"The Destiny incident"

Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

McCarty
Junior Staff

"The Destiny incident"

Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:44 pm

<<2386, USS Destiny, Bridge>>

Jake stepped off the turbolift and onto the bridge where he was met by Lieutenant Tomlinson for his brief prior to the shift change. "Good evening Sir, reporting for shift." he said.

"Same to you Mr.McCarty. Unfortunately I have nothing of note to report beyond a few gaseous anomolies." Tomlinson replied.

Jake groaned. "Another exciting night at the helm I suppose."

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." he replied in a cautious tone. Suddenly the ship rumbled violently and came to red alert. Jake and Tomlinson stumbled. Tomlinson recovered and made his way to the helm.

"REPORT!" Conaway yelled.

"Sir we have two borg spheres to the port!" Tomlinson replied.

"Evasive manuevers, Lieutenant Torak arm phasers and quantum torpedoes, focus fire on the flanking sphere."

Torak fired on the sphere. "Minor damage to the sphere sir." The Destiny rumbled once again. "Sir shields at 75%." Torak exclaimed.

"Bring us to port, attack pattern Conaway delta four." Conaway yelled.

The ship swung hard to port and flew between the two spheres firing on the damaged one during the pass. "Moderate damage to the spheres hull and shields.

Another rumbled only this time sparks flew from various spots on the bridge. "Shields at 56%."

"Tomlinson, bring us about continue firing all phasers and torpedoes."

Torak fired once again. "Direct hit Sir, the sphere is diverting power to shields to compensate." The Destiny rumbled again. "Shields are at 24%, we have a hull breach on decks 29 and 30. Dorsal shields are buckling. Transferring auxiliary power to dorsal shields. The bridge shook once again and a piece of structure fell from the ceiling striking Tomlinson. Lt. Commander Schaeffer rushed over to check on the fallen officer, he turned to Conaway seconds later indicating he had no life signs.

Jake rushed down towards the helm. "Sir is he alright?" he asked.

"I'm afraid not son, you have the helm get us out of this." he replied.

Sparks flew from Lieutenant Torak's console pushing him back towards the rear stations rendering him unconscious. Anna left the operations console moving to tactical. Jake pushed the structure off the seat at the helm and took the controls.

"Sir shields are at 10%. Dorsal and ventral shields have collapsed. The warp engines are offline." Anna reported.

Jake turned back to the Captain. "Sir I have an idea permission to proceed. I need to coordinate with Anna I can use her to rotate the shields along the ship allowing more power to be concentrated on the vulnerable section. It should hold for a while."

"Make it so Mr. McCarty." Conaway replied.

"Anna I need you to transfer power from all non-essential systems to the shields and rotate coverage based on my movements. Keep our vulnerable sections covered." McCarty yelled.

Anna began making preparations. "Ready Jake." she replied.

"Alright Forward shields on my mark.....MARK." Jake brought the Destiny directly at the spheres, the blasts from the enemy could only strike the forward sections.

"Ms. Ferris fire phasers all banks, torperdoes full spread! FIRE!" The destiny fired upon the sphere yielding multiple impacts. She continued rotating the shields to match Jake's movements. The ship suddenly shook more violently than normal.

"Sir, we have a hull breach decks 15 through 20, emergency forcefields are holding." she exclaimed.

"Ms. Ferris, destroy that sphere if you would please." Conaway said leaning back in an almost calm manner.

"With pleasure sir." she fired upon the sphere. The sphere exploded seconds later. The other sphere emerged from the explosion striking the destiny across the front. Sparks flew from all over the bridge as the impacts rocked the ship.

"Sir weapons are offline, all we have is impulse. We can't take many more hits before the warp core breaches." Anna stated.

"Options anyone?" Conaway asked.

Jake had been scanning the area. He found a nebula only seconds away from their position that would provide the adequate cover. "Sir their is a nebula to our starboard which should disable weapons and shields, it will pose no harm to the crew I suggest we use it for cover.

Conaway nodded. Jake turned to his console and plotted the course to the nebula.

"Ms. Ferris all available power to aft shields." Conaway said.

Seconds later the ship was in the nebula. The borg ship stopped at the outskirts opting not to enter.

Jake turned back to Conaway. "Sir the borg ship is not persuing."

"Very well, all senior staff remaining to my ready room." He got up and walked towards his ready room stopping at Tomlinson's body. "Commander Scheaffer, get me a casualty report." he said solemnly before entering his ready room.

OFF:

Various NPC's played by:
Lieutenant JG Jake McCarty
Assistant Chief Flight Control Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A