Posts regarding your character's life before joining the USS Malinche

Moderators: Tournneau, Korath, Kersare

McKeon
Senior Staff

Intel- The Dominion War

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:52 am

<<Planet Betazed Dominion War: Dominion Invasion>>

ON:
Alister groaned slightly as he slowly pushed himself off the ground, running a quick mental check to make sure nothing was broken. Regaining his feet he glanced behind him, the solid building, that had housed Starfleet personal transferring through Betazed had been destroyed replaced by a large pile of rubble. Closing his eyes, he cursed silently, before pushing forward into the Betazed Capitol. Panic had filled the streets as the Dominion drop ships started to grow larger in the sky, the few planetary defenses destroyed from orbit along with strikes meant to discourage and dismay the local population. He needed to reach more open terrain where he could live off the land and evade Dominion patrols; the city was not a place to get stuck in the opening stages of any invasion, unless safe houses and a basic cell system had already been put into place for a guerrilla campaign. Slipping among the people busily fleeing the areas hardest hit by the Dominion orbital strikes, he spied a familiar man wearing the gray uniform of Intelligence arguing with a squad of Betazed defense personal and gesturing to the distance hills outside the city.

“I suggest you listen very closely to what the Senior Chief says,” Alister said as he stepped up beside the man, “The planetary Capitol will fall just as soon as the Dominion ships arrive, their shock troops are ruthless, and without fear they will take this city, and any resistance will be crushed without mercy.” He glanced around the ten Betazed’s making sure to look each of them in the eye, “A straight up fight is hopeless without more troops and the ability to strike at the orbiting warships, and strong points will be dealt with by a bombardment. We need to get out of the city and go to ground in the hills and mountains, let them withdraw the bulk of their warships and then hit the ground troops stationed here, bleed them dry with ambushes and hit and round tactics.” He gave a glance at the sharpening contrails of landers, “I assure you that myself and the Chief have no desire to die in some hopeless fight, and having a core of soldiers would be a big help in any resistance movement. I cannot order you to follow us, but I will highly suggest it if you wish to see your families again, when Starfleet begins a counter attack.”

Turning he gave a nod to the Senior Chief and the two of them hurried off toward the edge of the city, Alister gave a glance behind them after a city block or two and smiled slightly seeing the squad following rapidly in their wake. It was time to see if they could give the Dominion a belly ache.

OOC: My apologies for the late post which was suppose to have been posted on the 30th. I'm afraid work had other plans for me, and the 1900 off time turned into 2345 due to American Airlines blowing a tire on landing at my airport.
Lieutenant Alister McKeon
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A

McKeon
Senior Staff

Re: Intel- The Dominion War

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 pm

ON:

<<Planet Betazed Dominion War: Dominion Invasion>>

Alister glanced up the stone ceiling above his head and then down at the Betazed civilians gathered in the cave, a single yellow shirt Starfleet Engineer moved among the crowd heading for the back corner to try and get an old replicator running. The defense force troopers where well hidden outside keeping an eye on the approaches to the cave.

“Alright Chief, what have you got for me,” he said turning to speak to the Chief.

“Looks like all organized resistance has been destroyed, those soldiers who didn’t run during the fighting have been captured or killed. I haven’t seen any evidence of anyone else from our unit making it out, but they might have chosen a different direction to escape from the city,” the Chief said laying out the basics. “We might have to risk sending out a comms broadcast if we want to start organizing a resistance.”

Alister shook his head, “Not right now, we don’t have a fallback position set up, and we still have to figure out what to do with the civilians. Ask around and see if any are willing to help a resistance movement, or if they have family in the country that might be willing to help. We also need additional weapons, if the Dominion is still organizing the occupation we might be able to raid a depot, I doubt the Betazed troops managed to get fully mobilized.”

The Chief nodded his head, “I’ll check with the troops we have, maybe they have some depots away from the city we could hit. I would rather not get into a city fight with the numbers we have.”

Alister nodded, “Agreed, let’s get started and see if we can’t make the Dominion choke on this planet.”

OFF:
Lieutenant Alister McKeon
Chief Intelligence Officer
USS Malinche NCC-38997-A