Better to have lost and lost,than to never have loved at all

Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

McCarty
Junior Staff

Better to have lost and lost,than to never have loved at all

Sat May 15, 2010 12:33 am

<<2386, USS Destiny, Lt(JG) McCarty's Quarters>>

Jake and Anna entered his quarters laughing and pushing each other playfully. They were returning from the holodeck involving a moonlight dinner. The two stopped in the middle of the living area. Anna looked Jake in the eyes. "Jake, that was the most amazing evening I have ever had. I will never forget it, I can't believe you are such a romantic."

Jake smiled and let out a soft laugh. "I can't believe I met a woman as amazing as you. Your eyes, I lose myself in them every time I look at you." He placed his hands on Anna's hips and began to caress her sides. Tears fell from Anna's eyes.

"Jake what do you think will happen to us once you leave? Will you remember me?" she said stuttering her words as she fought off her tears and emotion.

Jake wrapped his arms around her tightly and whispered into her ear. "Of course I will remember you. I will never forget you and one day we will be together again."

Anna turned her head to Jake's ear. "I would love that very much, I don't know what I am going to do without you."

Jake released his grasp on her and leaned himself back. "How about we save the goodbyes for later and just worry about the here and now?" Anna nodded. Jake placed his hand along the small of her back and led her into his bedroom. The two slid onto his bed and faced each other. Jake began to play with Anna's hair. Her eyes closed as she was lost in the moment, she enjoyed the feeling. The gentle touch of his fingers running through her hair cleansed her mind of any thought. The only thing Anna cared about at the moment was Jake.

She opened her eyes and began to run her fingers through his hair. Then she took her finger and ran it along Jake's ear, she knew it was his favorite place. Jake's hand slid down from her hand and landed softly on the bed as his body went numb. Something about Anna's touch relaxed him. "Don't fall asleep on me now. I want to spend as much time with you as I can."

Jake opened his eyes. "I don't plan on it." He took his hand and began caressing her sides. He slid his hand under Anna's shirt. Her skin was soft like silk, the feeling sent a tingling sensation throughout Jake's body.

Anna moved closer to Jake. He could feel her breath on his face. She placed his hand on her chest so that he could feel her heartbeat. Jake leaned his head into hers and they shared a passionate embrace. Jake leaned his head back for a moment. "Computer dim lights." The lights in the room instantly dimmed. Jake whispered into Anna's ear. "Anna there is something I need to say to you."

"What's that." she asked with a giggle.

"I love you..."

Although Jake couldn't see it he could tell Anna was smiling. The two embraced again.

<<More to follow at a later date.>>
Lieutenant JG Jake McCarty
Assistant Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

McCarty
Junior Staff

Re: Better to have lost and lost,than to never have loved at all

Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 pm

ON:
<<2386, USS Destiny, Lt(JG) McCarty's Quarters>>

Anna began to brush Jake's hair once again. "You were amazing."

Jake laughed softly. "Of course I was, this is me we are talking about."

Anna grabbed her pillow and hit Jake over the head with it. "You are so full of yourself sometimes Jake McCarty. I don't know if there is going to be enough room in this relationship for me and your overinflated ego!" She continued to pound on Jake with her pillow.

He raised his arm to defend himself from the feathery assault laughing the whole time. "Well than I guess you'll have to leave."

"OOOO!" Anna growled playfully. She threw the pillow to the side and pinned Jake down. "Really? well I don't see your ego making you breakfast or having a decent conversation with you." Anna cooed. "I also don't see your ego satisfying you the way I can either."

Jake propped himself up against the wall. "You know I don't usually admit this but I think you are right. I could never let you go. You are my world Anna Ferris, I live just to see your smile when I wake up. Space will seem a whole lot emptier without you around."

Anna placed her head on Jake's leg and began to caress it. "Perhaps one day I could get a transfer to the Malinche as well, who knows where Destiny will take us." Both she and Jake smiled at the thought of what lie ahead. A lifetime of opportunities waiting for them, they just hoped they would have a chance to experience some of them together.

Jake didn't want to openly admit it, but the idea of having Anna by his side once again thrilled him as he wasn't quite sure he was prepared to let her go. Anna had everything Jake sought in a mate in her. Confidence, intelligence, ambition, humor, kindness. He had a good feeling Anna was the one he would want to spend the rest of his life with. His smile grew once again. "I would like that a lot. Who knows what new discoveries we would encounter aboard the Malinche. Not to mention the technologies, I mean the MVAM system, upgraded weapons, tactical. I am sure you would have to do a new course on the engineering of that ship."

Anna smirked. "Don't kid yourself Jake McCarty, you aren't the only officer who is really good at his job you know."

"Oh really? Well I also have many other talents as well." he shot back.

Anna laughed. "Well I hope one of them is getting out of bed, you will be late for your shift and I have some work to get caught up on in engineering."

Jake turned staring and the ceiling and sighed. "Once again you have found my Achilles heel." He slid his feet off the bed and started to put his uniform on.

Anna slid out of the bed covering herself with a sheet. "I am going to take a shower before I go. When will I see you again?"

Jake turned back to her. "How about dinner tonight in the lounge? Say 1900 hrs after my shift is over."

Anna's face glowed as she smiled. "It's a date. See you then." She walked over to Jake and shared a quick embrace with him before entering the bathroom.

Jake waited until she was out of sight. Tears began to stream from his eyes. He was beginning to realize that his time with Anna was rapidly coming to an end.

OFF:
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

McCarty
Junior Staff

Re: Better to have lost and lost,than to never have loved at all

Sat May 29, 2010 1:29 pm

ON:
<<2386, USS Destiny, Lounge>>

Jake sat in the lounge waiting patiently for Anna to arrive. He often wondered where the rule allowing the female to be late for a date came from. Why could he not be the one late for once? In the past anytime he had been late for a date with a woman it usually resulted in disaster. He never regretted any of them for some of the women he had been around had questionable character at best.

Anna strolled through the doors moments later and browsed the room for Jake. He raised his hand waving her over. She smiled when she caught sight of him. She briskly made her way over to the table and took a seat.

"You're late.." Jake said sipping his drink.

Anna scoffed. "Mr.McCarty, may I remind you that even though I am not in your direct chain of command I am still a superior officer and I arrange the meetings! Furthermore I might add it is customary etiquette for the male to be early even though his female companion may not be." she replied sternly.

Jake smirked. "Ma'am, I heard 1900 hours." He looked at his chronometer. "It is now 1912. Despite being a superior officer you are still expected to meet timings, furthermore as a superior officer you are expected to set an example for young officers like myself. In addition might I add, I was never big on traditions." He shot back.

"Or etiquette..." Anna joked.

"HEY!" Jake replied pretending to be offended. "I am quite a gentleman, or so the ladies say."

Anna shook her head and laughed. "No Jake McCarty, what you are is impossible. Now, what's for dinner?"

Jake leaned back. He decided to playfully challenge Anna's accusations. "Whatever the lady is having."

Anna giggled. "Nice try, but you won't fool me that easy." Anna took a few moments to think. She stared Jake in the eyes noting he was smirking back at her. "We are NOT having macaroni and cheese. That is not suitable for a date and questionable for consumption."

Jake bowed his head. "Admit it Anna you enjoy it as much as I do."

"Got it!" Anna exclaimed dodging Jake's question. She got up and walked over to the replicator. "2 Jumbo Romulan Mollusks."

She returned to the table and set the plates in front of herself and Jake.

His face changed from a smile to complete bewilderment. "What in Kirk's name is this?" he asked.

She laughed. "It's Romulan Mollusk, I know it looks strange and I thought so the first time I tried it. However it tastes really good trust me. It will rival macaroni and cheese."

Jake looked down at his plate, he could not deny the fact that it looked strange and could not see how such a dish could rival macaroni and cheese. He bravily grabbed his fork and poked a portion of the food onto his fork. "I don't know what's harder, eating this or fighting the borg!" he joked.

Anna laughed histerically before covering her mouth. "Just eat it you petaQ!" she fired back.

Normally Jake would have been quite insulted by such a comment and most definetely would have punched the man who said it out, or insulted the woman even worse. However since it was Anna he knew she meant well.

He smiled and raised the fork as if giving cheers to Anna. He placed the fork in his mouth and began to chew the mollusk. He was expecting something bitter or overly sweet however this was no such thing. The flavour contained a hint of spice and was quite tangy. Jake was impressed by it and continued eating. "I got to admit, this is really good, just not macaroni and cheese good." He replied lying about his feelings towards the dish.

Anna could see right through him. "You can be so stubborn sometimes. When will you just let go?"

Jake placed his fork down. "Let go? What do you mean?" he asked curiously.

Anna also placed her fork down. "Jake, you don't always have to keep your defenses up, you can trust me." she replied with a warm smile.

Jake looked her in the eyes. As much as he trusted her he could not help but reminsce about the past. Too many times had Jake let his guard down only to be blind-sided. Being a Flight Control Officer Jake knew he never had the luxury of letting his guard down, on or off duty. He had to remain vigilant and alert and focused on the task, his personal life would have to be shoved aside. He sighed before continuing. "Anna it's not you....I'm just not as open as everyone else. It's the way I was brought up, to be strong for myself and others. Showing weakness gives your enemies the advantage in battle. I tend to practice this on and off duty so I will not falter at the moment of truth. Repetition will become habit after so long. Don't take it as an insult."

Anna looked down at the table and grabbed her napkin wiping her mouth off. She returned her focus to Jake. "How can you expect me to trust you if I don't even know you? I can only see what you allow me to see, do I really know you Jake?" she asked seemingly disappointed in him.

Jake reached across the table and grabbed her hand. "Anna trust me I am not playing you, what you see before you is the real Jake. No tricks, no games alright? I really do like this stuff and well its ALMOST as good as mac and cheese."

Anna lowered her head and began to giggle. "I suppose that's an improvement." She looked back up and decided to change topics. "Have you heard any word on the Malinche?"

Jake released his hold on Anna and leaned back. "Nothing more then we are to meet her at Starbase 386. I suppose both ships will doc for a few days for resupply and we move on." Jake could see the thought upset her. "Hey! don't go blue on me, we'll still talk and write all the time I promise ok?"

At first Anna was upset but his promise to keep in touch had brightened her mood significantly. "I would like that." Suddenly she looked down at her chronometer. "Oh my, where has the time gone? I am due on the bridge!"

Jake looked confused as to why the Chief Engineer would be on the bridge. "Why the bridge?" he asked.

"I am covering for Lieutenant Booth. He had an emergency with his child." she replied.

Jake smiled. "Well my shift starts in an hour I will see you then."

Anna got up. "I look forward to it." She turned and left the lounge.

Jake looked down at all the food on the table. "How am I even going to stay awake for my shift after all this?" he asked himself as he began to devour his meal.

OFF:

Lieutenant Commander Anna Ferris (NPC)
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Destiny NCC-4895

Played By:
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A