Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

Thundera
Senior Staff

Secret Ops Mission

Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:37 pm

ON:<<TOP SECRET>>
< a few years ago, 1100>

Cheetara had been pulled away from the Mali and her duties as the Chief Securtiy/Tactical Officer for a top secret mission with Starfleet. At the beginning she didn't know why or for what purpose, but it had to be an extremely important for them to summon her. As she said her goodbyes to Kersare, she went to her flyer and left the Mali and headed for the rendevous point she was given in her instructions.

<Secret Ops Briefing, 1400>

A few hours had gone by as she made it to her destination. She docked into the starship's shuttlebay and went to go meet with the other members of the Special Ops Team. She walked into the briefing room and announced her arrival. "Hello, I'm Lt. Cheetara Thundera from the Malinche." She noticed that there were already four people sitting at the tables, and they all stared at her when she walked in.

"Yes I know who you are. Welcome. Please take a seat", the admiral told her.

Cheetara went over to the open chair at the end of the table to wait for the briefing to begin. A few moments later a couple more stragglers entered. They were late and spoke their apologies due to their transport vessel having some mechanical problems. The Admiral acknowledged them and had them sit the same way he had told me.

"I'm sure you are all wondering why I have called you here. The reason is simple, but the task will be hard", the Admiral started to explain. "Starfleet has been watching the Borg and the Delta Quadrant activity for the past few months. Seems that there are some new systems that have formed. We would like to make sure that we can get to these areas and secure alliances with the people before the Borg notice and assimilate them." He moved his over to Cheetara. "Lt Thundera here is going to be our expert in matters of the Borg during this mission given her knowledge of them as well as formally being one."

"How can we trust that she won't turn us in and rejoin the collective?" one of the other officers yelled out.

"How dare you?!" Cheetara retorted even though she understood where the concern was coming from.

The Admiral held up his hand to silence the murmuring room. "That's enough! I won't have any of that here. Lieutenant Thundera has been with Starfleet for quite awhile. We have monitored her performances since she was separated from the collective and joined with Starfleet. Her knowledge and expertise in this area are invaluable. As is each of you with your own special skills. Now if for any reason you feel uneasy, get over it. I will not tolerate disrespect. You can decline to accept this mission right now and I will find a replacement. Don't think you are the only ones available. You are the ones that I chose for this. Speak now or forever hold your peace."

Everyone in the room looked around at each other. Cheetara was quite impressed with the Admiral's little speech even though she was sure that he may have some of the same concerns. There was a holographic image that popped up in the middle of the table.

"This is where we are headed", the Admiral said as he pointed to a planet. "We are going to set up a small base to monitor the sector and and see which people have warp technology as well as to try and make sure the Borg stay away from them."

"Are we mounting an invasion?" another person asked.

"Are you not listening to what I am saying Commander?", the Admiral asked a little miffed. "We are going to be monitoring the system and the activity there of. We are NOT invading anywhere."

"Sorry Sir, that's not what I meant. I meant if the Borg show up, then what are we going to do?"

"We will have several high tech ships with the most advanced weaponry patrolling nearby to defend ourselves should the Borg attack. But our first part to this mission is to get us all set up in the area. That is why I have called for each of you." The Admiral explained. "Now take these padds and pass them around. They will explain more about the mission. I have set up quarters for everyone here while we travel to our final destination. Cheetara, your quarters have been modified for the regeneration of your implants. Everyone is dismissed."

Cheetara had taken the padd that was handed to her and then stood up and left the room to head to her quarters.

OFF:
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A

Thundera
Senior Staff

Re: Secret Ops Mission

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 am

ON:<<TOP SECRET>>
< a few years ago, Day 1 2000>

Cheetara sat in her quarters assigned to her going over the reports for this mission. She made sure that she gathered all the supplies that she would need for herself just in case everything was not provided where we were going. While deep in thought she heard a voice come over the comm.

"Everyone begin preparations, we will arrive in three hours"

Hmm, she thought to herself. Everyone should have already begun to prepare. At least if any of them had any common sense. She chuckled to herself quietly at her own thoughts. She really wanted to send a message to her former Captain to let her know that she had arrived safely, but knew that wasn't allowed.

Cheetara went over to the replicator and grabbed a bite to eat. It had been several hours and she could feel her stomach start to rumble. What will it be this time. Maybe I should try something new, she thought to herself before speaking out to the replicator. "Hungarian meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn on the cob with a glass of half and half tea", she told the replicator console.

The molecules and atoms began swirling around as the food and beverage she ordered began to materialize. She picked it up and headed over to the small table on the other side of the room. Who designed this? They should really put the table near the replicator. It would be more efficient that way, she thought while pondering the stupidity of the design teams. They make everything else efficient, but not that.

She sat there eating while thinking about what went on at the meeting, and what was said about her. She still didn't like the implications from some of the members, but what could she do. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how asinine she thought it to be.

Mmm. That was rather tasty, she thought as she was taking her last bites. She picked up her empty plate and took it back over to the replicator and order it to be cleared. She left her glass on the table as she was still drinking the lovely mixture of Lemonade and Iced Tea known as half and half on Earth. She went back over and lost track of time mentally preparing herself for what awaited her with the mission because the next thing she hard was the same voice from earlier come over the comm.

"We have arrived. Everyone grab your belongings and meet in the main shuttle bay."

She did just that. She gathered up her things and headed to the shuttle bay. When she arrived almost everyone was there waiting to depart. Of course there are always a few people that just have to be late. Does time concept really elude them? Moments later they all boarded the shuttles and headed down to the planet.

<Day 2, 0015>

Cheetara had finished unpacking in her new quarters that were assigned for the rest of mission. It appeared that they were in a secret cloaked base inside of a hollowed out mountain side to over look these people and watch their progress as well as to make sure the Borg doesn't bother them.

She walked into the main room and sat at a terminal to begin monitoring what was going on. "Are we looking for anything in particular?", she asked still not knowing the full details.

"We are watching to see what they do, and how they advance. I want you to keep an eye out in space for anything out of the ordinary. You can link into the sensor buoy that have been set in place. I don't want to be surprised by any cubes or spheres coming this way", the admiral told her

"Yes Sir, very well", she replied as she turned back to her station.

OFF: TBC......
Lieutenant Cheetara Thundera
Chief Science Officer
USS Malinche NCC 38997-A