Morning ramblings

Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

N'rass
Senior Staff

Morning ramblings

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:48 pm

<DS9, Airlock 5 0500 hrs>

The crowd of people exiting the personnel transport was nondescript and quiet as they made their way through the corridor to the station's promenade. The red haired half betazoid was a little less energetic than she would normally consider herself since it was quite early. The transport ship from earth was a bit slower than the Starfleet vessels she had become accustomed to, but that was the nature of civilian conscripts. She shifted her shoulder bag strap and rested her hands on it while she looked around the promenade entrance.

At this time of day the merchants were just coming to their storefronts, so there wasn't a whole lot of bustle. A quick look over her shoulder then back to the front, she started walking. There were a few things that looked interesting to the archaeologist, mental notes for later, then she came to the only restaurant establishment that was still in swing.

The Ferengi behind the bar looked up at the Irish looking woman. When she came closer, he greeted her with a calm "What can I do for you?"

Amber sat down at the bar and placed her bag on the seat next to her. "I'll havin anythin with caffine or somethin a mighty good kick." Normally she tried to mellow her native Irish accent, but this time she didn't care.

The barkeep smiled. It was unclear if it was for the attitude or the accent or both. "I can give you coffee or Raktigino. If you want a kick that the local authorities won't get on your case about, I can give you the rak at double intensity. That should be enough to keep a human of your build up for a week."

"Betazoid, actually." She corrected as she leaned her head on her elbows. "Well, a mite bit more betazoid than human. I just managed to look a wee bit more human. Quark, right?"

"Yes...It is. I take it you are telepathic?"

"That be correct. I also be seeing you don't find that bothersome. A good businessman indeed."

"Well, I suppose you think you have me pinned then. What then can tell about you?" He asked rhetorically giving her an all over look. With a smirk, he continued. "I am guessing you are civilian as you have no fleet ID. Artistic in specialty due to your sense of style and appearance and archaeologist due to your vintage jewelry and luggage. How was that?"

"Intriguingly accurate for a visual observation. I am in fact an archeologist and a trader in antiquities." She received his raktigino cup and eagerly sipped almost half of it at once. "That be a good cup o coffee. This ain't replicated is it?"

"Never. I get my supplies from real live vendors because the people pay accordingly. Anyone can get a replicated cup, not everyone can get a real one." He looked at her cup and smirked. "Would you want another one? You seem pretty thirsty."

"Nah, I'll save that for the next time. I will be comin back though. About them antiquities, I gather yer the guy to talk to."

Amber Thanis (PNPC)
Archeologist
USS Malinche
Lieutenant JG L'Randil N'rass
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A