Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Li
Senior Staff

Twins, Really ?

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:31 pm

Post Title: Twins, Really?
Time Frame: This post takes place while the Malinche was docked at SB 259

ON:

Kaia (PNPC) decided that she'd wander the promenade and see what she could find there for lunch rather than eat the replicated food she would live on for the next few months aboard the Malinche, or till StarFleet saw fit once again to transfer her. It had been a long time since she had had some leisure time, all to herself. She didn't know what time her twin Kara would be arriving today, but she felt her sister's presence growing stronger over the past hour. They had been separated for a long time, and it saddened Kaia slightly that she couldn't communicate with her twin as easily as before. Regardless, she was happy that they would be together again soon. She strolled into Quark's Cantina and ordered a non-alcoholic drink as she studied a menu.

Kara had been at the station for roughly an hour, she could feel that Kaia was getting closer and closer, she was very pleased they had gotten an assignment on the same vessel. The twins hadn't been together since their days at the Academy. It would be nice to work together and be back in contact. She walked the Promenade for a while stopping outside Quark's as she stared in, she hated the Ferengi, all of them. But something told her she had to go in.

She walked up to the bar and ordered a Bajoran Fruit Juice, as the bartender gave her an odd star. "Something wrong," she asked. She stopped mid sentence, as she felt a presence, one that hadn't been felt in a while, she turned to see her sister. By now the twins had been gathering a lot of odd looks, two completely identical woman, both were teal uniform; no doubt most of the drunks in the establishment were starting to pass on their next drinks.

"Kara," the sister said outloud, ~It's been a long time,~ she said over their shared connection as the two embraced.

~Stop jumping back and forth just speak normally,~ Kara thought-spoke to her sister teasingly. "I've missed you so much. Are you busy?"

?You were suppose to be here an hour ago, I've been wandering this station for a while waiting for you,? she smiled. ~And no I am not busy,~ Kaia the more devilish of the two enjoyed mixing spoken and telepathic words, it always made the people star at them more curious. ~You know it will be nice to serve on the same ship again, oh the games we could play,~ she let out a laugh that cut the silence.

"But I?m a Senior Officer now," Kara replied. ?I can't go around playing pranks on crew members like, you always had us do. I have a lot of responsibilities.?

Kaia couldn't help but notice one of the drunks near her, he had already slid his glass away from him and continued to look at him, she smiled. ~Oh, please, a switch in comm badges, interrupting each other's thoughts in meetings,~ she continued, "It's all in good fun."

"Until of course, we get caught,? she smiled, ~and certain grumpy security officer begin crumpling their noses again.~ Kara decided to play along with this game of switching between speech and telepathy.

"You remember that Betazoid Minster, what was his name," Kaia stated, ~he used to get so mad at us, mom used to...~ she was interrupted.

"...make us double numbers all the way up into the 22 digits as punishment. Mom said that if we could put our two brains together to cause trouble, then we could use them constructively, at a much better task,? Kara laughed out loud.

~She wasn't that effective at punishment,~ Kaia smiled, "Minster Chou," she shouted as she snapped her finger, "That was his name."

The patrons around them jumped slightly and looked at the twin women, who had thus far only said fragments of sentences aloud, shout a name suddenly. Kaia laughed merrily.

"You shouldn't startle others like that," Kara leaned forward, ~Who knows how some of them,?~

"Will call Security," she said outloud finishing her sister's thought. Their bond was getting stronger and stronger as the two were closer now, soon they would be inseparable, always together. It used to drive the Instructors at the Academy crazy, given their similar DNA, even sensors had a hard time telling them apart. ~We should get to the ship,~ she added, "See if how things are going."

~Sure, but can we eat first? I haven't eaten anything since last night.~

::30 Minutes Later::

Kara smiled as the two walked the decks of the station making their way to the docking port that held the ship they would call home. The twins stood for a second each of them handing a padd containing their transfer orders, "Kara and Kaia Li," Kara smiled.

"Reporting for duty," Kaia smiled at the Security Guard, ~He's cute.~

~If you say so. His face is scrunched.~ Kara smiled at the guard as well as he looked back and forth between the two of them and their PADDs with a perplexed look on his face.

~I don't know,~ Kaia replied, with a smile and a nod to the guard that told him they were talking about him. ~He's fairly well built and handsome in a outbackish, brute sort of way,~ she couldn't help but smile. "Something wrong, Ensign," she asked?

"No-no, ma'am...ma'ams," he stuttered. "Um, your orders are in order, and all of your belongings will be transferred to your quarters...Uh...have a nice day."

"Thank you, Sweetie," Kaia replied sweetly. "You have a good day, too."

~Are you going to play with him?~ Kara asked her sister as she stepped into the airlock.

Kaia reached over taking the padd that belonged to her sister intentionally, "Thank you, come by Sickbay some time," she smiled following her sister." ~No I think I did enough for now,~ she smiled.

Kara took the other PADD from the guard, turning to glare at her sister, ~That was not nice. I don't want him,~ she thought-spoke to Kaia.

Kaia took the padd from her sister, and switch it with the one she was holding. "So what do you think of this assignment, CMO, interesting," she added.

"I don't know," Kara shrugged. "It's probably going to be a lot of stuffy ships, full of crew that think they're better than everyone else..." ~Probably gonna have to treat their little boo-boos they got from overheated PADDs.~

~At least you will have work,~ she added, she nodded at two people who passed them in the hallway, "Most of these types don't come to the Counseling Office, unless ordered too."

~Then you'll have a lot of time to catch up on all the reading you wanted to do.~ Kara smiled as a young crewman passed them, shocked at two identical women from the head-down passed by him.

"Think we will ever get tired of the strange looks," she smiled, "You'd think that we were some circus side show."

Kara sighed, "I guess people aren't used to seeing identical twins anymore. It's a sad fact of modern society." She laughed at herself. "Well, I guess playing with the crew couldn't hurt that much." ~I wonder who will try and flirt with us first?~

~Let's stop by Sickbay, check in with the Staff there, and see what fate has in store,~ she smiled. This was definitely going to be a great assignment.

Off:

NPC Lieutenant JG Kaia Li
Counselor
USS Malinche

and
Lieutenant JG Kara Li
Chief Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B