Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Steele
Senior Staff

Blue and Gray

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 pm

On:
USS Thunderbolt
Year 2373/ 9 hours after declaration of war

The entire crew was on edge after the recent declaration of war as they awaited their official orders. The ship had been put on yellow alert, and two separate combat drills had already been run with more scheduled for the following days. To add to the tension, two Intel officers had arrived onboard, which last time had signaled the court-marshalling of Maquis sympathizers onboard the Thunderbolt.

Science Lab 1

?Ensign Steele??

Aaron looked up from his computer screen to see two officers in gray.

?That?s me.? Came the response, as Aaron was unsure why they would be speaking to him.

The officer wearing the rank of Lt. Commander continued the conversation.
?Is there someplace we can talk in private??

Aaron looked at his boss, Lt. Abrigo who was standing nearby.
?You can use my office.?

CSO?s Office

The Intel officers wasted little time in getting to the point.
?We?ve already discussed this with your Captain, and she told us to talk to you. According to your record, you minored in Intel at the Academy with an emphasis on cryptology/linguistics.?

Aaron nodded.
?That?s right, I did. I assume you have a reason for bringing it up??

Commander Knight inputted some information into the PADD he was holding.
?We do, since the Thunderbolt lacks an Intel agent we would like you to be a liaison officer between the Thunderbolt and the Intel department. Especially since Starfleet has few officers who speak fluent Cardassian. You will still be a science officer but a large portion of your duties will be translating intercepted communiqu?s looking for hidden meaning.?

After some awkward silence Aaron gave his decision.
?I?ll do it. As you pointed out there are few with my expertise, besides science usually takes a backseat in wartime anyway??

Off:
Lt. Aaron Steele
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A