Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Thundera
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:37 pm

OFF: It's a long one, But not as long as I could have made it...LOL

ON:
<<USS Malinche>>
<Corridor on Deck 4, 0930, Day 1>

{insert} T'serra: (With a small smile) I was looking for you and hoped I would walk into you but not quite like what almost happened here. So do you have any plans for shoreleave? {insert done}

"No, I don't have any plans for shoreleave. I'll probably stay onboard the ship and tend to various duties that will need to be done."

"Oh come now, you got to get out for a little bit", T'serra said. "It's not good for you to hang about the ship during the whole shoreleave. What is there that you really have to do anyway?"

Wondering about T'serra's motives for wanting Cheetara to get of the ship for a bit, she responded a little more aggressively. "Lots of things really. First of all, I have to train this new person for Chief of Security. I'm going to have to show him all the ropes and protocals onboard this ship. Then I'm going to have to have a staff meeting of all tactical and security personel in order for them to know that he's here now. Then I have several anal...."

T'serra cut Cheetara off with a sigh of regret for asking. "Alright fine. If you don't want to come out with me, that's all you had to say. "

Cheetara looked at the way T'serra's facial expression had changed and then began speaking with a softer tone. "I tell you what. I'll make a deal with you. Let get this meeting over with the new Chief of Security and other staff, and then I'll meet you and help you celebrate your birthday. How's that sound?"

T'serra looked dumbfounded and couldn't get any words out of her mouth as she began to smile. After a moment and the shock wore off, she spoke. "How did you? Why didn't you?........."

"Don't ask such silly questions. Do we have a deal?" Cheetara said cutting her off.

T'serra threw her arms around Cheetara giving her a big hug and the said, "Yes. So when and where do you want to meet?"

"Meet me at Mamasito's Lounge in Rome, Italy at 1500. We can have lunch and then decided from there." replied Cheetara.

"Alright. I'll see you there." T'serra said as the jolliness came back into her face and voice as she began to trot off.

As Cheetara continued on her way making her rounds, the ships computer announced to her that the new Chief of Security had arrived. Cheetara wasn't really anxious about this, but she wanted to get it over with.

+taps+ "Lt. Thundera to Lt. MacLeod, meet me in my office at 1000"

"MacLeod here, I'll be there."

Cheetara made her way to her office to prepare for the meeting with the new Security Chief. Cheetara never really used the security office anyway, it was basically just there for nothing. Now with the new guy coming in, atleast it would be used.

<CTO Office, 1000, Day 1>

Cheetara heard her door chime and knew automatically who it was. "Enter", she said.

Cheetara looked up as a tall, stocky man with a goatee and brown hair walked in. She stood up as she began to speak. "You must be Lt. MacLeod"

"Indeed I am", he replied as he began extending a hand to shake.

Cheetara just pointed to a chair and said, "Have a seat right there. We have alot to go over before I can turn over your security clearance codes to you."

Cheetara went over in great detail about what his duties would be onboard the ship and how the ship ran, as well as what is expected of the security team. After about 2 hours, Cheetara told him that it was time for a security team meeting.

+taps+ "Cheetara to all Security Teams. Meet me in holodeck 2 for a meeting right now!. You have 5 minutes to get there. And the first one there needs to activate Security Program Beta 42."

Cheetara stood up and looked at MacLeod. "Alright, let's go"

He rose and followed her to holodeck 2.

<Holodeck 2, 1205>

They arrived at holodeck 2 and entered. Cheetara looked around seeing that everyone had made it there on time.

"Very good. I'm glad to see that all of you made it on time. I'm calling this meeting because of some few changes that are being made on this ship." Cheetara started and watched as faces changed to give off various expressions. "The Captain has decided that the Chief Tactical and Security are going to be split up now. So I am going to introduce to you, your new Chief of Security. Everyone, this is Lt. Brian MacLeod (pointing to him). I have explained to him in great detail about how this department works, and what is expected onboard this ship. Make sure that you give him the same respect and common courtisy that you have given me, as well as that you had given Lt. Jagan. Mr. MacLeod, the floor is yours."

Cheetara listened as Brian went over some polices that he expected and answered a few questions. Then when the meeting was over, Cheetara congradulated Brian on his new assignment.

"If you need help with something, don't be afraid to ask." Cheetara said after all of the security staff had left.

"Thank you. I will" Brian said.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a previous engagement." Cheetara said and then left out of the holodeck and headed to her quarters to change before meeting T'serra at their destination.

<<Earth>>
<Mamasito's Lounge in Rome, Italy, 1445>

Cheetara arrived a few minutes early and waited for T'serra to get there. She went ahead and ordered a drink. A few minutes later T'serra walked in. Cheetara raised her hand and signaled T'serra to let her know that she was already there. T'serra wondered over and took the seat directly across from her at the table.

OFF: tag T'serra and MacLeod
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:39 pm

// =/\= Ragna to Daniels: 9 to beam to Barcelona =/\=

Without a responce, 5 of the 9 dissappeared into a bright beam. Only a brief moment later, the rest of the 9 disappeared from Gillies Sports Bar as well. They all appeared inside a living room of a very well furnished house.

Ragna: *yelling down a hallway* Hey Uncle Bill, we're here.

Bill, his mother's sister's husband, walked down the stairs. Bill was always generally a nice guy, and enjoyed having a blast himself. A perfect place for a few friends to crash after a full night of partying.

Bill (NPC): Ahh, finally. It's good to see some more youth in this place. Since your cousin Jacob got his own place, This house has been mighty quiet.

Ragna walked up and shook his uncles hand.

Ragna: Guys this is Bill, Bill, this is the guys. We were gonna just head right out if you don't mind. Any rules for if and when we get back tonight?

Bill: Don't break anything, and if it's too late, don't wake your Aunt Mary.

Ragna: *nodding* Thanks again Uncle Bill, I owe you one.

Bill: So what's the tally up to about a million?

Ragna: Give or take a couple, where does jacob live now anyways? I was hoping to get him to go out with us, he usually knows where's fun to go.

Bill: About half a mile over, remember the race track. They tore it down and built up a few houses.

Ragna: Thanks Uncle Bill.

Ragna waved as led his friends out the front door.

After they all were out of the house, Ragna took a minute to just breath in the fresh air, before he and his friends headed off to his cousin Jacobs. The walk only took twenty minutes. They met up with Jacob, and went right out to the bar, having already wasted so much precious time.

<< 1112, Day 2, Shuttle Bay >>

Ragna woke up, his clothing was dissheveled, and he could still taste whiskey, and a few other things. He stood up and looked about. At first he was heading towards the doors, to head back to his quarters, but then he realized, the shuttle bay was much too small to be that of the Malinche. He looked around at what shuttles were docked, noticing an Argo Transport, and a couple Wyvern Hopper Transports closest to him. He was sure those weren't on the Malinche.

Ragna took a few minutes to gather his thoughts, and himself, and tried to remember how he got here. He tried for 20 minutes to no avail. Finally he was fed up and tapped his badge.

=/\= Ragna to Malinche: One to beam up =/\=

Daniels: Ahh finally reporting in Cadet, what's your coordinates.

Ragna: Uhh... Give me one second sir.

Ragna walked to the panel on the wall of the shuttlebay.

Ragna: Computer, where am I?

Computer: Shuttlebay 2 of Saber-class USS Road Runner

Ragna: Did you hear that sir? Shuttlebay 2 of the-

Daniels: I heard, hold on one second.

Ragna appeared in a beam of light, barely staying on his own two feet. He nodded slightly to the Ensign, and stumbled off to his personal quarters to pass out.
NCC 38997-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:39 pm

<<Earth>>
<Starfleet Academy, 1400, Day 1>

Jadan moved deftly to the left, watching as the Red Squad cadet sailed by and landed on the mat. Another two rushed in, Jadan caught thier fists and tossed them to the sides, coming around and blocking another punch that wass thrown by another cadet.

Jadan:*Flipping the cadet over* Derrick, you assured me these guys had improved...from what I am seeing I would have to say that you are lying.

Jadan was friends with Derrick Lemaster, a former student of the Maran martial arts, he was an instructor at the acdamey and the Red Sqaud's hand held combat teacher. So far his students were disappointing to Jadan...and by the look that Derrick was giving them, to him as well.

Derrick: You're the one that insisted on stopping by *wincing as another student gets laid out by Jadan* Besides I told you that I needed more time with them.

Jadan: Yeah, yeah so you said.

OFF:

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:04 pm

OFF: Hmm..an attempt at novel style..we'll see how it goes..

ON:
<<Bridge, 0930, Day 1>>

"Well, I was thinking of looking up an old friend that I met during my Academy days. He was at my wedding, but doesn't yet know of my husband's death," Isabel replied, turning to Mason.

Mason nodded, looking back at her, "I'm sorry about your husband, Captain."

She smiled, "It's not your fault, but thank you. And didn't I tell you? We're not on duty and we're on shoreleave; it's Isabel."

The two started towards the turbolift, ready to head down to the transports to beam to Earth. It had been a stressful mission. Unfortunately, that wasn't over; Isabel still needed to attend the inquiry. Honestly she wasn't looking forward to it, but she wanted to show her support to Jonathan and Mark and find out their fate.

She smiled to herself, thinking of the good times she'd had with her friend. Hopefully he wouldn't be too busy and would have time to visit. Isabel had sent him a message on their way back to Earth and he seemed pleased to hear about her coming back.

Before entering the turbolift, Isabel turned back to the bridge, issuing a final command before her departure, "Computer, shut down all command functions authorization Kersare Alpha Seven Gamma."

"Authorization code accepted, command functions are now offline."

Nodding with satisfaction, she got in the turbolift with Mason.

<<StarFleet Headquarters, Inquiry Day 2, 0910>>

Isabel watched the proceedings silently, her jaw set. It was good that the Marans had retracted their complaint against Jonathon, although having Admiral Beckett(NPC) presiding might not be in their favor...

Thus far Mark and Jonathan had been presenting themselves rather well, which she hoped would continue. If she was lucky, the charges would all be dismissed; Isabel didn't like the idea of losing two of her officers.

The inquiry continued, as Admiral Beckett prepared to question the two officers. Isabel listened intently, trying to decide how the Admiral would take their words. No doubt she would let them know.

OFF: Well...that was me, attempting novel style..lol. Mason, feel free to continue from where I left off, or just go on ahead to Earth... Mark and Jonathan, I know you guys had some things planned, so I just figured I'd establish her presence a little more. Tag to the crew, keep up the great posting!
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 pm

<<Earth, 0940, Day 1>>

Mason departed company from Kersare as she went to attent the hearings, he didn't envy her having to attend was one of the hardest things of being a CO. Just a few blocks down was a transporter station. It was unmanned and luckily for Mason open. He took in some brief scenes of waving trees and cadets laughing and talking. Once he approched the computer stand, Hunt inserted his credit chip.

=/\=Credit accepted, Welcome Back to Earth Commander Hunt. Please step onto the transport platform.=/\=

He stepped up and braced himself for seeing home once again, the beam caught him taking him a part piece by piece and reassmbling him in his own front porch. Just as imagined the aroma of hie mother's famous apple pie was floating in the winds as was other foods she was cooking. Mason opened up the fornt door to discover it was locked. He found that to be a bit odd it never was like that when he visited home.

So he stepped back and rang the door chime. He could hear the sound of quiet feet approch the door, it was his mother greeting him with a warm smile and a huge hug.

"Mason, son good to have you home. Come in Come in. I have called our entire family over for dinner. They can't wait to see you."

As much as he loved family, all he wanted to was sit out in the back with a whole apple pie and relax watching the sun go down. His mother told him take off his boots and pull up a chair. She had his favorite seat all set as if she was preparing it for months.

"You Mason, your uncle has been trying to contact you."

"You mean uncle ben, the one who wants me to join with his work on time displacement and water time tables?"

"The same, but he has now diverted his time into city and state politics, his running for federation president and wants you to be his chief of staff."

The XO choked and put down his spoon.

"Mother, he doesn't give up does he. He knows I am a starfleet officer and that's all I want to be."

"Well, you will have to explain that to him when he gets here. So did you transport down with anyone?"

"Just my CO, Captain Kersare. She is attending a few hearings."

"You should have her over for dinner, I have always wanted to meet one of your CO's."

"Mom."

His mother gave him that look of what she said was final.

"Yes, mother."

Hunt leanes back in his chair after having two helpings tapping his comm badge.

=/\=Hunt to Kersare, I know you are involved with hearings at the moment when you get a free moment you have an open invitation to dinner at my home here are the cooridinates. Respond when you can Hunt out.=/\=

OFF: Tag Kersare
Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Rayne
Crewmember
Location: Running away from the penguins that come one by one to steal away my sanity

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:06 pm

ON:

<<Earth>>
<Mamasito's Lounge in Rome ,Italy,1500 hours, Day 1>

T'serra Walked into Mamasito's Lounge feeling kinda excited about shoreleave now that she had something to do while she was on shoreleave and being her birthday it made shoreleave that much more enjoyable. She looked around to see if Cheetara was there already and having spotted her at a table waving her hand T'serra wandered over and sat directly across from Cheetara.

T'serra: Im glad you said to meet you here its been so long since I have been here. I can remember back when I was in the academy I'd come here with a group of friends and have lunch before we would go have fun doing various things. Sadly they're not here anymore some of them stationed at various ships a few of them lost in the dominion war.

Thundera: <?>

T'serra looked around a bit and finally the waiter came over and took their orders and went off to see that they were made.

T'serra: A uncle of mine on Vulcan contacted me earlier today and wished me a happy birthday though he didn't quite say it like that. He said he was sending me something but he didn't say exactly what it was though he said I might have to find someplace big enough to put it. Which makes me wonder what it was he sent me

Thundera: <?>

OFF: Tags Thundera
Ensign Sara Rayne
Acting Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer

USS Malinche-B NCC-38897-B

"Beware The Penguins!"

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:06 pm

OFF: Okay...what with the inquiry and regular shoreleave being at different times, this may seem a little screwy....

ON:
<<StarFleet Headquarters, 1200, Day 2>>

Isabel walked out of the room with the rest of the crowd, as Admiral Beckett(NPC) had called for a recess for lunch. Most of the onlookers were quiet, straight-faced, but some were discussing the proceedings in small groups. She noticed some of the others watching her, undoubtedly wondering how the Commanding Officer allowed something like this to happen.

Having received Mason's message, Isabel turned down an empty hallway and tapped her comm badge. "Kersare to Hunt, I just received your message. I'd be delighted to join you at your home for dinner. Would this evening be alright?"

A few moments later, she heard Mason's voice, a little more relaxed than usual. "This evening would be perfect. How does 1630 hours sound, Isabel?"

Smiling to herself, she replied, "Wonderful. I have the coordinates, I'll transport over then. Kersare out."

It seemed like an eternity since she had had a homecooked meal. The change of scenery would be nice as well. As of yet, she hadn't had time to find her friend. Hopefully she'd get a chance to tomorrow. Isabel had known him since her Academy days, but hadn't seen him in...almost four years.

As she started back towards the inquiry, she paused and tapped her communicator. "Kersare to Ragna, where are you cadet?"

After a long pause, a rather tired voice answered, "I'm in my quarters...sleeping.."

"Well, wake yourself up. I want you to transport down here to StarFleet Headquarters immediately. You'll be attending the inquiry with me," Isabel informed him, not giving him the chance to disagree.

She stood in the corridor, awaiting Joseph's arrival. As a cadet, he probably had not witnessed a proceeding such as this, and it might help invoke a new respect for following procedures in the young man. Isabel admired his spirit, and perhaps having him around would help the inquiry seem to go faster... She also wondered what the rest of her crew were up to for shoreleave.

OFF: Marcus/Grayson, feel free to post what happened before this at the inquiry if you so choose, just wanted to get a few things in. Tag to Ragna, Grayson, Marcus, Hunt and the rest of the crew
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:07 pm

ON:

<<Earth, Hunt Manor, 1210, Day 2>>

Having over heard the conversation, Hunt's mother went back into the kitchen kneeling into a cubbered for her evening pots. It had too long since Mason brought anyone home for dinner and he too was a bit excited but nervous all the while. It wasn't the fact of having Isabel over it was his mother telling her embassasing stories of him in his youth. He was really worried about the photo ablum being whipped out for show and tell.

The house was huge, it covered just about three acres of land covered with grass on all sides. Mason's mother called out to him while he was watching some birds touch down and drink water from the nearby pond.

"Yes, mother."

"It will be dark when your Captain arrives, prepare the guest room. Make sure there are plenty of blankets and pillows you know how the guest rooms including yours can be on cool night."

"Mom, she may wish to return to command headquarters and stay there."

His mother payed him no mind and went about her cooking, being at the ripe age of sixty she was well set in her ways. Heading up to the guest room the door chime rang. Itw as the uncle his mother had warned him about earlier. Mason walked back down to open the door. The sudden excitement was slienced by the widen smile of his uncle.

"Mason, Mason old boy how are you? Looking good and I see you have a new pip on that collar of yours. Food smells great come in and lets talk."

"Uncle Ben, its good to see you again, (being reluctant pulling up a seat in the living room) Mother tells me you have changed professions once again."

Mason's mother brought out two cups off coffee and a slice of cake for the two. Ben didn't even take a sip he wanted to pouch his offer to Mason.

"Mas, listen I know your mother has told you of my offer, I could really use you by my side."

Putting down his cup and turning to Ben, Hunt shook his head.

"Im sorry Uncle Ben, my life is strickly starfleet and it will always be that. My place is amongst the stars not behind a desk attending banquets."

Ben saw the liquor cabinet just in the corner of the room, now wasn't the time for coffee so he poured himself a drink.

"Well, then I will see you at supper."

Ben walked out the back door, and sat out on the river bank sipping his wine. Mason felt bad but he knew Ben would get over it. So he went upstairs and prepared the guest room for kersare's possible stay. Once he was finshed there, he passed the long window pane that connected the hallways together. The brightness of the sun filled the entire floor giving everything an ora of beauty.

The volume of voices began to increase as the day went on, alot of hugging and chatting went on for hours. Mason didn't go down he had just arrived and he wanted to take in a nap before Kersare arrived.

Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:09 pm

<<StarFleet Headquarters grounds, Day 2, 1230>>

Nol sighed and looked around. It was a beautiful spring day, birds chirping, wind blowing, sun shining. Not a cloud in the sky. It was absolutely perfect.

He was more bored than he could ever remember being.

"Nol?"

He turned to see a young Bajorn woman, about 10 years his junior, in traditional Bajoran military reds. Her golden hair flowed like honey down past her shoulders, and her smile was brighter than the sun.

"Ferin?!"

He stood still for a moment in shock, then embraced her close, holding her tightly to him.

Her hug was warm, and inviting, like summer rain after a swim. She finally pulled away, though not too far, and looked up at him, beaming.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm on shoreleave."

She blinked, and looked shocked for a moment, looking him up and down, then stepped back, warily, "You joined Starfleet."

It wasn't a question, "I asked for a commision after Bajor was accepted."

She crossed her hands in front of her and looked down shaking her head, "I...I don't know what to say."

Nol licked his dry lips, and opened his mouth to speak, but her head lifted back up, and her smile was even wider, "I'm so proud of you."

He blushed, and swallowed hard, "I was afraid you might think I was stupid, but I felt we owed them a lot for what they let us do with the Prophet."

She reached out and squeezed his arm softly, "You were an exceptional XO. You taught me more than I ever knew I could learn, Nol."

He felt himself blush, and put his arm around her, "What are you doing here?"

It was her turn to blush, "Well, who better to serve as Ambassador's Aide than a war hero?"

They started walking together aimlessly, arms around each other, "You are much more than just a war hero. You saved my life countless times."

"You saved mine just as much."

"I remember. You were still one hell of a helm officer."

She smiled up at him, "I learned from the best."

"Ferin, there's something I should tell you. I ran into an old friend on my last mission."

"Oh?" she asked, "Who?"

He squinted up towards the sapphire blue sky, "Rass'nor."

She kept walking, but he could feel her chill beside him, "So he is still alive."

Nol nodded his head, "Yes. I guess we didn't destroy his ship as thuroughly as we thought."

"No, we did. He just slithered his way out."

Nol stopped, and put his hands on her shoulders, "Ferin, listen to me. I'm going to find him. And I am going to make him pay for every life he destroyed. I am going to make sure he dies looking at me, and knowing he took my family, and yours."

She stared at him for a second, then hugged him tightly, almost as if melting into him, "I know you will. We may not be related, but I didn't make you my adopted big brother for nothing."

He kissed her hair, and laied his cheek on the top of her head, feeling her start to cry, "I'll find him, Ferin. I'll find him, and I'll kill him."

OFF:[/i]

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:09 pm

ON:

== Starfleet Headquarters ==
== 2000 Hours, Inquiry Day 2 ==

Today had been longer than yesterday, and Marcus had a feeling it would only get longer. Beckett had kept the inquiry going strong since 0900 and only given them two 30 minute breaks. Jonathan didn't realize he could be so tired for just having stood in the center of the room while reports were read and Starfleet regulations experts brought in to testify against the men. The longer the inquiry carried on, the less confident Marcus felt about the outcome. Amanda Beckett was no push over and the outcome, while fair, would not be what he had hoped for.

Beckett: *addressing the man at the podium* You may step down, Lieutenant. *turning to face Marcus and Grayson* Gentlemen, I won't lie, what I've heard throughout today does not inspire confidence in the actions you took. Make no mistake, I will pursue this matter even more aggressively now that the Marans have dropped their complaint. Tomorrow will begin the individual phase of the inquiry. Lieutenant Grayson, since you have held rank longer than Mr. Marcus, you will face this panel alone tomorrow beginning at 0900. Mr. Marcus, you will face the panel the following day at the same time. Neither of you will be permitted to be present during the other's inquiry. You are dismissed.

The galleries let out murmurs of conversations as the panel of officers stood and exited the room. Jonathan breathed a sigh of relief; after 11 hours, they were done for the day, reason enough for relief. He could tell from Beckett's expression that if she could have kept going, she would have. His gaze fell on the series of windows behind the table to see the dark San Francisco skyline. The only good thing was that he wouldn't have anything to do tomorrow. He was snapped out of his trance by Captain Kersare and Cadet Ragna joining them on the floor.

Marcus: *muttering* That certainly wasn't damning testimony.

Ragna: I've seen worse.

Grayson: If you'll excuse me, ma'am, I should get some sleep before my inquiry tomorrow.

Marcus: Good luck, Mark.

Ragna: With your permission, ma'am, I'd like to return to the Malinche.

Kersare: *nodding* Thank you, cadet. *turning and starting to leave with Marcus* I just want to say that I think you and Mark are handling this well.

Marcus: They're head hunting, Captain. We're nothing more than scape goats to Starfleet now.

Kersare: I can see that, but the important thing is that you haven't lashed out. I'm considering calling in a favor with the Federation Council. If the Marans have dropped the complaint, I see no reason why Starfleet should be pursuing the matter.

Marcus: I'd rather the inquiry went forward.

Kersare: I don't need to remind you that you could lose your commission, do I?

Marcus: No, ma'am, I'm well aware of that, but if we're acquitted, then there will never be any question from anyone.

Kersare: *nodding* I can respect that. I should get back. I'll see you at your inquiry.

Marcus nodded at his former commanding officer and continued to walk toward his assigned quarters. The trip was quiet and gave him ample time to think through the events of the day, not an easy task given all the information that had been thrown around throughout the day. His head was such a jumble that he didn't hear his name called by a middle-aged man that he passed. He felt a hand clap down on his shoulder and turned to face the man, his former commanding officer aboard the Emory.

Marcus: *shocked* Captain Tullan?

Tullan (NPC): *smiling* I heard you got yourself in some trouble, Jon.

OFF

Tag: Grayson

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:10 pm

<<Creighton Medical Center>>
<Emergency Room, 1145, Day 1>

With nothing to do, Brad headed down to his old stomping grounds. Looking up Dr. Huri hadn't been hard and he was more then happy to see his old student. They were sitting together in his office, looking out over the view of the campus.

Huri: It's good to see you again, how are things on the Soulwolf treating you?

Brad: Actually, I was transferred to the Malinche a few weeks ago; things there are going ok I guess....part of me misses the choas of the emergency room.

Huri: You always did like to be in the thick of it.

Brad:*Smiling* And you don't? Besides, you guys get all the fun jobs.

Huri: I doubt that.

Huri opened his desk drawer and tossed Brad a small vial. Brad caught it and looked it over, wondering what it was exactly.

Brad: Whats this?

Huri:*Nodding* Latest designer drug...don't ask me where they are getting it or who's selling it. All the kids call it 'Galaxy Run', its a highly dangerous stimulant.

Brad: Wow, that is interesting...mind if I take a look at this back on the Malinche?

Huri: Go ahead, I'll clear it with the adminstartion and security before you go.

Brad nodded.

OFF:

Kersare
Forum Goddess

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:11 pm

<<Earth, Isabel's temporary quarters, 1615, Day 2>>

After getting out of another long day at the inquiry, Isabel had gone back to her temporary quarters. She had just stepped out of the sonic shower and still had time to spare. Once Isabel was dressed, she took a quick look in the mirror - she wanted to make a good impression as she hadn't met any relatives of any of her crew before.

Nodding with satisfaction, she exited her quarters and headed to the transporter room down the hall. Isabel handed a PADD with the coordinates on it to the young ensign at the console before stepping onto the transporter pad.

The ensign looked up, addressing her, "All ready to leave, ma'am?"

"Yes, energize," Isabel replied, smiling.

<<Hunt Manor, 1622>>

A few moments later Isabel materialized outside what she assumed to be Mason's home. She was taken aback at first at how large it appeared. Her eyes took in the view as she walked towards the door. Nearing the door, Isabel noticed the doorchime and rang it once.

The door opened soon after, Mason smiling as he gestured her inside. "Cap-...Isabel, glad you could come."

As she walked in the door, Isabel smiled back at her Executive Officer, "I'm glad to be here. I hope I'm not too early."

"Not at all, mom's just finishing up a few things and dinner will be ready. Would you like to have a seat in the living room, or out back perhaps?"

After thinking a moment, Isabel replied, "That sounds great, why don't we go out back? The house, everything is very beautiful Mason."

OFF: Tag Mason
Captain Isabel Kersare
Commanding Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

Hunt
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:12 pm

<<Hunt Manor, 1630>>

Having been surrounded by family during the good portion of his first day home, he was glad to Isabel's face. Uncle Ben saw the two walk out through the back door and quickly rose up to his feet.

"Mason, aren't you going to inroduce me to your friend?"

Hunt looked over to his CO with an apologetic look for his uncle's rude behavior.

"Isabel, this is my uncle ben, uncle ben this is Captain Isabel Kersare of the Malinche."

"A pleasure." Isabel extended her hand to Ben.

Ben was not at all impressed, the introduction was nothing more than a reminder to him that he would never get his nephew to leave starfleet and have a political career with him. The sunset was indeed breath taking, Mason never got tired of seeing it, sometimes when he was on earth it would be the highlight of the evening. Kersare's eyes widened by the offset of the sun slowly going down. It was nothing like she had ever seen to her it beat a similar image in a painting as if it were displayed ina museum.

Mason's mother brought out a pitcher of cool lemonade with her famous sweetened lemon on top. Mason pulled a chair out for Kersare and positioned it so she could get a good view of the sunset and the river that flowed beneath it.

"You know Mason, you have a nice house here I can see why its like a resort here."

"Its funny, it used to be one actually until my family bought the land many years ago. The local officials wanted to tear it down and make it an amusement park. So how did the hearings go?"

<Tag Kersare>

The dinner bell had rung, everyone who sat outside came in and took their seats. Ben sat down right across from Isabel. Mason gave him a look of don't start anything or you would have to go home. Ben grumbled a bit and started to eat. Being a guest in his home, Mason offered to fix Isabel a plate.

"What would you like, Isabel?"

<Tag Kersare>

After he brought the food to her, his mother spoke up.

"So, Captain. How long have you served with our Mason. I hope he is not giving you any problems. You know how stubborn he could be."

Commander Mason Hunt
First Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38897-B

Grayson
Senior Staff

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:13 pm

<<Starfleet Headquarters>>
<< 0900, inquiry Day 3>>

Grayson entered the room certain that his dismissal was at hand. He cared about his career, because, deep down, he knew he had done more good things than bad ones. At the end of the day, Mark Grayson II wanted to go to bed with a clear conscience, knowing he had done his best to undo an injustice.

As Mark observed Major General Amanda Beckett entering the room, he was sure she had been handpicked to replace Nehnyev. The whole replacement trick was to gain time; preparing his arguments to what he believed would be very, very painful questioning.

Beckett sat and looked at Mark. He tried to keep his face straight. The woman was known for her ability to dress down a subordinate. She was fair, but, Mark couldn?t say if she was just.

Beckett: Good day. Today we?re resuming the enquiry. Lt. Grayson, please, take the stand. I must remind you that you?re still under oath.

Mark nodded silently as he moved towards the stand.. He had to be cool until the time was right. He had spent the night looking for arguments to expose the so-called enquiry. It was a witch hunt.

Beckett: Lieutenant Grayson, what was your intention when you ordered Lt. Marcus to invade the Maran security files?

Mark nodded. Very predictable question.

Grayson: The truth is, General, I didn?t trust the Maran Government. I?m aware of their status of Allies, but, during the course of my job, I came to conclusion that even Allies don?t tell us everything. Plus, I had a particularly prejudice against the Maran.

Beckett: Prejudice. You said that before. Can you tell us why do you have this prejudice and why did you let it influence you?

That was a surprise question. He didn?t expected Beckett to go too far of the regulations. He took a deep breath.

Grayson: General, during the Dominion War, I worked side by side with a Maran intelligence officer. He repeatedly interfered on my work and my way of doing things, which were effective, but not very honorable, in his opinion. The thing is that espionage is not an honorable job. Intelligence work sounds better, but it is espionage all the same. This Maran interfered during a very critical stage of a mission and because of that I lost a valuable asset. A man died horribly, tortured. Since then, I feel I can?t trust Marans, in general. I understand they have good intentions, but still, they can?t be trusted.

Beckett seemed to consider Grayson?s words.

Beckett: I see. Were you aware that giving Lt. Marcus that order, you were ordering to break several regulations?

Grayson: Of course I was aware, general. I would do that myself, but I had too much data to check and no time. He wanted to help and I gave him something to do. He did question me about that order and I lied to him.

The room became noisy, making Beckett use the hammer.

Beckett: Silence!

The sound start to die slowly. When silence was back, Beckett looked at Mark again.

Beckett: You said you lied to him. Why?

Grayson: Why? Because I wanted that done and I didn?t have time to argue the legality of my order. I said to him exactly what he wanted to hear. Honestly, I didn?t trust him enough to tell the real reasons.

Beckett: That?s a very disturbing thing to for a Starfleet officer to say, Lieutenant. I?m starting to wonder how a man like you managed to become an officer.

Mark smiled inwardly. She was baiting him to give a harsh answer. He wouldn?t give her the pleasure of it.

Grayson: You?re entitled to your opinion, General. Any more questions?

The major general looked annoyed. Clearly she wanted him to get angry and reply something not very polite.

Beckett: Yes, Lieutenant. We have more questions for you.

Mark nodded, silently.

Beckett: After the Marans intercept the invasion of their security system, why did you not say anything to your captain?

Grayson: Because captain Kersare wouldn?t approve or accept my actions. She and Lt. Commander Hunt were aware of my prejudice. Moreover, I didn?t know my actions would create this enquiry.

Beckett:*dryly* So, you acted behind your CO?s back and now you say you didn?t know this would happen? You gave an illegal order, this enquiry would happen anyway.

It was time to get rough.

Grayson:*calmly* With all due respect, general, this enquiry wouldn?t exist if a certain admiral hadn?t pressed the issue. Lt. Marcus was chosen to burn down instead of me.

Beckett: *angry* Don?t make assumptions you can?t prove, Mr. Grayson.

Grayson: *coolly* Of course, general. I can prove the enquiry exists now just for Starfleet don?t lose face with an ally. That?s why I came forward to claim responsibility. An innocent man was going to be destroyed and I no longer would accept that quiet.

Beckett: *hardening the voice* First, mister, you?re out of line with these remarks. Second, you hardly can point who?s innocent in this case. I want you to answer the questions, period. Stop making irrelevant remarks.

Mark blinked. She was getting nervous. Good.

Grayson: *nods* Yes, sir. I apologize for telling the truth. I will try to keep the witch hunt the way you want.

The crowd went wild. Beckett went ballistic as she hit the hammer on the table. This time, the crowd took longer to become silent again. Mark was starting to sweat. He had pushed his luck there.

Beckett: Again, Lt. Grayson, you?re out of line and you?re disrespecting the enquiry officers! One more time and I would hold you for contempt.

Grayson:*ironically* I?m sorry, general. I didn?t mean to disrespect anyone. I?m just trying to answer your questions the best I can.

Beckett didn?t notice Mark?s irony. She looked please by Mark?s answer

Beckett: I have one last question for you, then, I let the rest of the enquiry team start their questioning. Lieutenant Grayson, after all you said, do you believe you should be part of Starfleet?

Good question. Mark didn?t know the answer for that one. He took several moments to come up with something.

Grayson: When I joined Starfleet, I had an idea of how my work would affect others. Intelligence is essential to starships, admirals and all kind of departments. But, after years concealing the truth just to keep the status quo, I don?t think the whole Intelligence department is doing what it supposed to be doing. Today, we use the information as currency. We should work to others, not to make others fully depend on us. So, to answer your question, general, maybe I should quit years ago.

Beckett looked please, but, Mark didn?t finish speaking.

Grayson: Excuse me, I?m not finished. I should quit years ago, but I didn?t for a reason. I do make a difference. I do make the galaxy safer. Every time I give a good intelligence for my captain, I know I?m doing a good thing, because she can do an informed decision. I may have lost sight of several principles during my time serving Starfleet, but, I?m never, at any moment, did something that could hurt the Federation, Starfleet and principally my crewmembers. I would die first.

The crowd was silent. Beckett, despite her initial anger, looked thoughtful. Mark sighed. That had been the most honest answer he had done in the whole enquiry. Beckett made another speech and then, the other enquiry members started their questions.

The day was only beginning, but for Mark, it was already finished. He just had to survive the rest of the day. He hoped JJ could survive his.

OFF: tag Marcus.
Lieutenant Mark Grayson II
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu

Former Member

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:14 pm

<<Starfleet Headquarters>>
<0900, inquiry Day 3>

Jadan sat in the audience, watching as Grayson was grilled by the Federation. He had mixed feelings about what was taking place; and about how both sides were handling the issue. Part of him was upset that Grayson and Marcus would stoop to such a low. Gathering information was one thing, invading the privacy of an ally was something else.

Grayson really seemed to have a dislike for the Marans...although Jadan could at least understand why. Why Marcus was so paranoid was beyond him. He knew the Marans would back out and let them both off the hook; but Starfleet insisted on making it a public trail. Jadan's communicator vibrated, causing him to excuse himself from the room.

Jadan: Jadan here, go ahead.

Maran: I trust you are watching the trail?

Jadan: Yes, it really is a lovely show piece they have put together....how much longer do you think the idiot politicians will drag it out?

Maran: Who knows, we did our best to get the officers off the hook...not an easy task. The queen was very, whats the word you used earlier...'pissed off' when she heard about the break in.

Jadan: They were only doing thier job...well sorta. Do me a favor though, find out what Maran worked with Grayson during the Dominion War. I know we stated out of it largely, but I know we had operatives in key places.

Maran: Getting to those archives could take awhile, I'll contact you via the usual channels and let you know.

Jadan: Thanks, I better get back in there and watch the play...are they still under your protection?

Maran: At all times, though I will say that Starfleet Security is some what of a joke...we've been shadowing them as ordered ever since the Malinche arrived here.

Jadan: You're just that good. Jadan out.

OFF: And who was he talking too?????