Lost and Found

Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Anderson
Crewmember

Lost and Found

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:44 pm

[Mountains near home]

Emily looked around hoping no one had found her secret hide out. She hated sharing with her brothers. She said and sighed relief when she found no one was around her. She smiled to no one in particular when she went into the cave.

She went to the back of the cave and sat down on a crate. She looked around and shook her head wondering if her brothers would ever accept her as a member of the family. ~Probably not. They blame me.~ She thought.

“Why do they bother with me? I didn’t do anything to them. It’s not my fault she died. Why do they keep blaming me?” She said and the tears flowed freely. She pulled her knees to her chest and looked around at her safe haven. She wondered if this was how it would always be.

“No real friends. Nobody but me. School sucks,” she said and wiped the tears from her face.

“There has to be something I can do.”

Em woke realizing she had cried herself to sleep again. She stood stretching her muscles. Even though she was only fourteen she knew her family wouldn’t worry about her not coming home yet. She shook her head and looked around her hideout wondering if she had remembered to replenish her stash of food.

She walked over to the cupboard and opened it pulling out a cooler with ham in it. She pulled out the bread and made a few ham sandwiches. She knew it would be cold, but she didn’t care. She pulled her parka closer hoping things would work out for her.

She heard something, but shook it off. Suddenly she found she wasn’t alone.

“So this is where you prefer to live. Very well then! If I catch you anywhere near the house again you will be tanned,” her father said and left. She knew this wasn’t good. She sighed and shook her head after he left.

“Now what am I going to do?” She said and sat down on the crate.

TBC!
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Anderson
Crewmember

Re: Lost and Found

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:41 am

Emily had thought of sneaking into the home she once had to withdraw her belongings. She found that was harder than she expected it to be. Her brothers and father guarded their home against her. She had a spyglass in her hideout and used it to see if she stood a chance against them. She knew she didn’t. They took every caution against her.

She sighed and let the idea go knowing she would never see anything she once owned again. She remembered not to cry not wanting it to freeze on her face. She could feel the cold around her getting colder. She walked back toward the cave knowing it wouldn’t give her what she needed.

Emily got lost along the way to the cave. It had started to snow while she looked at her father’s home, and she couldn’t find her footprints again. The snow was falling way too hard for her to see her way. She feared of dying alone in the snow.

About another hour had passed as she continued to walk, or so she had guessed it was another hour. She felt colder than she ever remembered feeling before. She sighed and continued onward hoping she would find some shelter soon. She looked as good as she could before falling down in the snow. She was too cold to continue onward.

“My word what do we have here?” She heard a voice say close by. She felt arms take her out of the snow she was laying in before she completely blacked out.

Emily woke discovering a warm room. She was under some blanket. She looked about spying a figure squatting down by the fire. The girl wondered if this was the voice she had heard. The person turned toward her then smiled.

“Good you’re awake. What in the world were you doing out in this weather? Aren’t your parents worried about you?” The woman said. Emily took her time before answering, then she spilled forth her short sad story. The woman listened sitting close to Em saying nothing until the girl had finished.

“Well then I insist you stay with me. I have no companions here, but I could use one. It’s not much here. You won’t go hungry or be without anything,” the woman answered. Emily wasn’t sure what to say at first.

“I would be delighted to stay with you.”

...More to come....
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Anderson
Crewmember

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 am

Emily was enjoying living in this quaint little home with the older woman. Things were looking up for once. She found herself alone more and more as the woman journeyed out into the cold. The girl wondered where the old woman went, but never could bring herself to ask when the old woman was around.

One day Em was cleaning up after her breakfast. She then swept the floor. She went about her daily chores not realizing anything was different. She sighed and got supper ready for the both of them. She set out the plates, and everything was ready. She sighed when the old woman didn’t show up on time.

Emily cleaned up wondering if everything was alright. She sighed and went to bed figuring it was just another day that the old woman was away and expected her back in the morning. It happened, but not often.

Em got more worried when the old woman wasn’t found in the hut at all the next morning. The girl got ready, and then went looking for her. She started up the path she thought the old woman took.

When the girl returned to the hut she stopped short. Someone else was there looking around. She stayed hidden in the woods watching from a safe distance. She climbed a tree knowing whoever they were would pass under her. Eventually the man and woman came out and headed toward the car.

“It’s a sad thing that happened to the hermit lady. Her heart gave out. It’s a good thing that couple got her to the doctor. Well looks like we can finally condemn this place. Rumor had it that the hermit lady had taken in a girl. We need to find her,” the man said. The woman nodded.

“That won’t be easy. Kid could be anywhere. Well sheriff we should get some people in here and find her. Just the two of us will be impossible,” the woman said. Em sighed and came down out of the tree.

“That won’t be necessary. I’m right here,” she said shocking them both. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. They got her out of there taking her back to the station in town.
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Anderson
Crewmember

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 pm

<Police Station>

Em sat in a chair near the entrance wondering when they would remember she was there. She felt cold and small. ~What is to become of me now? An orphanage?~ She thought shivering. A lady officer noticed her and disappeared reappearing with a blanket which she put around Em’s shoulders.

“Thanks,” the girl said and the officer just nodded before walking away. Emily sat there looking around. The station was small with only a room or two beyond the main room she was in. She noticed a woman who wasn’t in a uniform enter the station and walk directly to the door on the left of the room. She entered as if she owned the place closing the door behind her. Emily had seen the Sherriff enter that room right after they had arrived.

Emily was wondering if the other door lead to the jail, but she wasn’t about to ask. The Sherriff came out of his office with the woman who had recently entered his office. They were smiling and talking as both walked over to her.

“Hello Emily, I’m Janet. The Sherriff and I have been talking. We would like you to come live with us. Our cabin is just outside town,” she said letting the girl think this over. Emily sat there silently thinking over what the woman said. ~Someone actually wants me. There has to be a catch of some sort. There wasn’t with the old woman. This could be genuine. Only one way to find out.~ She thought.

“I’d like that very much,” she answered getting up from the chair. Janet seemed thrilled.

“Okay, then lets go get you some things before we head home. My husband will be working late. It will just be us until a couple hours after dark,” she said. Emily smiled and went with this woman to get settled.
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B

Anderson
Crewmember

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 pm

<Sherriff’s home>

Emily hadn’t expected to find such a nice dwelling. She walked in to a cold room knowing a fire was needed. She walked over to the hearth and moved to look for wood. The lady laughed.

“No wood needed. It’s electric,” she said and moved beside Em. The lady showed Em how to start the fire.

“Okay, you’ve seen the living room. Time for the tour,” she said getting up to show Emily around their home.

The dinning room held a nice sized table. The kitchen was full of dishes like any would be along with food in the fridge and pantry. The study was closed and off limits. There were two sets of stairs. The ones leading down were in the kitchen heading to the basement, or in this case the studio. It too was off limits.

The other set of stairs lead to where everyone would sleep along with the bathrooms. She was taken upstairs so she could see her new bedroom. She looked forward to sleeping in a bed by herself once again even though she would miss the old woman.

The lady left Emily alone once they had arrived in her new room. She sighed and wondered how things had gone so wrong to end up with something so right. ~Do I even deserve any of this?~ She thought remembering what her father had said.

Emily thought it would be awhile before she felt good about the new changes. She wondered if her father would ever acknowledge her again.
Ensign Emily Anderson
Medical Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38897-B