulations to Commander Mason Hunt.
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Just so everyone knows, the inquiry may take longer than shoreleave, so to differentiate the two, I'm using "Inquiry Day x" instead of just "Day x".

ON:

== Starfleet Headquarters ==
== 0900 Hours, Inquiry Day 1 ==

Jonathan Marcus stood outside the Great Hall inside Starfleet Headquarters in his dress uniform. The white uniform was pressed and spotless, its violet/gray chest piece running from the waist up through the collar holding the pips identifying his rank: Lieutenant JG. The gold trimming that ran around the shoulders and lined both sides of the chest piece and polished comm badge put the finishing touches on Starfleet's formal uniform for its officers, a uniform that inspired every officer to hold his head a little higher. Even though Marcus was headed into an official inquiry into his actions on Maran, his head was high with pride.

The Albion had arrived last night and Starfleet had wasted no time in ordering Jonathan to appear before them the next morning. That hadn't surprised him since the matter had become fairly public on Earth. The inquiry had become so public in fact, that Starfleet had been forced to assign him protection. Marcus thought it was all a little too public considering the damage that had been done. Apparently, the Maran government had filed a formal complaint only hours after the incident had occurred. He took a deep breath before taking a step forward and through the tall doors bearing the Starfleet emblem.

A small gallery of captains and commanders from around Earth were gathered on the one side while on the other, a group of cadets (most likely to join JAG) watched with interest as the accused entered the cavernous hall. Marcus stepped forward into the center of the room and faced the panel of 2 admirals, 3 captains and 2 commanders. A hushed silence fell over the room as Admiral Nehnyev (NPC) gathered his materials and looked up at the junior Lieutenant.

Nehnyev: Jonathan James Marcus, you have been called before this council to inquire about your actions against the Maran government on stardate 60115. Following a formal complaint lodged by the Maran government, we have taken the appropriate action to ascertain the situation leading up to, and including, your covert action. Do you understand the nature of this proceeding?

Marcus: Yes, sir.

Nehnyev: If this council finds that you covertly attempted to access and retrieve information from the Maran government in conjunction with your recent assignment about the U.S.S. Malinche, you will be court martialed in violation of Section 1357 of Starfleet regulations. Is this clear
to you, Lieutenant?

Nehnyev: Let the record show that Lieutenant Junior Grade Jonathan James Marcus is accused of espianage in the form of covert access and retrieval of classified documents from the Maran government, an ally of the Federation. If accused of this crime, he may face a myriad of penalties ranging anywhere from demotion to dishonorable discharge from Starfleet. Do you have anything to say of these accusations, Lieutenant?

Marcus: No, sir, I do not.

Before Nehnyev could continue the proceedings, the doors behind Marcus slid open with a dull hiss and the sharp clicking of boots on the marble floor approached from behind. Jonathan dared not look as a man, slightly shorter than him, stopped next to him.

Nehnyev: May I help you, Lieutenant...

Grayson: Lieutenant Junior Grade Mark Grayson II, sir.

Nehnyev: And what is your business here, Mr. Grayson?

Grayson: I am here to stand trial in place of Lieutenant Marcus, sir. I was responsible for the covert access to the Maran intelligence bureau and furthermore was Mr. Marcus' superior in the matter.

Nehnyev: *responding to hushed whispers* Silence. I'm afraid the Maran government supplied us with unrefutable evidence linking Mr. Marcus to this crime. While your gesture of responsibility and loyalty is appreciated, your presence here is not. You may step down.

Grayson: *shaking his head defiantly* No, sir, I stand by my colleague.

Nehnyev: *looking at the other officers nearby* Very well then. We will recess until 1200 hours, after which time we will reconvene to discuss the matters at hand.

OFF

Tag: Grayson

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:24 pm

<<Starfleet Headquarters>>
<< Outside enquiry Room, 0910, enquiry day 1>>

Grayson left the room feeling somehow relieved and at the same time, a bit amused. Marcus shocked expression was genuine, but still, it was funny the way he stood there looking like a statue.

Plus, Admiral Nehnyev expression of "what-a-hell-he-is-doing-here" was quite amusing. She probably had the enquirey result before it started, thanks for Mark's father. But, Mark's presence actually destroyed the whole thing, which made him very satisfied.

He was expecting his father to come up, but, he didn't have the guts to face his own son. Truth to be told, Mark had said some harsh thing to him, and, he wouldn't interfere no more. At least, it was what Mark expected.

Grayson started to walk through the corridors when JJ Marcus catch up with him.

Marcus: Lieutenant, what are you doing?!

Grayson: I'm walking, Lieutenant. Can't you see that?

Marcus: Grayson, this hardly the moment to make jokes.

Mark stopped and turned to face Marcus.

Grayson: I know what I'm doing, JJ. There's more going on that you are aware of. I know you're just following my orders and my orders were based in my own prejudice against Marans. If someone did something wrong, It was me. I'm the one to be punished, not you.

Marcus: What do you mean with there's more going on that I am aware of?

Grayson: You were chosen to be my escape goat by my father, Admiral Grayson I, head of the Starfleet Medical Research department. He always tried to interfere in my career, since I decided not to be a doctor. I'm sorry you're involved in this. I'm not going to let you fall for my own mistakes.

Mark resume his walk, leaving Marcus behind. He was too ashamed to face Marcus again. The funny thing it was that he hadn't feel shame for anything he done for the longest time. It was something strange. Still, genuine.

Grayson: But, don't worry, when I'm finished, you'll be back to the Malinche and I'll probably be out of a job, as should be.

OFF: tag Marcus.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:24 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Ready Room, 0912, Day 1>

Jadan was on his way to the ready room, wondering exactly what Kersare had wanted. He and his engineering team were working as fast as they could to repair the damage that had been done to the Malinche. So far they were being relatively successful.

Jadan entered the ready room.

Jadan: You wanted to see me sir?

Kersare: Yes, how are repairs going...Roran gave me a general assestment, I'd like to hear it from you though.

Jadan: MVAM is repaired as is our shields. We've almost patched the hull in the engineering section; although I wouldn't recommend stressing it for awhile. I've requested some steambolt sealers from the yards. They should be arriving soon.

Kersare: Good work, looks like engineering work agrees with you after all, anything else?

Jadan: There is one thing that I would like to ask though, I would like you to give some consideration to equipping us with the Maran's ORA.

Kersare: The organic armor? I thought that material was highly secretative and a pain to understand...not to mention the biological component.

Jadan: It is, but the Marans and Dark specifically have given us permission to use the armor they would provide...as long as we don't try and study it...I mean beyond how it would interact with our system. I wouldn't worry about the organics, I think that Walker would be more then up to the task.

Kersare: Is it worth it?

Jadan: It's almost 50% more effective and stronger then our current abalative armor.

OFF: Tag Kersare!

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:28 pm

<<USS Malinche>>

<<Ready Room, 0840, Day 1>>

Mason stood there in complete shock, for the first time in his life he didn't know what to say or even react without making a fool of himself. He removed the solid pip from the box and held it in his hand. Touching it once Mason stared up at Kersare.

Hunt: "Thank you, sir. I wasn't expecting this."

Kersare left her desk and walking over to her XO. Gently taking the pip from Mason's hand she took off the black pip that had been on his collar and replaced it with the new shiny solid pip.

Kersare: "Much better, Congradulations again Commander. Now have you been able to find out when and where Marcus's inquiry is to be held?"

Hunt: "According to Starfleet Operations, today at 0900 hours room 1b JAG division. Admiral Nehnyev is presiding."

Kersare had heard of the admiral, he was one not to play games when it came down to any disciplinary actions towards any officer but he too had the reputation of being a fair judge.

Kersare: "Thank you, Commander please make sure the entire crew has left the ship, base command is sending over teams to do a complete radiation and comtaiment sweep after Jadan has finshed repairs."

Hunt: "Aye Captain, is there anything else?"

Isabel paused for a brief moment, she had remembered when Mason came aboard and comparing him as he is today.

Kersare: "No that's all Mason, once again congradulations and good work."

Hunt: "Thank you sir."

He left and walked back out to the bridge, Ragna was at the helm sitting straight foward and tight libbed. Mason remebered what it was like being a cadet and understood Ragna's devotion to his post and his duty but even cadets like him needed to unwine a bit. Mason sat down in the center chair tapping buttons.

Hunt: "Mr. Ragna, have all docking procedures been completed to the letter?"

Ragna: "Yes sir."

Hunt: "Then mr.ragna your dismissed. Go and have fun relax a bit."

Ragna pushed his console aside and stood at attention.

Ragna: "Respectfully, sir I would like to remain aboard to assist in the disemarking of the crew with Lieutenant Cheetara sir."

The seriousness in the cadet's eyes were nothing that Mason had ever seen before, so he got up walking over to the helmsmen.

Hunt: "Ragna, we can manage."

Ragna: "Aye sir."

Hunt: "Any plans for leave, cadet?"

OFF: Tag Ragna (Thank you Captain Kersare and Crew for the support in my promotion)
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:29 pm

ON:

== 1200 Hours, Inquiry Day 1 ==

The massive doors leading into the Great Hall slid open, admitting Lieutenant JG Marcus and Grayson. They marched together, perfectly in step, to the center of the room and stood on the Starfleet emblem emblazoned across the floor. Marcus' eyes drifted around the room to see the group of cadets to his right, then over to his left, where out of the corner of his eye, he saw Captain Kersare looking on. His eyes moved forward to the group of officers in front of them, Admiral Nehnyev in the center. His cold, gray eyes looked up at the two officers and waited for several moments before he began the inquiry.

Nehnyev: Are you gentlemen prepared to continue?

Grayson: Yes, sir.

Nehnyev: Good. General evidence and some testimony against you will be presented this afternoon. At no time during the testimony stage of this inquiry will you be allowed to speak. Once that is complete, we will recess until tomorrow morning when you will be called in individually, starting with Mr. Grayson, to answer questions about this incident, as well as related incidents. Is this acceptable? *both officers nodded* Very well. Would the Maran ambassador (NPC) please step forward.

Marcus and Grayson turned their attention to an elderly man that stood at a nearby podium. He adjusted his Maran uniform before nodding to Admiral Nehnyev that he was ready to proceed. Jonathan could see a datapad on the podium in front of him, and his mind began to wander about what kind of things might be on there. He was snapped back to reality when Admiral Nehnyev cleared his throat and began a line of questioning.

Nehnyev: Ambassador, would you please describe what happened on stardate 60115.

The Maran abmassador went on to describe in great detail what had happened when Marcus accessed the intelligence bureau's systems. Marcus' entry had gone unnoticed for several minutes, during which time the Marans could not identify what files he had accessed. However, when he had finally tripped the alarm, they watched his movements carefully while they traced the signal back to the Malinche. Admiral Nehnyev questioned the ambassador about a myriad of things regarding the Maran intelligence system.

Marcus did his best to contain the anger that boiled up inside him. His actions had gone untraced for most of the time he was in the system, and still, Starfleet insisted on trying him for this. He couldn't help but think how absurd the entire thing was; he was being made a scape goat for the Federation and its relationship with Maran. Jonathan locked his jaw as the testimony carried on for hour after hour. The massive windows around the room started to show how late it was getting, probably somewhere around 1800 hours. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Kersare and the look of amazement on her face as the testimony carried on.

Maran Ambassador: *turning to face Marcus* I do not doubt you were just doing what you were told, but the question my people have is why didn't just ask us what you were looking for. We would have been happy to provide you with the information you were looking for.

Nehnyev: So you believe Lieutenant Marcus used poor judgment?

Marcus was apalled; Nehnyev had just put words into the ambassador's mouth and there was nothing he could do. It was becoming clearer that Marcus was meant to take the fall for this to strengthen the relationship between Earth and Maran. The two planets would be seen working with each other to get to bottom of this, further bolstering their status as allies. Marcus would just be collateral damage to the whole process, and now, Grayson would be too.

OFF

Thundera
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:30 pm

ON:
<<USS Malinche>>
<Personal Quarters, 0915, Day 1>

Cheetara woke up and disconnected herself from her borg implant regenerator. She picked up a padd to see what was on her agenda for today. 'Oh great. I have to check over all the tactical systems before I can go have some fun for shoreleave.' She thought.

Cheetara went over to her closet and put on her uniform while still looking at the padd. She noticed that there was going to be a new officer coming aboard soon. Some that would take the place of Chief Security Officer. ' What's this? Does the captain think that I'm incapable of doing my job now? ' She thought getting a little angry. ' I can't believe this. What does she think she's doing? Who's going to be able to do a better job than me?'

Cheetara got very upset, becoming extremely angry. She decided to go see the captain to talk to her about it.

<CO Ready Room, 1000>

Cheetara entered the captain's ready room after hearing Kersare's voice acknowledge her to do so.

"Captain, I need to talk to you about this." Cheetara said in a huff while handing her the padd in her hand.

After glancing at the padd Kersare asked, " What about this? "

Cheetara gathered some sanity and then replied, "About this new crew member coming aboard."

"Yes Cheetara, what about it?'"

"Well I want to know why he's coming and taking over half of my duties? I came aboard as the Assistant Chief Tactical and Security Officer under Jadan. Then Jadan got transferred to Chief Engineer and I was promoted to Chief Tactical and Security. "

"Yes, that is true" Kersare said cutting Cheetara off.

"Do you think that I'm incompatent? That I can't handle the responsibility?" Cheetara started blurting out getting a little louder in tone. "I'm not the newbie that you seem to think that I am. It's not like I'm fresh out of the academy. I used to be the XO of another ship until it was violently destroy during battle which we just barely escaped with our lives."

"Alright, Stop right there!" Kersare said very authoritively. "Calm down and listen for a minute. No, I dont' think that you are incompatent. In fact, I would never have promoted you to full Chief if I hadn't thought that you would be able to do the job, and yes I am well aware of your previous records. But you do have to realize something. This is technically a multi-vector assault ship. MacLeod is coming to be the Chief of Security. I felt that you would be better suited for tactical anyway because of your vast knowledge of other races and their capabilities. Not to mention the fact that you are quick on the draw. Furthermore, the Chief Tactical officer has enough responsibility that he or she shouldn't, and really isn't supposed to have the responsibilities of both. So this has nothing to do with your capability. This was my decision to better the ship and make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Cheetara thought for a minute and then spoke up. "I guess you're right. It probably will be the best thing. It will lighten my workload up a little too."

"Now there's the attitude that I want to hear."

"I'm sorry captain. Next time I won't be so harsh. I was just upset about the way it looked. Especially since you never said anything to me about it."

"Well I was going to tell you today when you reported for duty before beginning shoreleave, but you came to me first."

"So when is the new officer coming onboard exactly captain?"

"It should be anytime now Cheetara." Kersare replied. "When MacLeod gets here, I want you to show him everything about the security on this ship. He'll need a tour of the place as well to learn about our key areas and what to do when it's time for our multi-vector assault mode."

"Yes captain. I will do so." Cheetara said speaking in a low tone sounding a little disappointed. " Let me go get my reports done before he gets here."

"Alright Cheetara, dismissed."

With that, Cheetara headed out of the CO's ready room and went on about her businees to get her reports done and wait for the new Security Chief to arrive.
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:31 pm

<<Starfleet Headquarters>>
<< 1800, enquiry day 1>>

Mark kept his attention focused on the Maran Embassador. The Admiral was doing her work; find escape goats to keep the Federation-Maran alliance secure. That didn't bother him. He already had decided that he would accept the punishment. He wasn't there to save his own rear, but to save JJ.

As the admiral started to address Marcus competence, Mark started to write down some questions for the embassador. But, the admiral crossed line when she started putting words into embassador's mouth.

Nehnyev: So you believe Lieutenant Marcus used poor judgment?

The embassador was about to answer when Mark interrupted.

Grayson: With all due respect, Admiral, the embassador is not classified to answer the question. Although he's an diplomat and intelligent man, he is not aware starfleet procedures, regulations or even tradition.

The admiral eye's narrowed. She appeared to think what she would say next.

Nehnyev: Lieutenant, first of all, you can't interrupt this enquiry. If you have anything to ask, you'll do it at right moment.

Grayson: Sir, Starfleet regulation 115-21 gives me the right to object to any question that is not directly connected with the enquiry object. To begin with, the embassador don't know Lieutenant Marcus to opinate on his judgment. I request that this line of questioning be dropped.

Nehnyev went red. She wasn't expecting a legal battle. Her voice raised a bit when she replied.

Nehnyev: Mr. Grayson, you have no right question me or my line of questioning. Your request is denied.

Mark then sighed. Time to drop the bomb.

Grayson: So, following Starfleet regulation 125-5, I request the replacement of the authority conducting the enquiry.

Nehnyev: What?! You?re over your head, Lieutenant. What's the base for this... This absurd?

Grayson: As the regulation states, if the enquiry is not being conducted imparcially, I have the right to ask for the replacement and...

Nehnyev:*raising her voice* Now you're questioning my honor? How dare you?

Marcus looked at Mark, his eyes wide. Mark gave JJ a friendly blink of eye. Then, he waited several moments before his response.

Grayson: You mistake my intention, Admiral. I'm not here to question your line questioniong or your honor. I'm here to assure that the right person, if there's one, be punished. I have a great respect for you and your rank. I'm only using my given right by Starfleet regulations. See, I'm guilty.

The crowd went crazy. Nehn ordered silence. Mark kept going.

Grayson: But, Lt. Marcus is not. And to misjudge him is such injustice. So, if this enquiry is necessary, I would prefer an authority that doesn't have her mind already done about it. With all due respect, Admiral, if you refuse my legal request, I'll file a complain in the Federation Council.

A silence fall in the room. Mark was aware that his career was gone by now. Questioning an Admiral wasn't healthy. Nehnyev wasn't a bad person. She was trying to protect the federation and someone had to go down. She finally spoke.

Nehnyev: I'll respect Starfleet regulation and step down. But, this enquiry will restart tomorrow with a new authority. This enquiry is adjoruned.

Mark sighed. Marcus looked at him.

Marcus: Have you lost your mind, Mark?

Grayson: Yes. But, I'm ok now.

OFF: tag Marcus!
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:32 pm

OFF: Since Kersare posted Hunt's promotion origionally at 0912, but Hunt posted the promotion at 0840, I went with Kersare's time. Just mentioning so it isn't actually a time gap in the conversation.

ON:

<< USS Malinche >>
<< Bridge 0916, Day 1 >>

//Hunt: "Ragna, we can manage."

//Ragna: "Aye sir."

//Hunt: "Any plans for leave, cadet?"

Ragna: Well I do at least want to finish with the Memory core buffer, before it needs to be taken anywhere else. The sensors and communications are fairly vital for anything more than travel.

Hunt: Ok, any other plans?

Ragna: Truthfully sir, I was hoping to go to San Francisco meet up with a few friends, tell them how I already flew a Prometheus, and tell them how I am already back from my first mission and it hasn't even been 2 weeks, since some of them haven't even left yet.

Hunt gave a quick chuckle. Remembering how excited he felt to first step foot on any ship as a cadet, and then later onto the Malinche, a Prometheus. Ragna had already had both experiences in such a short time. He was very lucky to be positioned here, most Ensigns won't even see a Prometheus-class vessel let alone be stationed on one. Ragna did have a lot of reason to be excited to tell his friends.

Hunt walked to the nearest console, and tapped it a few times. Hunt took a moment to read what came back, hit a couple more buttons, and looked back to Ragna.

Hunt: The coordinates for the Delta Flyer are now at the terminal at transporter bay 1. Bring it back for us while you're down there. I'll make sure Grayson knows he'll have to beam back. C'mon I'll beam ya down.

Ragna: Yes sir.

Ragna and Hunt headed to the turbolift.

<< Transporter Room, 0920 >>

Hunt and Ragna arrived in the transporter room, and Hunt went right to the console.

Hunt: Dejavu, didn't I just see you here a couple days ago? Though it all feels like it's going in reverse.

Ragna chuckled slightly and stepped onto the transporter pad.

Hunt: Cadet...

Ragna: Yes sir?

Hunt: Try to relax a bit will you?

Ragna: Only if you promise not to keep all the fun to yourself while you are here on the ship.

Hunt and Ragna both grinned as Ragna dissappeared into a yellow beam of light.

<< Delta Flyer, 0922>>

Ragna pulled the isolinear rod container out from behind the panel, and checked the console to see how much had uploaded. He only had two more rods to upload. It would only take another hour and twenty minutes approximately to finish with the memory upload, check systems, and fly it back. At that point, he could be home free. He decided to do communications first, since then he could send messages to his friends, while the Sensor rod was uploading.

After a half hour the communications isolinear rod finished, Ragna pulled it out, set it back in the container, and put in the sensor rod. It immediately began to upload. Ragna went to the OPS station and sent out a message to San Francisco to all his friends who were still on Earth, and a few who weren't just to brag.

-----------------
While normally this message would have been a prank, in this case it actually isn't. I'm already back on my first shoreleave from my cadet cruise. How about we meet at 1230 at the usual hang out.

- "Cruiser"
-----------------

Within 15 minutes he had received about a dozen responces, ranging with anything from, "You're already back on earth?" to "Where we headed this time?". He had a feeling it would be a fun night.

Off: To Shorten the read a bit I'll make it a couple posts. Sides, I wanted to come up with a few more things before I post the rest.
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:33 pm

<< 1252, Day 1, San Francisco, Gillies Sports Bar >>

Ragna walked into the Bar, and he saw eight of his friends at the pool tables.

One of his friends spotted him and set down his cue stick and walked over to him.

Mike (NPC): Ya know what. I figured you were just seeing how much you could mess with us, especially when you didn't show for 20 minutes. We figured we'd been had again.

Ragna: Nah, as fun as that would be, I think we'll have a lot more fun tonight anyways. You guys ready to go?

James: Go? Go where? Nothing really opens till 9 tonight.

Ragna: I never said we're going local. I meant are you guys ready for Barcelona? It's 9 hours ahead there. Therefore it's almost already 10, and we're late.

While a couple of his friends were taken aback, most of them didn't see too surprised.

Mike: You know Cruiser, you always did have a knack for the extraordinary. One of these days we should actually hang around and do something normal, it'd be a whole new experience for us. So how we going this time? Steal another shuttle?

Ragna: *speaking nonchalantly* Actually I just offered to teach the one Ensign on the Prometheus-Class Malinche, the ship I'm stationed at as Assistant Chief Flight Controller, a few piloting tricks, and he said he'd beam my friends and I where we wanted to.

While most of his friends were able to be calm about the trip to Barcelona, none except Mike were able to stay cool about Ragna being stationed on a Prometheus. They all started firing off questions about how he got there, what it's like, and if he saw it in Multi-Vector-Assualt-Mode yet.

Ragna: Calm down guys, I'll tell you all about it when we're in Barcelona and I have a drink in one hand, and a pool cue in another, and once it gets late enough, maybe we'll see what their clubs are like.

=/\= Ragna to Daniels: 9 to beam to Barcelona =/\=

OFF: And I got one more post to go...

Tag: People
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:33 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Ready Room, 0915, Day 1>

Brad entered the ready room just as Jadan was leaving. He nodded curtly to Jadan; who appeared to be wearing yet another badge on his collar. Brad stepped inside, nodding to Captain Kersare.

Brad: Is there something that I can help you with?

Kersare:*Smiling* Just take this off my hands. *Handing Brad his rank pip.*

Brad:*Amazed* Wow...I don't really know what to say...I mean....

Kersare: You deserved it...without your help we may never have sovled the entire problem. Maran seems to owe you a debt of gratitude, as do we.

Brad: I was just doing my job sir...besides the Marans helped too, and the rest of the Malinche crew.

Kersare: Yes, they did. Whats the status of sickbay?

Brad: Everything is fine...the staff is a bit stiff for me taste...hopefully this shoreleave will sorta destress them...you know level them out. If not I may be forced to take matters into my own hands.

Kersare: I have no doubts that you would. I hope you have a good shoreleave, have anything special planned?

Brad: Not really, I have a few colleagues at Starfleet Medical that might want to hear about my recent exploits...thanks again sir.

OFF: Thanks cappy!

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:34 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Ready Room, 0920, Day 1>

Mason left the transporter room, heading up to the bridge. The corridors were filling up with crew waiting to disemark for leave. For the first time in his life Mason was looking foward to going home and having all of his favorite dishes cooked over a hot stove. He even had an old fashioned televsion set programmed with twenty first century shows. He used to sit there for hours on end. Somehow the holodecks didn't do the housr where he grew up justice sure it was an exact copy but the feeling wasn't there.

The lift stopped at the bridge, Hunt left it and stood in front of the ready room door.

Kersare: "Come In."

Isabel smiled as her XO walked in, she too was feeling a bit down and tired but was ready to head down for the hearing. She had just finshed up her morning breakfast putting on her uniform jacket.

Hunt: "All set to beam down, Captain?"

Kersare: "Yes i am, what's the status of the crew and ship?"

Hunt: "All ship functions will go to automatic once Jadan has finshed repairs and the crew are beaming down to earth now and to other places for shoreleave. Operations command reports the sweep will take a couple of hours. The maintance yards can't do any retrofitting until its done. The computer will need your access code to shutdown all command functions during that time."

<Tag Kersare>

Kersare got up from behind her desk putting on her uniform jacket.

Kersare: "So Mason where are you going lounge about down on earth?"

He smiled walking with her out onto the bridge.

Hunt: "I am going to visit my mother and family, pop in on some old friends. What about you after the hearing?

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:34 pm

ON:
<<USS Malinche-B>>
<T'serra's Quarters, 0922, Day 1>

T'serra woke up feeling kinda tired she wasn't sure why and then again she remembered it was her birthday she wondered if anyone on the ship knew yet with a small smile on her face. She got out of bed and took a quick shower also remembering everyone's on shoreleave now that the Malinche is back at earth. She smiled at the prospect of going down to earth and enjoying some shoreleave though she wasn't quite sure what she would do its been years since she has been to earth. She wondered what Cheetara was going to do for shoreleave and desided to go find her hoping she wasn't to busy to talk. So she put on a clean uniform and went off to look for Cheetara.

<Wandering Corridors, 0930, Day 1>

T'serra wandered around the corridors not really knowing where Cheetara was at the moment but hoped to find her while she wandered around still she noticed no one seemed to know it was her birthday today. She thought that she might not have mentioned anything about it so she wasn't bothered by that. She turned a corner and almost walked right into Cheetara before she could stop in time.

T'serra: (With a small smile) I was looking for you and hoped I would walk into you but not quite like what almost happened here. So do you have any plans for shoreleave?

OFF: Tags Thundera
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:36 pm

ON:

== 0900 Hours, Inquiry Day 2 ==

Grayson and Marcus marched into the deathly quiet room that thundered with their footsteps on the marble floor. They took their respective places in the center of the room atop the seal of Starfleet and looked at the officers in front of them; everyone was seated except for the center chair that Admiral Nehnyev had occuppied. There had been no word on who would replace the senior admiral, but they were bound to find out soon. Marcus turned toward the small gallery off to his left to see Captain Kersare. She stood and motioned for him to come over to her, which he did after cautiously looking over the group of senior officers in front of him.

Marcus: Have you heard anything about who's replacing Nehnyev?

Kersare: *quietly* Only rumors. Last I knew though, the Maran delegates had requested an audience with the convening authorities, but that was late last night.

Marcus: I doubt this can get any worse?

The door on the far side of the room slid open, cueing Marcus to return to his spot next to Grayson. Both men pushed their shoulders back and looked straight ahead as the new convening authority entered the room: Major General Amanda Beckett, a Marine in her early-fifties with little tolerance for any infraction of Starfleet regulations, no matter how small. His heart sunk when he saw her austere figure. Marcus remembered on his way back to Earth, he had seen her name mentioned as a possibility for the head of the inquiry and had looked over her personnel file: she was the last person he wanted to head this inquiry up and most likely meant the end of his career as an officer.

Beckett: *sitting down* Good morning, gentlemen. I am Major General Beckett and will be taking over for Admiral Nehnyev as the head of this inquiry. I would like to start by saying that I have reviewed both of your service records and taken things seen there into account for the remainder
of the investigation.

Marcus breathed a sigh of relief. His record from his time aboard the Emory had been spotless and his commanding officer had even written several shining commendations. This bode well for him, though he wasn't sure about Grayson's record. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Grayon's stoic face refuse to give away any indication of what he was thinking.

Beckett: There are some here, and abroad, that feel this inquiry is meant as nothing more than a chance for the Federation to bolster its relations with the Maran Republic, and I will say for the record that the thought disgusts me. Relations between our two peoples have never been better and to suggest that this inquiry is being done for no other reason than to increase our standing with the Marans is perposterous and downright offensive.

The Marine waited and let the information sink in, sweeping her gaze from Marcus to Grayson to the gallery of cadets and finally to the gallery of officers; this was a message for everyone. As Marcus followed her gaze, he took note that there were in fact, no Marans present at the inquiry. His curiosity was piqued, but he did his best not to show it.

Beckett: Early this morning, the Maran Republic officially dropped their complaint against Lieutenant Jonathan Marcus. *over the hushed whispers that rippled through the galleries* This inquiry, however, will still continue. Regardless of what the Marans say, there was still an infraction of Starfleet regulations, and we will get to the bottom of it. We will carry on in the format that Admiral Nehnyev laid out. Today, we will question you together, followed by individual questioning beginning tomorrow. Are you gentlemen prepared to continue?

OFF

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:36 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<Sickbay, 0945, Day 1>

Brad was almost done looking over the latest updates from Starfleet Medical concerning cardiovascular care. His sickbay was quiet, most of his officers had gone down to Earth on shoreleave. Not that Brad really blamed them. That was something that was much different about the Malinche then on the Soulwolf.

Here, his staff barely spoke to each other outside of the office. On the Soulwolf he could often recall seeing them together on many different occasions outside of work, he had often joined them. But, things were different here. His staff was considerablly smaller and not as outgoing as his nurses and fellow medical memebers had been on the Soulwolf.

He sighed and took another drink of his coffee, wondering what he would do after he finished reading. He could call Jadan and see what he was up too...or he could bug the Marans once again with a status report of Adam's condition. They were pleasent when talking to him, but he knew that his calls might have been getting slightly irritating.

Jadan was most likely occupied with engineering, although he was still finding his niche. Brad new that he hated having to give up tactical but the Malinche needed a cheif engineer and truth be told Jadan knew almost as much technically as Adam did about the engines. He sighed, turning back to his display to continue reading.

OFF: