On the One Hand, At Least I Got my promotion

Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Roh
Senior Staff

On the One Hand, At Least I Got my promotion

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 am

Ensign Trayven Roh was working on the bridge when he saw Lieutenant Commander Brendan Dernah walking over to the ops console with Captain Andro Trevlar pulling up the rear. The captain had a small velvet box in his right hand. He was smiling as big as a cheshire cat. "Ensign Trayven Roh, please rise," Trevlar said.
As the young ensign rose to his feet, his knees almost buckled under his own weight.

"For your stellar service to the U.S.S. Damocles in the recent Breen incident and for your unswerving loyalty to this ship and crew, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenat, junior grade. Congratulations, son," the captain said as he affixed the hollow pip to Roh's collar.

"Congratulations, Mr. Roh. It was well deserved for your ingenuity when those Breen came out of nowhere and attacked us. Your quick thinking saved this ship from being destroyed," Dernah said shaking Roh's hand most vigorously.

"Thank you, Captain, Commander. This is most appreciated. I never expected to get promoted so soon. I'll try not to let you down," Tray said with surprise on his face. The rest of the junior staff erupted into thunderous applause at the comrade's promotion.

Later that night in the lounge, Roh sat alone with a drink in one hand and a book in the other when all of a sudden the ship rocked violently. Red lights and klaxons went off and Captain Trevlar's voice came over the intercom saying that the ship had struck a gravitic mine. He also called for all senior staff to the Bridge. Roh dropped his book and made his way to the Bridge but when he arrived at the Bridge he found the doors locked. So he made his way to Stellar Cartography to at least watch what was going on outside the ship. Once Roh had arrived at the lab, he found those doors locked also.

"Now this is getting ridiculous," he said to noone in particular. Then deciding that he was not going to figure out what going on, he returned to the lounge and his best friend, Jonny Flowers there. "Johnny, do you know what is going on?"

"Nope I don't, Tray," Jonny said.

"This is what I hate about being a junior officer," Tray said to Jonny. "I so want to become a senior officer now that I got my promotion."
Lieutenant, jg Trayven Roh
Chief Ops Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B