Deep and Dark

Posts for the USS Malinche's shoreleaves

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:26 pm

ON:

== USS Malinche, Ragna's Quarters ==
== 1300 Hours, Day 7 ==

Marcus shook his head again. He remembered his Academy days when he'd go out with his buddies and do the same: drink until he didn't remember what they did. They did it for no other reason that it was "the thing" to do. He remembered as they entered their 3rd and 4th years, they spent less time drinking and more time in the simulators. Unfortunately, Jonathan had become one of THOSE cadets that spent every spare minute in simulators with his friends. He felt he was better off
because of it.

Ragna: *seeing the expression on Marcus' face* I'm sorry, I'll let you know as soon as I remember, sir.

Marcus: Just don't make a habit of it, cadet. Don't forget that you're representing this ship whenever you're out.

<< tag Ragna >>

Jonathan curtly nodded at the cadet and turned, stepping out of the room and into the corridor. He turned and started away from the section of the ship dedicated to personal quarters. He neared the Turbolift and stepped in, commanding the lift to take him to Tactical Astrometrics. The short ride to Deck 7 ended with the lift slowly coming to a stop and the familiar sound as the doors slid open. Marcus marched out of the Turbolift and rounded the corner and entered the large room that was essentially his office. Standing in the center of the room were his two officers: Ensigns Rachel Lyran (NPC) and K'vhell (NPC).

Marcus: Let me be the first to formally welcome you aboard the Malinche. Now, I'm sure Starfleet will be passing along our orders shortly and we have a lot of work to do between now and then. Lyran, I want you to run a level 4 diagnostic followed by an efficiency report on the
weapons array. K'vhell, I want an efficiency report on the shield generators, and make sure to include theoretical limits for multiple scenarios. I'll be preparing my battle readiness report for the captain if you need me.

The two ensigns moved their separate ways to do their work while Jonathan moved to the center console and began his report. There was no time for shoreleave now, it was time to work.

OFF

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:26 pm

<<USS Malinche>>
<<Intelligence Office, 1500, day 7>>

Mark Grayson entered the room, making the best not to show his worries. Being blackmailed by an unknown organization was not easy to concel from his friend Mike Derrin (NPC). But, Mark was good in lying. Lie to someone come with the territory of being an intel operative.

Mike Derrin raised his eyes from a report and a smile appered on his face.

Derrin: Mark! You're back!

Grayson: *Smiling back* Yes, I guess I'm back.

Derrin: When I heard what you did, I thought myself: "This guy is nuts!" I'm glad everything worked alright. Although, I still don't understand what happened down there.

Grayson: Well, it's quit obvious. They gave us a second chance.

It was a lie. But, then, again, it was true.

Derrin: Still... I'll never understand Starfleet HQ. I'm glad you're back. I would hate to take your post.

Grayson:*patting Derrin on the back* It would be a change, Mike. So, what's up?

Derrin started to give Mark an extense list of reports and details about the mission in Maran. Most of it, Mark knew already, but kept hearing, because his mind was away thinking about the blackmail.

The shadowy figure had mentioned something about his father and a project called... Firefox. What hell was that?

Derrin, then, started to talk about the latest news from Intel HQ. Nothing impressive, but, essential. Mark listened to that with more attention.

Derrin: You know, it's the first time you don't interrupt me saying you already knew all that.

Grayson:*hardening his voice* If your recall, Mike, I was kind of distracted, trying to save my career. I spent a full week in a dammed enquiry.

Derrin: Whoa, Mark! I was just joking. Are you sure you ok?

Grayson: *rubbing his temples* Yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, I'm just stressed. I think I'm going to spend some time in the Holodeck.

Mike nodded. He looked suspicious, but, probably decided to let it go.

Derrin: Good idea, boss. Don't worry I'll hold the fort for ya.

Grayson: *Snorting* "Hold the fort"? Don't tell you've been watching that old Western movies from the 20th century?

Derrin: Hey, they're good.

Mark laughed and then left his friend back to his work. He didn't feel like going to the Holodeck. He had to talk to his father, but, that would be difficult.

"Nothing is always eays", thought him, as he walked through the Malinche's long corridors.

OFF: Just something quick. Tag people.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:27 pm

<<Hunt Manor, 0735, Day 3>>

After eating a broad variety breakfast, Mason went up stairs to his room and got his bag. It was time for him and Isabel to head back up to the ship. By now the Barrion sweep was completed and most of the ship's compliment was back on board. Isabel had her bag with her talking Hunt's mom. They stopped because they saw him come down. Mason also stopped wondering what they were talking about.

"Ok, should I be nervous or embassared?" Mason asked making his way down the rest of the stairs.

"Now, son don't worry I didn't tell her anything embassaring." (She moved away snickering)

"Mason, we should be getting back. Jadan should be working on the repairs and we are due to leave soon."

The XO felt sad about leaving home, the way his mother was talking the night before he was worried about her now more than ever. Isabel put her hand on his shoulder reminding him it was time to go. Both walked out down the road not looking back. It was a short walk to the relay station, Isabel felt the need for a small snack before going back aboard. Her stomach was growling, Mason could not help but hear it, so he opened up the nap sack and pulled out some fresh sweet smelling apricots and handed her a few.

"Thank you, Mason. Hmmm fresh fruit it's been a while since I had any. Are you ok?"

Mason ate one putting the rest away. He didn't want to admit it but he was feeling a bit down over the fact that his mother would soon be alone in that big house what made that feeling worse was his uncle coming over to bother her with some ridiculus notion about something.

"I'm fine really, just a bit home sick. It's strange though i havn't felt this way in so many years. Seeing that house again mom..."

They reached the station. The teleport operator had just come on duty taking their credit chips inserting them into the stand.

"Good morning Captain, Commander where to?"

Isabel patted Mason's shoulder once more seeing as though he couldn't speak.

"Two to beam up to the Malinche."

Mason stood next to Isabel as they vanished into thin air.

<<USS Malinche, 0740, Day 3>>

Within mere seconds they found themselves back on the ship, the sterile air was enough to knock some sense back into the XO. Isabel saw this and smiled.

"Feeling better?" she asked him stepping off the pad.

"Indeed, silly as it seems." (He said smiling)

"Alright, let's get to the bridge. I want to see what the base engineers have done it."

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B